Italian Challenge Marathon FAQ Breakdown Event

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

Silv3rfox #21 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 00:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 23350 battles
  • [HIVE1] HIVE1
My bad. My son just explained the exp system to me. However, I did have a problem with exp on my 110, which I reported and was told to uninstall xvm and try again. I did and it worked.  So maybe thats the end of it.

Silver_ReBangBang_Wow #22 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 00:39

Captain

• Players
  • 36747 battles
  • [SEIKO] SEIKO

View Postkier321, on Apr 11 2018 - 22:49, said:

it is only 1 of the two, it says so. 

oof thanks.. i can't read.

KaiserWilhelmShatner #23 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 00:46

Major

• Players
  • 15823 battles
  • [F_O_G] F_O_G

IMPORTANT NOTE: Purchasing the bundle gives you the full pack of rewards and automatically checks all event battle missions as completed. So you won’t be able to access them once you have the bundle.

If we purchase the bundle, do we also get the silver value of the Progetto as that is the final reward?  

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/italian_event/

Maxus_Rennix #24 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 01:33

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22788 battles
  • [VAHLA] VAHLA

View PostKaiserWilhelmShatner, on Apr 11 2018 - 17:46, said:

IMPORTANT NOTE: Purchasing the bundle gives you the full pack of rewards and automatically checks all event battle missions as completed. So you won’t be able to access them once you have the bundle.

If we purchase the bundle, do we also get the silver value of the Progetto as that is the final reward?  

From the wording no, as you are no longer eligible for the missions, you are not eligible for the final reward either.

Edit: Though any levels you did already will drop the price of your purchasing the tank so you could do 5 levels and get it half off as well as it'll give you the rest of the rewards that aren't the tank.

Edited by Maxus_Rennix, Apr 12 2018 - 01:45.

Stormer100 #25 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 04:48

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14719 battles
  • [PRGY] PRGY

View PostGaussDeath, on Apr 11 2018 - 22:12, said:

Fixed, I meant 2 weeks but had mistyped 4. 

Also, what do you mean by grind out a tier 10? It is a tier 8 premium tank, not tier 10. 

I meant it's roughly how much xp you need to unlock a tier 10

__WarChild__ #26 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 07:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 19567 battles

View PostMaxus_Rennix, on Apr 11 2018 - 18:33, said:

From the wording no, as you are no longer eligible for the missions, you are not eligible for the final reward either.

Edit: Though any levels you did already will drop the price of your purchasing the tank so you could do 5 levels and get it half off as well as it'll give you the rest of the rewards that aren't the tank.

What if you grind out the whole thing for free and THEN purchase the bundle?  Do you get all the extra goodies twice, plus Gold for the tank?

Huey_Long #27 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 07:38

Major

• Players
  • 24007 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO

View PostKaiserWilhelmShatner, on Apr 11 2018 - 23:46, said:

View Post__WarChild__, on Apr 12 2018 - 06:25, said:

What if you grind out the whole thing for free and THEN purchase the bundle?  Do you get all the extra goodies twice, plus Gold for the tank?

It says the missions arent able to be completed if you buy the bundle. So how are you going to get the silver value as a reward for the mission if you already have bought the tank?

Do a big think there brother.

Edited by DeutschesKaiserreich, Apr 12 2018 - 07:39.

Zippit #28 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 08:02

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 18371 battles

View PostDeutschesKaiserreich, on Apr 12 2018 - 16:38, said:

It says the missions arent able to be completed if you buy the bundle. So how are you going to get the silver value as a reward for the mission if you already have bought the tank?

Do a big think there brother.

You do a big think.

Read what he said, he wants to GRIND out the missions, and get the tank free.
Then BUY the tank from the shop, and see if he gets everything but silver for the tank.

F0R_M07H3R_RU5514 #29 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 14:38

Major

• Players
  • 49614 battles
  • [_SF_] _SF_

View PostZippit, on Apr 12 2018 - 02:02, said:

You do a big think.

Then BUY the tank from the shop, and see if he gets everything but silver for the tank.

I would suspect, completing the missions, will result in removal of the purchase option from the portal/store, as it would be a 100% discount - and you'd already received the bundle.

That's an interesting thought, though.  Ultimately, the package is probably going to cost in excess of $80, given all of the additional items.

DomoSapien #30 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 16:54

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 13585 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Post__WarChild__, on Apr 12 2018 - 00:25, said:

View PostZippit, on Apr 12 2018 - 01:02, said:

You do a big think.

