Campaign Missions

Campaign

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Campaign Missions (36 members have cast votes)

Should players be able to complete any campaign mission (1-14) without selecting them?

1. Yes, I should not have to select a specific mission in order to complete it. (21 votes [58.33%])

Percentage of vote: 58.33%

2. No, I think players should have to select each mission individually in order to complete them. (14 votes [38.89%])

Percentage of vote: 38.89%

3. It does not matter to me or I do not play the campaign missions. (1 vote [2.78%])

Percentage of vote: 2.78%

If you were to complete two campaign missions (1-14) in a single battle should you be awarded both missions as complete?

1. Yes, this would make it much easier and less time consuming to obtain these reward tanks. (19 votes [52.78%])

Percentage of vote: 52.78%

2. No, players should have to go through each mission individually, completing one mission per battle. (16 votes [44.44%])

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

3. It does not matter to me or I do not play the campaign missions. (1 vote [2.78%])

Percentage of vote: 2.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

ShowManBob432 #1 Posted Apr 08 2018 - 20:14

Private

• -Players-
  • 9717 battles
  • [-VTX-] -VTX-
I believe that the Campaign missions for the StuG IV, T28 HTC, T55 A, and Obj. 260 are too difficult with the way they are set up. I do not think that I should have to select a specific mission to complete. I think that any mission should be able to be completed (other than mission 15) without selecting it. If the requirements are met after the battle ends then a player should be awarded the mission complete so long as they meet one of the requirements of a mission, and if they complete two missions then they should get both. For example TD-1 for the T55 A states that to meet the primary conditions a player must "Be among the top 3 players on your team by experience earned." and that for TD-9 a player must "Score 5 armor-penetrating hits in a row." If I were to go into battle and complete both of these missions in a single battle I should be awarded both.
I do not think that I should have to re-complete a mission simply because I had the wrong one selected. It seems like a waste of time and effort and is extremely frustrating. I have completed the requirements for a mission that I did not have selected yet I do not get to say that I completed it simply because I had the wrong one selected. I think that this needs to be changed. The new system is better than the old one but it still needs work. I want to work toward the T55 A and the Obj. 260 but when I have to hope that I selected the mission that I will complete and then end up completing a different mission, it makes me not want to try for these reward tanks.

Edited by ShowManBob432, Apr 08 2018 - 20:23.

dominator_98 #2 Posted Apr 08 2018 - 20:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 18734 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

It certainly is frustrating to complete the wrong mission, but they're intentionally set up to take a lot of battles to complete. Your suggestions would certainly make them completed faster, but that's not what the intent of the reward missions is. 

ShowManBob432 #3 Posted Apr 08 2018 - 20:23

Private

• -Players-
  • 9717 battles
  • [-VTX-] -VTX-

View Postdominator_98, on Apr 08 2018 - 20:17, said:

It certainly is frustrating to complete the wrong mission, but they're intentionally set up to take a lot of battles to complete. Your suggestions would certainly make them completed faster, but that's not what the intent of the reward missions is. 

I totally understand that my suggestions would make the missions completed faster and that the campaign was not intended for that. It is just that for me with mediums and lights I find myself completing other missions down each line respectively over and over again and not the one I have selected. Its just frustrating to complete a mission but have selected a different one. It is just an idea. (Thanks for the feedback by the way.)

Bob_5000 #4 Posted Apr 08 2018 - 20:55

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 32403 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-
You just want the tanks practically handed to you. Either you dont know or have forgotten but they have already made it easier to obtain the tanks with the introduction or the orders. These missions are meant to be hard or everyone would have them, which makes it pointless. 

BigNaturals #5 Posted Apr 08 2018 - 21:33

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 47281 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
only takes about a year to do them all if ya play a little each night lol

Hans_von_Twitchy #6 Posted Apr 08 2018 - 21:33

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 39669 battles
  • [BAKED] BAKED

When WG first released the campaign missions, WG said (as best as I can recall): "The missions are meant to get harder and harder as you progress, so only about 5% of players will be able to get the 260."

It isn't very often that I praise WG (to put it mildly), but the Campaign Missions concept is one of the few things that they have implemented well.

I was a very mediocre player when these missions started, and I have thoroughly enjoyed the LOOONG challenge of getting good enough to earn these reward tanks. Sure there have been some individual missions that RNG held away from my grasp for months, but RNG eventually comes through.

I'm about 10 missions away from getting the Object 260, so the project is nearly over for me. I look back fondly on all the time these missions have motivated me to develop WoT skills: how to set enemy tanks of fire, how to sneak scouts through the enemy lines to find their arties, how to best use bush camo in my TDs so I can chalk up monstrous damage totals, how to read battle flows, etc.

I have gotten a real sense of accomplishment out of progressing through the missions. I'm glad WG doesn't just give away the 4 reward tanks merely for a little bit of trying. There'd be no sense of accomplishment in that; only very short-lived greed satiation. Rewards that you work for are far more satisfying.

BigNaturals #7 Posted Apr 08 2018 - 21:36

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 47281 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
some of the missions are very stupid (not the word i wanted to use) and who ever came up with some of them never tried them out in a pub game on the live server, they tested in supertest im sure where testing is done different and not played like a pub battle

Wouldyoulookatthetime #8 Posted Apr 08 2018 - 21:47

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7967 battles
  • [MUTT] MUTT

View PostHans_von_Twitchy, on Apr 08 2018 - 16:33, said:

When WG first released the campaign missions, WG said (as best as I can recall): "The missions are meant to get harder and harder as you progress, so only about 5% of players will be able to get the 260."

