Jump to content


Make Premium Ammo cost 5x more silver

premium ammo

  • Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Flarvin #21 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 15:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 49665 battles
  • 11,812
  • Member since:
    03-29-2013

View PostBigNaturals, on Apr 13 2018 - 08:57, said:

 

dont care 

tired of giving free handouts 

 

 

 

What does you “giving free handouts” have to do with prem ammo? 

 

Do you let tanks that fire prem ammo at you, kill you? 



BigNaturals #22 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 15:21

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 47184 battles
  • 2,231
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    10-03-2011

View PostFlarvin, on Apr 13 2018 - 08:02, said:

 

What does you “giving free handouts” have to do with prem ammo? 

 

Do you let tanks that fire prem ammo at you, kill you? 

 

i can care less who fires what at me cause its in the game for everyone to use its your choice if you dont use it PERIOD!!!!!  And yes gold ammo is handed out cause when it was gold for gold only  The server didnt have as much so you guys cried like babies to allow it to be bought with silver so WG gave in and here we are again players crying cause to many use it now.  Its the players fault for doing this so blame your self not WG for the Gold spam. I said this back when all this was being bitched about it would be a gold spam [edited]in the next few years and here we are.  I can kill type5's without gold  i can kill a maus with out gold 

 

what the hell do you think would happen????????

 

 

gold for gold means you buy gold to use it or EARN some gold in your clan and tourneys, not handed out

 

 

silver you can make without a premium account or premium tank. so yes its a free handout for gold ammo


Edited by BigNaturals, Apr 13 2018 - 15:21.


sleeper_agent #23 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 15:25

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 17711 battles
  • 1,159
  • Member since:
    06-19-2013

ammo is good the way it is.

 

OP wants to break it and then complain for real when it is.



Kliphie #24 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 15:26

    Major

  • Players
  • 29482 battles
  • 2,301
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    07-20-2012

View PostBigNaturals, on Apr 13 2018 - 09:21, said:

silver you can make without a premium account or premium tank. so yes its a free handout for gold ammo

 

These 2 phrases contradict each other.  

 

 



Flarvin #25 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 15:29

    Major

  • Players
  • 49665 battles
  • 11,812
  • Member since:
    03-29-2013

View PostBigNaturals, on Apr 13 2018 - 09:21, said:

 

i can care less who fires what at me cause its in the game for everyone to use its your choice if you dont use it PERIOD!!!!!  And yes gold ammo is handed out cause when it was gold for gold only  The server didnt have as much so you guys cried like babies to allow it to be bought with silver so WG gave in and here we are again players crying cause to many use it now.  Its the players fault for doing this so blame your self not WG for the Gold spam. I said this back when all this was being bitched about it would be a gold spam [edited]in the next few years and here we are.  I can kill type5's without gold  i can kill a maus with out gold 

 

what the hell do you think would happen????????

 

 

gold for gold means you buy gold to use it or EARN some gold in your clan and tourneys, not handed out

 

 

silver you can make without a premium account or premium tank. so yes its a free handout for gold ammo

 

Blame myself for gold spam?  lol

 

I have no problem with the current use of prem ammo. And prefer it to pay to win version of before. 

 

You are not giving out free handouts as implied in your post before. You are just whining about something you don’t agree with WG over. 

 

Plus there are no “free handouts” in WoT. WG wants players money and time. Even players that have spent zero on WoT, provide WG with their time. 



BigNaturals #26 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 15:33

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 47184 battles
  • 2,231
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    10-03-2011

View PostKliphie, on Apr 13 2018 - 08:26, said:

 

These 2 phrases contradict each other.  

 

 

 

let me put it so a scrub can understand it.

you can buy gold rounds without ever spending a dime on this game and it shouldnt be like that. 

 

so all these posts about gold ammo is plain stupid because its THERE FOR EVERYONE TO USE if you dont use it its your own damn fault.  will you take a knife to a gun fight prolly not?



