War Gaming needs to fix this always bottom tier problem

bottom tier always bottom tier match making wargaming problems fix match making

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

xX_GRIDLOK_Xx #1 Posted Apr 11 2018 - 20:46

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16900 battles

This company really needs to change this problem for us players as us always being bottom tier in pretty much most of the games your in. Unless you play tier 9 or 10 obviously. But I see this isn't a problem for war gaming because this kind of match making makes this company money for sure. So why would they fix it. So lets see I use my pref match making tanks and I am almost forced to shoot gold rounds. Because its pretty tough to shoot a tier 9 tank with 175 mm of pen from an AP shell. Fighting a tier 9 heavy lets say a e75 at a 55% angle there is one spot you can shoot it in the bottom plate and its a 10% chance that you might pen it....[edited]so outta 10 shoots you might hit it one time?

There pref match making tanks as most of us know you rarely get a top tier game in a pref match making tank unless you just bought the tank and its your first game in it. But for an example I just played 17 games and not one of them games was I a top tier tank and 3 were pref match making tanks outta them 17 games. So tier 8's and 9's in the pref tanks. Then I jumped around to do my X2's tanks. I played 17 games and outta 4 of them games I was mid tier. Now the rest of the games witch is 10 I was bottom tier 17 games total not 1 dang top tier game WoW. So war gaming really can you maybe fix this problem us players run into everytime we play this game? Prolly not because this makes there workers get there pockets lined with the money us paying customers actually pay to maybe get a chance to have a tank that might as people say be OP. But then of course this company will then make it so your tier 8 premium tank ends up being bottom tier.  So then that will then end up always being bottom tier so then in return having to shoot gold rounds that takes away from your credits that then forces people to either buy a premium account or just end up losing all your credits.     So I doubt this will change this company in making a decision on change tanks always being bottom tier and obviously this forum thing doesnt get the word to this war gaming company because in the end this company is gonna do what they want and us people that have sunk money into this game just have to deal with it. As WG doesnt like to give any refunds on things that aren't used like say premium time thats bought. You dont use it because its actually paid in advance but then if you ask for the credit back or exchange it for gold hahaha thats not gonna happen so its a lost cause period when playing this game and either deal with it or dont it comes down to. But I bet this problem ( on are end) will never see the day of light. 

I'm sure people are gonna have some kind of smart remarks well save it cause I dont give a flying F@#k.

WhineMaker #2 Posted Apr 11 2018 - 20:52

Major

• Players
  • 38029 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA
Simple solution: Play tier 10's and never be bottom tier. :great:

rockbutcher #3 Posted Apr 11 2018 - 21:00

Captain

• -Players-
  • 22384 battles
  • [-OPS-] -OPS-
...or push the s key to back out of the engagement with the nasty E75.  Or...read your minimap and go where your bottom tiered tank can be of the most value, against the other 7 enemy bottom tier tanks.

Mazati #4 Posted Apr 11 2018 - 21:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5529 battles

View PostxX_GRIDLOK_Xx, on Apr 11 2018 - 19:46, said:

This company really needs to change this problem for us players as us always being bottom tier in pretty much most of the games your in. Unless you play tier 9 or 10 obviously. But I see this isn't a problem for war gaming because this kind of match making makes this company money for sure. So why would they fix it. So lets see I use my pref match making tanks and I am almost forced to shoot gold rounds. Because its pretty tough to shoot a tier 9 tank with 175 mm of pen from an AP shell. Fighting a tier 9 heavy lets say a e75 at a 55% angle there is one spot you can shoot it in the bottom plate and its a 10% chance that you might pen it....[edited]so outta 10 shoots you might hit it one time?

There pref match making tanks as most of us know you rarely get a top tier game in a pref match making tank unless you just bought the tank and its your first game in it. But for an example I just played 17 games and not one of them games was I a top tier tank and 3 were pref match making tanks outta them 17 games. So tier 8's and 9's in the pref tanks. Then I jumped around to do my X2's tanks. I played 17 games and outta 4 of them games I was mid tier. Now the rest of the games witch is 10 I was bottom tier 17 games total not 1 dang top tier game WoW. So war gaming really can you maybe fix this problem us players run into everytime we play this game? Prolly not because this makes there workers get there pockets lined with the money us paying customers actually pay to maybe get a chance to have a tank that might as people say be OP. But then of course this company will then make it so your tier 8 premium tank ends up being bottom tier.  So then that will then end up always being bottom tier so then in return having to shoot gold rounds that takes away from your credits that then forces people to either buy a premium account or just end up losing all your credits.     So I doubt this will change this company in making a decision on change tanks always being bottom tier and obviously this forum thing doesnt get the word to this war gaming company because in the end this company is gonna do what they want and us people that have sunk money into this game just have to deal with it. As WG doesnt like to give any refunds on things that aren't used like say premium time thats bought. You dont use it because its actually paid in advance but then if you ask for the credit back or exchange it for gold hahaha thats not gonna happen so its a lost cause period when playing this game and either deal with it or dont it comes down to. But I bet this problem ( on are end) will never see the day of light. 