It isn't very often that I praise WG (to put it mildly), but the Campaign Missions concept is one of the few things that they have implemented well.

I was a very mediocre player when these missions started, and I have thoroughly enjoyed the LOOONG challenge of getting good enough to earn these reward tanks. Sure there have been some individual missions that RNG held away from my grasp for months, but RNG eventually comes through.

I'm about 10 missions away from getting the Object 260, so the project is nearly over for me. I look back fondly on all the time these missions have motivated me to develop WoT skills: how to set enemy tanks of fire, how to sneak scouts through the enemy lines to find their arties, how to best use bush camo in my TDs so I can chalk up monstrous damage totals, how to read battle flows, etc.

I have gotten a real sense of accomplishment out of progressing through the missions. I'm glad WG doesn't just give away the 4 reward tanks merely for a little bit of trying. There'd be no sense of accomplishment in that; only very short-lived greed satiation. Rewards that you work for are far more satisfying.

​well spoken brother

tonkmato #9 Posted Apr 08 2018 - 22:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13762 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A
The only thing I don't like about the missions is being forced to play arty. 

steve6027 #10 Posted Apr 08 2018 - 22:11

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34636 battles

View Posttonkmato, on Apr 08 2018 - 17:03, said:

The only thing I don't like about the missions is being forced to play arty. 

I had to buy my way past the td missions, we all have our demons

nekojima #11 Posted Apr 08 2018 - 22:12

Captain

• Players
  • 38996 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

View PostShowManBob432, on Apr 08 2018 - 14:14, said:

I believe that the Campaign missions for the StuG IV, T28 HTC, T55 A, and Obj. 260 are too difficult with the way they are set up. 

Which is exactly why players have been able to complete all four sets of missions to earn the Obj 260.

This is the one thing WG has done well. These tanks should be earned and at least there is a relatively level playing field for earning them. Get the necessary tanks for the mission, play the battles, complete the missions, earn the rewards. Might take a while, but it's fun doing the missions and completing them. Especially if you have an Object 260 and see others complaining about not having completed the first set or two of missions after more than two years.  :teethhappy:

ShowManBob432 #12 Posted Apr 08 2018 - 23:08

Private

• -Players-
  • 9717 battles
  • [-VTX-] -VTX-

View PostHans_von_Twitchy, on Apr 08 2018 - 21:33, said:

I agree it is very well done. I just came up with this idea out of frustration after completing different missions that I didn't have selected. I brought my idea here to see what other players thought about the Campaign missions. And so far its pretty much split down the middle. Some like it some don't. I thoroughly enjoy playing these missions. It is just frustrating sometimes and I don't expect them to change it, they did a great job improving it the last time they updated the Campaign missions. I am glad that WG makes players try and try hard for these reward tanks, but sometimes the missions seem more on RNG rather than skill and if it was easy I wouldn't have written this little thread. (Thanks for your feedback!)

nuclearguy931 #13 Posted Apr 08 2018 - 23:14

Major

• Players
  • 73374 battles
  • [UMM] UMM
I see no reason why all 14 missions in a tree shouldn't be available while grinding it. For instance, say you achieve the requirements that requires 4 kills in first 3 minutes and you also get the requirements for the one that requires percentage of base capture/reset and 3k damage, you should be able to select the one that you want to show as completed. Having it set that you only go for 1 at a time makes the player focus more on that mission component than possibly helping out the team.

pepe_trueno #14 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 01:24

Major

• Players
  • 40138 battles

View Postnekojima, on Apr 08 2018 - 22:12, said:

Which is exactly why players have been able to complete all four sets of missions to earn the Obj 260.

This is the one thing WG has done well. These tanks should be earned and at least there is a relatively level playing field for earning them. Get the necessary tanks for the mission, play the battles, complete the missions, earn the rewards. Might take a while, but it's fun doing the missions and completing them. Especially if you have an Object 260 and see others complaining about not having completed the first set or two of missions after more than two years.  :teethhappy:

is not that they are hard, they are full of dumb requirements, things like ram kill or kill 2-3 tanks in less than 3 minutes on a heavy of all things or LT15 that has become pain in the rear ever since WG went full potatoe turning every map into a brawling pit and the few maps where one stand a chance to get it you end fighting with 2 other scouts for that 1 spot in the map. 

Edited by pepe_trueno, Apr 09 2018 - 01:24.

Oldcook #15 Posted Apr 10 2018 - 16:17

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12147 battles
  • [W-UNI] W-UNI
Question on stug mission 15 for light tanks . Have completed all but this one . Can the mission be completed in a Platoon and how would this help. 

Bob_5000 #16 Posted Apr 10 2018 - 23:15

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 32403 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-

View PostOldcook, on Apr 10 2018 - 07:17, said:

Question on stug mission 15 for light tanks . Have completed all but this one . Can the mission be completed in a Platoon and how would this help. 

Being in a platoon does not help directly in that any damage/assist they do will not help. But if they specifically focus on shooting on what you spot, that may help. 

Also tagged with Campaign

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users