Flarvin #27 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 15:37

    Major

  • Players
  • 49665 battles
  • 11,812
  • Member since:
    03-29-2013

View PostBigNaturals, on Apr 13 2018 - 09:33, said:

 

let me put it so a scrub can understand it.

you can buy gold rounds without ever spending a dime on this game and it shouldnt be like that. 

 

 

Someone does not understand the free to play business model. lol



Kliphie #28 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 15:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 29482 battles
  • 2,301
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    07-20-2012

View PostBigNaturals, on Apr 13 2018 - 09:33, said:

 

let me put it so a scrub can understand it.

you can buy gold rounds without ever spending a dime on this game and it shouldnt be like that. 

 

so all these posts about gold ammo is plain stupid because its THERE FOR EVERYONE TO USE if you dont use it its your own damn fault.  will you take a knife to a gun fight prolly not?

 

Evidently, the folks at WG didn't want to continue with that business model.  I'm happy to pay them money to decrease grind time.  If they felt they could earn money by changing that model they would. 

BigNaturals #29 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 15:39

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 47184 battles
  • 2,231
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    10-03-2011

View PostFlarvin, on Apr 13 2018 - 08:29, said:

 

Blame myself for gold spam?  lol

 

I have no problem with the current use of prem ammo. And prefer it to pay to win version of before. 

 

You are not giving out free handouts as implied in your post before. You are just whining about something you don’t agree with WG over. 

 

Plus there are no “free handouts” in WoT. WG wants players money and time. Even players that have spent zero on WoT, provide WG with their time. 

 

the players that bitched to have it switched to gold for silver are to blame

 

i have no issue with current system either i have over 150 mill credits i spam gold all day long but i still buy gold and other stuff every week and have done so since 2011

 

gold rounds for silver is a handout to a extent 

 

and yes WG does give out freebies, they have gave me many free tanks from a ISU130 to a PZ5/4 just last fall and xmas gifts every year



leon_phelps #30 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 17:44

    Major

  • Players
  • 34310 battles
  • 3,267
  • Member since:
    03-25-2012

View PostBigNaturals, on Apr 13 2018 - 13:54, said:

Guess what it was you the pubbies / scrubs that yelled at WG to allow Gold rounds to be able to be bought with silver, and look now your yelling again.

 

Should have just left it the way it was gold for gold only. Non supporting/paying players shouldnt have access to anything that costs real money period

When prem rounds eere for gold only you rarely seen them fired in pub matches only reason they made it for silvet poor clans were crying top clans had a advantage because they couldnt afford to shoot gold for clan wars. Now its shot daying hope like they hinted may go back to gold only



RoIito #31 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 18:01

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 10478 battles
  • 492
  • [TNKGG] TNKGG
  • Member since:
    12-23-2016

View PostBigNaturals, on Apr 13 2018 - 08:57, said:

 

dont care 

tired of giving free handouts. Its just like any other game wanna play pay up sucka. if you cant afford a game then you shouldnt be playing video games period.

Just cause i bought a new Harley doesnt mean you should get one for free. Everyone wants a trophy these days and not earn it

 

 

 

 

So you are one of those pathetic "players" that in order to feel useful in a miserable videogame needs to pay.

Blastyourasst #32 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 18:10

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 16425 battles
  • 8
  • [-THB-] -THB-
  • Member since:
    06-12-2016

If matchmaking was all single tier, It would alleviate the majority of the Gold round debate.  most tanks are well balanced within their tier.  Heavily armored tanks get flanked by faster tanks....that is how the game should work.

 


 


 



BigNaturals #33 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 18:16

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 47184 battles
  • 2,231
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    10-03-2011

View PostRoIito, on Apr 13 2018 - 11:01, said:

 

So you are one of those pathetic "players" that in order to feel useful in a miserable videogame needs to pay.

 

every game i have played since 1999 online had to be bought 55 to 100 per game, Call of duty etc   and its my choice to pay for my hobby  "not broke dont care peasant"

 

you players that dont support or pay should have no say in the game at all or give feedback. 

