I can't make the team win to complete a mission

personal missions campaign personal campaign missions

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Bavor #1 Posted Apr 03 2018 - 04:04

Major

• Players
  • 30549 battles

I've been going back through my personal missions to complete all of them with honors.  I'm on one of the heavy tank missions where you have to have your damage done, damage blocked, and damage received be over a certain amount and win.  I had several battles like this tonight.  6,200+ damage done, 7,400+ damage blocked, and a loss because most of my team can't do 1,000 damage.  I give up for today and will try again later in the week.

KeepYourselfSafe_xD #2 Posted Apr 03 2018 - 04:05

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5992 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
Lol, who cares. Keep playing, w/e

EDIT: Also, doubt you had several matches like that considering your past 24h

Edited by KeepYourselfSafe_xD, Apr 03 2018 - 04:08.

Albinosmurfs #3 Posted Apr 03 2018 - 04:11

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12642 battles
  • [HARM] HARM
That is kind of the point. Some missions are easier to do on losing teams so they add win as an objective.

Bavor #4 Posted Apr 03 2018 - 04:17

Major

• Players
  • 30549 battles

View PostKeepYourselfSafe_xD, on Apr 02 2018 - 22:05, said:

EDIT: Also, doubt you had several matches like that considering your past 24h

It looks like Wotlabs is slow to update.  They list 45 battles in the past 24, but I only played for about 2 hours tonight.

I also didn't play all heavy tanks tonight trying to complete the mission.  I did a few light tank spotting missions where I did next to no damage and tons of spotting, which doesn't reflect on WN8 for the day.

You can keep spouting off your uninformed opinions and making yourself look like a [edited]or you can check facts before opening your mouth.

galspanic #5 Posted Apr 03 2018 - 04:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 24502 battles
I hardly play anymore because of this.  It will drive you mad so I suggest you just stop caring about the missions and find another way to value the game.

Bavor #6 Posted Apr 03 2018 - 04:20

Major

• Players
  • 30549 battles

View PostAlbinosmurfs, on Apr 02 2018 - 22:11, said:

That is kind of the point. Some missions are easier to do on losing teams so they add win as an objective.

Then the mission is dependent on your team having two brain cells to rub together and not your own skill.  Therefore, the personal mission is not related as much to player skill, but to luck and matchmaker.

Kamahl1234 #7 Posted Apr 03 2018 - 04:25

Major

• Players
  • 18390 battles

View PostBavor, on Apr 03 2018 - 03:20, said:

Then the mission is dependent on your team having two brain cells to rub together and not your own skill.  Therefore, the personal mission is not related as much to player skill, but to luck and matchmaker.

Not so much, it's to prevent strategies to only complete the mission at the cost of team wins. For example this mission is comparatively much easier if you let your team die off while you just sit and have some weaker enemies plink off of your armor. 

It's a mission where you are tasked with doing this as well as  contributing positively to a victory. It's always been known that personal missions require a bit of luck anyways. Even without the wins luck is a bit of it, much like most games of skill. I think you're misunderstanding what luck is, and how skill is used to seize opportunity, not necessarily just create opportunity. 

Albinosmurfs #8 Posted Apr 03 2018 - 04:37

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12642 battles
  • [HARM] HARM

View PostBavor, on Apr 03 2018 - 04:20, said:

It's your personal mission but ya it's a team game so sometimes you won't be able to finish it. It's not dependent on luck because it has to do with your own performance.

Bavor #9 Posted Apr 03 2018 - 04:49

Major

• Players
  • 30549 battles

View PostKamahl1234, on Apr 02 2018 - 22:25, said:

Not so much, it's to prevent strategies to only complete the mission at the cost of team wins. For example this mission is comparatively much easier if you let your team die off while you just sit and have some weaker enemies plink off of your armor. 

It's a mission where you are tasked with doing this as well as  contributing positively to a victory. It's always been known that personal missions require a bit of luck anyways. Even without the wins luck is a bit of it, much like most games of skill. I think you're misunderstanding what luck is, and how skill is used to seize opportunity, not necessarily just create opportunity. 

View PostAlbinosmurfs, on Apr 02 2018 - 22:37, said:

It's your personal mission but ya it's a team game so sometimes you won't be able to finish it. It's not dependent on luck because it has to do with your own performance.

Its dependent on luck with matchmaker and team skill.  If your team is too low in skill that they can't be carried to a victory, then you won't complete the mission with honors.  If your team is too far above average, the enemy team won't be alive long enough for you to complete the mission.  You need a map that allows you to have a position for you to put your tank in an area to bounce many shots and also do damage.  You need a team that is competent, but not too good so that the battle isn't over before you can do enough damage and block enough damage to complete the mission.