I'm sure people are gonna have some kind of smart remarks well save it cause I dont give a flying F@#k.

Take a break if your finding it frustrating, there's literally nothing else you can do - they aren't going to change the game to fit anyone's personal perspective on tanking for the day (or month) and more importantly NO ONE who can do anything about such changes is going to be reading this

Da_Craw #5 Posted Apr 11 2018 - 21:08

Major

• -Players-
  • 27418 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View PostxX_GRIDLOK_Xx, on Apr 11 2018 - 13:46, said:

Yeah you do or you wouldn't have bothered to rant in the forums.  You aren't always bottom tier.  You just got frustrated and needed to vent.  Some people are just ragers.  There is a consistent group who complain about everything.  It isn't that WG doesn't hear the forums, they just know that much of the forum whining is inevitable.  If it wasn't 3-5-7, people would complain about something else.  Before, it was "The other team got more heavies!"  and "I'm just a tier 8, I'm useless in a T10 battle where there are 10-12 T10s!" and "I never get a T6 battle in my T6 light!" and "Arty 1-shotted me!"  So now we have teams made up of the same number of heavies, lights have the same MM, arty switched from latin to english (went from cancer to just plain crabs) and you never see more than 3 T10s in a T8 tank.  There is a glut of T8 tanks that makes it mathematically impossible for T8 tanks to not be bottom tier more than any other tier (besides T1) unless a special MM is adopted just for T8.  The complaints didn't stop.  They just changed.  So go ahead and rant, maybe sheer volume will be a message in and of itself, but at least give off with taking it personally.  Everyone is in the same boat.

Dockmaster #6 Posted Apr 11 2018 - 21:10

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 44311 battles
  • [ACES] ACES

I would be willing to be exposed to longer queue times for one tier only battles.

The best games I have lately is the odd tier 8 only battles.

Awestryker #7 Posted Apr 11 2018 - 21:19

Major

• Players
  • 25861 battles
They should make all tier 8+ matches favor 5/10 instead of favoring 3/5/7....

the_dude_76 #8 Posted Apr 11 2018 - 21:34

Major

• Players
  • 34057 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

They can't fix something that only exists in your imagination...

Only 47% of tanks in a 3/5/7 match are bottom tier so the Law of Averages says you'll only be bottom tier 47% of the time in 3 tier spread matches. Even if you have really bad luck you aren't "always bottom tier" even if you have conned yourself into believing that's the case.

Block Quote

So then why should we "give a flying fck" about your nonsensical ranting and raving??

Edited by the_dude_76, Apr 11 2018 - 21:36.

Burning_Haggis #9 Posted Apr 11 2018 - 21:39

Major

• Players
  • 45753 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA

My guess....OP's stat padding attempts at tiers 5 and 6 are getting thwarted by being bottom tier.

MFGrant #10 Posted Apr 11 2018 - 21:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 12376 battles
  • [DVAB] DVAB
I get that being bottom tier can make the game tougher but it's not impossible.  I've managed to do alright.  I also gravitate toward flanking and spotting to get wins more than face to face brawls against higher tier tanks though.

Da_Craw #11 Posted Apr 11 2018 - 21:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 27418 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View Postthe_dude_76, on Apr 11 2018 - 14:34, said:

Only 47% of tanks in a 3/5/7 match are bottom tier so the Law of Averages says you'll only be bottom tier 47% of the time in 3 tier spread matches. Even if you have really bad luck you aren't "always bottom tier" even if you have conned yourself into believing that's the case.

There is no "law of averages."  Further, your analysis would only be correct if there was only 3-5-7 and every tier had the same number of tanks playing in it.  The problem is that there are so many more T8 tanks than 7 or 6, there is literally no way for T8 tanks to be top tier anywhere close to 20% of the time.  If every single T6 was bottom tier every match, it still would only let T8s be top tier around 10-12% 18-19%* of the time.  That said, I agree that nobody is bottom tier all the time or even 90%.

