Mines and Ensk. Re-work them or remove.

Mines and Ensk.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Take Mines and Ensk out of the rotation or change them (27 members have cast votes)

Take them out for one week a month

1. Yes (9 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. no (18 votes [66.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Take them out completely for EVER or only for T6 and lower.

1. Yes (12 votes [44.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

2. No (15 votes [55.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.56%

Leave them in but make them larger. Similar to Paris.

1. Yes (13 votes [48.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 48.15%

2. No (14 votes [51.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 51.85%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Ich_bin_Hass #1 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 02:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 75547 battles
  • [ALL] ALL
IMHO these two maps appear in the rotation way too often. I can understand long ago you only had about five maps in the whole game. But also you only had up to T8 tanks. T5 or 6 artty and TD's. So the maps worked pretty well back then. But now with all the one shot kill you TD's and Tanks. They're WAY to SMALL.

Christojojo #2 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 03:06

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 32880 battles
Just because some how most of the population forgot how important the center is doesn't mean the map is flawed, just the that the players are.

Qualm #3 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 03:09

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 18049 battles
I don't mind Ensk, never have.  Mines is terrible above tier 3.

nekojima #4 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 03:35

Captain

• Players
  • 39767 battles

These two maps don't appear in the rotation any more than any other map. Use the map rotation mod to break that myth for yourself.

EdibleEmpire #5 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 03:37

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 23879 battles

View PostQualm, on Apr 14 2018 - 21:09, said:

I don't mind Ensk, never have.  Mines is terrible above tier 3.

Mines is alright until tier 8s start appearing. From that point forward the map is garbage because the tanks are so big and the map is so small.

Comments like "play the center" are crazy to me given the inherent imbalance of the two spawns if 'rush to the hill' (on it or even trading shots beside it) is the best strategy. 

Ich_bin_Hass #6 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 03:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 75547 battles
  • [ALL] ALL

View PostEdibleEmpire, on Apr 14 2018 - 20:37, said:

Mines is alright until tier 8s start appearing. From that point forward the map is garbage because the tanks are so big and the map is so small.

Comments like "play the center" are crazy to me given the inherent imbalance of the two spawns if 'rush to the hill' (on it or even trading shots beside it) is the best strategy. 

Especially now when the 268 4 can beat mediums to the hill on Mines. That's BS !

M0nkE #7 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 05:29

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22155 battles
  • [SEIKO] SEIKO
Mines is garbage, Ensk is merely mediocre like most maps in the game.

Quicksilver__ #8 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 05:35

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15983 battles

I am not sure if anyone at WG will read this, or if the Feedback section is here just to help us vent, but I have been really annoyed by Mines lately as well.  

I hate to invite an onslaught of trolls (was that enough bait for you), but I have a lot of fun playing tier 3, and mines was always one of my favorite maps.  However, Update 1.0 made several changes to Mines, and it is now one of my least favorite maps.  Erlenburg and Fjords remain at the bottom of my list as well (sorry WG--I know you put a lot of effort into them).  

Mines is now harder to play as a TD because the bushes don't provide the same cover as they did before.  They made the center rock much bigger, and increased the altitude of it, which makes it harder to shoot tanks on the other side of the ridge, except for as they are taking the hill. 

One of my favorite spots to setup as a TD was on top of the rock outcroppings towards the bottom left of the minimap.  Update 1.0 made it so that you can't get on top of that ridgeline anymore, which was annoying.

The south side of the map has always had a disadvantage in getting to the hill first, but it favors defense because it can handle an ambush better (try convincing tier 3 players of that as they suicide rush the hill).  I wish that they would have modified the design of the map better so that the south and the north have the same chance at getting to the hill first.  Game after game the south side loses half of its team when they rush the hill and get there late.  It makes it hard for the team to recover, even with the benefit of the better defensive positions.

The bigger middle rock is now harder to play in a Light because they reduced the space in the middle of the 2 rocks.  I used to like to hug that middle rock and poke around or shoot through the middle.  Now it is really hard to do well.  It is taller, which helps protect from arty, but I never really had too much of a problem with arty there anyways.

It used to be really easy to drop down off of the middle hill as well, but now there are big boulders and I haven't found the right way to negotiate the move very well yet.  

Mines used to be one of my favorite maps, but now I dread seeing it pop up.  Perhaps I will adapt to the changes and learn how to play it well again, but I haven't been happy with the changes.

Ich_bin_Hass #9 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 07:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 75547 battles
  • [ALL] ALL

View PostQuicksilver__, on Apr 14 2018 - 22:35, said:

I am not sure if anyone at WG will read this, or if the Feedback section is here just to help us vent, but I have been really annoyed by Mines lately as well.  

I hate to invite an onslaught of trolls (was that enough bait for you), but I have a lot of fun playing tier 3, and mines was always one of my favorite maps.  However, Update 1.0 made several changes to Mines, and it is now one of my least favorite maps.  Erlenburg and Fjords remain at the bottom of my list as well (sorry WG--I know you put a lot of effort into them).  

Mines is now harder to play as a TD because the bushes don't provide the same cover as they did before.  They made the center rock much bigger, and increased the altitude of it, which makes it harder to shoot tanks on the other side of the ridge, except for as they are taking the hill. 

One of my favorite spots to setup as a TD was on top of the rock outcroppings towards the bottom left of the minimap.  Update 1.0 made it so that you can't get on top of that ridgeline anymore, which was annoying.

The south side of the map has always had a disadvantage in getting to the hill first, but it favors defense because it can handle an ambush better (try convincing tier 3 players of that as they suicide rush the hill).  I wish that they would have modified the design of the map better so that the south and the north have the same chance at getting to the hill first.  Game after game the south side loses half of its team when they rush the hill and get there late.  It makes it hard for the team to recover, even with the benefit of the better defensive positions.

The bigger middle rock is now harder to play in a Light because they reduced the space in the middle of the 2 rocks.  I used to like to hug that middle rock and poke around or shoot through the middle.  Now it is really hard to do well.  It is taller, which helps protect from arty, but I never really had too much of a problem with arty there anyways.

It used to be really easy to drop down off of the middle hill as well, but now there are big boulders and I haven't found the right way to negotiate the move very well yet.  

Mines used to be one of my favorite maps, but now I dread seeing it pop up.  Perhaps I will adapt to the changes and learn how to play it well again, but I haven't been happy with the changes.

When WoT's went for faster battles by the channeling or funneling players into KILL ZONES. that's when it really started going down hill. I remember battles running out of time because players could maneuver on the maps. Not now ! SPG's except a few, have no chance to escape even heavy tanks. Poor old Bert the FV304 can't even shoot out beyond 450 meters anymore. The GW Panther along with many others use to be very fast. Now like others it's a SLUG.

Edited by Ich_bin_Hass, Apr 15 2018 - 07:16.

CourageConquers3_37AR #10 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 19:53

Private

• -Players-
  • 11704 battles

WoT maps have steadily chipped away at terrain that helps TDs do their doctrinal role.  It's just about pointless to play TDs anymore.  It's all about heavies slugging it out while mediums watch and pissant lights with their idiotic autoloaders (which never malfunction) farm their victims in 20 seconds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users