new staff wg staff ama meet the staff wga

74 replies to this topic

DomoSapien #1 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 18:57

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 13585 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Hey Tankers!

My name is DomoSapien and I am one of your new Community Coordinators for World of Tanks PC!

(It's been a rough 60 days :P)

Some of you may know me (you’ve probably seen me in-game complaining about an empty flank at one point or another) and chances are I’ve answered one of your Customer Support tickets or Facebook Comments. I worked in the Customer Support department for a little over two years.

I’ve been playing WoT Since December of 2012, and I’ve been slowly dragging my stats into (somewhat) respectable territory since I started at WGA in 2015. I am by no means the greatest player, but I like to think I have a very solid understanding of game mechanics… I just make bad decisions which earn me express trips back to the garage.

Taking a page from CabbageMechanic’s book, I’d also like to do a Q&A so folks can get to know me better. I’ll start off with a few:

Where are you from?
Born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area, lived in LA for a few years, and I just moved to Austin about a week ago.

What’s your favorite tank?
Honestly it fluctuates. Depends on the mood, but my top 3 per class:
Heavy: WZ-111 5A, M6A2E1, KV-1 (Honorable Mention: T57 Heavy)
Med: TVP 50/51, Pz. V/IV, Obj. 907

LT: AMX 13 57GF, T92, Chaffee

TD: Strv 103b, Foch B, Hetzer

SPG: Not sure, I don’t really play them. Seriously, I haven’t even completed the StuG IV Campaign because I refuse to complete my SPG missions.  Respect to our resident Arty enthusiasts, but I’m just way too terrible at raining shells from above (seriously can you guys just stay put after I click so my shells land on top of your vehicles? Thanks <3)   

Favorite video game?

Oof, that’s a tough one. Of all time? Counter Strike: Source. I know 1.6 is GOAT but I didn’t really ‘git gud’ until I was playing Source. (‘gud’ being subjective, of course.) Favorite franchise is The Legend of Zelda.

Breath of the Wild or Ocarina of Time?:
Tough call. Ocarina of Time was more groundbreaking for its time, and it’s hard to turn off the nostalgia filter. I remember sitting in front of my friend’s TV at his house for hours on end taking turns playing Ocarina on his N64. Those feels are hard to let go.

Breath of The Wild definitely was a breath of fresh air, but it had its issues. Ideally I’d like to see more of a marriage between the two ‘styles’ of Zelda games. Hopefully the next one will be even cooler than BoTW.

To answer the question bluntly, probably Ocarina.

Okay, so what are you playing right now?

Right now? Whatever runs on my laptop, since my PC is still en route to Texas. PUBG, WoT, Rainbow Six Siege. Picked up Stardew Valley for the Switch but haven’t really invested much time into it yet. Just finished Super Mario Oddyssey! Great game, highly recommend.

What’s one of your best memories involving World of Tanks?

In 2016, Wargaming had an internal World of Tanks tournament called WoT Open Fire. Our team, composed entirely of Customer Support Reps, beat all the other teams in the NA Region and went to Wargaming HQ in Cyprus to compete with the winning teams from the EU, CIS, and Asia Regions.

...the tournament in Cyprus didn’t go as well :P (clearly it was lag, not a difference in skill.) The EU guys wiped the floor with us!

It was still really cool being in an official tournament, with shoutcasters and everything. Swearing like a sailor in front of all of HQ while getting destroyed by the EU team, flying through Dubai with my friends from CS, getting drinks with the big boss man himself, Victor Kislyi… those are memories that I’ll never forget.

Pineapple on Pizza?

Is that one of those gag foods they make you eat on Fear Factor?

Platoon?
Sure! Please carry me so I can pad my stats :P I accept all friend requests that I receive, so feel free to say hello if you see me on the battlefield. I’m happy to try and help out with whatever I can, but please keep in mind that all of us get pretty swamped with PM’s in-game and on the forums, so your consideration in that regard is greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the wall of text! Ask away!

