Catch Fire Every Single Match. Is this a bug?

bug

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

iamaloli #1 Posted Apr 14 2018 - 01:12

Private

• -Players-
  • 2855 battles
  • [RBQ] RBQ
My tank caught on fire in every single match today!! I'm start to think if this is a bug....

Mazati #2 Posted Apr 14 2018 - 01:21

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5322 battles

View PostPLUG_T, on Apr 14 2018 - 00:12, said:

My tank caught on fire in every single match today!! I'm start to think if this is a bug....

You have to supply some video here or you sound like you're wearing a tin hat

Hans_von_Twitchy #3 Posted Apr 14 2018 - 01:53

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 39819 battles
  • [FUWG] FUWG
Yes, I can confirm that your brain is running buggy software.

RickPatton #4 Posted Apr 14 2018 - 01:55

Captain

• -Players-
  • 33436 battles
  • [ANV] ANV
It is changing to the dry season, expect more and double up your fire extinguishers.  

GeorgePreddy #5 Posted Apr 14 2018 - 02:23

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles

Haaaa-ha !

Hyperbole is such a funny word.

iamaloli #6 Posted Apr 14 2018 - 03:41

Private

• -Players-
  • 2855 battles
  • [RBQ] RBQ

https://drive.google...fYTdruLF9wSxSPQ

I am not making this up. These are the replays and screenshots.

POLIZEI110 #7 Posted Apr 14 2018 - 07:36

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 52935 battles

View Postiamaloli, on Apr 14 2018 - 00:12, said:

The answer is RNG/MM manipulation.

This game has always been rigged, one day you almost win every match, even when you contribute nothing to the match.

The next day, you catch fire, get ammo racked and lose most matches no matter how good you do.

Winning streaks followed by losing streaks.

If you pay attention, you'll recognize a clear pattern to this game and keep this in mind....there is nothing random in a pattern.

When I can predict the out come of a match before it even starts 90% of the time, it tells me the developers are not very bright!

Fjords #8 Posted Apr 14 2018 - 09:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 8719 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View PostPOLIZEI110, on Apr 13 2018 - 22:36, said:

This game has always been rigged, one day you almost win every match, even when you contribute nothing to the match.

The next day, you catch fire, get ammo racked and lose most matches no matter how good you do.

If you pay attention, you'll recognize a clear pattern to this game and keep this in mind....there is nothing random in a pattern.

When I can predict the out come of a match before it even starts 90% of the time, it tells me the developers are not very bright!

But the fact that you're playing the game and still using their forums shows that they are very bright!

dunniteowl #9 Posted Apr 14 2018 - 14:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 23745 battles

View PostPOLIZEI110, on Apr 14 2018 - 00:36, said:

I don't normally say things like this, however, this last statement, combined with your number of battles, stats and perspective, I can tell you that you should pretty much already know how often your team is going to lose, because it's probably totally in line with your stats.  In other words, after this many battles and your stats seem to be 'plateaued' at 45%, you should be able to know which games you are going to lose soundly and which ones you might win.  Right now, though, you can count on losing 6 battles to every 4 you win, plus or minus a battle here and there.

Battle Mechanics -- Global Wiki

Crew -- Global Wiki

These will help you if you read and understand them.

@OP: depending on your tank, missions and a bit of fortune, you could conceivably be brewed up each time you play.  I can purposely light: Cromwells, Matildas, VK 30s and Crusaders with no real problem -- as long as I have a shot at their engine deck and fuel tanks.  Maybe you should try a different tank for a bit and see what happens?

Also you can reduce your chance of fires by having "Fire Fighting" as part of your crew's skills.  Additionally, having an Automatic Fire Extinguisher reduces your chance to catch fire by an additional 20% to your current resistance to matching up in flames.  Just having it on does that.  There are other things you can do to mitigate catching fire, though the best one of all is to not get hit.  Check out those links I gave to our lumbering brother and you will benefit from those bits as well.

GL, HF & HSYBF!

Nunya_000 #10 Posted Apr 14 2018 - 19:06

Major

• Players
  • 21072 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View Postiamaloli, on Apr 13 2018 - 16:12, said:

Yes, it is a bug.  You are suppose to catch fire twice every battle....the second time is usually right after you use your fire extinguisher.

M0nkE #11 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 04:59

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22213 battles
  • [SEIKO] SEIKO

View PostPOLIZEI110, on Apr 14 2018 - 06:36, said:

Quick question: have you ever taken and passed a statistics class?

Trick question, I already know that the answer is no. It would take far too much effort to rig the game the way you say, and there's no reason to believe it would accomplish anything worthwhile.

Edit: in fact, let me direct you to what's actually going on

https://en.wikipedia...f_large_numbers

https://en.wikipedia...mbler's_fallacy

https://en.wikipedia...nfirmation_bias

Edited by M0nkE, Apr 15 2018 - 05:03.

Also tagged with bug

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users