Gold and Silver League Clan Wars

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Give it a Honest Vote (34 members have cast votes)

Would you be in favor of this idea?

1. Yes (26 votes [76.47%])

Percentage of vote: 76.47%

2. No (6 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

3. In the middle (2 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Devildog8 #1 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 16:12

Major

• Players
  • 10128 battles
  • [RSHRK] RSHRK

The topic of clan wars has been a hot topic of late, Lower skilled clans wanting Tier 6s and 8s to come back to sections of the map created for more competitive play.

I have a suggestion that I believe will entice lower skilled clans an opportunity to be competitive while learning to grow in skill to be more competitive against the higher skilled clans.

Have the map bigger and have it spit with a north and south boundaries, North for Gold League and South for Silver League. Gold can not play on silver and vise versa 

Gold League Requirements would be any clan with a ELO of 1101 or higher, they would play on the map with the gold payout from 360 per province to 3600 per province, with higher perks like Event Tanks and/or other perks that will entice lower skilled clans to get better in Silver League to advance to gold league competition. Lockout requirements would be on.

Silver League Requirements would involve clans with 1100 ELO or lower would play on the map for gold payout of 120 per province to 240 per province there will be no Event Tanks for this League but possibly low end perks, but Lockout requirements would be off ( this can be up for discussion )  any clan that advances to Gold League standards would not advance to gold league till the next season not to interfere with what they have earned on the map that going season.

I think this would bring a lot more competition in the CW arena, clans use the excuse if they have 8s and 6s they will never advance to 10s. This is a good way to make that happen, it will also bring lower skilled clans to the table and hopefully move CW to a more positive objective, Im sure im going to get the big clans to tout this, frankly dont care, but the current CW climent doesnt work, it doesnt help with developing lower skilled clans into a real fighting force to take on the larger more skilled clans, I believe this is a good answer to that challenge.

Thanks for your time.

dominator_98 #2 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 16:36

Major

• -Players-
  • 19878 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS
Not a bad idea IMO. A hard skill requirement is definitely needed, otherwise WONKA will just drop down and sit on the entire 120-240 section of the map like they did last season. The only issue I see is that clans with 1050 ELO will have a hard time getting that extra 50 ELO to get moved up because the ELO gains from beating 5-6 850 ELO clans are very minimal and could easily be rigged to throw one out of every 6 matches to stay under 1100.

Devildog8 #3 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 16:48

Major

• Players
  • 10128 battles
  • [RSHRK] RSHRK

View Postdominator_98, on Apr 12 2018 - 09:36, said:

Not a bad idea IMO. A hard skill requirement is definitely needed, otherwise WONKA will just drop down and sit on the entire 120-240 section of the map like they did last season. The only issue I see is that clans with 1050 ELO will have a hard time getting that extra 50 ELO to get moved up because the ELO gains from beating 5-6 850 ELO clans are very minimal and could easily be rigged to throw one out of every 6 matches to stay under 1100.

Yeah there will always be some clans that will try and do things to keep them where they are, But I believe those clans will be smelled out and wont be good for them, the reason I ask for this suggestion is because in this CW the lower gold payout were supposed to be for the lower clans, at least thats what it said in the WG announcement, as you can see that isnt the case, I believe this will be a fair opportunity for lower skilled clans to gain experience and learn better team play in tier 10s, the ones that abuse the system, of course there will always be those that will try I believe will only hurt themselves in the long run and their clan, We want to improve we want to be gold caliber, but we are losing valuable teaching moments when we fight the higher skilled clans where a battle lasts 2 mins with a 15-2 or 15-3 blowouts, not saying that wont happen in Silver League but I believe the competition will be closer and help lower skilled clans learn better.

dominator_98 #4 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 16:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 19878 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS
True. You don't learn anything from getting rolled by a team 2-3x your WN8.

GeorgePreddy #5 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 17:03

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

You guys didn't get the memo ?

Klown Wartz is ded.  That's right D-E-D... ded.

Devildog8 #6 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 17:04

Major

• Players
  • 10128 battles
  • [RSHRK] RSHRK

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Apr 12 2018 - 10:03, said:

In its current form? Yes  I think this suggestion will change that IMO

MacDaddyMatty #7 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 17:19

Major

• -Players-
  • 25695 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

- Bring back Tier 6, 8 and 10 CW. All 15v15.

- Skew the rewards based on clan+player rankings.

-- A top 30 clan cannot compete in tier 6 or 8.

-- low (bad) clans and players competing in tier 8+10 get a lot of gold.

-- high (good) clans and players competing in tier 8 get little of no gold depending on rating.

This will create natural selection and allow competition at appropriate levels.

YMMV

Edited by MacDaddyMatty, Apr 12 2018 - 17:20.

