Premium rounds

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Dramatized #1 Posted Apr 14 2018 - 20:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 9496 battles

I know this is always a hot topic which is weird Wargaming doesn't actually address for 7 years now.

I don't mind the Premium(Gold) rounds being in the game, but being it actually ruins the game and wargaming is proving to everyone year after year and acknowledging at times, you can not balance the game around the premium rounds and having horrible issues with figuring out how to balance armor.   Why don't you raise the cost of the rounds?  Like.....Extremely high.   Hey you want to pen, you have to pay the price, otherwise learn how to play the game and stop ruining the game for everyone else.   This benefits both players and Wargaming.  Players will have to learn how to shoot people or play their tanks correctly the way you made them to be played, or pay the high cost, while other players can not feel they wasted their time playing a slow armored, but not really because prem rounds, tank..   Benefits Wargaming because yes there still will be wallet warriors, but guess what.....that means they have to pay you more to chunk out more credit boosts or bundles, or play their premium tanks to grind money even more.

I post this because trying to start playing Tier X matches more, which I mostly avoid because I have a lot of tanks I need to farm credits for and not a super unicum player (Apparently the actual good players say if I shoot gold I could be too since they claim most of them if without gold are just a 1000 rated player), and tier X is not very affordable to play right now and taking so long to finally get to tier X super heavies just to see no matter what angle, premium rounds will pen most the time.  I had to go to tanks GG 3d view to verify I wasn't going crazy and now sad face seeing that Maus being so super slow is that easy to pen with prem rounds unless they hit a 70deg angle.  But being the tank so huge there is always another spot not 70deg............though most tanks I thought stopped around 300 pen unless the big TD guns, so that's where the rng hates me I guess always hitting me with a high roll.

Anyways.   I don't mind the premium rounds being in the game, sometimes you are stuck in a spot you have to use them or lose.   But the way they are built into the game, there really isn't a big penalty for people with no life or huge wallets to not load nothing but prem rounds.   Wargaming might as well profit more from it if people want to do that and not learn how to shoot each tanks.

CapPhrases #2 Posted Apr 14 2018 - 20:38

Major

• -Players-
  • 6819 battles
  • [TXV] TXV

making them more expensive will just let the rich get richer. no

Kamahl1234 #3 Posted Apr 14 2018 - 20:39

Major

• Players
  • 18316 battles
Well they're changing them over the next few patches, so there's that. 

Blackhorse_One_ #4 Posted Apr 14 2018 - 20:46

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 2048 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

Block Quote

... there really isn't a big penalty for people with no life or huge wallets to not load nothing but prem rounds.

And right here we arrive at the root of the whine.

No

Edited by Blackhorse_One_, Apr 15 2018 - 06:07.

Christojojo #5 Posted Apr 14 2018 - 20:46

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 31985 battles

View PostCapPhrases, on Apr 14 2018 - 14:38, said:

Actually the rich will be rich no matter what so you argument is not valid. Try some other argument agains this tired old topic.

Christojojo #6 Posted Apr 14 2018 - 20:47

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 31985 battles
accidental duplicate. Sorry mods please delete if possible

Edited by Christojojo, Apr 15 2018 - 00:29.

_Tsavo #7 Posted Apr 14 2018 - 20:49

Major

• Players
  • 39810 battles

Ah, yes, "Learn to play"

I'll bother with flanks when we stop getting stupid OP tanks and corridor maps that don't allow that.

rich73 #8 Posted Apr 14 2018 - 22:47

Major

• Players
  • 47824 battles

View PostCapPhrases, on Apr 14 2018 - 11:38, said:

Yes...remove mods also to curb cheating ,then we will be golden.

Dramatized #9 Posted Apr 14 2018 - 23:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 9496 battles
Yeah rich can't get richer if it costs more to pen, so that is a weird statement.   But I just seen they are looking into changing the prem shells entirely after they remove the gold payment option, so there might be a light at the end of the tunnel actually.  So might as well delete this thread somehow.

View Post_Tsavo, on Apr 14 2018 - 19:49, said:

Ah, yes, "Learn to play"

I'll bother with flanks when we stop getting stupid OP tanks and corridor maps that don't allow that.

