50 replies to this topic

Blaze_terror #21 Posted Apr 10 2018 - 15:54

Captain

• Players
  • 14390 battles
  • [N0RAD] N0RAD

View PostCabbageMechanic, on Apr 09 2018 - 15:00, said:

Hey Tankers,

As you may have noticed I have the new team putting up threads in the Staff Corner to introduce themselves, slide on down there to say hello.  We are now officially moved into the new office, and excited to be settled in our new home (I have even gotten to play some World of Tanks the last few days!)  With that in mind, I'd like to answer a few commonly asked questions now that we are more equipped to answer some of them.

When is the Progetto 46 coming out on the NA server?
This will be detailed later this week, keep an eye out.

Are Tournaments ever coming back?
I never wanted to stop doing Tournaments, but circumstances beyond my control forced our hand.  I am now happy to state that we are working on the return of tournaments and will have more details soon™.  Expect some changes to structure and prizing, and we will start slow to give our team time to learn how to properly manage the system.

EU TRANSFERS!?!?!?
I feel your pain and apologize for our silence on this issue.  Unfortunately the reason for it is that we have had no progress to share.  We know there is still demand, especially from those of you in places who have been seriously affected by the move to Central Server, and now that the chaos of moving is (mostly) past we will renew our push to have a transfer window opened.  

Tank Rewards?

Still on hiatus, we have to be sure we can fill the gap caused by the departure of the lovely Hypnotik (who built Tank Rewards with his bare hands 15 miles uphill both ways in the snow)

That's all for now, I hope all of you are enjoying 1.0.

See you on the Battlefield!

Great news . Thank you for the update .    Is there a plan to bring back the clan Call to Arms tournaments .    I would love to see them come back along with the individual tournaments 

Dabba #22 Posted Apr 11 2018 - 13:38

Major

• Players
  • 15917 battles
  • [NUGGS] NUGGS
Yay tourneys!

Lugia345 #23 Posted Apr 11 2018 - 14:30

Sergeant

• Players
  • 37999 battles

View PostCabbageMechanic, on Apr 09 2018 - 21:00, said:

Hey Tankers,

As you may have noticed I have the new team putting up threads in the Staff Corner to introduce themselves, slide on down there to say hello.  We are now officially moved into the new office, and excited to be settled in our new home (I have even gotten to play some World of Tanks the last few days!)  With that in mind, I'd like to answer a few commonly asked questions now that we are more equipped to answer some of them.

EU TRANSFERS!?!?!?
I feel your pain and apologize for our silence on this issue.  Unfortunately the reason for it is that we have had no progress to share.  We know there is still demand, especially from those of you in places who have been seriously affected by the move to Central Server, and now that the chaos of moving is (mostly) past we will renew our push to have a transfer window opened. 

Dont play with our feelings again ->http://forum.worldof...t__1220#topmost

FighterAce #24 Posted Apr 11 2018 - 20:46

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22292 battles

View PostCabbageMechanic, on Apr 09 2018 - 22:00, said:

EU TRANSFERS!?!?!?

No progress to share after 8 months? Sounds like the team wasn't even trying, that's why there was nothing to report. Other game developers share the smallest progress with their playerbase, especially in situations like this where their customers are unable to play. That is how they keep their trust, keep them waiting and keep them playing. With good PR and actually doing what was said, not with month after month of silence.

Why should we trust your word this time?

Also, how will you make sure everyone has a chance to transfer? Its been so long I almost stopped checking for news, I'm sure other people have too.

Mikosah #25 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 22:55

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles
The new office is right in my neck of the woods. Might have to swing by for a visit one of these days.

Mondochiwan #26 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 09:25

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11615 battles
  • [101RM] 101RM

View PostFighterAce, on Apr 11 2018 - 19:46, said:

No progress to share after 8 months? Sounds like the team wasn't even trying, that's why there was nothing to report. Other game developers share the smallest progress with their playerbase, especially in situations like this where their customers are unable to play. That is how they keep their trust, keep them waiting and keep them playing. With good PR and actually doing what was said, not with month after month of silence.

Why should we trust your word this time?

Also, how will you make sure everyone has a chance to transfer? Its been so long I almost stopped checking for news, I'm sure other people have too.

I have no trust left, and I am struggling to enjoy the game.

DarkDaddy #27 Posted Apr 21 2018 - 02:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 9306 battles

Welcome to Austin.  I saw the WOT Humvee parked at an undisclosed location shortly after WGNA moved here.  Hope you saw Muster Day at Camp Mabry, with Hetzer and Sherman on the loose.  

Austin is not your stereotypical Texas, which is a good thing.  It is a nice place.  Hope you like it.  

DarkDaddy

RedAlert2010 #28 Posted Apr 25 2018 - 10:42

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 20426 battles

View PostCabbageMechanic, on Apr 09 2018 - 21:00, said:

EU TRANSFERS!?!?!?

