new staff wg staff ama meet the staff wga

74 replies to this topic

ThePigSheFlies #61 Posted Apr 11 2018 - 18:30

Major

• Players
  • 65818 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 10 2018 - 12:16, said:

Also, maybe like a liiiiittle more pen for the Type 59 and IS-6? 2 more degrees of depression on the former would be sweet as well. I never understood the concept of hull-down mediums that don't have the gun depression to effectively hull-down.

it's not an easy skill for most to master, but there was a guide/video floating around a long time ago that illustrated how to use craters to hull down in by using the opposite side of the slope, and using the gun's elevation which in turn allowed the player to minimize the amount of hull exposure.

if memory serves it was of the T62a, which also has very limited gun depression.

my biggest gripe with the Type 59 is that it feels sluggish - but then I play mostly LTs these days. 

fast, agile tanks with good guns are the most entertaining in the game - but sadly some folks are making more and more decisions that are killing the entertainment factor of the game for those of us like me.  many maps continue to remain brawling hurrdurr fun™nel maps, and on top of that when the LT lines were expanded (which I also didn't care for) ya'll killed the gun handling, dpm AND penetration of most of them...

I personally would prefer to be 3 or even 5 tiers down, and have an effective gun with mobility than to be top tier and have a nerf gun.  

Tahllol #62 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 00:09

Captain

• -Players-
  • 10826 battles
Go figure deleting posts and comments they don't like. Ethics and morals still are missing at WG. 

Mad_Dog_Seabee #63 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 01:02

Captain

• -Players-
  • 13054 battles
  • [-SW-] -SW-

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 11 2018 - 09:28, said:

Well, for starters Trobs is a Community Contributor. He isn't a Wargaming Employee, just a trusted member of the community that works closely with us and helps us generate content, like QuickyBaby does with EU. Which forums he chooses to frequent are up to him entirely. 

CM is still here, you'll notice he made a few posts recently, one of which was today. Tragic is also still around but she is involved primarily in our Streaming operations.

I think "hide" or "disappear" isn't the best choice in words. In Community, we wear quite a few different hats throughout the day. We help out on the Production side, we help out on the Marketing side, we get forum announcements up, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.. The Let's Battle Tour, we work with Contributors/Influencers...  Some folks end up wearing certain hats more often than others, which is why certain people 'disappear.' 

Bit of sarcasm mate, no worries. Also, I think my lack of sleep in the past 40 hours (when I made the post, I have slept since) made me think Trobs was a CC. Tragic and Meathead are fun on streams. 

I know you all have a lot of work to deal with and it definitely doesn't help to have to deal with toxicity in the community both from adolescents and adults both. I try not to add to it if I can help it...unless a particular troll is just asking for it. :justwait:

Welcome to the Community though, watch your step because there is blood everywhere and  Frank and Stein go loose from their cages again.

firecomet234 #64 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 01:48

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5453 battles
  • [CDNEH] CDNEH
Welcome DomoSapien! Hope to get to know you better as you begin your new job as Community Coordinator!

riff_ #65 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 20:09

Major

• Players
  • 27916 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 10 2018 - 13:18, said:

Gotta cover my bases, man :P 

To quote Uma Thurman's character, Mia, from Pulp Fiction (one of my favorite films of all time): "When you little scamps get together you're worse than a sewing circle" 

I know, you must get great enjoyment in laughing at the little scamps complaining, whining and all the ballyhoo on the forum, YouTube and in blogs at how WG runs things.

DomoSapien #66 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 21:42

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 13834 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Apr 11 2018 - 11:30, said:

it's not an easy skill for most to master, but there was a guide/video floating around a long time ago that illustrated how to use craters to hull down in by using the opposite side of the slope, and using the gun's elevation which in turn allowed the player to minimize the amount of hull exposure.

if memory serves it was of the T62a, which also has very limited gun depression.

my biggest gripe with the Type 59 is that it feels sluggish - but then I play mostly LTs these days. 

fast, agile tanks with good guns are the most entertaining in the game - but sadly some folks are making more and more decisions that are killing the entertainment factor of the game for those of us like me.  many maps continue to remain brawling hurrdurr fun™nel maps, and on top of that when the LT lines were expanded (which I also didn't care for) ya'll killed the gun handling, dpm AND penetration of most of them...

I personally would prefer to be 3 or even 5 tiers down, and have an effective gun with mobility than to be top tier and have a nerf gun.  

Hmm, I think I get what you're saying. Still, finding craters where you can do that is pretty situational, and my favorite medium playstyle tends to be ridgeline-peeking. I'm working on the Patton line right now for that reason. 

