Meet the Staff: DomoSapien

new staff wg staff ama meet the staff wga

73 replies to this topic

IndygoEEI #21 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 21:02

Major

• Players
  • 53602 battles
  • [NA-CL] NA-CL

Weren't you a forum regular for a while?  I seem to remember you.  Also, how do you and the

staff like Texas?  Wish I could move there.

DomoSapien #22 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 21:04

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 13230 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Post__Worm__, on Apr 09 2018 - 18:39, said:

Welcome new guy !!

If you could tell the front office the new 1.0 is great and thanks, it would be appreciated.

Will do! Very happy to share your feedback with the rest of the team! I'm really enjoying 1.0 as well, feels like a brand new game and it looks absolutely stunning on my 4K Display.

View PostNutrientibusMeaGallus, on Apr 09 2018 - 19:48, said:

Briefs...... Gravity is a harsh mistress...

:D

View Postmlinke, on Apr 09 2018 - 19:52, said:

You play other games rather than wot? Blacklisted

Lol! You got me!

In all seriousness, though: it may seem counter-intuitive for a F2P Game company to tell you NOT to play their game, but seriously there is no harm in taking a break for a few hours! When I get a bad streak of games, I get upset. I get impatient, and I make bad decisions because I'm frustrated, usually resulting in uneven trades and those express trips to the garage I was talking about in my OP.

If you're making bad decisions every game.... take a break for a couple hours. I guarantee you'll do better when you come back than you would if you kept playing nonstop.

DomoSapien #23 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 21:07

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 13230 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostIndygoEEI, on Apr 09 2018 - 20:02, said:

Weren't you a forum regular for a while?  I seem to remember you.  Also, how do you and the

staff like Texas?  Wish I could move there.

Never really a forum "regular" persay. I've made some posts here and there in official capacity when I was working in Customer Support. I also play WoT almost every day, so not joking when I said you've probably seen me whining about bad deployment in chat ;) 

I was quite active on Facebook when Customer Support was participating in the comments on our posts, so you might have seen me there as well.

Honestly, I was apprehensive but Austin is absolutely awesome so far! The weather can't seem to make up its mind, but other than that, it's seriously cool here. Everything is so cheap compared to California! (2.20 for a gallon of gas versus the 3.45 I'm used to paying in CA)

Edited by DomoSapien, Apr 09 2018 - 21:10.

Altwar #24 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 21:08

Major

• Players
  • 53986 battles
  • [A-F] A-F

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 09 2018 - 09:57, said:

SPG: Not sure, I don’t really play them. Seriously, I haven’t even completed the StuG IV Campaign because I refuse to complete my SPG missions.  Respect to our resident Arty enthusiasts, but I’m just way too terrible at raining shells from above (seriously can you guys just stay put after I click so my shells land on top of your vehicles? Thanks <3)

I don't understand this part about being terrible about raining shells from above.  According to some of our forums most prolific and single minded complainers, all there is to playing SPGs is sitting still, clicking a fire button every once in a while, and then sitting back to eat cheetos for 30 seconds.  How bad do you have to be to be terrible at this?  Even a caveman that suffered head trauma from rock fights could play SPGs well.....  :trollface:

Anyway, welcome to the forum, noob Community Coordinator!  ;)  Glad to have you aboard and I will be sure to play several SPG games soon in your honor!! 

Blackhorse_One_ #25 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 21:10

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2302 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

View PostNutrientibusMeaGallus, on Apr 09 2018 - 14:48, said:

Briefs...... Gravity is a harsh mistress...

Thought that was The Moon ...

Termitey #26 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 21:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 89036 battles
  • [GOD_Z] GOD_Z
You gunna show up and disapear like the last dude?

Da_Craw #27 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 21:15

Major

• -Players-
  • 25320 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 09 2018 - 14:07, said:

Honestly, I was apprehensive but Austin is absolutely awesome so far! The weather can't seem to make up its mind, but other than that, it's seriously cool here. Everything is so cheap compared to California! (2.20 for a gallon of gas versus the 3.45 I'm used to paying in CA)

Austin is one of the most interesting cities in the U.S.  I loved my time there and playing golf in shorts in February is a nice perk.  However, the weather is about to make up its mind.  And it is a foregone conclusion which way that mind will be made.  Hot.  Really, really amazingly, "I've lived in Texas my whole life why is it so much hotter here than anywhere else in the damned State?!" hot!  Enjoy!

DomoSapien #28 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 21:18

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 13230 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostAltwar, on Apr 09 2018 - 20:08, said:

I don't understand this part about being terrible about raining shells from above.  According to some of our forums most prolific and single minded complainers, all there is to playing SPGs is sitting still, clicking a fire button every once in a while, and then sitting back to eat cheetos for 30 seconds.  How bad do you have to be to be terrible at this?  Even a caveman that suffered head trauma from rock fights could play SPGs well.....  :trollface:

Anyway, welcome to the forum, noob Community Coordinator!  ;)  Glad to have you aboard and I will be sure to play several SPG games soon in your honor!! 

I used to think the same thing, but turns out it's just a bit more complex than "point, click, profit" :P Go figure, right?

View PostBlackhorse_One_, on Apr 09 2018 - 20:10, said:

Thought that was The Moon ...

Who you callin' cruel? 

View PostTermitey, on Apr 09 2018 - 20:11, said:

You gunna show up and disapear like the last dude?

