Don't bother playing the PROGETTO Mission.... Unless you're Unicorn!

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

_Brew_ #81 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 14:54

Major

• Players
  • 20630 battles
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ

The player base is not being "screwed" out of anything.  They have offered a new tank package for sale.  They are allowing you to earn progressively higher discounts just for playing the game over the next two weeks.  The goal of the marketing is to:

1) Get people who would normally not have spent money to actually buy this thing because they see it as "discounted."  Sort of like how every weekend is a big mattress sale at the mattress warehouse.  They can afford to do that because they price it higher, then discount it to where they can still make a good profit, but get everyone to buy them because they say the words "SALE" or "CLEARANCE" or "WEEKEND SPECIAL."

or

2) Get people who wanted it for free so frustrated that they give up and spend money to get it anyway figuring better to buy it now on discount than wait until later and end up paying "full price" (whatever that price may be).

I haven't seen enough of the tank to know if it is that good.  I do like the new loading system and the good power-weight ratio it has, but it will also be stuck in Tier X matches most of the time.  I'm just going to play and collect discounts until the event ends, and if I  decide that the price is low enough at that time I'll buy it.  If not, I'll just grind the line out and get almost the same tank for free after a short while playing.  The tank itself isn't really a game changer, you can get a comparable vehicle at Tier 8 in the tech tree.  Although I don't care for the huge turret profile the Tier X tank has.  Way too big of a target for poking over ridge lines.  

If I get it, I get it, if not I'll settle for the tech tree for free.  I figure most Tier VIII mediums go for between $30 and $40, so if I can get the discount below that I'll probably bite.  No big deal.

There are advantages/disadvantages to each Tier VIII Italian tank - here they are compared with Vstab, Optics, Rammer and full crew skills.

https://tanks.gg/v10...k=0.1.2.3.4.8.9

Progetto

Better reload between shells when dumping the full mag.

Better accuracy and dispersion.

Better terrain resistance.

Better view range.

-5% chance to catch fire.

extra degree of gun depression.

Pantera

Better shell velocity.

More ammo capacity.

Better power/weight ratio.

Better traverse.

Better armor.

The Progetto's advantages probably better fit my style of sniping early in the match and then zipping around and dumping rounds at close range once the enemy team is banged up, but I'm sure the Pantera will do the job adequately.  On paper, I like the Progetto more.  Do I like it $30-50 more?  No.  But if I can get the cost below $30......eh, maybe.

Blackstone #82 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 15:24

Captain

• -Players-
  • 15006 battles
  • [-IGC-] -IGC-

View PostMetalMatrix, on Apr 17 2018 - 05:49, said:

I have to laugh at all the people crying about the cry-babies, all this person said was WG said FREE TANK!!!!

I laugh at the people who cry at the cry-babies who cry at the cry-babies... So what?

and made it sound like it would be easy to get.

No they didn't. WG mad no such claim, nor hinted at it would be easy.

Instead they turned around and made the mission to get it near impossible for someone with a life.

But not impossible for someone who has a life (wife, work, etc. like myself) to at least get a 10% discount for each stage unlock. Oh, and you get free stuff along the way too. Boosters, credits, equipment, and consumables, just to name a few.

Now do not get me wrong they are in it for the money and have every right to set it up this way but instead of say FREE TANK!!!!!! they should have said, like they done in the past for other free tanks, there is a chance to get a free tank but it will be hard very hard. 

(sigh)...please read the website: https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/italian_event/

Again, WG never states it's going to be easy. Plus, if you had good reading skills, you would ascertain that you have the chance to get the tank for free. Chance, not just something for nothing.

IMHO this is one of worst Free tank missions ever

HA! Try playing the black camo tank marathon last Fall. Win conditions for practically the whole thing, and if you didn't complete the stage that day, too bad. This one? no win conditions AND you go at whatever pace you want. If you think this is hard, then you need your head examined.

at least the others you had a chance even if you had a life but again due to WQ hurting for cash they are trying to entice people to get so far and then spend the rest to finish it off.

go at whatever pace you want. So if you have a life, no worries. If you can't get all ten stages, you can AT LEAST GET A DISCOUNT. How hard is this to understand? Hurting for cash? Please tell me, have you seen the latest quarterly figures for WG? Right, I didn't think so...and neither have I.