Right?

Edited by Dramatized, Apr 14 2018 - 23:54.

Hellsfog #10 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 00:17

Major

• Players
  • 32029 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA
Op doesn't mind premium rounds in the game but they ruin it. He doesn't like players who are willing to spend money to have an advantage but wants to make premium rounds more expensive. Doesn't like armor to be negated by gold rounds and I bet he complains about the super-armored tanks being overpowered (when he isn't driving one).  Let's see how far down the stupidity well the OP is willing to go.

Ich_bin_Hass #11 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 02:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 71661 battles
  • [UM-R] UM-R

View Postrich73, on Apr 14 2018 - 15:47, said:

Yes...remove mods also to curb cheating ,then we will be golden.

I'd much rather see all combat mods removed, only those that deal with the garage kept in the game. That would level the playing field.

docroberts #12 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 04:33

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18555 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX
The cost needs to be reduced  along with the damage , because I just love the idea of getting slapped with more of a unreal repair and ammo bill like it is now . But make it comparable to back when all we had was AP and HE and I didn't have any troubles back then and actually made money playing . But now good luck if you don't have it against these newer and better Russians , and other tanks . WG hurt my income anyways with this crap RNG that cant place a round where you aim and lopsided one sided battle . So they ought to take note as the reasons why I'm hardly playing this day and age . 

M0nkE #13 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 04:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20571 battles
  • [NICO] NICO
I feel like this would be more relevant if the notes for the next test server didn't announce that they were beginning to take steps to rework gold rounds by no longer making them available for gold.

DoNutDestroyer #14 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 04:46

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14486 battles
  • [TRED] TRED

View PostBlackhorse_One_, on Apr 14 2018 - 20:46, said:

And right here we arrive at the root of the whine.

No

Just out of curiosity, and I see this in nearly every topic I read through, if this is the "Feedback/Suggestions" forum, then why is it whining when someone posts feedback or a suggestion?  Isn't that what the forum in general is for?  If you can't post something, good or bad, that is on your mind pertaining to the game, without being insulted, belittled or ridiculed, then why have a forum at all?

Quicksilver__ #15 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 04:50

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14139 battles

I don't have a lot of experience with this topic, but a few of the tanks that I like to play would be worthless without APCR because the AP rounds are so weak.  WG seems to know this because the APCR rounds are cheap on these tanks because they know that you pretty much have to use them.

For example, the AP rounds on the Valentine 2 (tier 4) are so weak that this tank has preferred matchmaking because it wouldn't be able to pen tier 5s.  Fortunately, APCR rounds are cheap and you still earn credits shooting them.  Of course, they would have to rebalance certain tanks to take this into account.

I like that APCR, HEAT, HE etc add an element to the game because it benefits those who know when to shoot each shell type, but my preference would still be that there was only 1 shell type for each gun.  This would force players to place their shots better and would create better players in the long run.  If you are "spamming gold" you pretty much just have to use auto-aim and fire away, rather than carefully place your shots.  

An example of this is with the T7 Combat Car (tier 2).  It only has AP rounds and can't pen the frontal armor on many tanks.  This forces you to choose your opponents carefully and make sure you shoot them where you know you can hurt them.  The problem is that the pen is so bad that they can't even put it in tier 3 matchups, which limits it to tier 2 battles.  It is a really fun tank to play though.  I felt like it helped me take a nice step forward when I was learning how to play it.  

That said, I think that it is cool that HE bounces off of many tanks, but if you use it against the right opponent you take more damage.  This encourages good playing.  APCR just develops bad habits as players become dependent on it. 

Edited by Quicksilver__, Apr 15 2018 - 05:49.

Ich_bin_Hass #16 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 05:00

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 71661 battles
  • [UM-R] UM-R
For those that have NEVER served in the military and remember this is a game that has NOTHING to do with being fair or you wouldn't have illegal mods rampant in it. There ARE special AMMO to use. So stop crying because it was those that SPAMMED gold ammo when it cost real money long ago, who CRIED the loudest when it went silver. Most likely the VERY same cheating elitist JERKS who use illegal mods NOW !