View PostF0R_M07H3R_RU5514, on Apr 12 2018 - 07:38, said:

I would suspect, completing the missions, will result in removal of the purchase option from the portal/store, as it would be a 100% discount - and you'd already received the bundle.

That's an interesting thought, though.  Ultimately, the package is probably going to cost in excess of $80, given all of the additional items.

Sadly I don't have  info on pricing yet, but I did get confirmation that the purchasing option will not be available once the marathon is completed. It is not possible to complete the marathon then purchase a duplicate bundle for Credit Compensation. (Also doing so would be the equivalent of just converting an equal amount of Gold to Credits, so not really necessary to buy the vehicle for Credit Compensation)

It's a quirk of how this marathon works, previous marathons functioned by allowing you to purchase individual "tokens" rather than a bundle that will complete all remaining stages. 

There were some small quality-of-life issues with the tokens for the T25 Pilot Marathon, for example, wherein players received Gold compensation for the tokens they purchased, instead of the vehicle, because the tokens were credited upon login. Some players finished their session on the last day of the marathon, closed the game client, bought their tokens on the Premium shop and went to bed. Since the tokens from their purchase didn't get credited to their accounts until after they logged in, they didn't get applied to the mission which had already concluded, hence the alternate Gold compensation.

Needless to say our folks in Support (myself included, at the time) were able to sort it out and get the qualifying players their vehicle instead, but it's a frustrating thing to go through as a player in the first place. We anticipate the Italian Challenge will run more smoothly.

AlirezaTheLord #31 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 17:48

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 42627 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN
These events make grinding of some tanks more fun..Thanks .

rich73 #32 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 18:21

Major

• Players
  • 50798 battles

View PostJambijon, on Apr 11 2018 - 13:37, said:

Hello Everyone!

With the Italian Challenge on the horizon, we wanted you to give you a little breakdown on how the event is going to work along with some FAQs.

Event duration:

Start 4/13/18 PST 12:00 / CST 14:00 / EST 15:00 to 4/27/18 PST 12:00 / CST 14:00 / EST 15:00

FAQ:

Can I purchase the Progretto?

• Yes! During the event you can choose to purchase a special bundle that will automatically complete all ten stages.  In addition to receiving the tank, you will receive all the stages awards.
    • For each stage already completed, you will receive a 10% discount on the total price of the bundle.

How can I earn the Progretto?

• There are two ways to earn the Progretto by playing, so you have some options.
    • Earning Mastery Badges/Medals
      • Tier X only
      • Medals/Awards/XP quests, along with the amount needed will vary from each stage.
    • Earning experience
      • Tier VI-X only
      • Base tank xp only
      • As the stages progress, the amount of base xp required for each stage will increase.

Does the stages have set times to be completed?

• Nope!  You can complete them at your own pace, just as long the event is still running.

Does boosters/premium account go towards my progress?

• Nope!  Only base tank XP and medals/awards will be counted toward progress.  

Does only wins count towards the event?

• No, wins are not required to progress through the stages, though it does help with earning experience.

Can I skip stages?

• Nope, you either have to complete it by playing or purchase the entire bundle.

Stage breakdown:

List of rewards for the event:

Spoiler

First, ensure that you are playing a qualifying tier when trying to progress through the Italian Challenge.

Stage Mission for mastery – Only available for Tier X Mission for Commitment – Only available for Tiers VI – X. 
1 Obtain the “High Caliber” award 1 time Earn 5,000 base tank XP. Only XP for being among the top 10 players on your team will be counted.
2 Block at least 4,000HP of damage 5 times Earn 7,000 base tank XP. Only XP for being among the top 10 players on your team will be counted.
3 Finish the battle as the top player on your team by damage caused 5 times Earn 15,000 base tank XP. Only XP for being among the top 10 players on your team will be counted.
4 Earn at least 850 points of base XP 10 times. Earn 30,000 bast tank XP. Only XP for being among the top 10 players on your team will be counted.
5 Block at least 4,000HP of damage 10 times Earn 35,000 bast tank XP. Only XP for being among the top 10 players on your team will be counted.
6 Obtain the “High Caliber” award 5 times Earn 35,000 bast tank XP. Only XP for being among the top 10 players on your team will be counted.
7 Finish the battle as the top player on your team by damage caused 15 times Earn 40,000 bast tank XP. Only XP for being among the top 10 players on your team will be counted.
8 Finish the battle as the top player on your team by damage caused 20 times Earn 45,000 bast tank XP. Only XP for being among the top 10 players on your team will be counted.
9 Earn at least 850 points of base XP 20 times. Earn 50,000 bast tank XP. Only XP for being among the top 10 players on your team will be counted.
10 Finish the battle as the top player on your team by damage caused 20 times Earn 50,000 bast tank XP. Only XP for being among the top 10 players on your team will be counted.

