Italian Challenge Marathon FAQ Breakdown Event

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

xripperx #61 Posted Apr 14 2018 - 16:26

Captain

• Players
  • 30173 battles

View Postgrego34, on Apr 14 2018 - 03:07, said:

one month is long enough and 2 weeks is too short, we have jobs,school, family & a life!   one italian tier 8 tank  that will be nerfed in a few months ain't worth the time.

​Think of it as a chance to get a discount, not as a chance to get it free. I doubt this will get nerfed, it isn't exactly OP and a lot of players will regret even putting the time in to get it.  I am playing not for the mission but just the normal WOT grind, will see whether I will bother buying it when I see how much of a discount I earn, but not going to concentrate on it, just do not think it is worth dedicating the effort / time.

Taffer1000 #62 Posted Apr 14 2018 - 20:38

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36570 battles

Anyone else notice the pricing is wrong too? It shows in the game I get a discount of 20% but when you check the shop it lists it at 19% This is really fishy and wrong.

nicktheboss48 #63 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 03:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 20566 battles
when i click the tab nothing at all comes up so i guess i cant do it yay me seems like my normal luck

Lion0 #64 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 05:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 40699 battles

Normally these marathons go like this: challenge seems doable and you get emotionally invested.  Can't finish but almost done, so you spend a couple of $ to round out the mission requirements.

This one was way too aggressive from the get go, so it was a big turn off for most of the player base.  I know WG needs to make money but this one is a NO from very early on, so no $ going to WG.

I hope this feedback goes back to whoever designed this mission.

T44-100 marathon was ok

T25 Pilot marathon was ok

T34 B/IS-6B/Mutz marathon was ok

Progetto marathon was not ok

Wulf_2222 #65 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 06:00

Private

• -Players-
  • 7497 battles
Where is the page to buy the tank? I'm not going to complete all 10 stages in 2 weeks so I will need to buy after I've knocked the price down some

Backfire_ #66 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 09:54

Major

• Players
  • 29106 battles
  • [X-OUT] X-OUT

In the future please don't put a block X multiple times mission in a mission set advertised as a 'skill based' option.  I just finished mission 5 and it was terrible.  Its mega lopsided if you have a currently broken tank (did like 6 or 7 of 10 in 268v4), and there is way too much unblockable damage at tier 10 (183s, Jap Heavies, idiots who have 70% HE loadouts in every tank, SPGs, etc.).  Its far more reliant on having the right tanks on the enemy team and whether or not people are willing to fire penetration based ammunition at you.  On top of that, while armor use is a skill, you only use it as necessary.  More often than not there isn't a good reason to block 4k damage vs. getting shot at less.

The rest of the missions have been fine, just different flavors of 'play well'.

ElfMagi2 #67 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 11:19

Captain

• Players
  • 53851 battles
  • [AIMED] AIMED

At Stage 4 and I have been trying to go the quicker route by playing tier 10.

850 base xp is a joke.

I have done it a few times but only when in all tier 10 matches.

Now much more do i need to do here:

Posted Image

Posted Image

NutrientibusMeaGallus #68 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 11:51

Major

• Players
  • 20875 battles
  • [FILOX] FILOX

View Post__WarChild__, on Apr 11 2018 - 16:56, said:

OMG, people people people!

We just received a FAQ with an explanation, a breakdown, a chart, and pictures - all from a caring individual who speaks English!!

Do you forum folks not recognize the significance of this moment???

At the very least, please +1 the OP!

Well done Wargaming NA!

:great:

__WarChild__

But everyone must reject the clear concise path to help like a lifelong alcoholic rejecting a transplant liver after a month long bender.........

Kehox #69 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 11:54

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14605 battles

tier X and tier VI and still able to get over 1k base xp lol ... easy marathon 

OctavariumDT8 #70 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 14:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 48157 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR

Total BS.

No premium account bonus + no daily multiplier bonus + crapteams (all morons dying in 2 min just to get fast XP)/defeats = 3 hrs to get only 10k XP. 

If event was 20 days long, maybe I would care. This way, I'll [edited]pass. Not worth it at all.

Benner2174 #71 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 01:14

Sergeant

• Players
  • 31256 battles
Another mission that youll have to pay 2 win or invest 6+ hours a day to grind the xp... WG is pathetic

ToothDecay #72 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 13:21

Major

• Players
  • 26750 battles
  • [NARC] NARC

Geez, either do it or not, easy as that.

For making the levels, you are also, as was said, getting lots of other stuff.

WE ALL:  Have money worries;  a real life;  Family that requires time; blah blah blah.

Nothing is fair to everyone, all 'o ya, get real.

but but but........."we'll miss out, and that's NOT fair".

My God, most of you are adults, but you sure whine like little kids.

But, it's gonna be a purchase most will regret, as it's going to be Tier X fodder most of the time, anyway.

