Jump to content


Version 1.0 - What's not to like?


  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Gunadie #21 Posted Apr 10 2018 - 18:55

    Major

  • Players
  • 41833 battles
  • 4,876
  • Member since:
    08-20-2011

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Apr 10 2018 - 07:15, said:

game music is the first thing I turn off.  I wish I could turn off the pre-battle artillery and rocket bombardments.

 

game play > eye candy

and the majority of maps have the same boring old brawling meta as they did in 9.22

 

the rock-if-fied elevations are horrible.  can't even descend most of them safely any more - and in many cases, one can easily get hung up and stuck on a descent.

 

This ^^^^

The graphics are excellent but the bulk of the map revisions are terrible and elicit camping td style of play

I also find the balance is bad on some.

Mines was ruined and the aggressive use of rock walls and blockish jagged rocks on every maps is way over used

It's as if they just cut and pasted where all inclined hills were on each and every map.

I actually find the playability of the maps is reduced from pre 1.0

Another oversight (or maybe intentional) is the quadrant locking of some spg on some maps that prevent relocating from spawn with getting almost immediately spotted

Mines is a prime example where they have actually knocked down roofs of some buildings so spg's have no cover and are easily spotted from the hill



xxBigbacon #22 Posted Apr 10 2018 - 19:23

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 8273 battles
  • 2,269
  • [-GNZ-] -GNZ-
  • Member since:
    02-03-2015
love the flat maps. made everything so much more dynamic........

sleeper_agent #23 Posted Apr 10 2018 - 19:51

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 22977 battles
  • 2,495
  • Member since:
    06-19-2013
I still dont like Sand River but the Belly Dance music on El Halleuf is soothing..LOL

Edited by sleeper_agent, Apr 10 2018 - 19:51.


Goat_Rodeo #24 Posted Apr 10 2018 - 22:53

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 12930 battles
  • 1,016
  • [DHO4] DHO4
  • Member since:
    06-26-2014

View PostWouldyoulookatthetime, on Apr 10 2018 - 18:18, said:

Content Moderated by HeadlockMvnky

Nvm...


Edited by Goat_Rodeo, Apr 11 2018 - 00:18.


Rommelman1 #25 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 05:07

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 16211 battles
  • 37
  • [S_W_H] S_W_H
  • Member since:
    02-10-2017

whats NOT to like.

1) bought a new 4gb gforce gt 730

2) brokem textures

3) constant crashes

4) 6 maps

5) more crashes

6) white screen of death

7) pink flashing grass

8) wall-hack seeing through the ground to the map below

9) lines from God to my tank from above

10) blue flashing trees

 

shall I go on ????

 

I have done 5 vanilla installs with the latest drivers and the game still crashes and I cant run on anything other than "low" and it still have broken frames and crazy colors and crashes.

 

Im running a core duo and 8 gig of ram and this update blows chunks !!!!

 

I could go on but ill get banned.

 

after the 100 patch it might be passable , until then , its Panzer Elite Gold for me.

 

PS: i forgot , you still get crushed 15-1 or 15-5 , at least 10 games in a row . I put in a "support topic" about this and the answer....it makes the game fun....and I still say BS !!!

its not fun to lose 10 or 15 in a row and get killed 15-0 nor is it fun to win 15-0 when you have an Oi and you dont get to the battle before its over.

 

skill based match making vs hit point match making.

 

ive seen a team with 8 red players vs a team with 2 and the team with 2 has the other by 1000 hit points...guess who's gonna win by 15-0

 

 


Edited by Rommelman1, Apr 12 2018 - 05:14.


Zaikadi #26 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 07:07

    Captain

  • Players
  • 25451 battles
  • 1,076
  • [HAPPY] HAPPY
  • Member since:
    12-24-2013

View PostSpartocus, on Apr 10 2018 - 08:23, said:

What’s not to like? The random crashes I now get when starting or ending a game, which never happened before the patch.

 

Funny, I had the opposite experience, though my crashes used to come at random times in the battle. I haven't had one since 1.0 (knock on Ikea particle board).

FluffyBadBad #27 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 09:34

    Captain

  • Players
  • 29135 battles
  • 1,779
  • Member since:
    10-21-2011

View Postpower_Donky, on Apr 10 2018 - 17:30, said:

Erlenberg

 



Davenport #28 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 15:13

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 35229 battles
  • 576
  • [-TDR-] -TDR-
  • Member since:
    01-30-2011

Crap music, relearning maps, broken cover, connection issues (for some), adjusting maps, by adding stone walls and higher elevation where there wasn't any before, to make it even harder for arty (which all the whiny arty haters will like, but [edited]those idiots). Plenty not to like. Don't be distracted by the 'shiny'. Gameplay is worse.

 



exRCDWO #29 Posted Apr 14 2018 - 14:43

    Captain

  • Players
  • 34030 battles
  • 1,455
  • [HELL] HELL
  • Member since:
    03-09-2011

View PostSpartocus, on Apr 10 2018 - 11:23, said:

What’s not to like? The random crashes I now get when starting or ending a game, which never happened before the patch.

 

Same I have tried every day since update, play 2-3 games then white screen.

 



exRCDWO #30 Posted Apr 14 2018 - 15:28

    Captain

  • Players
  • 34030 battles
  • 1,455
  • [HELL] HELL
  • Member since:
    03-09-2011

View PostRommelman1, on Apr 11 2018 - 23:07, said:

whats NOT to like.

1) bought a new 4gb gforce gt 730

2) brokem textures

3) constant crashes

4) 6 maps

5) more crashes

6) white screen of death

7) pink flashing grass

8) wall-hack seeing through the ground to the map below

9) lines from God to my tank from above

10) blue flashing trees

 

shall I go on ????