Blackhorse_One_ #17 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 05:57

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 2048 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

View PostDoNutDestroyer, on Apr 14 2018 - 22:46, said:

Just out of curiosity, and I see this in nearly every topic I read through, if this is the "Feedback/Suggestions" forum, then why is it whining when someone posts feedback or a suggestion?  Isn't that what the forum in general is for?  If you can't post something, good or bad, that is on your mind pertaining to the game, without being insulted, belittled or ridiculed, then why have a forum at all?

Right on the heels of Ich_bin_Hasse, Post #16, and just in time ...

Personal motivation for initiating such proposals must always be ruthlessly examined ...

Especially when you've read through the hundreds, nay, thousands, of inane and repetitive complaints and proposals posted from Day One.

Too often, the "OP" posting the "idea" feels himself at a personal disadvantage, through ignorance, inexperience, or sheer stupidity, and cannot comfortably cope with the currently established mechanic or method of play and seeks to make said change for personal advantage without too much actual consideration for the overall effect on any one or any thing else in the circumstances of said proposal.

Very often, said "OP" seeks to force a rule or condition upon everyone else via a "punishment" designed to curb or prevent a condition or behavior which the "OP" has great personal difficulty in coping with, be it mentally or physically, or through some phoney sense of morality in a free-to-play video game, because actually having to THINK and/or adapt to established conditions ... is ... just ... too ... hard ...

Edited by Blackhorse_One_, Apr 15 2018 - 07:20.

DoNutDestroyer #18 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 08:17

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14486 battles
  • [TRED] TRED

View PostBlackhorse_One_, on Apr 15 2018 - 05:57, said:

Right on the heels of Ich_bin_Hasse, Post #16, and just in time ...

Personal motivation for initiating such proposals must always be ruthlessly examined ...

Especially when you've read through the hundreds, nay, thousands, of inane and repetitive complaints and proposals posted from Day One.

Too often, the "OP" posting the "idea" feels himself at a personal disadvantage, through ignorance, inexperience, or sheer stupidity, and cannot comfortably cope with the currently established mechanic or method of play and seeks to make said change for personal advantage without too much actual consideration for the overall effect on any one or any thing else in the circumstances of said proposal.

Very often, said "OP" seeks to force a rule or condition upon everyone else via a "punishment" designed to curb or prevent a condition or behavior which the "OP" has great personal difficulty in coping with, be it mentally or physically, or through some phoney sense of morality in a free-to-play video game, because actually having to THINK and/or adapt to established conditions ... is ... just ... too ... hard ...

Very eloquent.  I'm not saying I disagree with you.  Yes, there are a lot of things that are posted repeatedly through the years, but my point is still this:  As the name implies "feedback/suggestions" should be a place to post when someone feels there is something about the game that isn't right, for whatever reason.  Be it either to post their opinion or to offer suggestions.  WOT says they read the forums and consider what is being posted for their game updates.  I have doubts about that, but that's just me.  When someone posts something that isn't popular or has been discussed ad nauseum, then instead of posting insults or put downs, why not just move on to another post?  Maybe the OP isn't offering anything constructive, but countering it with an insult isn't constructive either.  The forums should be a place to exchange ideas and opinions and engage in discussion.  There's enough insulting and general childish behavior in the in game chat, as well as the ones that follow you after the game and PM more childish garbage to you.  Personally, I am sick of seeing the well worn and useless retort "get better" when someone posts a complaint of some sort.  Engage in constructive communication and maybe, it will help someone get better. 

M0nkE #19 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 21:46

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20571 battles
  • [NICO] NICO

View PostBlackhorse_One_, on Apr 15 2018 - 04:57, said:

Yeah, they should be more like those guys who sit at the back of the map and click on people who are camping at 60 kph. You know, thinking hard and adapting to things.

Blackhorse_One_ #20 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 21:57

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 2048 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

View PostM0nkE, on Apr 15 2018 - 15:46, said:

Yeah, they should be more like those guys who sit at the back of the map and click on people who are camping at 60 kph. You know, thinking hard and adapting to things.

Enlist ...

A hitch in the Field Artillery would give you some perspective ... :sceptic:

Edited by Blackhorse_One_, Apr 15 2018 - 22:18.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users