Player Record

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

JennaKillz #1 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 18:41

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6349 battles
  • [H_F] H_F
So I am wondering why my player rating seems to stay around 1750 to 1800. Realize that I have only been playing WOT since mid February and perhaps I am trying or hoping to be better than the learning curve allows. Most of my tanks, tiers 1 thru 6 have got crews trained at 75 % or above and 2 of them have gotton over 100 % and am working on the sixth sense skills and other crew skills. I have a theory that maybe I went thru the tiers too fast and so now I have been going back thru and levelling the crew skills in ALL my tanks. It's just a theory and prolly wrong but atm thats what I am trying. I did try playing arty, got to tier 5 and decided its too hit or (mainly) miss for me. Getting one hit out of ten wasn't doing my hit percentage any good...that and sitting there waiting for someone to go out and spot had me raging, which is my fault not theirs. I also know that I am impatient and hate camping so playing arty or even a TD may not be an option. I will admit that I run to the fight but I am getting better at positioning and cover and all that. Basically I just want to know if my rating is normal for time played and if there is a quick solution feel free to chime in. Opinions like uninstall, girls can't play tanks or even get back in the kitchen will not be considered valid. Also I am quite good at remembering names and if I get mad at a particular person I am perfectly capable of trying to kill them every time I see them. Yea its a character flaw I recognize the fact that I am a rager. Anywayz I am sorry for the large novel and any and all advice will be considered. Thank you, good luck and have fun !!

TLWiz #2 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 18:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 20111 battles
  • [DSSRT] DSSRT
You can look up your stats at various sites or in game, but you are very new and have much to learn so worrying about stats is not as important as focusing on the game you are in. You may want to visit WOT University ​https://wotuniversity.weebly.com/ and pick up some tips on gameplay to improve your winrate, improve your damage out put and to help you live longer to have a positive affect on your team's winning or losing. Do learn some skills to play better and you'll enjoy the game more. Play the tanks you have fun playing and maybe watch some Youtubers showing how to play those tanks effectively, you can find advice on just about anything with a youtube search by tank name.  Good luck! Learn some skills, get better, and the stats will follow.  Just my average player opinion.

Dain_Ironfoot_ #3 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 18:52

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20340 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
Yeah that's normal... it goes up very slowly over time, a tiny bit faster if you keep improving and doing well.

_Michael_Corleone_ #4 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 18:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32858 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

Don't limit yourself to Russian tanks only. 

If you like to run to positions and take advantages over other players maybe play mediums?

For a new player I guess its in the correct range? 

Still learning, with 1.0 too, even experienced players like myself are still learning new positioning on these HD maps. 

Over time it becomes second nature to know how to play at a high skill, that's if you take up the game and really learn. 

Dogsoldier6 #5 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 18:58

Major

• Players
  • 57193 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

1) Stay in tiers 5-6 for awhile, it is in those tiers you will learn the game. Below tier 5 all you really learn is how to use the WASD keys and how to aim and shoot.

2) DO NOT move up into tiers 8-10 unless you have AT LEAST a three perk/skill crew in the tank. With 8s you can get away with a two perk/skill crew, but not 9s and 10s.

3) You have far to few games, right now, to be even worrying about your rating. Give it time, IF you are taking the time to learn the game, they will improve over time. Also, the games player rating is based upon the tier tank you are driving and the enemy tanks you are facing. So a low rating is normal for the tier tanks you are driving the most.

4) Worry more about your hit ratio, damage ratio, and destruction ratios, as they will tell you more about how well you are doing then win rate and player rating.

Silversound #6 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 19:00

Major

• Players
  • 38363 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

View PostJennaSyde, on Apr 15 2018 - 09:41, said:

Opinions like uninstall, girls can't play tanks or even get back in the kitchen will not be considered valid. 

I've met girls who are good at this game.

But I've also met a several mystery women.

Jenna, we have a female in Praxis. They're rare as unicorns in World of Tanks.

She's well liked by everyone and you would be wise to seek her out for some advice.

Her name is karaknor. 

Add her to your friends list in game and I'm pretty sure she can help you.

In fact we all can. But let's face it, women enjoy helping each other out.

p.s.

If you want to move your Player Rating, you'll need to play a lot of battles and hit the higher tiers successfully.