People are complaining not because they are not getting it for free they are upset that WG continues to up the requirement for these missions from the past.

The people who are complaining are the special snowflakes who want something for nothing, like you. IT'S A MARATHON. No participation trophies here cupcake. So, either put your big boy pants on or just forget it.

If these missions were like this in the past then I think you see no one [edited]but I could be wrong. 

You are wrong. Some people complain for the sake of it...and it looks like your doing a great job at it.

Just like the last Christmas event which if you wanted those camo's you had to spend money.

No you didn't. Nobody put a gun to your or anybody's head to buy the crates. Sure, it made it easier, but it wasn't necessary. Oh BTW, last Xmas event was one of the best WG put on for WoT.  

Now I do have to give credit were credit is due and at least you got more then what you paid even though I could care less about gold and credits now.

Yes, you did get more than what you paid for in the crates. So, in that sense it was a bargain

I will try and get the free tank but if I do not finish more then likely I will pass on spending my money unless its dirt cheep. 

So why are you ranting here in the first place? If that's your decision in the end, the whole rant was unnecessary. 

Ophrys12 #83 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 15:34

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8486 battles

WG did not make this marathon so that everyone can get a free tier 8 premium tank. They made this marathon to give it free to a very few players who are either EXTREMELY good at achieving the tier 10 stage goals or who are very good players that can achieve the 300k+ base experience.

WG's true goal is to entice players with 30-50% discounts and buy the Progetto with money.

Pepino1976 #84 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 15:47

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 32110 battles

I was on vacation and missed the first few days of this event. Ugh. I can't play more then 2 or 3 hours a day average over the remaining time so I don't think realistically I can get the Progretto for free. Darn. So I set up lower goals for myself.

• Make it to stage Stage 4, which I'll complete today, is important because I'll win free Vert Stab, Gun Rammer, and Coated Optics. Saves a lot of credits.
  • Make it to Stage 7 which has the special Italian style camo. I want that.

Any Stages I make above this are gravy. When the event closes I'll just pay the $20 or less to get the Tier VIII Premium tank with it's ton of goodies. What a great deal!

I am glad this event is hard. The T-34-85M event they had was too easy and just about everyone got one for free.

Knagar #85 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 15:53

Captain

• Players
  • 20320 battles
Stage 4 gets you a pretty solid discount on the tank.

Stop saying you're being punished or screwed and get a job, you bum, and use that discount to just buy it.

Or ignore it all together and just buy it outright.

The missions are doable, so stop crying and get to work or buy it.

Sylvado #86 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 15:53

Major

• Players
  • 62803 battles
  • [LOAC] LOAC

View PostOphrys12, on Apr 17 2018 - 15:34, said:

WG did not make this marathon so that everyone can get a free tier 8 premium tank. They made this marathon to give it free to a very few players who are either EXTREMELY good at achieving the tier 10 stage goals or who are very good players that can achieve the 300k+ base experience.

WG's true goal is to entice players with 30-50% discounts and buy the Progetto with money.

As it should be.

mrmojo #87 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 15:59

Major

• Players
  • 19942 battles
  • [-LEG-] -LEG-

View PostPepino1976, on Apr 17 2018 - 22:47, said:

I was on vacation and missed the first few days of this event. Ugh. I can't play more then 2 or 3 hours a day average over the remaining time so I don't think realistically I can get the Progretto for free. Darn. So I set up lower goals for myself.

• Make it to stage Stage 4, which I'll complete today, is important because I'll win free Vert Stab, Gun Rammer, and Coated Optics. Saves a lot of credits.
  • Make it to Stage 7 which has the special Italian style camo. I want that.

Any Stages I make above this are gravy. When the event closes I'll just pay the $20 or less to get the Tier VIII Premium tank with it's ton of goodies. What a great deal!

I am glad this event is hard. The T-34-85M event they had was too easy and just about everyone got one for free.

The goodies disappear as you complete the stages.

