Possible "Wall Hack" Glitch. Seriously.

Glitch Wall Hack Bug

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Thunder_GP #1 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 05:43

Private

• -Players-
  • 4628 battles

Ok, this just happened. Not using any mods on my client. I am linking a unlisted YouTube video and uploading the replay for review. This is my own account. I dont know what caused it, but should report this if it is either a map bug or any minor/major issue. Kind of bothered me, dont want to get banned if this becomes an issue.

Spoiler (Replay) ***Edit: Have to re-upload (Link broken)

Spoiler (YouTube Video)

Edited by Thunder_GP, Apr 13 2018 - 06:23.

Hellsfog #2 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 06:06

Major

• Players
  • 32249 battles
  • [D-O-S] D-O-S
The link to your replay is broken.   On the youtube video, I did not see anyone shoot you through a rock or you shoot anyone through a rock.  You're going to need to be more specific than "OMG! hack.". There are, however, some places the textures are bugged so it looks like you are shooting through the very side of a hill or rock.  It doesn't look like that is happening here. 

Edited by Hellsfog, Apr 13 2018 - 06:07.

Thunder_GP #3 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 06:21

Private

• -Players-
  • 4628 battles
I will try uploading the replay again tomorrow; I'm tired. I also figured when uploading this, it would have be broken due to the "make replay available by link" option upon uploading. In terms of the defining this glitch and or bug, that is what I meant; the textures glitches or is broken when I played this game. As far as my knowledge the ability to be seeing the outline of a tank behind solid cover has only been described by me to/ be known as a wall hack. I am not trying to say directly that "I am hacking" or "somebody is hacking" while I was playing this game. It's my own account, I was playing, this is not a report for any illegal actions; just a report of a bug that I really don't know how to describe other than being similar to how a wall hack would work.

xrays_ #4 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 06:28

Major

• Players
  • 46913 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

I would say it's probably just a glitch in the model for the rock, as you couldn't readily repeat the incident. I suggest going into a training room with a friend and investigating further to see if you can shoot through the space, but it could be just one or two pixels - if it is anything more than a temporary de-sync in the game.

Remember, this is an internet game, data needs to flow through multiple points before results occur, and it is possible to have data corruption somewhere along the line. What you witnessed could simply be a random appearance of a tank's outline, and nothing more. It could also be a "hole" in the rock that's not visible.

x.

JakeTheMystic #5 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 06:43

Captain

• Players
  • 20872 battles
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS
I would bet its just a camera glitch that exposed the outline of his tank even though there was nothing there. 

pirate1483 #6 Posted Apr 22 2018 - 21:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 48126 battles
  • [UAW] UAW

Are you saying that you can see the red outline behind the rock? This is the way the mechanics work. No hack. Sometimes an enemy will have just their barrel sticking out and you can get a full outline. Doesn't mean you can hit them, just silhouettes them. Its your job to figure out where to shoot, if they are exposed, or even if you can hit them behind an object.

pirate1483 #7 Posted Apr 22 2018 - 21:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 48126 battles
  • [UAW] UAW

View Postpirate1483, on Apr 22 2018 - 12:13, said:

Are you saying that you can see the red outline behind the rock? This is the way the mechanics work. No hack. Sometimes an enemy will have just their barrel sticking out and you can get a full outline. Doesn't mean you can hit them, just silhouettes them. Its your job to figure out where to shoot, if they are exposed, or even if you can hit them behind an object.

Ahh I see now. Yes you did get the Cromwell to light behind the rock. Like xrays said, probably a data stream glitch. Lots of info flowing at any second.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users