TommyBuns #10 Posted Apr 03 2018 - 04:50

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9158 battles

View PostBavor, on Apr 02 2018 - 22:04, said:

I've been going back through my personal missions to complete all of them with honors.  I'm on one of the heavy tank missions where you have to have your damage done, damage blocked, and damage received be over a certain amount and win.  I had several battles like this tonight.  6,200+ damage done, 7,400+ damage blocked, and a loss because most of my team can't do 1,000 damage.  I give up for today and will try again later in the week.

Sounds like you got jebaited, personally I hate when that happens, don't you?

__WarChild__ #11 Posted Apr 03 2018 - 05:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 17503 battles
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE

View PostBavor, on Apr 02 2018 - 21:04, said:

Everyone knows that winrate is the only thing that matters in WoT.  If you're not winning, then you're losing.  If you want/need to win, you need to get better.  Every game can be won.  You just have to find the way.

Griffon327327 #12 Posted Apr 03 2018 - 08:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 78416 battles
  • [NVRDI] NVRDI

WOT knows EXACTLY what mission you are on always .. if you want to avoid arty when driving your T95 then pick a mission to kill arty and poof no arty you will see for 95 out of next 100 battles

the only known way to fool wargaming into NOT sabotaging your mission is to join a platoon and NOT be the commander and make sure the commander of platoon does not have a mission same as you or one that will mess with yours

how many times you need to kill 2 heavy tanks and 60 missions in a row enemy doesn't even have 2 heavy's on team ?? this is what im talking about

when you join a platoon wargaming only sees the mission of the commander of platoon and ignores the missions of the other 2 members

wargaming data logs everything about your account non stop and battles take far longer to organize if all they check is tank type and weight and tier .. a modern server is billions upon billions more capable of doing that in a fraction of a millisecond so why do you think sometimes it takes 3 -5 minutes ?  wargaming is deciding how best to mess with EVERYONES game simultaneously and profit over it by selling premium time and tanks and gold to free exp tanks and raise crew skills

using free exp converted with gold is wargamings number one $$ revenue selling premium doesnt even rate a blip on radar

FluffyBadBad #13 Posted Apr 03 2018 - 09:09

Captain

• Players
  • 27949 battles
you could have had a 10 kill game if you carried harder

da_Rock002 #14 Posted Apr 03 2018 - 10:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 7062 battles

View PostBavor, on Apr 02 2018 - 22:20, said:

Depends on the matchmaker?

Not always....   RNG trumps the MM sometimes. 

Swell_Sell #15 Posted Apr 03 2018 - 10:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24488 battles
  • [AJ] AJ

View PostGriffon327327, on Apr 03 2018 - 07:06, said:

WOT knows EXACTLY what mission you are on always .. if you want to avoid arty when driving your T95 then pick a mission to kill arty and poof no arty you will see for 95 out of next 100 battles

the only known way to fool wargaming into NOT sabotaging your mission is to join a platoon and NOT be the commander and make sure the commander of platoon does not have a mission same as you or one that will mess with yours

how many times you need to kill 2 heavy tanks and 60 missions in a row enemy doesn't even have 2 heavy's on team ?? this is what im talking about

when you join a platoon wargaming only sees the mission of the commander of platoon and ignores the missions of the other 2 members

wargaming data logs everything about your account non stop and battles take far longer to organize if all they check is tank type and weight and tier .. a modern server is billions upon billions more capable of doing that in a fraction of a millisecond so why do you think sometimes it takes 3 -5 minutes ?  wargaming is deciding how best to mess with EVERYONES game simultaneously and profit over it by selling premium time and tanks and gold to free exp tanks and raise crew skills

using free exp converted with gold is wargamings number one $$ revenue selling premium doesnt even rate a blip on radar

WG has stated how matchmaking works. The system is archaic. They can't even balance tiers without creating a multitude of new balancing issues. They're literally the Barney Fife of video game developers.

Stop giving them too much credit or they'll release an idiotic battle royale game mode. Oh... wait...

Ericmopar #16 Posted Apr 03 2018 - 11:44

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 947 battles

My attitude towards missions is this, just play as good as  you can, and the missions will eventually get completed, or at least most of them.

24cups #17 Posted Apr 03 2018 - 12:41

Major

• Players
  • 22783 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
I don't try to do missions. They just happen or not. Too many games are lost by people concentrating on missions instead of winning. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users