• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Gnomon #1 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 18:08

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 778 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Hey, Tankers! 

As many of you are aware, today we are launching the first Common Test of Update 1.0.1. This Common Test builds on the recent visual improvements with a host of new content.

Here is a brief run-down: 

Update 1.0.1 Common Test

For more detailed information, please check out our portal article here: Update 1.0.1 Common Test

Please provide your feedback about this CT here, as every bit helps! 

See you all on the battlefield! 

dominator_98 #2 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 18:46

Major

• -Players-
  • 19878 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

Looking foreword to Frontline! 5 man platoons will make tier 8 great again! (Hopefully).

Timing is a pity, since I’ll be grinding the Progetto missions instead of playing the test server.

Striker_70 #3 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 19:16

Major

• Players
  • 19582 battles
Nice I'll definitely be playing Frontline again.  That was fun.

hllrbrn #4 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 19:18

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22254 battles

Hello Gnomon

Wish WG the best in their endeavors in addressing the "problem" problem of premium rounds in a future patch. Indeed the forum is rife with players complaining about Premium shells. 

The developers realize that the prevalence of use of premium rounds are not indicative of a problem with the premium rounds themselves but  a direct result of the corridorization of maps and the introduction of super heavy tanks?  

Correct? They do realize that right?  

If you  simply reduce the damage that premium rounds cause, which appears to be a popular fix, leave maps and super heavies the same,  it would be a blatant cash grab to cause players to shoot MORE premium rounds causing them to buy more premium time and premium tanks. 

Love the game, play a lot but, speaking for myself who spends more money than I should on this game, a poorly executed "fix" to premium rounds may be the final straw that pushes me and like minded players from this game.

IntenseTanker #5 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 19:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 12801 battles
I can already taste the salt from gold flingers. I'll be honest I'm one of them and some tanks need gold to kill so removing the ability to buy them with money is a pretty big epic fail on Wargaming's part and I can't wait to see the train wreck this'll turn out to be. 

Edited by IntenseTanker, Apr 13 2018 - 19:39.

dominator_98 #6 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 19:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 19878 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View PostIntenseTanker, on Apr 13 2018 - 12:26, said:

I can already taste the salt from gold flingers. I'll be honest' I'm one of them and some tanks need gold to kill so removing the ability to buy them with money is a pretty big epic fail on Wargaming's part and I can't wait to see the train wreck this'll turn out to be. 

I fail to see how removing the ability to pay gold for premium ammo is a fail. Nobody buys them with gold except on accident anyways. What will be a fail is if they simply make premium rounds do less alpha and cost less, without adding weakspots to tanks like the Type 4/5, Chrysler K, Defender, 268-4, Maus, VK 100.01P, O-I, AT 8, . . . The list goes on.

Ophrys12 #7 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 20:11

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8851 battles

View PostIntenseTanker, on Apr 13 2018 - 14:26, said:

I can already taste the salt from gold flingers. I'll be honest I'm one of them and some tanks need gold to kill so removing the ability to buy them with money is a pretty big epic fail on Wargaming's part and I can't wait to see the train wreck this'll turn out to be. 

Step 1 - Buy gold.

Step 2 - Convert gold into credits (top right).

Step 3 - Buy "premium" ammunition with credits.

This switch is just an interim step. The real change will be when WG starts playing with pen/dmg values.

So if you think people will be salty for not being able to buy premium rounds with "gold". I can't wait to see how people will react when they see their high penetration APCR or HEAT rounds deal -15 to -20% damage. In fact, doing this is brilliant, in terms of game development. Because sure you'll be able to pen your shots, but instead of killing the same tank in 5 rounds, it'll now cost you 6 rounds or even 7 (with bad RNG).

Edited by Ophrys12, Apr 13 2018 - 20:14.

tod914 #8 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 20:15

Major

• Players
  • 57643 battles

Could somebody post the link as to where to Download the test client?  Can't seem to find it.

Thanks.

CabbageMechanic #9 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 21:24

Senior Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 8259 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Posttod914, on Apr 13 2018 - 11:15, said:

Could somebody post the link as to where to Download the test client?  Can't seem to find it.

Thanks.

Right here

tod914 #10 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 23:06

Major

• Players
  • 57643 battles
Thank you Cabbage.  Kudos on the new line.  I've only tried the 8-10 thus far, and they are quite enjoyable.  Don't beat them down with the nerf bat before release please.  :)    Looking forward to pursuing them.

Edited by tod914, Apr 13 2018 - 23:06.

RF_Van #11 Posted Apr 14 2018 - 00:31

Captain

• Players
  • 10580 battles
Nice to see you guys bring back the Province map. That was one of my favorite maps when I started this game.

Tupinambis #12 Posted Apr 14 2018 - 04:18

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 35693 battles
I don't want to sound whiny, but yo, are we seriously going two full patches without *ANY* game balance changes?

The stuff in the test so far looks good..... but also, like, does WG seriously think its a good idea to dump tanks like the O268V4 into the game and then not bother making any vehicle balance changes at all for at least the next  6 months? That's probably how long it will be after 9.22 came out that 1.0.2 will appear assuming no actual vehicle balance changes come late in this patch. 

Edited by Tupinambis, Apr 14 2018 - 04:19.

Spotify_Premium #13 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 01:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 23188 battles
  • [SOYUZ] SOYUZ

After playing a few matches in the T95e6 on the test server, I have to say that the improvements make it better, but are not the actual solution to the problem. Changing the giant, soft hatch on the roof is. The solution has already been proven with the M48 Patton. You switched the turret from the A1 to the A5, and the tank instantly became better without changing other parameters of the tank.

I would recommend keeping the mobility and accuracy buffs, but then instead of increasing DPM, do something about the turret. It will consistently under-perform compared to other mediums as long as that hatch is there. I would recommend a similar change to the M60 as well. Although I don't own that tank, I can imagine it suffers from the same problem.