You mean Pollo? He's still around, but he works primarily on Social Media and not so much the Forums. He's actually sitting right across from me, so he's definitely still alive and well.

24cups #29 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 21:40

Captain

• Players
  • 22291 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

Welcome DomoSapien, to the chaos that is WoT forums !

Hope to see you on the battlefield sometime. Don't be surprised if you get focused like Meatheadmilitia always claims to be . :arta:

DomoSapien #30 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 21:47

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 13230 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Post24cups, on Apr 09 2018 - 20:40, said:

Welcome DomoSapien, to the chaos that is WoT forums !

Hope to see you on the battlefield sometime. Don't be surprised if you get focused like Meatheadmilitia always claims to be . :arta:

Lol, already happens!  Especially when I'm driving an unreleased vehicle like the Progetto :P Arty loves to focus new tanks.

View PostDa_Craw, on Apr 09 2018 - 20:15, said:

Austin is one of the most interesting cities in the U.S.  I loved my time there and playing golf in shorts in February is a nice perk.  However, the weather is about to make up its mind.  And it is a foregone conclusion which way that mind will be made.  Hot.  Really, really amazingly, "I've lived in Texas my whole life why is it so much hotter here than anywhere else in the damned State?!" hot!  Enjoy!

Oh man, not looking forward to that. I lived in LA during my undergraduate studies so I'm sort of used to the heat, but the humidity is seriously kicking my butt. I didn't move my vehicle with me, just got my bicycle all fixed up but need to get a car ASAP! In the few weeks I've been here I am already feeling the pain of not having a car in TX. I hear San Marcos and San Antonio are good places to find deals on automobiles?

_Promote_Synergy_ #31 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 21:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15227 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN
I'm down to help you pad your stats. All aboard the purple train!

maj_insanity #32 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 21:57

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17142 battles

Welcome to the fray,  I am also very impressed with the 1.0 and have enjoyed the game through it's upgrades. 

Enjoy Austin, it is a fun city.  Be sure to check out the "bat bridge" down on the river just before sunset.  It is amazing.  And don't miss Stubbs for Bar-b-que and food truck city, best Burrito's anywhere. 

Have a great day

riff_ #33 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 22:00

Major

• Players
  • 26745 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 09 2018 - 13:37, said:

Note to self: call in sick tomorrow ;)

I already have started in on .

Could not hold off, all these thread may move to the Island of Lost Threads like others do.

DomoSapien #34 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 22:16

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 13230 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Post_Promote_Synergy_, on Apr 09 2018 - 20:57, said:

I'm down to help you pad your stats. All aboard the purple train!

Thank you! Adding you later tonight as well!

View Postmaj_insanity, on Apr 09 2018 - 20:57, said:

Welcome to the fray,  I am also very impressed with the 1.0 and have enjoyed the game through it's upgrades. 

Enjoy Austin, it is a fun city.  Be sure to check out the "bat bridge" down on the river just before sunset.  It is amazing.  And don't miss Stubbs for Bar-b-que and food truck city, best Burrito's anywhere. 

Have a great day

Thanks! The Bat bridge is definitely on my list, but I hear it's not the right season because of their migratory pattern. Making a mental note for Stubbs and Food Truck City.

View Postriff_, on Apr 09 2018 - 21:00, said:

I already have started in on .

Could not hold off, all these thread may move to the Island of Lost Threads like others do.

Please be nice to Gnomon. Seriously, he's such a nice guy. We worked in CS together, and he's amazing. If you're going to be mean to anyone, be mean to me instead :)

As for threads moving to the "Island of Lost Threads"  - These are "Meet the Staff" posts, not "Ask the staff questions they probably don't have the answer to yet" posts.

They're supposed to be lighthearted and fun, so as long as the conversation stays in that territory I can't imagine a reason for these threads to disappear. 

Iron_Soul_Stealer #35 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 22:30

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

Welcome...:)

DomoSapien #36 Posted Apr 09 2018 - 23:01

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 13230 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Apr 09 2018 - 21:30, said:

Welcome...:)

Thanks! <o Looking forward to getting to know all you fine folks better.

Kenshin2kx #37 Posted Apr 10 2018 - 02:40

Major

• -Players-
  • 17526 battles

View PostAltwar, on Apr 09 2018 - 10:08, said:

Sounds like the guy is being modest ... and diplomatic ... substitute 'did not have the heart to ...." and it makes sense.  :D

Dealth_ #38 Posted Apr 10 2018 - 07:33

Corporal

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 23949 battles
  • [SUX] SUX
Not an arty player thats good

Edited by Dealth_, Apr 10 2018 - 07:33.

Beorn_of_the_NorthernSea #39 Posted Apr 10 2018 - 07:40

Major

• -Players-
  • 24892 battles
  • [-SCA-] -SCA-

Well good sir, welcome to these realms of the digital armored cavalry.

So, beyond soonTM, got a hot tip on when the Progetto will be available for purchase?

I am, you will soon find out, one of the resident wallet warriors 'round these parts; I needs me a new ride.

Much obliged!

~Beorn

(sincerely, welcome, and good luck in Austin)

heavymetal1967 #40 Posted Apr 10 2018 - 07:58

Major

• Players
  • 63274 battles

While in Austin make sure to visit the Austin City Limits stage/studio.

They cover a wide range of music.

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users