The OP'd 268 4

To fast and OPd

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Poll: This Russian MONSTER the 268 4 needs serious down grading. (51 members have cast votes)

Too FREAKING FAST and MANEUVERABLE to hit so hard.

1. Do to it, what you did to the ELC bis. Make it a SLUG and degrade it's gun. (34 votes [66.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. Naw let it continue to RAMPAGE across WoT's and cause people to stop paying to get RAPED ! (17 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Reduce the reload time and give more than just one TINY place on the front to pen this MONSTER ?

1. Naw leave then only place to pen one TINY spot on the top that's 250mm thick. (18 votes [35.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.29%

2. Please give people a chance to pen this MONSTER ! (33 votes [64.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 64.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Cognitive_Dissonance #61 Posted Apr 11 2018 - 22:16

Major

• Players
  • 39108 battles
  • [ANASS] ANASS

View Postdominator_98, on Apr 11 2018 - 11:20, said:

252U is still up high on WR, and that stat is from the last 30 days, so the first month of hype and people not knowing how to kill it is already out of the system. It may come down from 57%, but I doubt it will go below 54% until it gets nerfed.

Edit: When was the last time a tech tree tank spiked in winrate as hard as the 268-4?

Yeah, that's pretty steep, but it also dropped off, came back up, dropped a bit, and has now leveled off, with a slight downward trend.

Still, I never said it wasn't OP, my contention is that this cycle of new fad tank, rush to get it, fallout (good or bad) is a well known phenomenon with WG. So anymore, I try to position myself for the next wave of awesomeness.

I remember when the Swede autoloaders first came out, I started reading about it, and the hints months in advance, Free XP'd right on through to the tier 8/9/10 - which I still have and the EMIL I and II both still do well for me, the Kranvagn though ugghhh. But when they first hit, I could do no wrong with them.

Similar to when the French Heavy Premium hit.

So now the Italians are going to hit, and you can be pretty darn sure that something in that line is going to be awesome. Maybe not Defender or Obj 268-V4 awesome (cuz Russian), but something will be. So I will either earn me a Progetto, or buy one, get my crews ready and my free XP ready. Then when that one awesome Italian tank tree tank drops, I will be all over it and ride the gravy train till it is over.

I am not condoning it, I don't even agree with it, and yes I consider the 268 OP - but if you have played this game over a period of two years or more, you should be familiar with this pattern and if you have the means or wherewithal to do so, ride it.

That is my point, and my advice. The 268 may or may not get nerfed, but trust me, the new tank OP fad of the line is probably coming from the Italian line. Probably, not 100% but I am working that way regardless. This pattern is also observable on WoWs, but a bit more muted.

Mikosah #62 Posted Apr 11 2018 - 23:12

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles

The simplest solution is just to nerf the weakspots so that they're actually weakspots. 

But in the long run, if WG does compromise the armor or the mobility then they're really going to have to stop and ask themselves why changing the 263 line was a good idea in the first place.

NK_33 #63 Posted Apr 11 2018 - 23:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 18978 battles
The whole point of the Object 268 v 4 is to make everyone love artillery.

Kenshin2kx #64 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 00:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 18111 battles

View PostNK_33, on Apr 11 2018 - 12:42, said:

... and here I thought it was to make buckets of money for WG ... :D

Goat_Rodeo #65 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 03:36

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 11520 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4

View PostNK_33, on Apr 11 2018 - 22:42, said:

You know I was doing the daily x2 for my M40/43 when I saw a V4. I was so triggered by it I rode it the entire game. One broken mechanic cancels out another? That’s a twisted broken a** mindset I’d say. Thanks WG for the tune up. 