Edited by Spotify_Premium, Apr 15 2018 - 01:41.

enjineer #14 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 20:28

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 43741 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
Screw just stopping being able to buy prem ammo with gold, just do away with it or limit it's usage.  The prem spam and the fact that tanks are being balanced around it is stupid.

pilgrim2223 #15 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 11:03

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21934 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

CT- the Italian tanks are OP from tier 8 onward, good mobility, good armor if angled and good speed. auto loader is superior to the normal auto loaders if you remember to reload before last shell, i.e. dont fire last shell unless you really have to.

Not seen Province yet but a welcome return if the changes allow more tactical play.(just played Province, it still lends itself to ridge against ridge shooting but with a bigger map profile it has allowed for faster tanks to get in to position to spot quicker, i would still not take a tank in to the valley unless you have serious cover from your team mates, getting across in to shooting positions where the old snakes path used to be on both ends of the map is going to be a medium tanks happy place) Map rotation seems to go in phases of the same couple of maps for 6-7 times then a random thrown in.

Long and slow game loading times compared to the normal 1.0 game, maybe due to players from all over the world logging to one server.

Even with low ping, 32/40 some teleporting has happened with lower tier game play.

Graphics package seem stable after initial load in where the graphics of rocks and some tanks are blocky.

Prem ammo will still be bought using credits and for those with the money, gold converted to credits will still buy prem rounds?

Pilgrim

Edited by pilgrim2223, Apr 16 2018 - 18:26.

Spotify_Premium #16 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 01:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 23188 battles
  • [SOYUZ] SOYUZ

View Postpilgrim2223, on Apr 16 2018 - 10:03, said:

CT- the Italian tanks are OP from tier 8 onward, good mobility, good armor if angled and good speed. auto loader is superior to the normal auto loaders if you remember to reload before last shell, i.e. dont fire last shell unless you really have to.

Please don't listen to the troll. QuickyBaby did an honestly good review of the tank. The video is long because he does a replay, but his review of the tank is accurate and I'm confident the community agrees as the video has almost no dislikes. The Progetto 65 is quite lacking from my own experience on the test server as well.  https://youtu.be/-LCwJ94XE5g

pilgrim2223 #17 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 18:29

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21934 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View PostSpotify_Premium, on Apr 17 2018 - 01:25, said:

Please don't listen to the troll. QuickyBaby did an honestly good review of the tank. The video is long because he does a replay, but his review of the tank is accurate and I'm confident the community agrees as the video has almost no dislikes. The Progetto 65 is quite lacking from my own experience on the test server as well.  https://youtu.be/-LCwJ94XE5g

Awww, you spoilt my fun :trollface:

BluntedBaboon #18 Posted Apr 19 2018 - 19:39

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22450 battles

View Posthllrbrn, on Apr 13 2018 - 14:18, said:

The developers realize that the prevalence of use of premium rounds are not indicative of a problem with the premium rounds themselves but  a direct result of the corridorization of maps and the introduction of super heavy tanks?  

Correct? They do realize that right? 

I hope they do, as that is the reason premium rounds are fired. To crack a tank that is sniping and unbeatable from range with regular AP rounds. With 14 other tanks on the enemy, you can't just say flank the single (not likely single, probably 3-4-5) super heavily armored tanks. To flank is killing multiple enemies successfully and then hoping the heavily armored tank doesn't reposition or has already derped your holding force away. A lot of ifs to defeat a single tank with regular rounds.

View Postdominator_98, on Apr 13 2018 - 14:37, said:

I fail to see how removing the ability to pay gold for premium ammo is a fail. Nobody buys them with gold except on accident anyways. What will be a fail is if they simply make premium rounds do less alpha and cost less, without adding weakspots to tanks like the Type 4/5, Chrysler K, Defender, 268-4, Maus, VK 100.01P, O-I, AT 8, . . . The list goes on.

Like to echo this, produce tanks with weak spots like tanks of old WoT (first 4-5 years) all had obvious weak spots to shoot at. New tanks literally have nothing, except maybe a cupola you might hit 50% of the time, and pen 25% of the time.

View PostTupinambis, on Apr 13 2018 - 23:18, said:

I don't want to sound whiny, but yo, are we seriously going two full patches without *ANY* game balance changes?

The stuff in the test so far looks good..... but also, like, does WG seriously think its a good idea to dump tanks like the O268V4 into the game and then not bother making any vehicle balance changes at all for at least the next  6 months? That's probably how long it will be after 9.22 came out that 1.0.2 will appear assuming no actual vehicle balance changes come late in this patch. 

And there you go, this is why we shoot premium, you don't fix the real problem. Decent and good players play these heavily armored tanks well and will block thousands of damage every game. Bad players will play these tanks, not block anything, be shot with premium because they play OP tank, and then complain it is because premium killed them. Not playing with no support, rushing, or playing alone bush camping till their whole team is dead. I love people who complain about premium when in fact regular AP would pen their tank anyway, so does it really matter another player is just wasting credits? He'd pen you anyway.

NeinCat #19 Posted Apr 21 2018 - 00:42

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3457 battles
  • [-SDS-] -SDS-
Please give the Italian tanks the ability to actually change their ammunition types without having to do a full reload...sigh

Sunder_of_Zephii #20 Posted Apr 22 2018 - 16:11

Private

• -Players-
  • 11495 battles

I think APCR should have it's silver price lowered, aim-circle removed for pinpoint guaranteed accurate shots, keep dmg par with AP shells, AND UNTIL they nerf some super armoured tanks armour-values(Obj 268 4 and some others in its line, and Super heavies for ex.) leave the increased pen values.

Then I'll use APCR.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users