Which seems strange because I can't remember a salesman giving me a discount then taking parts out of my computer/car/pc etc.

IronPanterloons #88 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 16:44

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2817 battles

View PostGuido1212, on Apr 14 2018 - 02:00, said:

I pretty much have a unibrow, so I'm really counting on that.

Aren't you *required* to have a unibrow if you're named Guido?

View PostUli_Roth, on Apr 14 2018 - 02:12, said:

Missions!!!! lol Work 2 hours and buy t if you want it.

My thoughts exactly. Why would I "work" at a game that's supposed to be pleasure for me? I can work at work...and then buy the tank...if I even wanted it...for free.

What? Free? That's not free if you buy it with money... Well, if somebody plays for hours and days...time does equal money doesn't it?

The hourly wage in WoT is way too low though.

View PostPepino1976, on Apr 17 2018 - 15:47, said:

And the ones who didn't get it for free (like me), noticed it had entered the normal tech tree and bought it there. I'm a-luvin' it too.

For anyone who actually enjoys these God-sent mission from Cyprus, I am sincerely and unsarcastically glad for you. It's good to get what you want. For me though, I'll play WoT for the lolz and get my goal and deadline pressures on the job.

Back to the tanks though. As far as the Italians go with their new loading system, I'll wait a while and see how the everyday workingman enjoys them. When the criticisms and praises are all balanced out I may lean toward one.

Edited by IronPanterloons, Apr 17 2018 - 16:45.

Kerosedge #89 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 17:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19772 battles
Not really trying and almost third mission thing. In a few hours of playing.

_Gungrave_ #90 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 17:22

Major

• Players
  • 41505 battles
  • [X-OUT] X-OUT

View PostKerosedge, on Apr 17 2018 - 17:11, said:

Not really trying and almost third mission thing. In a few hours of playing.

I'm guessing you'll probably end the event around 5th or MAYBE the 6th stage with your progress. After stage 6 it feels like a major roadblock as that is the halfway point.

Edited by _Gungrave_, Apr 17 2018 - 17:23.

Kerosedge #91 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 17:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19772 battles

View Post_Gungrave_, on Apr 17 2018 - 11:22, said:

I'm guessing you'll probably end the event around 5th or MAYBE the 6th stage with your progress. After stage 6 it feels like a major roadblock as that is the halfway point.

Yeah I'm not worried about it. 

MetalMatrix #92 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 11:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 39747 battles
  • [A-F] A-F

LOL this event has even gotten worse, looking thru the forums I found out you loose the items from the package as you move up the tier. wthand on top of it all there are trolls that actually support it. Are you Fen kidding me, it would be like going into a car dealership when the advertised a inflated price and then as you negotiated the price down they turn around and say. Oh btw yes we have given you a 50% discount but you only get the base model all those extras that were advertised were remove so we can give you the deal. 

Yep another fine switcheroo by WG, inflate the price with all those wonderful add-ons then turn around and tell the community you get a discount if you finish missions. Yep we are giving you a 50% discount but in actual fact its really 20% off the tank.

It just amazing how in the computer gaming world people continue to justify computer companies shady dealings that in normal circumstance in the real world they be screaming to high heaven about how they were duped and demand the Government to step in or take the company to court. 

Kevlar1972 #93 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 11:40

Major

• Players
  • 21220 battles

Wth are you talking about?

If you complete the missions up to stage 4 you get the equipment for free.

If you pay to unlock the tank before you reach stage 4 you have to buy the equipment.

There is no bait and switch.  You either work to unlock each stage and pay less money or you just pay more up front.

Avalon304 #94 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 12:53

Major

• Players
  • 18910 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostMetalMatrix, on Apr 18 2018 - 03:32, said:

LOL this event has even gotten worse, looking thru the forums I found out you loose the items from the package as you move up the tier. wthand on top of it all there are trolls that actually support it. Are you Fen kidding me, it would be like going into a car dealership when the advertised a inflated price and then as you negotiated the price down they turn around and say. Oh btw yes we have given you a 50% discount but you only get the base model all those extras that were advertised were remove so we can give you the deal. 