PS: I keep hearing this recycled junk about, “just flank it”. Well that’s fine and dandy close to the mid or end game, but anyone please do tell how you do this in the first 2 minutes of the game when it really counts. Replays will get you immediate and enduring bragging rights, (no mouth breathing yolo plays by the V4 will count) 

TristanXD6 #66 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 03:53

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13673 battles
  • [NXGEN] NXGEN

View PostIch_bin_Hass, on Apr 11 2018 - 09:29, said:

The Defender is an OP'd premium tank that someone Paid for. WoT's got SCREAMED at for Nerfing tanks that people paid for the last time they SCREWED people who paid for premium tanks and got them nerf'd. So the Defender getting NERF'd will NEVER happen. But again as always you avoid the topic. We're talking about an OP'd TD. Not premium tanks.

The point that was being made about the Defender was that when it was introduced it had a much higher winrate than it's piers at Tier 8, and still has a higher winrate to this day, thus showing that it's an overpowered tank. It's the same logic when looking at the Obj. 268 v4, except in this case it's much more extreme. Yes, they're tanks from different classes/tiers, but they're both similar scenarios.

View PostIch_bin_Hass, on Apr 11 2018 - 09:37, said:

Again you seem to be in the minority in the opinion that this TD needs to be nerf'd BADLY ! As always insults from those who have no way to really defend their position. 

Then prove my points wrong. Go ahead, we're waiting. :popcorn:

Because unlike you, who seems to love hitting people with the same repeated points (which were already addressed by other players here) over and over again, I've brought up specific points that I have yet to hear a good, solid argument against. :B

Maybe, just maybe, if you spent a little more time thinking of solid arguments, and less time trying to attack other players that have commented on this thread, then we could actually take you seriously. But right now, you're a joke. You can't make an argument to save your life, and are rapidly embarrassing yourself with poor logic, boundless arrogance, and with D-Grade level spelling/grammar.

P.S. I find it funny how you originally made this thread to saying how the Obj 268 v4 was overpowered, yet now you try to mock me for agreeing that the tank is overpowered, just in a different way than you stated (I said it was because of mobility and armor, you kept trying to say that the tank hits hard like a Jagdpanzer E-100). If you want ANY support from other players, then you're doing it wrong. :)

Edited by TristanXD6, Apr 12 2018 - 04:36.

Ich_bin_Hass #67 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 05:10

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 75547 battles
  • [ALL] ALL

View PostTristanXD6, on Apr 11 2018 - 20:53, said:

The point that was being made about the Defender was that when it was introduced it had a much higher winrate than it's piers at Tier 8, and still has a higher winrate to this day, thus showing that it's an overpowered tank. It's the same logic when looking at the Obj. 268 v4, except in this case it's much more extreme. Yes, they're tanks from different classes/tiers, but they're both similar scenarios.

Then prove my points wrong. Go ahead, we're waiting. :popcorn:

Because unlike you, who seems to love hitting people with the same repeated points (which were already addressed by other players here) over and over again, I've brought up specific points that I have yet to hear a good, solid argument against. :B

Maybe, just maybe, if you spent a little more time thinking of solid arguments, and less time trying to attack other players that have commented on this thread, then we could actually take you seriously. But right now, you're a joke. You can't make an argument to save your life, and are rapidly embarrassing yourself with poor logic, boundless arrogance, and with D-Grade level spelling/grammar.

P.S. I find it funny how you originally made this thread to saying how the Obj 268 v4 was overpowered, yet now you try to mock me for agreeing that the tank is overpowered, just in a different way than you stated (I said it was because of mobility and armor, you kept trying to say that the tank hits hard like a Jagdpanzer E-100). If you want ANY support from other players, then you're doing it wrong. :)

Ok you most likely have the 268 4 and trying too debate you would be like talking to a wall. Enjoy your OP'd MONSTER OK ? Because I stop talking when all you have is the spelling/grammar police and 

Ad hominem attacks. Last stand of he who has nothing to really add to the debate. I really don't care what you think as you've already proven you're just trolling.

Edited by Ich_bin_Hass, Apr 12 2018 - 05:11.