* Edited to reflect the most recent data on vbaddict.  In the last 30 days, there were roughly 4.5 million T8s played as opposed to 2 million T7s and 2 million T6s.

Edited by Da_Craw, Apr 11 2018 - 21:52.

vinnybagadonuts #12 Posted Apr 11 2018 - 21:42

Captain

• Players
  • 30483 battles
odd the e75 isnt bottom tier in this example...

Spanktankk #13 Posted Apr 11 2018 - 21:47

Major

• Players
  • 37048 battles
  • [KFB] KFB

Funny I played all tier 9's last night and I was top dog EVERY match.

/logic.

13Jake55 #14 Posted Apr 11 2018 - 21:57

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20752 battles
I think I was bottom tier for first 5 battles today playin 8 and 9s so I went down to t5 and got top tier in my Jumbo. 5 kills over 1700 hp damage.  Over time it is supposed to even out but playing 9s can skew your stats some since there are 10/9 battles.

Flarvin #15 Posted Apr 11 2018 - 22:08

Major

• Players
  • 54437 battles
Funny how WG dumbed down the MM so bottom tier would see a max of 3 top tiers. Yet that is not dumb enough, even only 3 top tiers out of 15 tanks is too difficult. lol

MFGrant #16 Posted Apr 11 2018 - 22:29

Major

• -Players-
  • 12376 battles
  • [DVAB] DVAB

View PostFlarvin, on Apr 11 2018 - 15:08, said:

Funny how WG dumbed down the MM so bottom tier would see a max of 3 top tiers. Yet that is not dumb enough, even only 3 top tiers out of 15 tanks is too difficult. lol

Best not to point out the obvious around here

the_dude_76 #17 Posted Apr 11 2018 - 23:29

Major

• Players
  • 34057 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostDa_Craw, on Apr 11 2018 - 20:41, said:

There is no "law of averages."  

Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean that it doesn't exist...

https://en.wikipedia...bability_theory

https://en.wikipedia...Law_of_averages

View PostDa_Craw, on Apr 11 2018 - 20:41, said:

Further, your analysis would only be correct if there was only 3-5-7 and every tier had the same number of tanks playing in it.  

Which is why I specifically said "in a 3/5/7 match". The number of people playing at different tiers is largely irrelevant since the spread is limited to 3/5/7 and there are no limits on queue time. More players at any given tier are more likely to result in a 5/10 spread or single tier battles thus offsetting the impact on 3/5/7 matches. This is all fairly basic stuff in the field of mathematics

Bottom line, even if my claim isn't 100% accurate 100% of the time it is still based upon scientific principle and mathematics. Your claims are based entirely upon speculation and confirmation bias (I can post a link to that to if you need assurance that such a thing exists...)

awildseaking #18 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 00:41

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13337 battles
  • [NEET] NEET

View Postrockbutcher, on Apr 11 2018 - 15:00, said:

...or push the s key to back out of the engagement with the nasty E75.  Or...read your minimap and go where your bottom tiered tank can be of the most value, against the other 7 enemy bottom tier tanks.

Not an argument. Most tanks can't disengage easily (especially not slower HTs and TDs that brawl) and there is no ability to guarantee where enemies will go, hence the concept of beginner's luck. Plus, positioning is a two way street. Even if you could guarantee that the 7 other bottom tiers will go to the same place, you can't guarantee that enough of your team will go there and thus you would be a tomato for expecting to win a 1v7.

I would start by giving T4-8 HTs +/-1. LTs and MTs have mobility and view range, TDs have concealment and pen, and arty is arty. HTs suffer the most from +2 because their armor is nonexistent and their guns can't pen. HTs have the least ability to deal with +2, so they should be exempt.

Edited by awildseaking, Apr 12 2018 - 00:43.

BigWoolyMammoth #19 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 01:13

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33686 battles
I have noticed a lot more bottom tiering when I platoon, not so much solo.

TRK213_Turkey #20 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 01:27

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6348 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postthe_dude_76, on Apr 11 2018 - 21:34, said:

I felt like I was bottom tier way more often that 47% so I tracked nearly 1100 multi-tier battles to check.  Was bottom tier 72.3% of the time, mid 8.4% and top 19.3%.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users