Yep another fine switcheroo by WG, inflate the price with all those wonderful add-ons then turn around and tell the community you get a discount if you finish missions. Yep we are giving you a 50% discount but in actual fact its really 20% off the tank.

It just amazing how in the computer gaming world people continue to justify computer companies shady dealings that in normal circumstance in the real world they be screaming to high heaven about how they were duped and demand the Government to step in or take the company to court. 

The items in the bundle disappear because theyre the items you get from completing each stage. Thats why theres a discount being applied. Complete stage 4 for instance and you get the premium day, the gun rammer, the vert stab and gun laying drive awarded to you in game. Buy the bundle before completing stage 4 and you get the equipment and premium day in the bundle.

You are not actually losing anything, your just not getting something twice.

Blackstone #95 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 13:00

Captain

• -Players-
  • 15006 battles
  • [-IGC-] -IGC-

View PostMetalMatrix, on Apr 18 2018 - 05:32, said:

Of course they're gone. You've already EARNED them up to the completed stage.You can't double-dip.  It's up to you if you want to buy the package at the discount earned up to that point, AND you still get the remainder of the unearned goodies. 

How hard is this to understand? So many people getting triggered over nothing.

Guido1212 #96 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 13:10

Major

• Players
  • 75955 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL

View PostHellsfog, on Apr 14 2018 - 16:25, said:

Op. Please nerf.

You sound like my Frau.  But I can’t do that because it’s the source of all my (admittedly minute) power.

FlyingTankRescue2015 #97 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 14:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10024 battles
  • [_RTR_] _RTR_
I'm not sure what you're talking about... everyone still has 8 days to get the Progetto 46 for free, it's just time consuming. I recommend just playing a bunch of tier 6 through 8 games depending on how good you are or if you have a favorite tank in that tier range. I just use tanks I'm pretty decent at such as my UDES 03 and my Strv 103B. Ultimate tank is teh KV-2 lol, jokes aside even the KV-2 can make you decent base exp. You should try your best using whatever time is available to play WoT and farm base exp. Heck you should try to grind a new line or something because you need the experience anyways unless you play tier 10.

leon_phelps #98 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 14:02

Major

• Players
  • 35145 battles

View Postleeuniverse, on Apr 13 2018 - 21:46, said:

Unless you're a Unicorn, or have Insomnia and can play 10-30 hours a day for two weeks thus likely giving yourself heart failure or some other major issue causing your death, don't even bother playing the mission to actually "get" the tank.

Cause you won't get it....

Wargaming yet again SCREWS 99% of the player base who aren't Unicorns.

They only care about Unicorns....  It's why almost every tank of the game is ship or ship in some way thus making you hate the game almost every time you play even when playing well.  It's why only Unicorns get all the other rewards, special tanks, lot's of gold, etc.

Everyone else, those who also play alot, who spend a lot of money on the game.... **** them, Wargaming doesn't give them ship for actually being the ones who make the game survive!

Of course, to be fair to Wargaming at least in this case, something which isn't "that" bad, they've done something actually "okay".  You could apparently play some 1+ hours a day and get 30-40% off the purchase price, which is at least something, but, please, getting the tank free is basically a marketing ploy frack you.

They turned down your ebt card didnt they

spud_tuber #99 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 18:27

Major

• Players
  • 49863 battles

View PostMetalMatrix, on Apr 18 2018 - 04:32, said:

What WG has done pricing and discount wise:

Tank ~$45

Extra junk ~$30, ~$3 a stage

Each stage grants:

-$3 from junk received for completing that stage and that junk removed from the bundle.

-$4.50 off price of tank

Nothing off price of remaining junk.

Issue:

as per usual, WG has significantly overvalued the extra junk in the bundle, at least imo and apparently in many other's opinions as well.  

Also, tank is a bit pricey for its class and tier, with only really the T-44-100 and lorr 40t in the same general price range.

Sylvado #100 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 19:15

Major

• Players
  • 62803 battles
  • [LOAC] LOAC

View PostMetalMatrix, on Apr 18 2018 - 11:32, said:

You do not lose anything the items are delivered when you complete the stage.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users