NewportReb #2 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 19:06

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30979 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
Welcome....well give you today off.....tomorrow prepare for torches and pitchforks :) 

Scorpiany #3 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 19:11

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 33265 battles
DomoSapien is a great individual, and really cares about both his job and the community as a whole. I think he'll be very well suited for the Community Coordinator position. I only have good things to say about this man from my personal experience interacting with him throughout the past couple of years.

riff_ #4 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 19:11

Major

• Players
  • 27463 battles

View PostNewportReb, on Apr 09 2018 - 13:06, said:

Welcome....well give you today off.....tomorrow prepare for torches and pitchforks :)

No doubt.

oldiowaguy #5 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 19:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22710 battles
  • [4HIM3] 4HIM3

+1 for not playing arty! :medal:

What was your first tier X?

Favorite map?

Boxers or briefs?:hiding: JK!!!

Oh yeah, welcome to the madhouse!

riff_ #6 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 19:14

Major

• Players
  • 27463 battles

View Postoldiowaguy, on Apr 09 2018 - 13:12, said:

Favorite map?

If arty is going to be mention, the wait to tomorrow will not happen.

MacDaddyMatty #7 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 19:15

Major

• -Players-
  • 25695 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

Nice ta meet cha!

o/

65Camino #8 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 19:16

Captain

• Players
  • 31075 battles
  • [2CMBG] 2CMBG
Peculiar you didn't mention WoT as one of your favorite video games. Wonder if anyone else notices. ;)

zhymm #9 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 19:23

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 35123 battles
  • [TTP] TTP

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 09 2018 - 12:57, said:

Hey Tankers!

My name is DomoSapien and I am one of your new Community Coordinators for World of Tanks PC!

<snip>

Welcome, DomoSapian!

I'll look for you in-game. But I'm slow so will most likely miss you altogether.

Now, can you do anything about tournaments?  Especially 1v1 tournies ... <crosses fingers>.

OMZ

Blackhorse_One_ #10 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 19:24

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4072 battles
  • [HHT] HHT
Welcome Aboard, crewman #6 !

Edited by Blackhorse_One_, Apr 09 2018 - 19:51.

_Tsavo_ #11 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 19:28

Major

• Players
  • 41401 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
We could use more like you, Domo.  I'm down for helping pad yer stats anytime.

AndrewSledge #12 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 19:30

Captain

• -Players-
  • 30765 battles

Welcome to being a Community Coordinator! :honoring: We will break you. :deer::harp::izmena:

Do you have any tidbits you can give us as to future NA events, like the return of TankRewards?

DomoSapien #13 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 19:37

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 13585 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostScorpiany, on Apr 09 2018 - 18:11, said:

DomoSapien is a great individual, and really cares about both his job and the community as a whole. I think he'll be very well suited for the Community Coordinator position. I only have good things to say about this man from my personal experience interacting with him throughout the past couple of years.

<3 <3 <3 Your support means a lot, Thanks Scorp :)

View PostNewportReb, on Apr 09 2018 - 18:06, said:

View Postriff_, on Apr 09 2018 - 18:11, said:

No doubt.

Note to self: call in sick tomorrow ;)

View Postoldiowaguy, on Apr 09 2018 - 18:12, said:

Favorite map?

First Tier X was the Jagpanzer E-100. I love it, but it's very difficult to play. You really need to know where to deploy otherwise you're too slow to switch flanks halfway through the game. I was just very thrilled with the concept of having a giant gun to obliterate my targets with. (Not an easy line to start with in general, tbh.)

Favorite map honestly depends on what tank I'm playing. In general, Himmelsdorf has always had a special place in my heart.

Boxers! Gotta feel the breeze!

View Postriff_, on Apr 09 2018 - 18:14, said:

If arty is going to be mention, the wait to tomorrow will not happen.