TristanXD6 #68 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 05:30

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13673 battles
  • [NXGEN] NXGEN

View PostIch_bin_Hass, on Apr 11 2018 - 20:10, said:

Ok you most likely have the 268 4 and trying too debate you would be like talking to a wall. Enjoy your OP'd MONSTER OK ? Because I stop talking when all you have is the spelling/grammar police and 

Ad hominem attacks. Last stand of he who has nothing to really add to the debate. I really don't care what you think as you've already proven you're just trolling.

You've ignored pretty much my entire argument, and are starting to sound like a broken record. If you have nothing constructive to add to this thread, then just say so, or quit replying.

Because right now, you still have yet to explain why I'm incorrect. You're still focusing ENTIRELY on attacking people and stating that it proves you right somehow. It doesn't. If you tried winning a debate like that, you'd be laughed off the stage.

And for your information, no, I don't have an Obj 268 v4. However, I've used it before, and I've fought it numerous times. However, it doesn't matter whether or not I own one, my points are still the same. *ahem* Ad hominem much?

Now, are you actually going to respond to my questions and statements? Or are you going to further embarrass yourself?

​Hypocrisy, thy name is Ich_bin_Hass.

Edited by TristanXD6, Apr 12 2018 - 05:36.

Deathseeker117 #69 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 06:01

Private

• -Players-
  • 12530 battles
  • [NXGEN] NXGEN

Armor to do its intended role: check 1.5 times 

Gun to get the job done: Decent,

Mobility to get to places slightly overdone.

The gun is fine, it's inferior to the ​ORIGINAL 268 ​in DPM, Alpha and Pen. The armor is maybe slightly overtuned, thin a few parts on the lower plate and why not give that view finder 200mm of armor, if you facehugging it shoot down on the upper front plate if your taller than it. The lower lower plate, yes that has to get either an angle change, maybe to 50 degrees and thinned to 90mm at best, maybe a combination of both. 

​If it's faster than the Yolowagon they've done too much. give it the same​ mobility stats as the 263 and it should be fine.

​Its just a low skill floor tank and it's not even spammed much anymore, because most ppl have already learned to overcome this bugger.   (the answer is gold, but not needed).

P0NYTANK #70 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 10:24

Sergeant

• Players
  • 37151 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

Without doubt, there are 2 tanks in the game that need to be checked, The Defender and the 268-4 are certainly OP on some aspects ...

The Defender needs an Armor reduction on the low plate, more aiming time, the 268-4, more dispersion, reloading time, aiming time and -2 on the gun depression, the armor and the mobility are fine... but get hit by 650 - 750 every 13.45sec its really not nice specially at the very beggining of the match...

Its not like a Fast JP E-100, its more like a Faster T110E3 with less Weak Spots, i mean the Reload time its the same and the DPM almost the same (2460 vs 2366), if the 268-4 goning to be fast and well armored at least it must be balanced on the firepower with a lowed DPM (Same Damage per Shot, but a worse gun capabilities)...

Survival vs Firepower, when the Maus was buffed happened to it the same, WG gave it "more" survival than firepower... (i miss Shot every 9sec with it u.u)

Edited by P0NYTANK, Apr 12 2018 - 10:55.

Ich_bin_Hass #71 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 22:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 75547 battles
  • [ALL] ALL

View PostTristanXD6, on Apr 11 2018 - 22:30, said:

You've ignored pretty much my entire argument, and are starting to sound like a broken record. If you have nothing constructive to add to this thread, then just say so, or quit replying.

Because right now, you still have yet to explain why I'm incorrect. You're still focusing ENTIRELY on attacking people and stating that it proves you right somehow. It doesn't. If you tried winning a debate like that, you'd be laughed off the stage.

And for your information, no, I don't have an Obj 268 v4. However, I've used it before, and I've fought it numerous times. However, it doesn't matter whether or not I own one, my points are still the same. *ahem* Ad hominem much?