I am really trying to enjoy the TIME I CAN play, I've done that the past few days. 

I suggest you "guys" try to focus on that.

Best feeling to me is winning something out of the blue.

So enough with them negative waves, and just enjoy the game.

perimortem #73 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 13:57

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 22747 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS
They made the tank so expensive $70 just like a furniture store does then they say it's on sale, half off, which is where most of us will be when the challenge is over. So for $35  the average price of a medium tank in the prem shop, is what we will pay. Makes us play tanks more just what wargaming wants

GunnerWanted #74 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 15:11

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 49374 battles

I apologies for calling people crybabies ... but seriously ... I do not understand why some people are upset about the format of what WG is offering here.

They (WG) will 'give' you a tier 8 prem tank for free .... IF .... you play their game .... A LOT ... Seems reasonable to me.

Back in the day when I first started out with this game, there was this marathon mission for a heavy premium tank called FV201 (A45) going on. I don't recall the premise of the mission in detail, but I think it was something along the lines of you getting the tank as a rental and then within a set amount of days earn 200K XP and get 200 kills while driving the tank. Now I ignored that mission because I was a LIGHT tank driver and I was busy grinding out LIGHT tanks ... This was before I realized that successfully driving light tanks requires a decent skill cap (part of the reason my overall stats will never be good) and I was unaware of the credit earning potential of premium tanks.

The next time I noticed a marathon mission it was for the premium medium T-44-100 tank where you had to get 150K XP and 150 kills (or something like that) for each nation currently in the game. This time I was determined to get that tier 8 prem tank, so I made a plan with milestones for what I needed to accomplish each day in order to complete the mission 2 days early. I looked at which of my tanks statistically were best for getting kills or XP within each nation (not necessarily the same tank for both) and then I only played those tanks until I had completed the goal for that nation and then I moved onto the next nation. Rinse repeat.

I got the T-44-100 3 days before the mission came to and end.

After that I participated in the marathon for the T34 B, IS-6 B and the Schwarzpanzer 58 where you had to complete 15 out of 20 missions (new mission for each tank each day) where the missions got more and more difficult each day. Again I made a plan for which missions I should attempt ... basically completing all the easy missions for each tank and then pick 1 or 2 of the more difficult missions per day in the latter days.

18 days into the marathon I had a new T34B, IS-6 B and Schwarzpanzer 58 in my garage.

Then there was the 2 Xmas holiday missions were you had to decorate a tree one year and same the next with the add-on of the collections book you needed to fill out in order to get special 'gift wrap looking' camo. I was unable to complete any of those all the way because I was unlucky when crafting new ornaments and I was unwilling to spend real $money$ buying packages of random ornaments in order to get to the goal .... BUT .... I did earn a bunch of free stuff and special crew members (swedish ladies) and discounts on tanks on yet purchased .... and I was 'okay' with that .... I was gonna take this thing as far as it would go but not spend any money on it .... and I did.

Also recently there was that there Intel thing where it was purely quantity .... be the player with top 10 placement in most games possible within the next 14 days and win a sweet Alienware Laptop.

I knew, having a job and a family, that I didn't stand a chance in that contest .... nor did I stand a chance being within the 250 runner-ups that 'only' got an I7 processor. But I did benefit in other ways ... I got the little pew-pew prem light tank and the other free stuff as the mission progressed. I was okay with that.

Now we have the Progetto M35 mod 46 marathon. Another (desirable?) tier 8 prem tank. I have decided that this marathon looks achievable. Again, I have made a plan for what I need to do each day to reach the goal 2 days early. I'm going for the XP missions as I am not good enough at tier X to reliably meet the goals set in the Tier X missions ... AND because I am on a non-premium account, so playing at tier 6-8 will allow me to grind some credits while playing which I cannot at tier 10 (tier 9 seems credit neutral atm for me). Unless something unforeseen happens I will meet my milestones per day and get the Progetto M35 mod 46 two days before the mission is over.

What I do like about the Progetto M35 mod 46 marathon (and some of the other previous marathons) is all the goodies you get each time you reach a new level ... I mean look at e.g level 4: Stabs, Rammer and GLD .... that's like a 1M credits right there ... plus a prem day (spoken like a true non-account holder). At level 6 + 8 + 9 you get 10(ten) 50% 2hrs credit boosters .... now I don't know about you but if I drive a tier 8 prem with one of those things turned on I make on average 400-500K credits per hour ... so right there you got (1+1+1) x 10 x 2 x 400000 = 24,000,000 credits.

So what I am trying to say is: Pick your battles. Don't gripe about the ones you cannot win and focus on the ones you can win. If you cannot reach the final objective in one of the marathon missions then pick you own objective. If the mission has levels and/or discount levels like the Progetto M35 mod 46 does, then pick a level you want to get to and aim for that.