Devildog8 #8 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 18:23

Major

• Players
  • 10128 battles
  • [RSHRK] RSHRK
sorry guys didnt realize I put as a poll only topic, it is fixed

Devildog8 #9 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 18:43

Major

• Players
  • 10128 battles
  • [RSHRK] RSHRK

View Postdominator_98, on Apr 12 2018 - 09:36, said:

. The only issue I see is that clans with 1050 ELO will have a hard time getting that extra 50 ELO to get moved up because the ELO gains from beating 5-6 850 ELO clans are very minimal and could easily be rigged to throw one out of every 6 matches to stay under 1100.

Yeah its not expected for clans to move up in one season, the goal is to entice lower skilled clans to improve over all, I dont think one season will do that imo, but also depends on how long the season will last, Its a trial by error, as it moves forward I believe tweeks can be done to help advance the cause.

Edited by Devildog8, Apr 12 2018 - 18:43.

dominator_98 #10 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 19:11

Major

• -Players-
  • 19878 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Apr 12 2018 - 10:03, said:

Spent 3 hours fighting on the map last night. Doesn’t seem too dead to me . . .

Devildog8 #11 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 19:14

Major

• Players
  • 10128 battles
  • [RSHRK] RSHRK

View Postdominator_98, on Apr 12 2018 - 12:11, said:

Spent 3 hours fighting on the map last night. Doesn’t seem too dead to me . . .

Not dead but for sure need to open more landings then they do 

dominator_98 #12 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 19:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 19878 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View PostDevildog8, on Apr 12 2018 - 12:14, said:

Not dead but for sure need to open more landings then they do 

You don’t need to take land to earn gold. NUFFS made over 100k last season without holding a province for more than 24 hours. There’s plenty of gold to be earned just from the missions that can be completed in landing tournaments. Less landings means more applications per landing and therefore more fights in each landing tournament.

Devildog8 #13 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 19:32

Major

• Players
  • 10128 battles
  • [RSHRK] RSHRK

View Postdominator_98, on Apr 12 2018 - 12:28, said:

You don’t need to take land to earn gold. NUFFS made over 100k last season without holding a province for more than 24 hours. There’s plenty of gold to be earned just from the missions that can be completed in landing tournaments. Less landings means more applications per landing and therefore more fights in each landing tournament.

But clans want to own land, not for the gold, but for the honor of owning it, its a good morale booster to see the 1-2 so on on your clan page, plus how much gold did you earn out of that 100K 2 dollars worth 10,20?

Was it worth your 132 hours?

Awestryker #14 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 19:52

Major

• Players
  • 25203 battles

I collect tanks, why, because I like to...usually via cash...I support the game in this way...

I have always wanted to get some of the clan wars tanks...but the time required, dear lord...I just cant seem to bring myself to even join a clan for clan wars due to the amount of time I assume one would need to spend to be part of a group trying to get tanks as a result of clan wars...especially if at the end I didn't get one, or, it required a bunch of bonds to "buy" the reward tank...

I don't even spend time worrying about the personal missions to get those tanks for the same reasons, time...if I get a mission, then great, if not that's ok too...I would like to get the personal mission tanks, but I do not want to spend the time forcing it...For instance, I utterly dislike arty. Only played arty a few times when I first started playing WoT...I dread trying to play it now to try to get personal mission tanks...

They (WG) seem to put in more road blocks than advantages...

To me, my time is worth much more...

But, I am all for anything that drives more interest in the game including clan wars, league play, etc.

Edited by Awestryker, Apr 12 2018 - 19:59.

dominator_98 #15 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 21:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 19878 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View PostDevildog8, on Apr 12 2018 - 12:32, said:

But clans want to own land, not for the gold, but for the honor of owning it, its a good morale booster to see the 1-2 so on on your clan page, plus how much gold did you earn out of that 100K 2 dollars worth 10,20?

Was it worth your 132 hours?

Eh, I see the morale point. But as for the gold question? Wrong attitude. I play clan wars because it is a fun mode, breaks the monotony of pubs, gives me an incentive to grind tanks, and allows me to play with and learn from better players. It's not about the gold, and the fact that things like the Community League exist shows that there's plenty of people who feel the same. The ~1500 in gold and 4050 gold worth of camos I got are just a nice perk, and personally I'd play CW for no reward if it wasn't a credit drain.

Even if I was earning MAHOU level gold payouts, it would still be more efficient to put half that much time into a job and just buy gold. CW shouldn't be about something any kid can buy with money earned for doing a couple hours of chores for mommy.

dominator_98 #16 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 21:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 19878 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View PostAwestryker, on Apr 12 2018 - 12:52, said:

I have always wanted to get some of the clan wars tanks...but the time required, dear lord...I just cant seem to bring myself to even join a clan for clan wars due to the amount of time I assume one would need to spend to be part of a group trying to get tanks as a result of clan wars...especially if at the end I didn't get one, or, it required a bunch of bonds to "buy" the reward tank...