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on Apr 09 2018 - 18:15, said:

Nice ta meet cha!

o/

Likewise! See you on the battlefield.  <o 

View Post65Camino, on Apr 09 2018 - 18:16, said:

Peculiar you didn't mention WoT as one of your favorite video games. Wonder if anyone else notices. ;)

Lol good catch! I figured it was implied. I've been playing for over 5 years now so it's definitely one of my favorites!

View PostBlackhorse_One_, on Apr 09 2018 - 18:24, said:

Welcome to WOT, crewman #6 ....

Thank you! I'll take my Red Shirt now :)

View Post_Tsavo, on Apr 09 2018 - 18:28, said:

We could use more like you, Domo.  I'm down for helping pad yer stats anytime.

I'll send you a friend request! Always down to get carried :P

View PostAndrewSledge, on Apr 09 2018 - 18:30, said:

Welcome to being a Community Coordinator!  We will break you. 

Do you have any tidbits you can give us as to future NA events, like the return of TankRewards?

Oh man, honestly not sure yet. As you may have heard, we're in the process of moving the office from Emeryville, CA to Austin, TX. Things are sort of hectic right now, so please bear with us. We'll have more info to share with you guys in the coming weeks, I think?

Edited by DomoSapien, Apr 09 2018 - 19:40.
More questions

__Worm__ #14 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 19:39

Major

• Players
  • 31892 battles
  • [PYRMD] PYRMD

Welcome new guy !!

If you could tell the front office the new 1.0 is great and thanks, it would be appreciated.

Kenshin2kx #15 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 19:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 18111 battles

Honestly it fluctuates. Depends on the mood, but my top 3 per class:
Heavy: WZ-111 5A, M6A2E1, KV-1 (Honorable Mention: T57 Heavy)
Med: TVP 50/51, Pz. V/IV, Obj. 907

LT: AMX 13 57GF, T92, Chaffee

TD: Strv 103b, Foch B, Hetzer

SPG: Not sure, I don’t really play them. Seriously, I haven’t even completed the StuG IV Campaign because I refuse to complete my SPG missions.  Respect to our resident Arty enthusiasts, but I’m just way too terrible at raining shells from above (seriously can you guys just stay put after I click so my shells land on top of your vehicles? Thanks <3)   :D  +1

GeorgePreddy #16 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 19:47

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 09 2018 - 14:57, said:

Hey Tankers!

I’ve been playing WoT Since December of 2012

I like to think I have a very solid understanding of game mechanics…

SPG: Not sure, I don’t really play them. Seriously, I haven’t even completed the StuG IV Campaign because I refuse to complete my SPG missions.  

I like this guy... he has ethics.

I think people playing arty and using the excuse of "completing missions" are lame.

:)

P.S.  Feel free to check, I have never played an arty, ever, in any account.

t8z5h3 #17 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 19:52

Captain

• -Players-
  • 37624 battles
  • [FUSON] FUSON
will we see online tournaments any time soon? 

DomoSapien #18 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 20:37

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 13585 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Postt8z5h3, on Apr 09 2018 - 18:52, said:

will we see online tournaments any time soon? 

Well, I said I was new, didn't I? Patience is a virtue <3 

I really have no idea, please bear with us as we're still in the process of transitioning the team from Emeryville CA to Austin TX. Things should calm down in the coming weeks and we will (hopefully) be able to start answering difficult questions like this one. 

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Apr 09 2018 - 18:47, said:

I like this guy... he has ethics.

I think people playing arty and using the excuse of "completing missions" are lame.

:)

P.S.  Feel free to check, I have never played an arty, ever, in any account.

Lol, respect! Honestly, not trying to bash the SPG players. We're all familiar with the jokes about SPG's being easy because all you have to do is click, but.. knowing WHEN and WHERE to click is seriously, seriously difficult. It's why I play WOT instead of WOWS: I can't lead my shots to save my life :(

NutrientibusMeaGallus #19 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 20:48

Major

• Players
  • 19749 battles
  • [FILOX] FILOX
Briefs...... Gravity is a harsh mistress...

mlinke #20 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 20:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49232 battles
You play other games rather than wot? Blacklisted

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users