Event articlehttps://worldoftanks.../italian_event/

Let us know if you have any questions or concerns and we will be happy to answer them!

Congrats on another mission only bots will complete.When will you guys ever learn???Sheesh WG..Quit this crap will you?BTW..bast tank xp???You guys should really go back to school then maybe we wont have these stupid requirements that favor bot accounts or exploiters.

Swearengen5 #33 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 20:40

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 54806 battles
  • [-LOST] -LOST

Total BASE XP needed = 312,000.

312,000 BASE XP divided by 14 days =  22,286 BASE XP needed daily

22,286 BASE XP  =  44.57 battles needed daily (if you average about 500 BASE XP per battle)

44.57 battles multiplied by 9 minutes = 6.6855 hours per day of playing WoT to accomplish this mission.

In other words, this " Free Tank" Mission is a complete SHAM.  This mission is DESIGNED to make you feel committed, so that they can then hook and crook you.  A classic "Bait and Switch" designed from the start to have you BUY the tank. 

joedoe_hero #34 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 21:27

Private

• -Players-
  • 59641 battles

so players that pay for a premium account for the additional XP (and credits) per game don't get to use it in these contest!!!   so why do we need to pay for premium time if it will not give premium account players an advantage in these contest. I don't care if you take away the 2x (5x) bonus from the points earned in the contest, but the contest XP should be based on your account type and personal reserves used (that cost us in game time to earn or money to buy)  and any addition points awarded for courageous performance in battle. I think its time for all players who have premium accounts to just let them expire and not renew them, until their is some real advantage to having them. these are the players that pay for this game to be played by all the free-to-play players, and pay the employees of war gaming so we can all play. if no advantage is given to premium account holders then why pay for them.

P.S. I do not currently have a prem. acct. nor do I plan to pay for one anytime soon. so this is not about me crying for more, its just what is fair for the players that have them.

joe doe

Edited by joedoe_hero, Apr 13 2018 - 01:36.

NovaTempest #35 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 21:39

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10434 battles

View PostSwearengen5, on Apr 12 2018 - 14:40, said:

22,286 BASE XP  =  44.57 battles needed daily (if you average about 500 BASE XP per battle)

44.57 battles multiplied by 9 minutes = 6.6855 hours per day of playing WoT to accomplish this mission.

In other words, this " Free Tank" Mission is a complete SHAM.  This mission is DESIGNED to make you feel committed, so that they can then hook and crook you.  A classic "Bait and Switch" designed from the start to have you BUY the tank. 

Whats funny and sad is that it wasnt always this way, back in 2015-2016 they had a month long mission for the e25. And I got it all completed on the first week because i initially thought the event was going to run as long as this one will. And to top it off, IIRC, the missions were far more doable than this.

Nice try WG. you had me interested in trying to get this tank for free at first, but seeing the requirements, they are just way too much for a casual. It's a major whammy that its based on base xp and not total xp from battles, this isn't world of warships where the Base XP is still doable. Even worse that premium time users dont get an advantage here either, and not to mention that boosters will not aid in this.

In short? I'll Pass.

I'll just farm up free XP in WoWP to run up the italian tech tree once its released... :sceptic:

Edited by NovaTempest, Apr 12 2018 - 21:39.

ISNomads #36 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 22:22

Major

• Players
  • 33992 battles
  • [WHAMO] WHAMO

View PostSwearengen5, on Apr 12 2018 - 11:40, said:

Nice post.

You apparently don't understand the concepts of:

Bait and switch

Capitalism

Standard marketing practices

_Platform #37 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 23:26

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10656 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
All these tears. Pathetic.

KaiserWilhelmShatner #38 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 00:53

Major

• Players
  • 15823 battles
  • [F_O_G] F_O_G

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 12 2018 - 07:54, said:

Sadly I don't have  info on pricing yet, but I did get confirmation that the purchasing option will not be available once the marathon is completed. It is not possible to complete the marathon then purchase a duplicate bundle for Credit Compensation. (Also doing so would be the equivalent of just converting an equal amount of Gold to Credits, so not really necessary to buy the vehicle for Credit Compensation)

It's a quirk of how this marathon works, previous marathons functioned by allowing you to purchase individual "tokens" rather than a bundle that will complete all remaining stages. 