Honestly, played the US LT line back when it was necessary to get to the T57, didn't touch them for a while but I actually really enjoy tier VIII LT's. The T92 is my jam. Got 7.4k Spotting in that thing last week, which is the most spotting dmg I've ever assisted with. I think I excel in the T92 and Even 90 because they have tiny hitboxes and are good at running away :P

View PostMad_Dog_Seabee, on Apr 11 2018 - 18:02, said:

Bit of sarcasm mate, no worries. Also, I think my lack of sleep in the past 40 hours (when I made the post, I have slept since) made me think Trobs was a CC. Tragic and Meathead are fun on streams. 

I know you all have a lot of work to deal with and it definitely doesn't help to have to deal with toxicity in the community both from adolescents and adults both. I try not to add to it if I can help it...unless a particular troll is just asking for it. :justwait:

Welcome to the Community though, watch your step because there is blood everywhere and  Frank and Stein go loose from their cages again.

You're all good, man! Advice noted :)

View Postfirecomet234, on Apr 11 2018 - 18:48, said:

Welcome DomoSapien! Hope to get to know you better as you begin your new job as Community Coordinator!

Thank you! Likewise! If you see me on the battlefield, feel free to lob a couple HEAT rounds my way ;) 

View Postriff_, on Apr 12 2018 - 13:09, said:

I know, you must get great enjoyment in laughing at the little scamps complaining, whining and all the ballyhoo on the forum, YouTube and in blogs at how WG runs things.

Well, that wouldn't be my choice in words. We have a unique community because while it's often that emotions run high, they run high because our players truly love our game. They want to see it continue to be successful, and stick around for a long time, just like we do.

We may have differences of opinion about the best way to accomplish that but at the end of the day it's important to keep in mind that whoever you're disagreeing with, on the forums or in-game, you're both probably coming from a place of love. I respect and admire that passion, even if sometimes I wish some people would be a bit more open-minded and look at things from a community standpoint rather than an individual one. We'll get there. Baby steps <3 

Edited by DomoSapien, Apr 12 2018 - 22:01.

KanataKonoe #67 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 23:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 19681 battles
  • [-L-L-] -L-L-

Welcome! Always nice to have new staff! :)

P.S idk if you've seen it or not. But I love that Domo cartoon. which I think your avatar is from That cartoon. but green instead of brown.

Edited by SenaKashiwazaki, Apr 12 2018 - 23:02.

ThePigSheFlies #68 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 13:09

Major

• Players
  • 65818 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 12 2018 - 15:42, said:

Hmm, I think I get what you're saying. Still, finding craters where you can do that is pretty situational, and my favorite medium playstyle tends to be ridgeline-peeking. I'm working on the Patton line right now for that reason. 

Honestly, played the US LT line back when it was necessary to get to the T57, didn't touch them for a while but I actually really enjoy tier VIII LT's. The T92 is my jam. Got 7.4k Spotting in that thing last week, which is the most spotting dmg I've ever assisted with. I think I excel in the T92 and Even 90 because they have tiny hitboxes and are good at running away :P

glad you enjoy tier 8 LTs, I'd rather play the old bulldog, as a tier 7 vs tier 10s, than the current bulldog.  it went from being one of my most played tanks to perma-parked.

as for the specific LTs you're talking about.  I have made it a point to NOT purchase premium tanks that only appear in the premium shop.  I don't mind supporting a game I enjoy, but since a lot of the time I don't enjoy it due to the aforementioned decisions, I won't succumb to over hyped bundling that happens in the premium shop.

if you're looking to expand on LT game play, I'd check out lemmingrush and 4tankersandadog.  lemming is twitch and youtube, tankers I think is only on youtube.  I also have a couple of replays I uploaded to wotreplays since I started playing again a few months back that show matches that easily exceed requirements for LT15.3, and some LT15.4 (the ones a lot of folks that play LTs sparingly struggle with)

one thing I will add, is that lemming plays way more conservatively than I do - in part out of necessity - he's very very purple reroll and if he's as far forward as I play he gets yolo-focused hard.  (he also finds damage farming and marking tanks entertainment in and of itself and it works for him)

DomoSapien #69 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 16:28

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 13834 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostSenaKashiwazaki, on Apr 12 2018 - 16:00, said:

Welcome! Always nice to have new staff! :)

P.S idk if you've seen it or not. But I love that Domo cartoon. which I think your avatar is from That cartoon. but green instead of brown.

I have! Domo-kun is a favorite. I made a big Domo costume for halloween one year a long time ago. Indeed, found my avatar on pinterest after a google search for "military domo" :P

Without revealing too much about myself for privacy reasons, I can tell you that people have been calling me Domo since I was in 6th grade. It has to do with  my actual name, rather than the character himself.

