Jump to content


Salutations From Texas + FAQ


  • Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Lugia345 #41 Posted May 16 2018 - 10:28

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 39315 battles
  • 163
  • Member since:
    09-25-2011
Server Transfer NEWS PLS?!?!?!?!?

Kcrash1 #42 Posted May 25 2018 - 03:17

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 7327 battles
  • 31
  • Member since:
    09-16-2012

View PostCabbageMechanic, on Apr 09 2018 - 21:00, said:

Hey Tankers,

 

 

Tank Rewards?

Still on hiatus, we have to be sure we can fill the gap caused by the departure of the lovely Hypnotik (who built Tank Rewards with his bare hands 15 miles uphill both ways in the snow)

That's all for now, I hope all of you are enjoying 1.0.

See you on the Battlefield!


 

Actually I miss TankRewards quite a bit, I loved getting the reserves from there more then anything else. So can we please get a update on this as it has been almost 2 months since anyone has said anything about it.



RumblShack #43 Posted May 25 2018 - 23:21

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 6818 battles
  • 25
  • [TDD] TDD
  • Member since:
    11-22-2011

Congrats on your move to Texas.

But, don't get comfortable yet... WG's suits have a little housewarming gift for you. You see, Texas has this little law called "Unfair Business Practices Act of 1969" which basically means is that if you advertise a certain item with certain terms, then it must be sold at said terms. Changing the terms of the sale after the purchase without BOTH parties agreeing also violates this law.  Fines for this, I have seen reach as high as $250,000 per item regardless of the value of the item in question. The 'housewarming gift' I am referring to is removing the PPM from premium tanks that were bought with it. How many of them tanks have you guys sold in Texas? Their little money grab could land you guys into the middle of a nightmare that could wipe out all of the profits from this and then some. Now Texas law cannot affect the tanks that were sold to people outside of it's borders, but I am confident that you guys have sold enough to Texas residents (I myself own at least a dozen that was paid for with cash, not gold) to more than negate any potential profit for this scheme. :facepalm:

So get ahold of those geniuses in Belarus before they make your new home a 'House of Horrors'.



Blaze_terror #44 Posted May 25 2018 - 23:46

    Captain

  • Players
  • 14405 battles
  • 1,250
  • [N0RAD] N0RAD
  • Member since:
    05-17-2013

View PostRumblShack, on May 25 2018 - 16:21, said:

Congrats on your move to Texas.

But, don't get comfortable yet... WG's suits have a little housewarming gift for you. You see, Texas has this little law called "Unfair Business Practices Act of 1969" which basically means is that if you advertise a certain item with certain terms, then it must be sold at said terms. Changing the terms of the sale after the purchase without BOTH parties agreeing also violates this law.  Fines for this, I have seen reach as high as $250,000 per item regardless of the value of the item in question. The 'housewarming gift' I am referring to is removing the PPM from premium tanks that were bought with it. How many of them tanks have you guys sold in Texas? Their little money grab could land you guys into the middle of a nightmare that could wipe out all of the profits from this and then some. Now Texas law cannot affect the tanks that were sold to people outside of it's borders, but I am confident that you guys have sold enough to Texas residents (I myself own at least a dozen that was paid for with cash, not gold) to more than negate any potential profit for this scheme. :facepalm:

So get ahold of those geniuses in Belarus before they make your new home a 'House of Horrors'.

Except  WarGaming'  have there own terms of sell and service  which is there to read whenever you downlaod the game or you purchase  game content such as tanks



m2hmghb #45 Posted May 26 2018 - 00:33

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 25612 battles
  • 313
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011

View PostBlaze_terror, on May 25 2018 - 17:46, said:

Except  WarGaming'  have there own terms of sell and service  which is there to read whenever you downlaod the game or you purchase  game content such as tanks

 

I do believe state law outlawing deceptive business practices supersedes contractual agreements. I'm not a lawyer though so I can't say definitively.

Lugia345 #46 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 09:10

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 39315 battles
  • 163
  • Member since:
    09-25-2011

http://forum.worldof.../page__st__1280

 

Still waiting for updates.....



Nonamanadus #47 Posted Jun 09 2018 - 16:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 29098 battles
  • 3,782
  • [HBG] HBG
  • Member since:
    02-02-2013

View Postm2hmghb, on May 25 2018 - 23:33, said:

 

I do believe state law outlawing deceptive business practices supersedes contractual agreements. I'm not a lawyer though so I can't say definitively.

 

there would be a flood of consumer complaints in every state/province, country that Wargaming does business with. They would win some cases and lose some but the real headache would be the manpower invested in dealing with all these little hotspots because just one has the potential to turn into an out of control wildfire.

Tedsc #48 Posted Jun 10 2018 - 16:46

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 33533 battles
  • 572
  • Member since:
    10-14-2015

View PostBlaze_terror, on May 25 2018 - 23:46, said:

Except  WarGaming'  have there own terms of sell and service  which is there to read whenever you downlaod the game or you purchase  game content such as tanks

 

I think it is hilarious every time someone brings up T.O.S or the EULA thinking that supersedes consumer protection laws.  Product disclaimers do not override the law!  Do you think Auto manufactures get away with that?  "Our terms of service clearly indicate the car may spontaneously burst into flames so we are not liable when it does".  No EULA and TOS don't protect them from anything accept disputes that DO NOT violate laws.

Lugia345 #49 Posted Jun 28 2018 - 08:47

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 39315 battles
  • 163
  • Member since:
    09-25-2011
Still waiting for Server Transfer news ffs

Lugia345 #50 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 08:18

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 39315 battles
  • 163
  • Member since:
    09-25-2011
We are still waiting for any updates on the server Transfer, anyone care at WG?

Lugia345 #51 Posted Jul 16 2018 - 12:01

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 39315 battles
  • 163
  • Member since:
    09-25-2011

Still no word from you WG NA? Or WG Texas?

We are still waiting for any news for server Transfer to EU....






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users