• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

Run_Away_Brave_SirRobbin #21 Posted Apr 05 2018 - 06:46

Private

• -Players-
  • 526 battles
  • [W0LF_] W0LF_

View PostSpectreHD, on Apr 05 2018 - 06:30, said:

I see. I live in Brunei in SEA and the ping was fine yesterday with the usual 250 when I played at 10 p.m. yesterday. When did the ping increase started increasing?

I can check my ping later after I get off from work in 4 hours time to see if it is something between here and USC. At least then we can see if the connection from NZ to USC is where the problem is. That is of course NZ connections also go through the same cable as I do from over here.

Connections from NZ to the US go through the Southern Cross Cable, which goes directly between Auckland and San Jose.  Brunei's connection will almost certainly not go through this cable.  

I'm also from New Zealand, and my ping is its usual 180ms to USC on MyRepublic gigabit fibre, so it must be a routing issue.  On a side note, any reason why you didn't transfer to the Asia server?  I transferred my main account (34k games) and playing on the Australian server with 25ms ping is amazing!  You can poke and snap in shots so much easier, and server population is pretty good, queue times aren't usually more than a minute and I pretty much only play tiers 8-10.  Although getting into game with a platoon of three tier 10's may take a while.........

rich73 #22 Posted Apr 05 2018 - 07:02

Major

• Players
  • 48553 battles
There is so much internet traffic they have to reroute some folks sometimes.I been routed from west to east and back again,and that lasted for a couple of years doubling my ping.I just keep my fingers crossed that they dont do that again.We are at the internet gods mercy.But for you it sounds like something on your line is degrading.Make sure you ask your isp to check things out and also try disconnecting all your wires to comp and router to dissipate any static buildup that can give you bad internet.

SpectreHD #23 Posted Apr 05 2018 - 07:35

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16513 battles
  • [TT] TT

View PostRun_Away_Brave_SirRobbin, on Apr 05 2018 - 13:46, said:

Connections from NZ to the US go through the Southern Cross Cable, which goes directly between Auckland and San Jose.  Brunei's connection will almost certainly not go through this cable.  

I'm also from New Zealand, and my ping is its usual 180ms to USC on MyRepublic gigabit fibre, so it must be a routing issue.  On a side note, any reason why you didn't transfer to the Asia server?  I transferred my main account (34k games) and playing on the Australian server with 25ms ping is amazing!  You can poke and snap in shots so much easier, and server population is pretty good, queue times aren't usually more than a minute and I pretty much only play tiers 8-10.  Although getting into game with a platoon of three tier 10's may take a while.........

Ah right. Connections from here would most certainly go to Singapore and then Japan then to the US if my ping plotter from a couple years back are still the same.

As for why I didn't transfer, most of my WoT friends and Clan are in NA. Plus I heard stories of bias against ANZ players early on in the Asia server. Also the fact that they changed the name of the server from originally Oceania to Asia.

Plus I can't read squares. ;) Despite being from SEA, I have less of a language barrier on the NA server then I would with the Asia server.

So all I lost was better ping and the chance to get the Valkyria Chronicle tanks. The latter annoys me the most because it is so stupid that there are server exclusive content.

Run_Away_Brave_SirRobbin #24 Posted Apr 05 2018 - 10:37

Private

• -Players-
  • 526 battles
  • [W0LF_] W0LF_

View PostSpectreHD, on Apr 05 2018 - 07:35, said:

Ah right. Connections from here would most certainly go to Singapore and then Japan then to the US if my ping plotter from a couple years back are still the same.

As for why I didn't transfer, most of my WoT friends and Clan are in NA. Plus I heard stories of bias against ANZ players early on in the Asia server. Also the fact that they changed the name of the server from originally Oceania to Asia.

Plus I can't read squares. ;) Despite being from SEA, I have less of a language barrier on the NA server then I would with the Asia server.

So all I lost was better ping and the chance to get the Valkyria Chronicle tanks. The latter annoys me the most because it is so stupid that there are server exclusive content.

To be honest I was actually asking the OP, who's from my home country, why he didn't switch.  I play on the Australian periphery server which is pretty much only Australians/New Zealanders so everybody speaks English, downside is it can get raaaather salty :unsure:.  Also WG Asia definitely doesn't show bias against ANZ players, they created a server for us after all :)

Edited by Run_Away_Brave_SirRobbin, Apr 05 2018 - 10:46.

Asassian7 #25 Posted Apr 05 2018 - 12:06

Major

• Players
  • 24616 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostRun_Away_Brave_SirRobbin, on Apr 05 2018 - 21:37, said:

To be honest I was actually asking the OP, who's from my home country, why he didn't switch.  I play on the Australian periphery server which is pretty much only Australians/New Zealanders so everybody speaks English, downside is it can get raaaather salty :unsure:.  Also WG Asia definitely doesn't show bias against ANZ players, they created a server for us after all :)

I didn't switch because the NA server is where all my clan mates and friends are. switching to SEA I'd have no one to play with or anything. plus I'd miss all my NA friends. It was never even an option for me, but then I never considered the fact my ping would randomly increase to 300+ for no reason

Whisky_A_Go_Go #26 Posted Apr 05 2018 - 12:16

Major

• Players
  • 9937 battles

View PostAsassian7, on Apr 04 2018 - 21:30, said:

Please tell me Im not the only one with this issue.

when the central server was released, my ping was 200. yes, New Zealand. etc etc etc that doesn't matter. but, since the release of the central server, my ping has gradually increased, up to 230, then to 250, then to 280, now its 300! and today, for some bizzare reason, its Motherhecking 430????? I restarted the client and its 470? WHY?

FYI, ping from NZ to any server in the USA should not be going over 250-260ish. I get 320 ping to EU servers, which is on the other side of the planet. I should not be getting ping this high to a server that is closer both geographically and via internet cables, than European servers.

my internet hasn't changed. in fact, my internet is actually a good 30mbps FASTER than it was when the central server went live. (70/30 up/down to 100/50 up down - and more stable connection) so why is my ping to the WoT server, and ONLY the WoT server (no other games are effected, not even WoWS NA) increasing so much? 200 is playable, 250 is even playable (it was my ping to NA east) but 300 is nearly unplayable (can't hit moving targets) let alone 400. 

how can I fix this?

edit: forgot to mention, this is just a stable ping. its not packet lossy or laggy or anything like that. its just a stable 400+ ping. 

You're in New Zealand. Why do you insist in playing on a server located in the central north of the United States, about as far away from you as you can possibly get on this planet?

Awestryker #27 Posted Apr 05 2018 - 12:29

Major

• Players
  • 25154 battles
All Hail Telia.net !!!

Whisky_A_Go_Go #28 Posted Apr 05 2018 - 12:34

Major

• Players
  • 9937 battles

View PostAwestryker, on Apr 05 2018 - 06:29, said:

All Hail Telia.net !!!

As much a problem as Telia.net has been for years, you can't really blame them for a person that is connecting from 8,350 miles away.

Asassian7 #29 Posted Apr 05 2018 - 12:37

Major

• Players
  • 24616 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostWhisky_A_Go_Go, on Apr 05 2018 - 23:16, said:

You're in New Zealand. Why do you insist in playing on a server located in the central north of the United States, about as far away from you as you can possibly get on this planet?

if you look at the post above, you'd see why. 

and I was waiting for someone like you to come along and go "hurr durr go play in your own region". that literally doesn't matter. if I get 200 ping I get 200 ping. I shouldn't be getting 200, then 230, then 250, then 280, then 300 to the same server over time. 

also the US is closer than EU or any other continent to NZ. 

Edited by Asassian7, Apr 05 2018 - 12:41.

Whisky_A_Go_Go #30 Posted Apr 05 2018 - 12:43

Major

• Players
  • 9937 battles

You're assuming that your path over the 13,000 + km your signal travels is going through the same route every single time.

It isn't. You're crossing half the globe. Your signal could be getting re-routed every single time and passing through servers in god doesn't even know what condition along the way.

Sad fact is, you should have transferred to the Asia server for a better connection when you had the chance.

I'll just leave this here:

View PostAsassian7, on Dec 21 2017 - 16:23, said:

Why didnt you transfer WHEN THEY WERE LITERALLY PLASTERING IT EVERYWHERE that it was happening?

SpectreHD #31 Posted Apr 05 2018 - 14:39

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16513 battles
  • [TT] TT

View PostWhisky_A_Go_Go, on Apr 05 2018 - 19:43, said:

You're assuming that your path over the 13,000 + km your signal travels is going through the same route every single time.

It isn't. You're crossing half the globe. Your signal could be getting re-routed every single time and passing through servers in god doesn't even know what condition along the way.

Sad fact is, you should have transferred to the Asia server for a better connection when you had the chance.

No, it is not a sad fact. Cultural wise, ANZ players fit in far better to the culture in the NA server than the Asia server. Ignore the fact that early on in the Asia server life, many ANZ players wanted to transfer back because the Asia server at one point did not consider ANZ players part of the server and did not make decisions inclusive of the ANZ players.

There may be an argument had the Asia server popped up at the same time when the NA server separated from the EU in Open Beta. As a result, many ANZ players have made friends and and joined NA clans. And you think they should drop everything the build up here and just leave? No.

Telia.net is more of a problem when players within the continental US had problems playing this game.

Asassian7 #32 Posted Apr 05 2018 - 15:12

Major

• Players
  • 24616 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostWhisky_A_Go_Go, on Apr 05 2018 - 23:43, said:

I think I already answered why I didnt transfer. Do you really need me to say it again? Are you really in need of me saying it that many times? Fine. I DID NOT WANT TO LEAVE MY CLAN AND THE VERY LARGE NUMBER OF VERY GOOD FRIENDS I HAVE MADE IN THIS GAME ON THE NA SERVER. THE NA SERVER ALSO HAS MUCH BETTER PRIME TIMES FOR COMPETITIVE PLAY FOR ME THAN THE ASIA SERVER, BECAUSS 12-4PM IS MUCH BETTER THAN 11PM-3AM! THE ASIA SERVER, UNTIL RECENTLY WITH THE AUS SERVER STARTING, HAD JUST AS LITTLE SUPPORT FOR AUS/NZL PLAYERS AS THE NA SERVER DOES. So please. shut up

And you're saying that, after what? 6+ years of it taking the same route it always does no problem, it suddenly decides its going to try and route through singapore, and then maybe next time try and route through Europe because thats the only way to get 400+ ping to an NA server from NZ, and choose these over the cable that literally directly connects NZ to West coast US? Electricity chooses the path of least resistance. You know how many different cables would all have to be out for it to route me far enough around to get 450 ping to NA? It'd basically have to have every connection between the asian continent and the American continent all be down. 

My geographical location has nothing to do with this issue. Trying to say everything is my fault for daring to play on the server were I have played on with absolutely zero issue since 2011 is stupid, rediculous, and totally expected as it is every time I attempt to bring up a server related issue. This issue is to do with the fact that, for some reason, my ping, (and the ping of people IN NA ITSELF according to this thread) has gradually been increasing, to the WoT Central server. And just the WoT central server. If this was on my end, the LATAM server would be effected, and even the WOWS server would be effected. Hell, the War Thunder NA server and plenty of other games I play that have NA as the closest region avalible to me would also all be effected. But none of these are. It is just WoT central.

So for the love of god, please shut the heck up about me simply being in NZ. I dont need to hear it. 

Kliphie #33 Posted Apr 05 2018 - 15:22

Major

• Players
  • 29941 battles
  • [IOC] IOC
As others have said, without a tracert or Ping Plotter screenshot there's not much anyone can do to help.  I'd suggest doing a DNS Flush but that's little more than unplug level trouble shooting.  

Whisky_A_Go_Go #34 Posted Apr 05 2018 - 16:22

Major

• Players
  • 9937 battles

View PostAsassian7, on Apr 05 2018 - 09:12, said:

I think I already answered why I didnt transfer. Do you really need me to say it again?

No. But you really should stop crying. You can't blame Wargaming for your ridiculous need to play on a server about as far away from you as it can possibly get when there is one over 3,000 miles closer to you not to mention one even closer than that.

Wargaming has offered you every opportunity to improve your situation. You chose not to.