They (WG) seem to put in more road blocks than advantages...

To me, my time is worth much more...

But, I am all for anything that drives more interest in the game including clan wars, league play, etc.

The last campaign was the worst that I am aware of by far. But with your recents, you wouldn't have to sink that much time into it to qualify. I know guys in YOUJO who said that people who played 5 battles got a tank, and a friend in HARMZ was on the map every night and barely qualified, all due to the difference in the clan multiplier. (I feel this is very wrong, but campaign fame points are a whole separate topic). You're somewhere in-between and it wouldn't take that much time for you to get a tank in a clan like NUFFS (hint hint). 2 hours 2 nights a week would likely get you a 907, assuming the next campaign is similar to the previous few.

Realign #17 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 21:44

Captain

• Players
  • 27851 battles
  • [RS] RS

Please add a 'I'm not sure' or middle-ground option to your poll.

The changes to CW since they started seasons is interesting and somewhat accomplishes the idea of rewarding more than just the tippy top clans.  It is right and good that the very best clans that are still active, like Mahou can convincingly take first, but clans like ours that are active but not in that league are still able to finish top 15 through accomplishing the missions and playing a lot.

Clan wars of yea olde times (not africa, I don't go back quite that far), had amount of land you could hold limited with chips and such, but there was a lot of land.  Nearly any decent clan could hold some lower paying land, while of course your top 10 or so clans raked in the money.  However, it was frequently extremmmely static with no real incentive for the top clans to make moves on each other.  Now there have been iterations where clans can physically hold massive swathes of land which prompted a little more activity?  Yet that doesn't give a ton of room to clans say 15-30th. 

Tier 6 and 8 was terrible (At least the way it was actually implemented).  Did any clans really make jumps from 6 to 8 to 10 during this as was intended?  Mostly it was people just sitting in the bracket they wished and a lot of t10 capable clans sitting in t8.

Clan League (separate from the map) was really cool imo.  That should have been fostered and made more accessible.  Getting people used to running vanilla clients and league game mode would have grown interest in league play.  2 cap is way more interesting than single cap.  Of course that interest would be moot since they killed bronze and silver league lol.  My hats off to the people who play in the community league and the credits they burn.  It probably wouldn't be practical from a manpower perspective (with having to review pythons and replays any time a clan suspected foul play) but done in a way more like a campaign this would be really cool vs. just the usual global map.

I'm not sure yet if I prefer the seasonal approach they use now, but its interesting and might be my favorite version.  I think elo separation would get weird.  I could see cases where a clan is the best before being forced into the higher elo and ping-pong back and forth which would be awkward.  I could also see that kind of clan possibly throwing games to stay right at the top of the lower elo bracket instead of being the worst in the higher elo.

Devildog8 #18 Posted Apr 12 2018 - 22:51

Major

• Players
  • 10128 battles
  • [RSHRK] RSHRK

View PostRealign, on Apr 12 2018 - 14:44, said:

I'm not sure yet if I prefer the seasonal approach they use now, but its interesting and might be my favorite version.  I think elo separation would get weird.  I could see cases where a clan is the best before being forced into the higher elo and ping-pong back and forth which would be awkward.  I could also see that kind of clan possibly throwing games to stay right at the top of the lower elo bracket instead of being the worst in the higher elo.

I understand your questions. Right now you have 95 clans on the global map, some full time some part time, some with a few battles and have decided to let it go which would bring those numbers down, last season we had 165 clans on the point board so almost 50% reduction in participation in the current CW format, reason for it is its not fun, yes there could be clans that ping pong back and forth between gold and silver league, but it wont be happening in mid season, so tho a clan may be in silver one season and gold the next I still believe the competition between the Leagues would be better by far, even the few perks you gain off today's season is murky at best, low skill clans just dont rack up those special perks to really counter the time spent playing 4-5 hours a night 34 days straight.

I see a lot of clans that fall in the 1100 elo standing or below that do very well in today's season, take Harm, they have owned land this season and I believe if they went from silver to gold could be competitive in that arena and many more for that matter, so I think the silver tops graduating into gold would I believe they would enter and be at the bottom of the board? matter of fact I really dont see that happening at all as much as these clans play and accumulate points and land on the current scale of competition now so were assuming a little here, I think the separation of ELO on the map would breed stronger tier 10 clans, the fighting would be closer and a lot of clans would learn more then the blowout situations they are left with in today's CWs that I feel and others is not a healthy environment for this modes growth. 

Devildog8 #19 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 18:03

Major

• Players
  • 10128 battles
  • [RSHRK] RSHRK
Yeses are coming good 17-1 so far I still think this is a good idea

Devildog8 #20 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 11:55

Major

• Players
  • 10128 battles
  • [RSHRK] RSHRK
bump this for hopefully more discussion or ideas