There were some small quality-of-life issues with the tokens for the T25 Pilot Marathon, for example, wherein players received Gold compensation for the tokens they purchased, instead of the vehicle, because the tokens were credited upon login. Some players finished their session on the last day of the marathon, closed the game client, bought their tokens on the Premium shop and went to bed. Since the tokens from their purchase didn't get credited to their accounts until after they logged in, they didn't get applied to the mission which had already concluded, hence the alternate Gold compensation.

Needless to say our folks in Support (myself included, at the time) were able to sort it out and get the qualifying players their vehicle instead, but it's a frustrating thing to go through as a player in the first place. We anticipate the Italian Challenge will run more smoothly.

Thank you for the simple and precises explanation.  *not sarcasm

Raigoth #39 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 03:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 5262 battles
  • [T-SEC] T-SEC

View PostJambijon, on Apr 11 2018 - 21:37, said:

Hello Everyone!

With the Italian Challenge on the horizon, we wanted you to give you a little breakdown on how the event is going to work along with some FAQs.

Event duration:

Start 4/13/18 PST 12:00 / CST 14:00 / EST 15:00 to 4/27/18 PST 12:00 / CST 14:00 / EST 15:00

FAQ:

Can I purchase the Progretto?

• Yes! During the event you can choose to purchase a special bundle that will automatically complete all ten stages.  In addition to receiving the tank, you will receive all the stages awards.
    • For each stage already completed, you will receive a 10% discount on the total price of the bundle.

How can I earn the Progretto?

• There are two ways to earn the Progretto by playing, so you have some options.
    • Earning Mastery Badges/Medals
      • Tier X only
      • Medals/Awards/XP quests, along with the amount needed will vary from each stage.
    • Earning experience
      • Tier VI-X only
      • Base tank xp only
      • As the stages progress, the amount of base xp required for each stage will increase.

Does the stages have set times to be completed?

• Nope!  You can complete them at your own pace, just as long the event is still running.

Does boosters/premium account go towards my progress?

• Nope!  Only base tank XP and medals/awards will be counted toward progress.  

Does only wins count towards the event?

• No, wins are not required to progress through the stages, though it does help with earning experience.

Can I skip stages?

• Nope, you either have to complete it by playing or purchase the entire bundle.

Stage breakdown:

List of rewards for the event:

Spoiler

First, ensure that you are playing a qualifying tier when trying to progress through the Italian Challenge.

Stage Mission for mastery – Only available for Tier X Mission for Commitment – Only available for Tiers VI – X. 
1 Obtain the “High Caliber” award 1 time Earn 5,000 base tank XP. Only XP for being among the top 10 players on your team will be counted.
2 Block at least 4,000HP of damage 5 times Earn 7,000 base tank XP. Only XP for being among the top 10 players on your team will be counted.
3 Finish the battle as the top player on your team by damage caused 5 times Earn 15,000 base tank XP. Only XP for being among the top 10 players on your team will be counted.
4 Earn at least 850 points of base XP 10 times. Earn 30,000 bast tank XP. Only XP for being among the top 10 players on your team will be counted.
5 Block at least 4,000HP of damage 10 times Earn 35,000 bast tank XP. Only XP for being among the top 10 players on your team will be counted.
6 Obtain the “High Caliber” award 5 times Earn 35,000 bast tank XP. Only XP for being among the top 10 players on your team will be counted.
7 Finish the battle as the top player on your team by damage caused 15 times Earn 40,000 bast tank XP. Only XP for being among the top 10 players on your team will be counted.
8 Finish the battle as the top player on your team by damage caused 20 times Earn 45,000 bast tank XP. Only XP for being among the top 10 players on your team will be counted.
9 Earn at least 850 points of base XP 20 times. Earn 50,000 bast tank XP. Only XP for being among the top 10 players on your team will be counted.
10 Finish the battle as the top player on your team by damage caused 20 times Earn 50,000 bast tank XP. Only XP for being among the top 10 players on your team will be counted.

Event articlehttps://worldoftanks.../italian_event/

Let us know if you have any questions or concerns and we will be happy to answer them!

So casual players will just have to buy the tank then, since this will be impossible for the people who can only play 1-2 hours a day. Thanks for nothing Wargaming.

SilentSorrow #40 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 03:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 11725 battles
Welcome to "Better take my bot for a ride" kinda event. Like the event that QB made a video about it, the WOT 1.0 Extravaganza.

Also tagged with Italian, Challenge, Marathon, FAQ, Breakdown, Event

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users