You have absolutely nobody on earth to blame but yourself.

Asassian7 #35 Posted Apr 05 2018 - 23:16

Major

• Players
  • 24616 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostKliphie, on Apr 06 2018 - 02:22, said:

As others have said, without a tracert or Ping Plotter screenshot there's not much anyone can do to help.  I'd suggest doing a DNS Flush but that's little more than unplug level trouble shooting.  

Yeah, will do that in a few. I posted the topic then went to work, got home and went to bed as I.work late lol. 

Asassian7 #36 Posted Apr 05 2018 - 23:22

Major

• Players
  • 24616 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostWhisky_A_Go_Go, on Apr 06 2018 - 03:22, said:

No. But you really should stop crying. You can't blame Wargaming for your ridiculous need to play on a server about as far away from you as it can possibly get when there is one over 3,000 miles closer to you not to mention one even closer than that.

Wargaming has offered you every opportunity to improve your situation. You chose not to.

You have absolutely nobody on earth to blame but yourself.

If you could read properly, which you obviously cant, you'd see I have every right to have an issue. And NA is the closest except for the Aussie server, which I again have already said. (By the way the actual SEA server gives 200 ping for me as well, NA west gave 150 and NA central, originally, gave 200. Stop acting like you know what you'rs talking about. I did plenty of research before making my decision.)

Im not going to bother arguing with you any more because you're not worth it. If you have any actual intelligent input to the actual issue in this topic. Please share it. If you're just going to sput hurr durr NZ go play on asia then gtfo.

Asassian7 #37 Posted Apr 06 2018 - 00:06

Major

• Players
  • 24616 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

heres my pingplotter to the actual game server. (different to login server according to support) Its going through tokyo :-/

Edited by Asassian7, Apr 06 2018 - 00:07.

Kliphie #38 Posted Apr 06 2018 - 01:01

Major

• Players
  • 29941 battles
  • [IOC] IOC
I use  login-p3.worldoftanks.com for pinging the Central server ( 92.223.56.14)  The same hop time for the destination as Los Angeles makes me think that isn't going to Chicago.  

Whisky_A_Go_Go #39 Posted Apr 07 2018 - 18:42

Major

• Players
  • 9937 battles

View PostAsassian7, on Apr 05 2018 - 17:22, said:

If you could read properly, which you obviously cant, you'd see I have every right to have an issue.

No, you don't.

And NA is the closest except for the Aussie server, which I again have already said.

No, it isn't. The SEA server is 3,300 miles closer to you than the U.S. server is.  Buy a globe.

(By the way the actual SEA server gives 200 ping for me as well, NA west gave 150 and NA central, originally, gave 200. Stop acting like you know what you'rs talking about. I did plenty of research before making my decision.)

There is no more U.S. West. That's why you were told to switch to the SEA server, so you would have a steady ping. You opted not to and to go another 2,000 + miles half way across the United States and it turns out that's not working out for you...which is EXACTLY what Wargaming told you would happen and why they offered to switch you.

4 FREAKING TIMES.

Stop acting like you know what you'rs talking about. I did plenty of research before making my decision.

I do. It is you who clearly are clueless. Let's review, shall we?

• Wargaming shut down the West and East servers. This was announced MONTHS in advance.
  • People like you from Australia and New Zealand were warned that the ping would get worse, probably to a point of not playable and offered to switch you all to either the SEA server or the newly formed Australian server.
  • YOU REFUSED TO MOVE TO EITHER.
  • Now your ping is crap just like Wargaming said it probably would be...and you're blaming them for it.

Sorry pal. The earth doesn't revolve around you. You have two servers that would be far more playable for you. You refused to move ONLY because of your "buddies".

Tough luck. Follow your own advice you gave everybody else: Start a new account and quit crying.

Asassian7 #40 Posted Apr 07 2018 - 23:23

Major

• Players
  • 24616 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostWhisky_A_Go_Go, on Apr 08 2018 - 05:42, said:

No, you don't.

No, it isn't. The SEA server is 3,300 miles closer to you than the U.S. server is.  Buy a globe.