Nudnick #7 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 19:11

Major

• -Players-
  • 23928 battles
Don't beat your head against the wall trying to master tanks that you're not comfortable with. Pick a few that you do well in and play them over and over until you feel ready to move up. It took me awhile to figure out that I'm not good at light tanks and my stats really suffered for it. Good luck.

dnaman #8 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 19:16

Captain

• Players
  • 29239 battles
  • [_EOS_] _EOS_
You’re doing fine for how long you’ve been playing.  You are also correct in your assessment that you show up too quickly.  I’d advise you get some skills for your crews.  I’d say at least two at tier VII for more successful tanking. You’ve made the same mistakes I made early on and I’m  atill learning and getting better.  Welcome to tanks and look forward to seeing you in game.  

the_Deadly_Bulb #9 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 19:53

Major

• Players
  • 21252 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostDogsoldier6, on Apr 15 2018 - 09:58, said:

1) Stay in tiers 5-6 for awhile, it is in those tiers you will learn the game. Below tier 5 all you really learn is how to use the WASD keys and how to aim and shoot.

2) DO NOT move up into tiers 8-10 unless you have AT LEAST a three perk/skill crew in the tank. With 8s you can get away with a two perk/skill crew, but not 9s and 10s.

3) You have far to few games, right now, to be even worrying about your rating. Give it time, IF you are taking the time to learn the game, they will improve over time. Also, the games player rating is based upon the tier tank you are driving and the enemy tanks you are facing. So a low rating is normal for the tier tanks you are driving the most.

4) Worry more about your hit ratio, damage ratio, and destruction ratios, as they will tell you more about how well you are doing then win rate and player rating.

This is very good advice OP. :great:

WoT is NOT a race.

Don't rush the tiers.

I go a bit further than Dogsoldier6 with skills in higher tiers.

I'm a pretty mediocre player so I want a 3 skill/perk crew in T-VIIs and 4 or better for IXs and Xs. I'd prefer 3-4 in VIIIs too, but Premiums are for training so sometimes my VIIIs have only 1 or 2 skills/perks due to them being works in progress.

My earned VIIIs are mostly at 4 now.

JennaKillz #10 Posted Apr 15 2018 - 19:56

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6349 battles
  • [H_F] H_F

View PostSilversound, on Apr 15 2018 - 19:00, said:

I've met girls who are good at this game.

But I've also met a several mystery women.

Jenna, we have a female in Praxis. They're rare as unicorns in World of Tanks.

She's well liked by everyone and you would be wise to seek her out for some advice.

Her name is karaknor. 

Add her to your friends list in game and I'm pretty sure she can help you.

In fact we all can. But let's face it, women enjoy helping each other out.

p.s.

If you want to move your Player Rating, you'll need to play a lot of battles and hit the higher tiers successfully.

OMG !! Love that Croc Dundee clip !! Had totally forgotton about that lmbo!! And thanx to all who are replying, I do appreciate the input and it confirms that I am expecting too much from myself at my early tank career. :)

ethics_gradient #11 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 14:43

Major

• Players
  • 36832 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
private message sent . . .

TankFullOfBourbon #12 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 18:35

Major

• Players
  • 25444 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

I checked your stats and Noobmeter gave sketchy info and Wotlabs was down. But from what I can see you are playing tier 5-6 and your average damage per game is shy of 200. That's half of what you should do at tier 5 and almost 4 times lower than what you should do at tier 6. It indicates that you are struggling at these tiers and you are playing above your skill level. You also only survive 13% of the games, which is low. In the last games it's been as low as 7%, which is awful. 

My guess is that if you are a rager, you are probably also impatient. Perhaps also impulsive. Bad characteristics in WOT. Yoloing and attacking without support usually just gets you killed. Try to keep cool and pace your game better. Put up a big sing next to your monitor that says "CALM THE F DOWN!!!" to remind you. And go down to tier 4.

JennaKillz #13 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 19:39

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6349 battles
  • [H_F] H_F

View PostTankFullOfBourbon, on Apr 16 2018 - 18:35, said:

I checked your stats and Noobmeter gave sketchy info and Wotlabs was down. But from what I can see you are playing tier 5-6 and your average damage per game is shy of 200. That's half of what you should do at tier 5 and almost 4 times lower than what you should do at tier 6. It indicates that you are struggling at these tiers and you are playing above your skill level. You also only survive 13% of the games, which is low. In the last games it's been as low as 7%, which is awful. 

My guess is that if you are a rager, you are probably also impatient. Perhaps also impulsive. Bad characteristics in WOT. Yoloing and attacking without support usually just gets you killed. Try to keep cool and pace your game better. Put up a big sing next to your monitor that says "CALM THE F DOWN!!!" to remind you. And go down to tier 4.

lol someones been looking in my windows !! Jokes aside this is good advice I will try to implement it :)

TankFullOfBourbon #14 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 21:17

Major

• Players
  • 25444 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostJennaSyde, on Apr 16 2018 - 19:39, said:

lol someones been looking in my windows !! Jokes aside this is good advice I will try to implement it :)

I don't think I qualify as a "peeping tom" when all I did was check up on your stats :B

I am not a rager but I do let my enthusiasm get the better of me, so I have used the sign myself, just to remind me that sometimes waiting is the best strategy. 