Now, are you actually going to respond to my questions and statements? Or are you going to further embarrass yourself?

​Hypocrisy, thy name is Ich_bin_Hass.

Why respond. I'll just get spell checked and graded for punctuation. Then have you just continue to attack me. The point is this post isn't about the Defender. You brought that in, the Defender is a premium tank that players bought ! Plus again. You're in the minority as most people agree the 268 4 needs down graded. Did you vote for Obama too ? Cause you act and sound like a SCREECHING libernazi.

Edited by Ich_bin_Hass, Apr 12 2018 - 23:05.

TristanXD6 #72 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 00:53

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13673 battles
  • [NXGEN] NXGEN

View PostIch_bin_Hass, on Apr 12 2018 - 13:55, said:

Why respond. I'll just get spell checked and graded for punctuation. Then have you just continue to attack me. The point is this post isn't about the Defender. You brought that in, the Defender is a premium tank that players bought ! Plus again. You're in the minority as most people agree the 268 4 needs down graded. Did you vote for Obama too ? Cause you act and sound like a SCREECHING libernazi.

You're bringing politics into this? And you have the audacity to complain about someone else mentioning another overpowered tank that's part of the game? :teethhappy:

You obviously misread my earlier points, so let me re-say them; I agree that the Obj 268 v4 is overpowered and needs a nerf. Where we disagree is where it's overpowered. You say that the the entire tank needs to be brought down, while I said specifically to lower it's mobility and increase the size of it's weakspot while thinning the armor on the weakspot.

The entire point of why the Defender was mentioned in this thread was to make a point about overpowered tanks having generally higher winrates than their peers. That's something that backs up your argument about the Obj 268v4 being overpowered, seeing how it has the highest winrate among Tier 10 TD's.

Go back to the beginning, re-read everyone's posts, and see how you've been pushing away anyone that would otherwise be supporting you.

If you don't, then it isn't a huge deal. Watching you embarrass yourself is quite fun as it is. :B

BunnyHopHop #73 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 02:05

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26060 battles

I've been bored with the game before, and frustrated with certain aspects of the gameplay and the way MM used to work.  Never really thought about quitting entirely tho, until now.

this tank... really is too much.  I dont want to play any of my tier 8+ tanks because every match there is at least one of these insta-win tanks on the other side, and when they platoon?  just suicide and hope for a fairer matchup next time.  Last time I played a tier 10 I was in my patton, shooting gold at the v4 I couldn't pen it.  Weakspot is too small to hit when the tank simply rocks back and forth, and u can't get around it because it reverses too fast.  Any tank that NEEDS to be double teamed to beat, no matter what, is just stupid OP.

So yeah, of all the things I thought would make me stop playing, I didn't think it would be another tank... but this tank... wow...

It needs a big speed nerf, both forward and reverse, and a considerably larger weakspot in the front. 

Kenshin2kx #74 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 21:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 18111 battles

View PostGoat_Rodeo, on Apr 11 2018 - 16:36, said:

You know I was doing the daily x2 for my M40/43 when I saw a V4. I was so triggered by it I rode it the entire game. One broken mechanic cancels out another? That’s a twisted broken a** mindset I’d say. Thanks WG for the tune up. 

PS: I keep hearing this recycled junk about, “just flank it”. Well that’s fine and dandy close to the mid or end game, but anyone please do tell how you do this in the first 2 minutes of the game when it really counts. Replays will get you immediate and enduring bragging rights, (no mouth breathing yolo plays by the V4 will count) 

Yes, it is easier said than done ... especially with the speed of the TD ... thing is, the minimap will help in early identification of the vehicle in question and with a touch of premeditative (read vehicle based consideration) ... you can get better and earlier positions on this type of tank ... which lead to better angles for things like a side shot (and if you are lucky or just that good) a rear shot as well.  The thing to avoid with the -4 is to force a face to face confrontation, unless you have the firepower/armor ... or numbers.  Far better to note where key tanks are going and think in terms of how your tank (singularly and in a group) can handle the vehicle in question ... then maneuver with this in mind.