There is no more U.S. West. That's why you were told to switch to the SEA server, so you would have a steady ping. You opted not to and to go another 2,000 + miles half way across the United States and it turns out that's not working out for you...which is EXACTLY what Wargaming told you would happen and why they offered to switch you.

4 FREAKING TIMES.

I do. It is you who clearly are clueless. Let's review, shall we?

• Wargaming shut down the West and East servers. This was announced MONTHS in advance.
  • People like you from Australia and New Zealand were warned that the ping would get worse, probably to a point of not playable and offered to switch you all to either the SEA server or the newly formed Australian server.
  • YOU REFUSED TO MOVE TO EITHER.
  • Now your ping is crap just like Wargaming said it probably would be...and you're blaming them for it.

Sorry pal. The earth doesn't revolve around you. You have two servers that would be far more playable for you. You refused to move ONLY because of your "buddies".

Tough luck. Follow your own advice you gave everybody else: Start a new account and quit crying.

WHY IN THE NAME OF GOD ARE YOU SO STUPID?

200 ping to NA central WHEN IT WAS RELEASED. 200 ping FOR ABOUT 4 MONTHS. ASIA server had, 200 PING AND WORSE TIMEZONES FOR CLAN WARS AND WORSE PLAYERBASE AND LESS POPULATION AND LESS ENGLISH SPEAKING CLANS AND NONE OF THE FRIENDS, CONTACTS, OR ANYTHING THAT I HAVE MADE ON THE NA SERVER IN THE 7 YEARS I'VE PLAYED ON IT. 

THE AUSTRLALIAN SERVER WAS NOT ANNOUNCED UNTIL AFTER THE CENTRAL SERVER WAS RELEASED AT WHICH POINT IT STILL HAD 200 PING. I HAVE NO ISSUES WITH 200 PING. AND THE AUSSIE SERVER DIDNT CHANGE THE FACT THAT CLAN WARS ON ASIA IS STILL AT 1AM NZT. EVEN THE ASIA SERVER IS NOT REGIONALLY VIABLE FOR NEW ZEALAND. AUSTRALIA YEAH. NOT NZ. 

WHY SHOULD IT BE AT 200 PING, WHICH IS RIGHT BETWEEN THE 150 OF NA WEST AND 250 OF NA EAST THAT I GOT, WHICH MAKES SENSE, FOR 6 SOLID MONTHS, AND THEN OVER THE COURSE OF THE LAST COUPLE MONTHS, RAISE TO HIGHER PING THAN I GET TO EU? The Ping did not start increasing until the ASIA server transfers had closed. by which point I was perfectly happy with 200 ping. 

My geographical locatiom has NOTHING to do with the fact that PING SHOULD NOT RANDOMLY INCREASE BY 50%! THIS ISN'T EVEN JUST ME, ITS PEOPLE IN NA AS WELL, that have said so in this thread

PLEASE LEARN TO READ AND GO THE HELL AWAY. Im sick of you never bringing a single valuable idea or input to any thread you have ever posted in. You think I should have gone to ASIA, I had about as many reasons to go to ASIA as you would to, right now, randomly pack up you and your family if you have one, and emigrate all the way down to New Zealand right now. with the sole reason being your commute to work every day would be shorter, because where you currently live theres some major roadworks going on on your route which have doubled your commute time. 

EDIT: oh, and on that note. the Aussie server isn't up 24/7. it goes up at something like 6pm NZT? when im at work. i work evenings, getting home around 11pm, when I get home, I go to bed for university classes in the morning. I go to class, then in the hours between that and work, which starts at 4pm. Im playing games. do you know what is between around 11am and 4pm? NA motherhecking Prime time. So, my choice is, play on ASIA, be forced to play on ASIA server anyway, get 200 ping, not be able to be in any viable CW clans because I can't even hope to make the prime times for CW. or, play on NA, be at what should be and was 200 ping until after ASIA transfers ended, keep all my friends, and be in a top CW clan. 

you think the answer is just "go to Asia" well, Im still here. do you think there isn't and EXTREMELY good reason for me to still be here? you think I didn't do PLENTY of research on the ASIA server beforehand INCLUDING downloading it and playing on it with another account? 

Edited by Asassian7, Apr 07 2018 - 23:47.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users