UPDATED: SSAM NA Clip/Replay Contest: 4000 GOLD REWARD Monthly

gold reward contest replay contest weekly contest gold selfless samaritan SSAM

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

TalonNail #21 Posted Apr 27 2018 - 19:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 33832 battles

In a match and a tanker asked for help and I drove through the city found them and helped them:

https://clips.twitch.tv/DignifiedHappyBeeAsianGlow

Short time later they said thanks bro and I replied:

https://clips.twitch.tv/LovelyBelovedReindeerTF2John

OminousFyxen #22 Posted Apr 28 2018 - 16:18

Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 13148 battles
  • [BABNS] BABNS

Join us tonight around 9pm EST to vote for this week's entries and to vote for the first monthly SSAM award of 2000 gold :)

https://www.twitch.tv/ominousfyxen

OminousFyxen #23 Posted Apr 28 2018 - 16:19

Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 13148 battles
  • [BABNS] BABNS

View PostTalonNail, on Apr 27 2018 - 13:07, said:

In a match and a tanker asked for help and I drove through the city found them and helped them:

https://clips.twitch.tv/DignifiedHappyBeeAsianGlow

Short time later they said thanks bro and I replied:

https://clips.twitch.tv/LovelyBelovedReindeerTF2John

Awesome! This will be entered for next week :) Thanks for being a great teammate, I know you would do it regardless of the gold XD

Kylt #24 Posted Apr 29 2018 - 05:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 11836 battles

http://wotreplays.eu...erberg-kylt-110

"VK100.01P saves my neck"

CabbageMechanic #25 Posted Apr 30 2018 - 21:54

Senior Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 8410 battles
  • [WGA] WGA
Love this contest!  Hoping to see some more replays of tankers helping tankers!

NutrientibusMeaGallus #26 Posted Apr 30 2018 - 22:35

Major

• Players
  • 20559 battles
  • [FILOX] FILOX
 I flipped a leopard back over the other day... I was just like I can't believe that worked when I got him back on his tracks.... Wish I recorded it.... Now I know for next time.

tonkmato #27 Posted May 01 2018 - 03:36

Captain

• Players
  • 14124 battles
I flipped my tog some time last patch, didnt have replays turned on, but a stug tried for at least 3 minutes to flip me back over. Of course it didn't work, but it was hilarious and he was a good battle buddy

OminousFyxen #28 Posted May 01 2018 - 19:04

Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 13148 battles
  • [BABNS] BABNS

View PostKylt, on Apr 28 2018 - 23:06, said:

http://wotreplays.eu...erberg-kylt-110

"VK100.01P saves my neck"

Hey, thank you so much for the submission, do you mind to update the title as shown in the contest rules (you can click CONTEST/REPLAY CONTROLS to change the title) and let me know the general time frame of the save by the VK? Thank you! :)

OminousFyxen #29 Posted May 01 2018 - 19:05

Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 13148 battles
  • [BABNS] BABNS

View Posttonkmato, on Apr 30 2018 - 21:36, said:

I flipped my tog some time last patch, didnt have replays turned on, but a stug tried for at least 3 minutes to flip me back over. Of course it didn't work, but it was hilarious and he was a good battle buddy

It is great to hear about these things! I have had so many times when I was flipped and people just passed literally right by me when no one was even firing on us... so nice when someone actually does the decent thing :)

OminousFyxen #30 Posted May 01 2018 - 19:06

Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 13148 battles
  • [BABNS] BABNS

View PostNutrientibusMeaGallus, on Apr 30 2018 - 16:35, said:

I flipped a leopard back over the other day... I was just like I can't believe that worked when I got him back on his tracks.... Wish I recorded it.... Now I know for next time.

That is awesome! Although the contest has now been updated to focus on SSAM deeds done by others... if it happens again you should still throw a clip/replay up here... who knows.... :) And thank you for helping out your teammate... that is awesome :)

OminousFyxen #31 Posted May 01 2018 - 19:08

Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 13148 battles
  • [BABNS] BABNS

View PostCabbageMechanic, on Apr 30 2018 - 15:54, said:

Love this contest!  Hoping to see some more replays of tankers helping tankers!

