Nub Bad GottaGitGud

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Duramaxx #1 Posted Apr 04 2018 - 04:39

Private

• -Players-
  • 5203 battles
  • [TRU] TRU
Pretty much the title explains it, I feel for as many battles i have played I should be doing better than I am and I am just looking for someone to help me out if possible.

CapnNoahJoJo03 #2 Posted Apr 04 2018 - 04:41

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 15554 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

Git gud skrub

No really only jk ;P. Try watching Quickybaby, he is the guy who learnt me

Red_Ensign #3 Posted Apr 04 2018 - 04:46

Major

• Players
  • 7328 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
watch your replays.  critique them as if you were looking at someone else playing.

Da_Vinci #4 Posted Apr 04 2018 - 04:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36094 battles
  • [PZMOE] PZMOE

You're gonna have to elaborate buddy. I can give you some advice on how to do well on a high level but the low level and micro adjustment stuff you have to figure out on your own as you get experience.

Important notes:

- Pay close attention to your surrounds and minimap

> Don't go to a flank that has 1 to 3 tanks and looks like it's obviously going to lose

> If you see more red tanks than green tanks around you, retreat to a safer position

- Living longer directly correlates to doing better and helps your team too

> Don't die early doing something you think will help win the game for your team; it won't

> As long as your tank is in the game, regardless of how much hp or how many modules are broken, you'll still have an impact

> Games are won at the end, not the beginning

- Shoot the low hp tanks

> This takes out potential threats and decreases the winning capacity of the enemy

- Shoot tank front and rear axels

> If done at a correct angle, you can track people and do damage. This leads to letting your team help out kill a target and you get bonus xp for the assistance

- Have fun

> I found that this is the most useful thing you need to do well. If you're tanking it easy and having fun, doing well will come naturally to you

Less important stuff:

- Make sure your crew is at 100% if on a perk and ALWAYS on a skill if training is less than 100%

- If your repair kit/med kit is not available, think twice about pushing a flank.

> You can potentially enter a hazardous situation and die

Good luck

If you need more advice, feel free to pm me in game.

_Tsavo_ #5 Posted Apr 04 2018 - 05:00

Major

• Players
  • 41401 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

You've completed the first step to improvement: recognizing that you have flaws and need to improve upon them.

Now, what are those flaws?  I've no clue.  I'd start by turning on your replays if you haven't already, and keep those battles where you felt like you were struggling in mind, save them, and upload them to wotreplays.eu and then post here asking something along the lines of "What would you have done/what should I have done?" and asking for critiques

AnArmyofBun gave me quite possibly the best advice years ago: Always keep an eye on your surroundings and a plan for the next minute or two.  Take a moment every 10-15 seconds and glance at the map or physically rotate your camera around. Everything else is practice and repetition, but making sure you're always aware of what your immediate plan is and what is going on immediately around you will help make transitioning from bad to ho-hum to decent to good to great to purple easier.

Also, if you find improvement a struggle and can't seem to get to those lofty purple colors, don't sweat it.  It's okay to not be great, it's okay to have flaws, not everyone will be good, but everyone can have fun and have great games.

Good luck and feel free to PM any questions or replays to critic.  C:

MajorRenegade #6 Posted Apr 04 2018 - 05:45

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 28722 battles

View PostRed_Ensign, on Apr 03 2018 - 22:46, said:

watch your replays.  critique them as if you were looking at someone else playing.

it gonna to be kinda hard to judge your self when you not seeing the flaws from your point of views

Red_Ensign #7 Posted Apr 04 2018 - 05:55

Major

• Players
  • 7328 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostMajorRenegade, on Apr 03 2018 - 22:45, said:

it gonna to be kinda hard to judge your self when you not seeing the flaws from your point of views

there's a lot of things you don't see when you're in the moment that are plain as day when you watch the replay after.  sports teams watch their replays to get better.

Thunder_Storm_713 #8 Posted Apr 04 2018 - 07:36

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13159 battles

View PostDuramaxx, on Apr 04 2018 - 15:39, said:

Pretty much the title explains it, I feel for as many battles i have played I should be doing better than I am and I am just looking for someone to help me out if possible.

press w but dont press w too much

Creeper_Peaper_Reeper #9 Posted Apr 04 2018 - 08:02

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9918 battles
  • [TURK_] TURK_
Lemmingrush will get you in the right mindset.

zed2204 #10 Posted Apr 04 2018 - 08:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 40114 battles
  • [LIO] LIO
Watch your team and streams, but not videos, most YouTube games are usually results of unusual circumstances and trying to emulate them will get you killed if you don't understand what goes where

As for Lemingrush, quickybaby and so on, yeah you can learn a lot, if you can afford that playstyle, for free to play guys though you can't really make all you see but it is still worth the time you should always face any enemy thinking is is them and act accordingly

uberdice #11 Posted Apr 04 2018 - 10:48

Major

• Players
  • 24684 battles
General advice only, but my method mostly involves constantly asking myself "Why did I do that?" and if I can't come up with a decent answer in like five seconds then it's a good chance that whatever it was was either a bad move, or a good move that I understood so poorly that I made it bad.

MacDaddyMatty #12 Posted Apr 04 2018 - 12:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 25695 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostDuramaxx, on Apr 03 2018 - 22:39, said:

Hey OP, we've all been there. The learning curve is awful. Its like a Chess game, but you only get to use one piece. And other people control all the other pieces. And no one tells you the rules.

You have less than 10000 battles - so really worrying about stats will distract you at this time (IMHO).

Just play and have fun and ignore the trolls. It took me 12k games before I know what I was doing.

If you want some help, come hang out on our Team Speak. I'll be happy to show you some stuff and important garage-craft.

We also have training 1st Thurs each month (this week) @ 8PM EST.

Click https://www.clandday.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=9 for some good basic game info.

o7

~MDM

_Tsavo_ #13 Posted Apr 04 2018 - 14:25

Major

• Players
  • 41401 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postuberdice, on Apr 04 2018 - 04:48, said:

General advice only, but my method mostly involves constantly asking myself "Why did I do that?" and if I can't come up with a decent answer in like five seconds then it's a good chance that whatever it was was either a bad move, or a good move that I understood so poorly that I made it bad.

^Take this duder's advice

If you end up dead or in an unsavory position, take a moment and ask why that happened.

Also tagged with Nub, Bad, GottaGitGud

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users