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Apr 13 2018 - 06:09, said:

glad you enjoy tier 8 LTs, I'd rather play the old bulldog, as a tier 7 vs tier 10s, than the current bulldog.  it went from being one of my most played tanks to perma-parked.

as for the specific LTs you're talking about.  I have made it a point to NOT purchase premium tanks that only appear in the premium shop.  I don't mind supporting a game I enjoy, but since a lot of the time I don't enjoy it due to the aforementioned decisions, I won't succumb to over hyped bundling that happens in the premium shop.

if you're looking to expand on LT game play, I'd check out lemmingrush and 4tankersandadog.  lemming is twitch and youtube, tankers I think is only on youtube.  I also have a couple of replays I uploaded to wotreplays since I started playing again a few months back that show matches that easily exceed requirements for LT15.3, and some LT15.4 (the ones a lot of folks that play LTs sparingly struggle with)

one thing I will add, is that lemming plays way more conservatively than I do - in part out of necessity - he's very very purple reroll and if he's as far forward as I play he gets yolo-focused hard.  (he also finds damage farming and marking tanks entertainment in and of itself and it works for him)

Ah yes, I'm familiar with both LemmingRush and 4TankersAndDog. I'll check out some of their LT-centric videos, and check out your replays as well. 

I miss the old bulldog too, I actually liked going in with my heavies on city maps where I had no viable scouting options like Stalingrad, and playing a support-harass role forcing enemy heavies to split their focus away from my heavies.

The 13 57 has a playstyle that's certainly reminiscent of the old Bulldog, but it is what it is. I'm not really inclined to comment on the rebalance, it's in the past. I miss the old T18, and my Non-HD Pz. V/IV or Pz. B2, but it is what it is, I'm afraid. 

Exon_51 #70 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 22:10

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10855 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE
From a long time resident of Austin, welcome!  Yes, it will get hot here, but that is what Barton Springs is for (tops optional). Send me a PM if you need any recommendation on things.

Cognitive_Dissonance #71 Posted Apr 14 2018 - 12:59

Major

• Players
  • 40376 battles
  • [ANASS] ANASS

View PostDa_Craw, on Apr 10 2018 - 12:31, said:

I know nothing of your ethics.  Your math skills are questionable, though...400/35,000=1.14%

WTH - your right. How I came up with 10E-5, I have no idea. Regardless, 10E-5 or 1.14%, the assertion stands.

pilotbill #72 Posted Apr 23 2018 - 17:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 15513 battles
  • [HELLA] HELLA

Welcome

Is it possible to stop the spamming of players by  AOAUE like this? "khwvjhaw Hi  --->>CLCK:WWW.AOAUE.COM Boosting  Any tier tank boost, Crew Perk, gun mark, Credits and Exp Powerleveling.Fast and Safe ."  every time I log in I see multiple messages from multiple people for this scam.  How can Wargamming not put a stop to this?

Please look at this and see if someone can help

Thanks

DomoSapien #73 Posted Apr 25 2018 - 20:19

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 13834 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Postpilotbill, on Apr 23 2018 - 10:18, said:

Welcome

Is it possible to stop the spamming of players by  AOAUE like this? "khwvjhaw Hi  --->>CLCK:WWW.AOAUE.COM Boosting  Any tier tank boost, Crew Perk, gun mark, Credits and Exp Powerleveling.Fast and Safe ."  every time I log in I see multiple messages from multiple people for this scam.  How can Wargamming not put a stop to this?

Please look at this and see if someone can help

Thanks

It sure is! Submit a ticket to our rule violations department with a screenshot of the message or the player's username, and our Customer Support team will take it from there.

Wargaming can't catch all of them immediately, so please help us out by reporting the ones you run into. We don't condone this kind of activity, and we actively ban for it but if you buy from a third-party gold seller, you will likely get your account hacked. And then they will send these kinds of messages from your account to other players as well.

Simply put, we don't have any special backroom deals with third party sites where they can somehow offer you a better deal than we offer on our premium shop. We don't sell any in-game goods through third-party websites. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

slancast34 #74 Posted Jul 10 2018 - 01:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 48399 battles
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F

How about trying to help existing clans build the player base and drag in some lower tiers players for you? What you have done recently for new players should help. Maybe some spare gold and a few premium tanks each month for up and coming clans (Top 300-500) to hand out to "new recruits only" for recruiting or something? It could generate some new player activity and grow NA servers, W_T_F has a good, active clan and are slowly getting better. but we could use some tools to help pull in the lower tier players. I know it's a money making enterprise, but the investment could pay off. Top tier clans have higher PR/WN8 standards, all the best tanks and too much edge it to really help drag up the lower tiers. Plus they are not as fun as us. I'll send you a link to our Discord if you want to see for yourself anytime!

I'm happy for the things you've been doing and enjoy the game a lot.Thanks for bringing tournaments back, even though the PR balance between teams is rough! (Saw your reply to Crudos on torunaments! He's my second in command because he won't take over commander...)

Just thought I'd pass what my XO's and I have been thinking.  

TLWiz #75 Posted Jul 11 2018 - 01:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 20835 battles
  • [DSSRT] DSSRT
Welcome and don't worry about the red shirt they make you wear.

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users