Thank you! I am so happy to see the entries so far, it has been well-received and I hope it has a positive effect on the community. I know that there are alot of folks who I've seen say that the toxicity is a big reason they left the game. It's a shame. I am hoping to demonstrate that there are still lots of unsung heroes and good folks out there making the game better!

OminousFyxen #32 Posted May 01 2018 - 20:42

Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 13148 battles
  • [BABNS] BABNS

View PostOminousFyxen, on Mar 31 2018 - 20:42, said:

Good Day Fellow Tankers!

Too often people only take time to insult each other about perceived (or actual) bad performance in games, spreading the negative juju all around town. So instead, I want to do something different. Instead of frags, funny moments, and amazing game-play (which is great but already getting attention) I am going to be rewarding instances of selfless service with the Selfless Samaritan Replay Contest. Every week I will select the three best submitted replays and we will review them on my stream and let the viewers vote on which one should be awarded 2000 gold. Then each month, I plan to let the viewers vote on which of the weekly finalists should get the 2000 gold prize.

So, what kind of replays am I looking for? So you know how every now and then you see someone doing something selfless to help out a random teammate (not while platooning or in clan stuff though, that should be expected :) )… like up-righting a flipped tank, taking shots for a teammate who is tracked or damaged, helping free someone trapped by a dead tank, etc? Well, that is the kind of thing I am talking about, because regardless of how the player got there, another gun staying in the game gives the team a better chance to win, and sometimes that person who was aided by the selfless Samaritan actually makes a huge difference and sometimes it doesn’t, you never know at the moment.

The point of this replay contest is for you to submit clips/replays which capture someone performing an act of selfless service for another random player.  PLEASE NOTE: If you have a clip or replay of something selfless or awesome that you did for a teammate, we'd still love to see it posted on this forum but it wouldn't qualify for this contst as we are focusing on "selfless" here... XD

Here’s the rules and how it works:

THE RULES:

Clips or replays must clearly show the deed done by the Selfless Samaritan.

Clips/replays CANNOT BE FROM CLAN WARS, SKIRMISHES OR PLATOONS

Clips/replays must be submitted by 3:00AM EST Friday of each week (That’s so I can have Friday and part of Saturday to review replays for Saturday evening’s stream/vote)

Must be of a game that was played during that week (if the game happened after the cut-off of 3AM it should be submitted for the following week’s contest)

Must be a follower on my twitch channel and must be present during the Saturday night stream to be awarded your share of the gold if you are voted winner- IF YOU ARE NOT PRESENT, THE ENTIRE PRIZE WILL AUTOMATICALLY GO TO THE SAMARITAN WHO DID THE ACT.

How to Submit

Clips-

1. Post link to clip in this thread as a quote/reply to this post. Include in the post why you think the deed was a selfless samaritan act worthy of winning.

2. Watch the stream on Saturdays at approximately 9pm EST to see who the finalists are and to vote on the winner!

3. If you are the winner, you must send me a whisper immediately after the announcement with your WOT name so that I can gift you the prize or it will go to the Samaritan as mentioned above.

For Replays, submit as follows-

1. Upload replay to http://wotreplays.eu/ by 3am EST that week with "OminousFyxen SSAM" in the title OR IT WILL BE DISQUALIFIED

2. Post link to replay as a quote/reply to this post and explain why why you think the deed was a selfless samaritan act worthy of winning. INCLUDE THE TIMEFRAME/TIMESTAMP of the event please!

3. Join us around 9pm EST that Saturday to see who the finalists are and to vote on the winner!

4. If you are the winner, you must send me a whisper immediately after the announcement with your WOT name so that I can gift you the prize or it will go to the Samaritan as mentioned above.

Good luck!