 

I have done 5 vanilla installs with the latest drivers and the game still crashes and I cant run on anything other than "low" and it still have broken frames and crazy colors and crashes.

 

Im running a core duo and 8 gig of ram and this update blows chunks !!!!

 

I could go on but ill get banned.

 

after the 100 patch it might be passable , until then , its Panzer Elite Gold for me.

 

PS: i forgot , you still get crushed 15-1 or 15-5 , at least 10 games in a row . I put in a "support topic" about this and the answer....it makes the game fun....and I still say BS !!!

its not fun to lose 10 or 15 in a row and get killed 15-0 nor is it fun to win 15-0 when you have an Oi and you dont get to the battle before its over.

 

skill based match making vs hit point match making.

 

ive seen a team with 8 red players vs a team with 2 and the team with 2 has the other by 1000 hit points...guess who's gonna win by 15-0

 

 

 

I have that same video card on a ROG Z370E which worked fine before 1.0

Xenuex #31 Posted Apr 14 2018 - 15:34

    Major

  • Players
  • 38157 battles
  • 5,090
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    04-15-2012

Beyond the fact that WoT is still broken as ever? So, its a polished pile of dung? Congrats WG. +\-25% RNG, their shot dispersion mechanic, Arty, derp cannon tanks(4005,183, type 5) are all still terrible mechanics that need to be vastly reworked\removed. 

 

On top of that, 1.0 is horribly optimized. Considering I have:

  • i5 6600k 3.5Ghz
  • 32GB DDR4
  • Nvidia GTX 1070

 

But, because I don't have a SSD I load in 30-40 seconds after the game has already started, most of the time.( I've seen several complaints about this)

 

 Good job WG.



Whisky_A_Go_Go #32 Posted Apr 14 2018 - 15:50

    Major

  • Players
  • 9940 battles
  • 2,170
  • Member since:
    12-24-2011

View PostXenuex, on Apr 14 2018 - 09:34, said:

Beyond the fact that WoT is still broken as ever? So, its a polished pile of dung? Congrats WG. +\-25% RNG, their shot dispersion mechanic, Arty, derp cannon tanks(4005,183, type 5) are all still terrible mechanics that need to be vastly reworked\removed. 

 

On top of that, 1.0 is horribly optimized. Considering I have:

  • i5 6600k 3.5Ghz
  • 32GB DDR4
  • Nvidia GTX 1070

 

But, because I don't have a SSD I load in 30-40 seconds after the game has already started, most of the time.( I've seen several complaints about this)

 

 Good job WG.

 

Odd.

 

I'm running an 8 year old i7 and 2 TB spin-up drive and load in 10 to 15 seconds every time.



Xenuex #33 Posted Apr 14 2018 - 15:59

    Major

  • Players
  • 38157 battles
  • 5,090
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    04-15-2012

View PostWhisky_A_Go_Go, on Apr 14 2018 - 06:50, said:

 

Odd.

 

I'm running an 8 year old i7 and 2 TB spin-up drive and load in 10 to 15 seconds every time.

 

Yep, ive heard SSD's resolve my issue. tbh, its not really worth with the state this game is in.(Not that I pub much anyways.)

 

I've done all the troubleshooting you can. And, just have to live with it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯



spud_tuber #34 Posted Apr 14 2018 - 16:19

    Major

  • Players
  • 53447 battles
  • 6,796
  • Member since:
    08-26-2013

View PostXenuex, on Apr 14 2018 - 08:34, said:

Beyond the fact that WoT is still broken as ever? So, its a polished pile of dung? Congrats WG. +\-25% RNG, their shot dispersion mechanic, Arty, derp cannon tanks(4005,183, type 5) are all still terrible mechanics that need to be vastly reworked\removed. 

 

On top of that, 1.0 is horribly optimized. Considering I have:

  • i5 6600k 3.5Ghz
  • 32GB DDR4
  • Nvidia GTX 1070

 

But, because I don't have a SSD I load in 30-40 seconds after the game has already started, most of the time.( I've seen several complaints about this)

 

 Good job WG.

It's weird some of the bugs WG manages to introduce.  I'm running an old 5400rpm, sata 2 HD and have managed to load in before the countdown even starts a few times since 1.0, which I never did before.  Yet somehow, even a few people with SSDs were reporting the late loading issue.  It really does make me wonder just how spaghetti WG's coding practices are...



PNR #35 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 18:36

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 11555 battles
  • 41
  • Member since:
    08-29-2014

I wanted to upload my WOT replay, recorded via 'last battle' recording on Mac.  This is the recent 1.0 mac software.  The wotreplays site down't seem to take the file-upload because it is not a 'worldoftanks' extension.  The extension is 'icns'.  Who can help me convert the 'icns' to 'worldoftanks', until wotreplays supports mac saved-replays?

 

ps. I am not permitted to upload the wotreplay.icns

 

[edit includes: researched changing extension of filenames in mac.  I did it through the software, then I did it through the terminal.  I even created a .sh file to be sure.  The .sh worked same as the Mac point/click.  The filename could be changed, extension appeared to change, but the 'wotreplays' recognized the file as .icns .  So, still no luck.  I did just downloads somebody elses replay and am now watching it through Mac WOT.  Basically, this is what I think needs to happen: wot replays needs to create some sort of .icns converter   -   or   -   probably would need to know what they're doing and adjust some things in the WOT directories.  Hopefully something that somehow prevents the Mac from "saving" the replay as an .icns file   ]


Edited by PNR, Apr 15 2018 - 19:46.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users