 

your welcome for your free game without me you wouldnt have a game to play.  



FluffyBadBad #34 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 18:21

    Captain

  • Players
  • 27780 battles
  • 1,765
  • Member since:
    10-21-2011

they are apparently removing gold for ammo according to the common test server video.

 

we wont be able to call it "shooting gold" any more!



BigNaturals #35 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 18:30

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 47184 battles
  • 2,231
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    10-03-2011

View PostFluffyBadBad, on Apr 13 2018 - 11:21, said:

they are apparently removing gold for ammo according to the common test server video.

 

we wont be able to call it "shooting gold" any more!

 

no its only able to be bought with silver   "testing the economy and see how bad it breaks it and players"  you will go broke faster than you know shooting gold rounds for silver, pretty much making everyone play strongholds and skirmishes to make that silver

Edited by BigNaturals, Apr 13 2018 - 18:32.


Mikosah #36 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 18:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 17534 battles
  • 3,602
  • Member since:
    01-24-2013

Let's suppose WG did multiply the cost of code 22 several-fold. For one, players who have ***loads of credits to spare could still spam code 22 without remorse. Also this would be a punishment to newer players who may actually need it to deal with the unholy trinity of corridor maps, overbuffed armor, and being bottom tier. So simply increasing the price is a poor solution to this problem.

 

The two solutions that make more sense are A: to make prominent frontal weakspots a thing again, and B: rework premium ammo to cost the same as standard shells but have less alpha and module damage to compensate for the higher pen. If both were put into effect, that would be even better. Not only would code 22 be less necessary because you can just shoot the weakspot, but regular rounds are an even sweeter deal because they'd also have the alpha advantage. As of the poor heavies who may be threatened by this new meta, if need be buff their hit points. 



Ericmopar #37 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 18:50

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 848 battles
  • 247
  • Member since:
    04-10-2017

View PostJustNotFatal, on Apr 13 2018 - 06:49, said:

I don't need prem ammo costing more silver. I don't make enough money as it is.

 

And I don't use premium unless I absolutely have to.

 

It's a scam.

The people that want it to cost 5X more, are actually wallet warriors with deep pockets, that can afford to keep buying the pramo, while the rest of us suffer.

 

Remember folks, a person can buy silver just as easily as gold...


Edited by Ericmopar, Apr 13 2018 - 18:52.


QuicksilverJPR #38 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 19:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 23803 battles
  • 3,678
  • [RPG] RPG
  • Member since:
    01-17-2013

View PostuZiq, on Apr 12 2018 - 23:43, said:

It's too painless to just switch to premium ammo whenever I encounter a tank with armor.  Make premium ammo cost 5X as much silver, and I won't be able to earn as much unless I use less premium ammo.  I think this would help tanks with more armor like the heavy german lines, and the is4 line.

 

Back when it only cost gold I never used it.  Then when silver was hard to come by I only used it some.  I also didn't get hit with it as much.  But now with the credit boosts and all the missions and campaign silver rewards, the silver cost of premium ammo is no longer painful.  I'm using it more, and the people shooting me are also using it more.

 

Posted Image

diego999 #39 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 20:43

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 31211 battles
  • 4,698
  • [-4K-] -4K-
  • Member since:
    11-22-2010
My tier 8 tanks would love this. Being in tier X battles all the time isn't hard enough.

_Gungrave_ #40 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 20:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 39488 battles
  • 13,191
  • [JGRN] JGRN
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011

View Postleon_phelps, on Apr 13 2018 - 17:44, said:

When prem rounds eere for gold only you rarely seen them fired in pub matches only reason they made it for silvet poor clans were crying top clans had a advantage because they couldnt afford to shoot gold for clan wars. Now its shot daying hope like they hinted may go back to gold only

 

They didn't hint anything as that was them throwing random ideas out there. WG knows they can't go back to gold only because they've practically balanced the game around gold ammo with many tanks requiring the use of gold ammo if you even want to have a chance of penning them.





Also tagged with premium, ammo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users