• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

KilIingblow #141 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 15:46

Private

• Players
  • 8726 battles
  • [BTPU] BTPU

View PostIVilKilU, on Apr 03 2018 - 22:44, said:

What arty was your son playing? I play tier 8 and 9 arties. I have to shoot and move a lot. At times I end the game by being forced to go as a TD. This is hard to take when before arty was nerfed. I got top gun in at that time my Grille. Carried the game, won the game. Then however, we could load with AP if we had to turn TD. I see your attempt here as the common same old ant-arty rant. Which interpreted says, Please WG, take out everything that is a hurdle I have to jump to win a game. Enough said.

Again Ivilkilu, You assume to much which makes for difficult conversations between posts. I did not call out for removal of anything nor did I say I want to make it easier to win. Just wanted to talk about the current arty as I see it. 

KilIingblow #142 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 16:10

Private

• Players
  • 8726 battles
  • [BTPU] BTPU

I will admit I don't play arty and I will admit I should try it a little more than I have in the past. Maybe I will really like it who knows.

Thanks to all those who posted back kindly and "wth" to those who make wild assumptions, and are abrasive to others in the forums.

To all: Good tanking no matter your skill or vehicle of choice, 

rogueluke #143 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 16:11

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14722 battles
  • [MAG7] MAG7

View PostKilIingblow, on Jun 07 2018 - 14:46, said:

Again Ivilkilu, You assume to much which makes for difficult conversations between posts. I did not call out for removal of anything nor did I say I want to make it easier to win. Just wanted to talk about the current arty as I see it. 

i honestly do not see a problem with arty.

most cases if you use a spall liner you will not get that huge amount of damage from one. 

easy kills for arty tend to be open top TD's because low HP and no armor.

the system is setup for you to see what direction arty hit  you from.

you can turn your heavy armor that way or tell your team what direction you were hit from.

they are glass cannons, once found they are dead.

rogueluke #144 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 16:16

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14722 battles
  • [MAG7] MAG7

View PostKilIingblow, on Jun 07 2018 - 15:10, said:

I will admit I don't play arty and I will admit I should try it a little more than I have in the past. Maybe I will really like it who knows.

Thanks to all those who posted back kindly and "wth" to those who make wild assumptions, and are abrasive to others in the forums.

To all: Good tanking no matter your skill or vehicle of choice, 

playing it will help you learn to avoid it better and what terrain features make it hard to hit you.

MUMBLESRUMBLES #145 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 20:18

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 45566 battles
  • [TAC-E] TAC-E
why, again, move on  and just play the game instead of crying over it

dunniteowl #146 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 05:19

Major

• -Players-
  • 20968 battles

View PostIVilKilU, on Apr 03 2018 - 16:36, said:

Everything every time is Artie's fault. OP says he let his son play on his account. How old? How often? You whiners think Players giving the logins and controls of their accounts over to the10 year olds might be why your team is a super failure? Not arty.

His sons have their OWN accounts, they play in the same room and can look over each others' shoulders.  His sons are 18 and 20.  Reading is tricky.

MoDeM_FoX #147 Posted Jun 09 2018 - 08:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 6852 battles
  • [IMBAD] IMBAD

Here's some balance: allow another class of tank that can repair 1 tank every 3 minutes. This should counter the damage artiliary does to a point. At best you can fix 5 tanks in a 15 minute match.

Only allow 1 per match.

RushBayou #148 Posted Jun 10 2018 - 09:35

Private

• Players
  • 9471 battles

i couldnt get through all the unrealistic comment from non arti players.... arti is so nurffed that its not as fun as it use to be... but a real prob with arti is unrealistic xp and money earned. its soo fkn low its impossible to play only arti. ive been grinding for a verrry long time to get my next tier arti. 3.5 mill is just impossible to get.

as for the tankers that complain... u need to play arti to be a better tanker. help ur support to support u. oh ... and use cover :p

but ... if we could choose our maps when we chose our tanks for battle, it will show many diffs in who (tank favs) chooses each map. some maps are faves for tankers but arti hate them... oh ... arti luv ppl who camp :) ... just saying

Edited by RushBayou, Jun 10 2018 - 09:37.

Tiocfaidh_Arla #149 Posted Jun 10 2018 - 12:31

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2105 battles
  • [DIXIE] DIXIE
Arty should be limited to one per game.

Blackhorse_One_ #150 Posted Jun 10 2018 - 15:47

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3763 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

View PostscHnuuudle_bop, on Apr 05 2018 - 15:37, said:

Cammo, would be an actual feature, not just pretty. It would be possible for 2 enemies actually bump into each other without lighting up. There would be actual spotting skill involved , again not just a mathematical formula.

Several Blackhorse have long felt that there should be a timer on Spotting, something like at least 2 seconds of LOS time (varying with terrain, distance and camo value) to fully spot, ie, identify, enemy targets and perhaps also to spot "possibles". In no case should a target spotted in Open Ground, traveling in Open Ground, and remaining in Open Ground while Spotted ever disappear from a Spotter's LOS unless hard cover or dense concealment interposes due to motion of the Spotter and/or target.

While 3 SPGs per team may be too many, 2 should probably be the cap, and they ought to be allowed to form-up in the Garage ...

That's right, I said it - Two friends with arty should be allowed to platoon!

Edited by Blackhorse_One_, Jun 10 2018 - 16:00.

stalkervision #151 Posted Jun 10 2018 - 15:51

Major

• Players
  • 58524 battles

View PostBlackhorse_One_, on Jun 10 2018 - 09:47, said:

Several Blackhorse have long felt that there should be a timer on Spotting, something like at least 2 seconds of LOS time (varying with terrain, distance and camo value) to fully spot, ie, identify, enemy targets and perhaps also to spot "possibles". In no case should a target spotted in Open Ground, traveling in Open Ground, and remaining in Open Ground while Spotted ever disappear from a Spotter's LOS unless hard cover or dense concealment interposes due to motion of the Spotter and/or target.

agree with both points.

Nonamanadus #152 Posted Jun 10 2018 - 18:52

Major

• Players
  • 28142 battles
  • [HBG] HBG

When I play arty I will pick a medium over a heavy because you do more damage (they don't fit spall liners) and it is a quicker way to take a gun out of the battle which is important. Then you have the luxury of pinning down the surviving heavies for your team. 

What works quite nicely is knowing where the soft targets are going to position when they are engaging your team and then just click & watch.  With a little practice you can lead shots on fast lights, this morning I managed to pick off a Black Dog (900 plus damage) after he went dark because he was following the low areas to get back to safety. 

MoDeM_FoX #153 Posted Jun 11 2018 - 23:38

Corporal

• Players
  • 6852 battles
  • [IMBAD] IMBAD

View PostTiocfaidh_Arla, on Jun 10 2018 - 05:31, said:

Arty should be limited to one per game.

They build most maps with 3 lanes.  That's why they allow 3, 1 arty per lane to help their friendly's push...  but most bunch up, thus defeating the point.

FearTheBadger #154 Posted Jun 13 2018 - 16:37

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14046 battles
  • [R_I_R] R_I_R
stun needs to be lowered for one thing.  also once your tank has been stunned it cannot be stunned again by another arty player

Also tagged with Arty, Artillery

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users