Edited by TankFullOfBourbon, Apr 16 2018 - 21:19.

Realign #15 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 23:32

Captain

• Players
  • 27851 battles
  • [RS] RS

View PostJennaSyde, on Apr 15 2018 - 12:41, said:

So I am wondering why my player rating seems to stay around 1750 to 1800. Realize that I have only been playing WOT since mid February and perhaps I am trying or hoping to be better than the learning curve allows. Most of my tanks, tiers 1 thru 6 have got crews trained at 75 % or above and 2 of them have gotton over 100 % and am working on the sixth sense skills and other crew skills. I have a theory that maybe I went thru the tiers too fast and so now I have been going back thru and levelling the crew skills in ALL my tanks. It's just a theory and prolly wrong but atm thats what I am trying. I did try playing arty, got to tier 5 and decided its too hit or (mainly) miss for me. Getting one hit out of ten wasn't doing my hit percentage any good...that and sitting there waiting for someone to go out and spot had me raging, which is my fault not theirs. I also know that I am impatient and hate camping so playing arty or even a TD may not be an option. I will admit that I run to the fight but I am getting better at positioning and cover and all that. Basically I just want to know if my rating is normal for time played and if there is a quick solution feel free to chime in. Opinions like uninstall, girls can't play tanks or even get back in the kitchen will not be considered valid. Also I am quite good at remembering names and if I get mad at a particular person I am perfectly capable of trying to kill them every time I see them. Yea its a character flaw I recognize the fact that I am a rager. Anywayz I am sorry for the large novel and any and all advice will be considered. Thank you, good luck and have fun !!

The best advise I could give would be to get to and play in your tier 5's and 6's soonest.  Tiers 1-4 don't really teach much about how to play in my opinion.  Once in tiers 5+ tanks kinda start to play more as their role, where the heavies can begin utilizing armor, mediums their better mobility etc etc.  Once you're into these tiers the tanks also just get better and more interesting to play overall.  It will be a bit rough at first in games where you're a tier 5 vs. tier 7s or 6 vs. 8s, but then too you'll start learning what tanks coming up on the lines are like.  As long as you learn from the painful first 1k-3k or so games in that bracket you should be doing better as you work up to tier 7.  Biggest thing to work on is getting a couple more shots of damage in.  If you find yourself dying early, try to be a bit more cautious.  If you find yourself sitting in place without firing for a minute or longer, consider a more aggressive position.  The biggest difference in players isn't so much % of shots hit, but number of shots fired per game, typically.

karaknor #16 Posted Apr 23 2018 - 02:37

Private

• -Players-
  • 19110 battles
  • [-P-] -P-
Hi JennaSyde, great name.  
I searched my name and found my clan commander pimping me out above.  I'd be happy to help.  
The first thing I needed to learn is the matches are not 15 v 15. They are 1 v 29.  Unless you're in a platoon with people you trust, you can't count on your team. Platoon with people who are better than you.  I do it all the time.  They know the ropes, the maps, the cover, the tanks, who you can 1 v 1 and who you can't.  Where you need to be to contribute.  They also help quell the rage. Being a girl gamer can be ... annoying, but there are good clans out there that will treat you right. Make sure you have teamspeak and discord because communicating is key, and fun.
Gold ammo is your friend.  If you can afford it, premium account is a way to pay for better ratings as ratings are influenced by xp and premium jacks up the xp (and credits which makes it so you can afford equipment/gold ammo, etc). Trick your tanks out, camo, rammers, gun laying drives.  Use the authorized mods like aslain.com. 
There are youtubes for how to play every tank, watch them.  Work your [edited]off when there are free tanks available.  Hit me up to platoon, I'll try to bring someone who knows what we need to do. ;)  Play the game for fun; practice and your rating will go up.

1mp0ster #17 Posted Apr 23 2018 - 03:24

Captain

• -Players-
  • 36452 battles
  • [NVRDI] NVRDI

There is only one rating scale that should matter: How much are you enjoying the game from 0-10. Player ratings, WN8, how quickly advancing, etc. all are pretty meaningless. Are you having fun playing this game? If so, good. I went for a period of a few months trying to get my WN8 good and got it to purple in in those couple months. BUT it was also the least fun I had ever had in this game and every death in a less-than-spectacular game was frustrating.

Play for fun, not for stats.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users