Now I will admit, this will take more premeditation and planning on your part ... but given the variety of tanks and the tier spread involved ... you'd probably benefit by using this strategy in general, so it is truly 'value added' and a win/win.

Ich_bin_Hass #75 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 02:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 75547 battles
  • [ALL] ALL

View PostKenshin2kx, on Apr 13 2018 - 14:41, said:

Yes, it is easier said than done ... especially with the speed of the TD ... thing is, the minimap will help in early identification of the vehicle in question and with a touch of premeditative (read vehicle based consideration) ... you can get better and earlier positions on this type of tank ... which lead to better angles for things like a side shot (and if you are lucky or just that good) a rear shot as well.  The thing to avoid with the -4 is to force a face to face confrontation, unless you have the firepower/armor ... or numbers.  Far better to note where key tanks are going and think in terms of how your tank (singularly and in a group) can handle the vehicle in question ... then maneuver with this in mind.

Now I will admit, this will take more premeditation and planning on your part ... but given the variety of tanks and the tier spread involved ... you'd probably benefit by using this strategy in general, so it is truly 'value added' and a win/win.

But with the funnel effect of most maps now. Trying to flank this BEAST is almost impossible. Every city map is nothing but channels. Mountain Pass ? Same thing. It can race in. Do it's damage. Even if it gets nail in the process. It's done the work to win the battle. The idea it\s survival rate is low means nothing as it's win rate tells the true story. Even mediocre players who got it with the update are raping people. This reminds me of when the IS-7 came up. Medium tank speed with heavy armor and great gun. It use to RAPE people. Just like this monstrosity.

Edited by Ich_bin_Hass, Apr 15 2018 - 02:36.

M0nkE #76 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 02:12

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22155 battles
  • [SEIKO] SEIKO

Honestly, the theory to beating this tank is the same as beating unicums or any other strong tank. Kill the rest of the team and deal with it when/if you have to. Unicums don't get where they are by singling out other unicums and 1v1ing them. Just kill the easiest targets, and hopefully it'll give you enough of a numerical advantage to overcome how absurdly-op this tank is. Any suggestion to flank in this game should be promptly discarded, trying to flank somebody in this game, unless he's reeeeeaaaallly incompetent, will result in you getting killed by the half dozen teammates he has in the general vicinity.

While what I said is pretty general information that applies to pretty much anything in this game, that doesn't mean the v4 is normal. The advice applies just the same, but the tank is so horrendously broken that top clans frequently forego using it competitively because it makes the game too easy.

the_Deadly_Bulb #77 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 08:45

Major

• Players
  • 21744 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostM0nkE, on Apr 15 2018 - 17:12, said:

The advice applies just the same, but the tank is so horrendously broken that top clans frequently forego using it competitively because it makes the game too easy.

This right here is some really funny stuff. :D

raymee101 #78 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 19:09

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 61279 battles
  • [ARKAM] ARKAM
Another lethal thing this tank has is that ramming power, ive seen them ram an is7 frontally for over 700 damage at top speed, that combined with its gun hitting at same time as it comes in and its over half the is7s life gone instantly, thats pretty deadly.  Best way to handle them is tracking, otherwise its incredibly strong.  People also panic and forget to aim when they run into a few of them, so that fear factor messes with the lower skilled players somewhat.  Its russian though so you gotta expect them to make their stuff always the best.

Ich_bin_Hass #79 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 19:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 75547 battles
  • [ALL] ALL

View PostMaj_Baker, on Apr 11 2018 - 12:08, said:

i hate them too but if i cant hit the weakpoint on it i just try to spam their tracks. someone will eventually take them out.

i did this the other day and i bet dude was mad. i felt good that arty was the one who killed him as well. i could almost taste his rage.

Yeah I do the same now. No point in trying to hit the weak spots.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users