How about, keeping us informed of all things going on with this stuff? That way we dont need to spam the crap out of everyone to find out what is going on.

Lugia345 #29 Posted Apr 29 2018 - 19:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 37999 battles

View PostRedAlert2010, on Apr 25 2018 - 09:42, said:

How about, keeping us informed of all things going on with this stuff? That way we dont need to spam the crap out of everyone to find out what is going on.

Still waiting^^

Prediator #30 Posted May 01 2018 - 02:07

Captain

• Players
  • 25359 battles

View PostCabbageMechanic, on Apr 09 2018 - 16:00, said:

Tank Rewards?

Still on hiatus, we have to be sure we can fill the gap caused by the departure of the lovely Hypnotik (who built Tank Rewards with his bare hands 15 miles uphill both ways in the snow)

Any update on tank rewards?  I know replacing people can be hard.. but in a real way it was built and done mostly monthly for some time.    The mechanics are the same, the system/website/code has not gone anywhere..  if tank rewards are gone say that.  Don't just say its been 3 months since we moved and we have not had any applications for the position... Sorry.  When these were real things that mattered to players, that drove them to play daily instead of just on the weekends or when they might have time.  Plus im running out of personal reserves.. lol 

Edited by Prediator, May 01 2018 - 02:12.

CabbageMechanic #31 Posted May 01 2018 - 16:30

Senior Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 8027 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostPrediator, on Apr 30 2018 - 17:07, said:

Any update on tank rewards?  I know replacing people can be hard.. but in a real way it was built and done mostly monthly for some time.    The mechanics are the same, the system/website/code has not gone anywhere..  if tank rewards are gone say that.  Don't just say its been 3 months since we moved and we have not had any applications for the position... Sorry.  When these were real things that mattered to players, that drove them to play daily instead of just on the weekends or when they might have time.  Plus im running out of personal reserves.. lol 

We honestly don't know one way or another quite yet.  The situation is basically that Tank Rewards was handled on the backend by the lovely Hypnotik, who has since moved on from the company, and on the front by all-around good guy Veganzombiez, who also chose not to make the move.  We would like to continue it but we are still establishing if we can pick up where they left off.  Also, while it's on the docket, it's a long-ass docket.  Once we have established a way forward we will let you know, until then I'm afraid we're still definitely on hiatus.

Lesser_Spotted_Panzer #32 Posted May 01 2018 - 16:44

Major

• Players
  • 74217 battles

View PostCabbageMechanic, on May 01 2018 - 10:30, said:

We honestly don't know one way or another quite yet.  The situation is basically that Tank Rewards was handled on the backend by the lovely Hypnotik, who has since moved on from the company, and on the front by all-around good guy Veganzombiez, who also chose not to make the move.  We would like to continue it but we are still establishing if we can pick up where they left off.  Also, while it's on the docket, it's a long-[edited]docket.  Once we have established a way forward we will let you know, until then I'm afraid we're still definitely on hiatus.

:(

Cygnus610 #33 Posted May 01 2018 - 18:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 40102 battles

View PostCabbageMechanic, on May 01 2018 - 09:30, said:

We honestly don't know one way or another quite yet.  The situation is basically that Tank Rewards was handled on the backend by the lovely Hypnotik, who has since moved on from the company, and on the front by all-around good guy Veganzombiez, who also chose not to make the move.  We would like to continue it but we are still establishing if we can pick up where they left off.  Also, while it's on the docket, it's a long-[edited]docket.  Once we have established a way forward we will let you know, until then I'm afraid we're still definitely on hiatus.

So....it should be up next week then??  :trollface:

Lugia345 #34 Posted May 02 2018 - 09:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 37999 battles
How about an update on the Server Transfer?

the_bloody_fox #35 Posted May 02 2018 - 11:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 35461 battles
  • [RO-TD] RO-TD

View PostLugia345, on May 02 2018 - 09:20, said:

Asking that is like speaking of rope in the hangman's house.

Sarzan #36 Posted May 03 2018 - 10:19

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 36533 battles
  • [-TDU-] -TDU-

View PostCabbageMechanic, on May 01 2018 - 16:30, said:

TLDR; It's dead.

Working in IT, assume it's dead regardless and be surprised if it comes back.  Fact is, if they saw a bump in player count and $$$, they would have folks assigned to it to keep the numbers up.  It was good while it lasted.

Inzane007 #37 Posted May 11 2018 - 06:59

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19407 battles
  • [101RM] 101RM

View PostLugia345, on May 02 2018 - 09:20, said:

Once again, they answer the other questions,but completely ignore anything regarding server transfers

Tuzban #38 Posted May 14 2018 - 16:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 25636 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

Just found this. Best. News. Ever.

You rock!

Lugia345 #39 Posted May 15 2018 - 08:55

Sergeant

• Players
  • 37999 battles

View PostTuzban, on May 14 2018 - 15:44, said: