• 21530 battles
  • [TRIB] TRIB
No. Now i'm grinding the line, no.

Realign #22 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 20:54

Captain

• Players
  • 27390 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS
Tired of seeing like 9 of these on a team in CW.  Maybe they'll fix it before next WGL season lol.

Gunadie #23 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 16:33

Major

• Players
  • 39361 battles

View PostScorpiany, on Apr 11 2018 - 00:11, said:

There's simply no excuse for the Obj. 268 v4 to be as powerful as it is. All of the server stats show it outperforming all other vehicles at Tier 10, in all of the various measurable metrics. It should have been nerfed during the supertest; yet somehow here it is in live matches ruining battles.

Crappy glass tracks that any tank shell will knock off

and a long repair time are the biggest drawbacks of this tank

There are many tanks that have some op aspect to them..

I guess you don't own it so you are crying perhaps?

SpectreHD #24 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 15:47

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16358 battles
  • [TT] TT

View PostGunadie, on Apr 17 2018 - 23:33, said:

I mean those drawbacks really make up for its strength that it isn't statistically the best performing Tier X vehicle in the game right now at all skill levels, right?

SU_Whisperer #25 Posted Apr 19 2018 - 16:40

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5011 battles
  • [QC-ML] QC-ML

View PostGunadie, on Apr 17 2018 - 10:33, said:

Yeah well, "Glass Tracks", it's no drawback, it's just normal, tracks are weak modules and tracks will always be "glass". Shoot the E-100 in the drive wheel and it'll come off, shoot the Ratte's drive wheel and it will come off, are they "Glass tracks" ? Interestingly, no, it's a game mechanic and accept it, all tracks are WEAK and repair time is not a drawback, train repairs on your crew members and you'll see they go back in a second. The tank is OP and it will be nerfed because, as I said, long repair times on tracks was never a drawback, Tortoise also has "Glass tracks" and the repair time is long, however smart players usually have Repairs + BIA + Vents so the repair time is always low. Do they cry about slow repairs ? Never heard someone cry about the tracks of the Tortoise, even the light tanks have weaker tracks and long repair times. Somehow nobody cries about the LT's tracks that are weak, those same tracks are what keeps a LT alive, tracks are important, but it'll never be a downside that would let the tank have that armor + that speed and maneuverability.

Edited by SU_Whisperer, Apr 19 2018 - 16:42.

rogueluke #26 Posted Apr 19 2018 - 19:58

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14454 battles
  • [MAG7] MAG7

View PostGunadie, on Apr 17 2018 - 15:33, said:

My T95 must have crappy glass tracks since they get knocked off all the time.

BA+repair+vents = up in seconds, normally before the tank that tracked me even reloads.

_Gungrave_ #27 Posted Apr 19 2018 - 22:31

Major

• Players
  • 39488 battles
  • [JGRN] JGRN

View PostGeneral_Lee_Miserable, on Apr 11 2018 - 12:50, said:

This is incorrect. The recent statistics show the 907 outperforming the V4, yet that one is overlooked because it's an OP CW reward tank. God forbid us non elite clan plebeians have something that can compete with that at T10. 

Gen...just do everyone a favor and don't bother commenting on 264 threads. Everyone knows your sole interest is nothing but keeping the tank as is rather than having the actual intelligence to accept that it needs to be nerfed.

KINGN0VA #28 Posted Apr 20 2018 - 02:18

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11198 battles
Obj 268 4 is insanely OP...

Gunadie #29 Posted Apr 20 2018 - 05:32

Major

• Players
  • 39361 battles

View PostRatnikk, on Apr 11 2018 - 00:08, said:

Do i even need to explain myself for this? Im sure you guys at WG have stats on the performance of vehicles. Im sure you can see how pretty much anyone can use this ''TD'', if we can even call it a TD, and become a super duper ultra delux unicum. I know your biggest fanbase is Russian but come on. Is everyone gonna have to grind these new soviet tanks just to have fun in this game?

Oh look, its a whiny re-roll who doesn't have an Obj 268 v 4 crying

Move along, nothing to see here unless you are a salt collector!

Gunadie #30 Posted Apr 20 2018 - 05:34

Major

• Players
  • 39361 battles

View Postrogueluke, on Apr 19 2018 - 10:58, said:

My T95 must have crappy glass tracks since they get knocked off all the time.

BA+repair+vents = up in seconds, normally before the tank that tracked me even reloads.

What does it have to do with the overly fragile tracks of the 268V4?

The op discussion was about the 268v4 and its op not comparing a tier 9 to a tier 10

and expecting similar results.

The 268v4 is a better tank at tier 10 than the T95 is at tier 9, but I don't think the 268V4 is the top dog at tier 10 or you would them over the vastly preferred BatChat

Edited by Gunadie, Apr 20 2018 - 05:50.