Here's an example of a clip that shows a selfless act and is pretty entertaining, lol!

https://clips.twitch.tv/ArtisticTenderHerdYee

For those who have asked elsewhere and who were not able to be there this past Sat for last week's contest and the first monthly finals... here's a video from the stream with the finalist for the week and shortened clips of the previous winners for April. I promise to make a better video next time instead of using the stream version. :)

https://gaming.youtu...k&feature=share

SparkyGT #33 Posted May 02 2018 - 15:26

Major

• Players
  • 46399 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-
nice idea, just noticed you changed your name :)

OminousFyxen #34 Posted May 02 2018 - 22:12

Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 13148 battles
  • [BABNS] BABNS

View PostSparkyGT, on May 02 2018 - 09:26, said:

nice idea, just noticed you changed your name :)

heya Sparky! Yup, changed it a month or so back I think. Good to "see" you :)

OminousFyxen #35 Posted May 04 2018 - 15:58

Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 13148 battles
  • [BABNS] BABNS

View Posttonkmato, on Apr 30 2018 - 21:36, said:

Oh no, you foundered your Tog... and the poor Stug was fighting the battle of Sisyphus... but it was nice of him to try :)

Saber_Steve #36 Posted May 05 2018 - 03:39

Private

• -Players-
  • 7761 battles
  • [G_W_S] G_W_S

I had a really bad game but after I had a major derp moment this TD driver helped me out.  Which in the end helped me to help the team mop up.

http://wotreplays.eu...ber_steve-l6_40

OminousFyxen #37 Posted May 06 2018 - 16:18

Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 13148 battles
  • [BABNS] BABNS

View PostSaber_Steve, on May 04 2018 - 21:39, said:

I had a really bad game but after I had a major derp moment this TD driver helped me out.  Which in the end helped me to help the team mop up.

http://wotreplays.eu...ber_steve-l6_40

That was excellent can't believe both of you made it off the side! Excited to see it for next week's contest :) Thank you for submitting!

Not_Connery #38 Posted May 07 2018 - 17:51

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6907 battles

Ok, so I have two questions.  One, can I send a replay of myself doing something for another player, or does it have to be someone else?

Two, if I am able to send in my own replay, I have a replay that I want to maybe send in for this contest, but I probably will not be able to attend the stream (work schedule).  Would I still be able to be voted winner and receive the prize?

Edited by Not_Connery, May 07 2018 - 18:06.

OminousFyxen #39 Posted May 08 2018 - 05:11

Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 13148 battles
  • [BABNS] BABNS

View PostNot_Connery, on May 07 2018 - 11:51, said:

Ok, so I have two questions.  One, can I send a replay of myself doing something for another player, or does it have to be someone else?

Two, if I am able to send in my own replay, I have a replay that I want to maybe send in for this contest, but I probably will not be able to attend the stream (work schedule).  Would I still be able to be voted winner and receive the prize?

Hi, thank you for the questions and for the good deed. Originally the contest was open to all replays whether you did the deed or someone else did. However, as of March 31st, the rules changed. Here are your answers:

1. As of March 31st, you are not able to submit clips/replays of your own good deeds for the contest as we are trying to make it a true "selfless" samaritan recognition. However, you should still add it to the Tankers Helping Tankers forum post (http://forum.worldof...psreplays-here/) and who knows... :)

2. If you submit a replay/clip of something someone else did and you were not able to be there at the time of the voting, the full prize would automatically go to the SSAM who did the deed.

Thanks again and good luck out there! Hope to see your deed on the THT forum topic :)

Not_Connery #40 Posted May 09 2018 - 12:58

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6907 battles

View PostOminousFyxen, on May 08 2018 - 05:11, said:

Hi, thank you for the questions and for the good deed. Originally the contest was open to all replays whether you did the deed or someone else did. However, as of March 31st, the rules changed. Here are your answers:

1. As of March 31st, you are not able to submit clips/replays of your own good deeds for the contest as we are trying to make it a true "selfless" samaritan recognition. However, you should still add it to the Tankers Helping Tankers forum post (http://forum.worldof...psreplays-here/) and who knows... :)

2. If you submit a replay/clip of something someone else did and you were not able to be there at the time of the voting, the full prize would automatically go to the SSAM who did the deed.

Thanks again and good luck out there! Hope to see your deed on the THT forum topic :)

Ok, for me to upload to the other thread, should I still have "OminousFyxen SSAM" in the title or doeas it not apply as it is not the contest?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users