WG is a business and they must make money one way or another or WoT wouldn't be around for long. So yes, they intentionally make these marathons and other event content ALMOST reachable for most but not quite and then offer you a buy-the-rest option for real $$$. That is how they make money .... well that and the fact that there are people willing to buy premium account and premium tanks straight up. So why are some of you upset? Are you also upset like that when you pay for gas? or for your cell phone bill? .... 

Take the game for what it is .....

You can get to the goal FOR FREE if you are willing to play A LOT (good for WG)

-OR-

you can get to the goal REALLY FAST if you are willing to pay real $$$ (also good for WG)

-OR-

you can go watch the grass grow, I hear it's pretty this time of the year (not sure if that is good or bad for WG)

EDIT (April 23'rd) ..... just completed the mission last night .... yay ..... one more free tier 8 prem in the garage.

- Cheers

Edited by GunnerWanted, Apr 23 2018 - 13:39.

perimortem #75 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 15:31

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 22747 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS
Basically it's NOT free. Pretty much the only ones that will get it for free are the players that do nothing else  but play tanks all day.

Edited by perimortem, Apr 16 2018 - 15:32.

Invictus_44 #76 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 17:11

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12374 battles

Call me a butthurt whiner if you want, but I just feel like the missions are too hard.

I am good enough to get a high caliber or 850 base xp in a battle, but I'm not good enough to do it 5 times within the time frame it takes me to earn a few thousand xp.

I have completed the 1st campaign missions (and over half of the 2nd set). I have a 51% win rate. I have a huge garage, lots of tanks, and I spent over $200 at Christmas. 

I dont see any possibility of my completing these missions. Even playing 4+ hours a day.

Now I intend on trying to get as big a discount as possible on this Italian tank. Hopefully at least 60%. But.... when they set the bar so high that even a dedicated player like me can't succeed, it just seems like a unicum giveaway.

Now if WoT wants to do a unicum giveaway, thats their decision. I just think that the middle-skill-level players deserve a free tank more than a unicum.

GunnerWanted #77 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 14:44

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 49374 battles

View Postperimortem, on Apr 16 2018 - 15:31, said:

Basically it's NOT free. Pretty much the only ones that will get it for free are the players that do nothing else  but play tanks all day.

I finished level 6 over the weekend and burned 25K XP into level 7 Monday evening ..... not sure what the big deal is .... I mean if you want to play tanks on any meaningful level you DO realize that you have to forfeit a 'normal' life right ?? 

And yes .... I do have a fulltime job and family and can proudly say I remember most of their names 

Finished the mission with 5 days to go :P

Edited by GunnerWanted, Apr 23 2018 - 13:40.

ISNomads #78 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 16:19

Major

• Players
  • 35528 battles
  • [WHAMO] WHAMO

View PostInvictus_44, on Apr 16 2018 - 08:11, said:

Call me a butthurt whiner if you want, but I just feel like the missions are too hard.

I am good enough to get a high caliber or 850 base xp in a battle, but I'm not good enough to do it 5 times within the time frame it takes me to earn a few thousand xp.

I have completed the 1st campaign missions (and over half of the 2nd set). I have a 51% win rate. I have a huge garage, lots of tanks, and I spent over $200 at Christmas. 

I dont see any possibility of my completing these missions. Even playing 4+ hours a day.

Now I intend on trying to get as big a discount as possible on this Italian tank. Hopefully at least 60%. But.... when they set the bar so high that even a dedicated player like me can't succeed, it just seems like a unicum giveaway.

Now if WoT wants to do a unicum giveaway, thats their decision. I just think that the middle-skill-level players deserve a free tank more than a unicum.

It is meant to be hard. WG does not really want to give away a new tier 8 tank to most people, they want to make money by selling the tank, and to give people incentive to buy it (investment of effort, discount, etc). The majority of the player base will not come close to getting the tank free, which is fine. No one "deserves" anything.

VooDooKobra #79 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 00:40

Major

• Players
  • 8481 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE
my only complaint is the top 10 on either side thing.  If the event is going to be only 2 weeks long make it worth it.  i could see the top 10 more if the event was a month long.  and yes i am posting this after multiple games where i was 11th for base xp 

Edited by VooDooKobra, Apr 18 2018 - 00:41.

apoc17 #80 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 19:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 27885 battles
  • [4HIM3] 4HIM3

View PostVooDooKobra, on Apr 18 2018 - 00:40, said:

my only complaint is the top 10 on either side thing.  If the event is going to be only 2 weeks long make it worth it.  i could see the top 10 more if the event was a month long.  and yes i am posting this after multiple games where i was 11th for base xp 

They put this top 10 thing to stop the use of bots.  Bots rarely go in top 10 xp.  So bots use is inneficient whit this method ! 

Also tagged with Italian, Challenge, Marathon, FAQ, Breakdown, Event

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users