Gunadie #31 Posted Apr 20 2018 - 05:37

Major

• Players
  • 39361 battles

View PostSU_Whisperer, on Apr 19 2018 - 07:40, said:

Yeah well, "Glass Tracks", it's no drawback, it's just normal, tracks are weak modules and tracks will always be "glass". Shoot the E-100 in the drive wheel and it'll come off, shoot the Ratte's drive wheel and it will come off, are they "Glass tracks" ? Interestingly, no, it's a game mechanic and accept it, all tracks are WEAK and repair time is not a drawback, train repairs on your crew members and you'll see they go back in a second. The tank is OP and it will be nerfed because, as I said, long repair times on tracks was never a drawback, Tortoise also has "Glass tracks" and the repair time is long, however smart players usually have Repairs + BIA + Vents so the repair time is always low. Do they cry about slow repairs ? Never heard someone cry about the tracks of the Tortoise, even the light tanks have weaker tracks and long repair times. Somehow nobody cries about the LT's tracks that are weak, those same tracks are what keeps a LT alive, tracks are important, but it'll never be a downside that would let the tank have that armor + that speed and maneuverability.

Hate to burst your bubble but many tanks have tracks that can take far more punishment and not derail.

You cant just look at the upside of a tank and ignore the downside.

Gunadie #32 Posted Apr 20 2018 - 05:44

Major

• Players
  • 39361 battles

View PostSpectreHD, on Apr 18 2018 - 06:47, said:

I mean those drawbacks really make up for its strength that it isn't statistically the best performing Tier X vehicle in the game right now at all skill levels, right?

This is the way it is with most new tanks until players figure out how to over come its strengths and counter its weaknesses

Soon you will have yours and you will see that although its a good tank it is fairly well balanced at tier 10

lower tiers will struggle to deal but that's expected

Heavy 5 and Maus are no different in this respect

_Gungrave_ #33 Posted Apr 20 2018 - 05:52

Major

• Players
  • 39488 battles
  • [JGRN] JGRN

View PostGunadie, on Apr 20 2018 - 05:44, said:

This is the way it is with most new tanks until players figure out how to over come its strengths and counter its weaknesses

Soon you will have yours and you will see that although its a good tank it is fairly well balanced at tier 10

lower tiers will struggle to deal but that's expected

Heavy 5 and Maus are no different in this respect

Dude...its not balanced at all because its in the 59% range which says its completely broken. You're obviously another 264 apologist just like General is in every other 264 thread downplaying its performance.

Edited by _Gungrave_, Apr 20 2018 - 06:11.

Gunadie #34 Posted Apr 20 2018 - 18:14

Major

• Players
  • 39361 battles

View Post_Gungrave_, on Apr 19 2018 - 20:52, said:

Dude...its not balanced at all because its in the 59% range which says its completely broken. You're obviously another 264 apologist just like General is in every other 264 thread downplaying its performance.

Why is it that those who don't own it whine the loudest

You hardly play in tier 10's and maybe that's why you think its so OP

its 12th in accuracy

10 th in pen

3 in damage dealt

2 nd in DPM

22 nd in damage per kill

its not top in any category except "shots received without damage"

(due to an OP frontal armor design)

and the highest operating cost

What this tank has is excellent frontal armor and as long as players are going to try and pen the front, uselessly wasting away their shots,

it will continue to be in this top ranking.

The lower front glacis is a weak spot and frontally that's about it, some tier 10's and a few tier 9's will have moderate success and most tier 8's can almost forget it.

The tank cannot defend its self to any flanking maneuver, as its track tuning rate is horrible.

It has speed, but its straight line speed and turns poorly

Its a top performer because players continue to plink away at its front, hoping that something will give.

Its also a TD and will sit at the back 2 nd or 3 rd line waiting to bag opportunities.

Because it has speed, it can relocate to where its needed and be effective.

Aggressive play in these tanks results in a quick death due to it tracks and poor repair time allowing any proficient player the ability

to quickly eliminate it due to low(ish) health pool for tier 10.

Its no slouch, but until players learn to stop wasting ammo and playing it head to head from a distance it will continue to out shine

There are several tanks you don't play tit for tat and this tank is the master at that game.

Unless you can out-think the opponent and use your speed and skills to get around it you will continue to struggle with this one.

Quite frankly, I find this tank is boring to play and is easy to die in unless you are a sit at the back style of player.

(which I'm not)

Give it time and you will see its w/r drop as players understand how to benefit from their knowledge and improve their combat tactics against

this frontal armor beast.

This tank rates up there with the T110E3 and the T95 in frontal armor

Do you attempt to go head to head with a T-7 or the BL-10 ?

Once you and others figure this out, you will spend less time complaining in these forums.

PapioTitan #35 Posted Apr 20 2018 - 18:27

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 39296 battles
I saw one get ripped apart last night within 30 seconds of engaging the enemy. Dude said it was a Foch 155 firing HE. It's not invincible...

Gunadie #36 Posted Apr 20 2018 - 19:51

Major

• Players
  • 39361 battles

View PostPapioTitan, on Apr 20 2018 - 09:27, said:

I saw one get ripped apart last night within 30 seconds of engaging the enemy. Dude said it was a Foch 155 firing HE. It's not invincible...

HE is devastating to this tank as the flat top deck is paper thin.

As I said, until players re-think their tactics against this one they will continue to struggle and waste ammo

M0nkE #37 Posted Apr 20 2018 - 22:26

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20602 battles
  • [NICO] NICO

View PostGunadie, on Apr 20 2018 - 17:14, said:

Why is it that those who don't own it whine the loudest

You hardly play in tier 10's and maybe that's why you think its so OP

its 12th in accuracy

10 th in pen

3 in damage dealt

2 nd in DPM

22 nd in damage per kill

its not top in any category except "shots received without damage"

(due to an OP frontal armor design)

and the highest operating cost

What this tank has is excellent frontal armor and as long as players are going to try and pen the front, uselessly wasting away their shots,

it will continue to be in this top ranking.

The lower front glacis is a weak spot and frontally that's about it, some tier 10's and a few tier 9's will have moderate success and most tier 8's can almost forget it.

The tank cannot defend its self to any flanking maneuver, as its track tuning rate is horrible.

Absolutely [edited], a) don't leave your teammates like a moron and you don't get flanked, b) back up, it's more than fast enough in reverse to keep things in front of it; only bad players try to turn on the spot to keep the enemy in front of them

It has speed, but its straight line speed and turns poorly

Its a top performer because players continue to plink away at its front, hoping that something will give.

Have fun flanking with wg's excellent, highly-dynamic game and map design

Its also a TD and will sit at the back 2 nd or 3 rd line waiting to bag opportunities.

Just because that's how people will play it, doesn't mean it's how they should.

exhibit A)

Because it has speed, it can relocate to where its needed and be effective.

Aggressive play in these tanks results in a quick death due to it tracks and poor repair time allowing any proficient player the ability

to quickly eliminate it due to low(ish) health pool for tier 10.

We doing this again?

Its no slouch, but until players learn to stop wasting ammo and playing it head to head from a distance it will continue to out shine

There are several tanks you don't play tit for tat and this tank is the master at that game.

Unless you can out-think the opponent and use your speed and skills to get around it you will continue to struggle with this one.

Quite frankly, I find this tank is boring to play and is easy to die in unless you are a sit at the back style of player.

(which I'm not)

Give it time and you will see its w/r drop as players understand how to benefit from their knowledge and improve their combat tactics against

this frontal armor beast.

This tank rates up there with the T110E3 and the T95 in frontal armor

Yeah, minus the large, reliably penned weakspots

Do you attempt to go head to head with a T-7 or the BL-10 ?

Once you and others figure this out, you will spend less time complaining in these forums.

View PostGunadie, on Apr 20 2018 - 18:51, said:

HE is devastating to this tank as the flat top deck is paper thin.

As I said, until players re-think their tactics against this one they will continue to struggle and waste ammo

So, neuter your dpm by firing HE, that way he will easily out-dpm you, and then just... assume he has no teammates you might have to engage?

Stonecoldelf #38 Posted Apr 21 2018 - 00:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 24156 battles
Agreed this is OP and needs to be removed. All mods should also be removed and modification of the game made punishable by account deletion. The amount of Aim boting in this game is ridiculous.

Gunadie #39 Posted Apr 21 2018 - 00:44

Major

• Players
  • 39361 battles

View PostM0nkE, on Apr 20 2018 - 13:26, said:

So, neuter your dpm by firing HE, that way he will easily out-dpm you, and then just... assume he has no teammates you might have to engage?

You post a unicums playing 2 groups of noobs

SO WHAT!

Notice the opposing player in the 268V4 had 0 damage and lost.

And posting lemming Rush in a 357 match against a group of [edited]is a joke

Here is LR in the OP progetto doing 4800...so what.

Start your crying on this one as its totally OP

M0nkE #40 Posted Apr 21 2018 - 03:08

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20602 battles
  • [NICO] NICO

View PostGunadie, on Apr 20 2018 - 23:44, said:

You post a unicums playing 2 groups of noobs

SO WHAT!

Notice the opposing player in the 268V4 had 0 damage and lost.

And posting lemming Rush in a 357 match against a group of [edited]is a joke

Here is LR in the OP progetto doing 4800...so what.

Start your crying on this one as its totally OP

Now, I can tell that you have literally never taken a class involving argument in your life, because the Progetto has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation. That's like saying that Stalin was a good guy because Hitler was evil.

The V4 is OP as [edited], any half competent player will tell you that. And the fact that you didn't really respond to any of the points I made--aside from saying that those videos don't count because obviously yolo'ing is a unicum-exclusive tactic--would seem to corroborate that it is, in fact, op.

Edited by M0nkE, Apr 21 2018 - 03:09.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users