Best WW2 Country? (Poll)

ww2 world war two tank poll best world of tanks country

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Poll: Best WW2 Country (155 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battles in order to participate this poll.

Which is the best WW2 Country?

1. France (That B1 Tho) (4 votes [2.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.58%

2. Germany (Panzers, Tigers, Hetzers, etc.) (66 votes [42.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.58%

3. America (All hail the Sherman (and the M3 Lee)) (36 votes [23.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.23%

4. Britain (Matilda, Churchill, Grant, Sherman III) (4 votes [2.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.58%

5. Russia (KV-1, JS-3, T-34) (42 votes [27.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.10%

6. Japan (Chi-He, Chi-Ro, Chi-To, Chucky Chi) (1 vote [0.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.65%

7. Italy (Carro Pesante and other paper armor tanks) (2 votes [1.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.29%

Vote Hide poll

Rush_91 #81 Posted Jun 11 2018 - 01:36

Captain

• -Players-
  • 10797 battles
  • [FATED] FATED

View PostSkaerKrow, on Jun 10 2018 - 22:07, said:

The USA, with the USSR as a close second. The Sherman was reliable, adaptable, and acquitted itself well in just about every theater. American tank destroyers were also very effective, and completely superior to the best German TD, the StuG. Russian tanks were also effective on an operational level, but a lack of things like turret baskets and radios (on earlier models), along with a disposable design philosophy consigns them to second place in my opinion. Meanwhile, Germany consistently made excellent guns, and attached them to obsolete or laughably bad/impractical tanks. The Panzer IV was stuck in the 1930s, the Panther was unreliable and impractical, and German heavy tanks and tank destroyers were largely the fever dreams of people with no understanding of the realities of modern warfare. I’m in that camp of people who believe that German tanks look cool, but I would never mistake their clean lines and impressive engineering with genuine effectiveness in battle. 

Oh, and for any Nazi boys that I just triggered? You lost the war.

What was the kill to loss ratio on American TDs? I think the Ferdi was around 10:1

OEFArmy #82 Posted Jun 11 2018 - 17:25

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30623 battles
  • [RC125] RC125

View Postcommander42, on Jun 10 2018 - 18:23, said:

the first stat does not surprise me at all so that I would expect to be true.  The total expenditure one I have no idea if is true but even if it is, do you realize how large the total US expenditures during the war was? 3% of a massive number is still a meaningful number.

voting saying germany had the best tanks doesn't reflect on peoples opinion of what the country did, it reflects on peoples opinion of what tanks were most effective in combat.  In the same way somebody voting for Russia doesn't make them a commie or voting for Italy doesn't make somebody fascist.  As for the labeling, its semantics, besides it wasn't until after the war that the ussr really developed into its full size.

Do you realize how large the USSR expenditures were?  From 1941-1943, 80% of the Nazi forces were fighting on the eastern front, and even with the opening of the second(western) front 65% Nazi forces were still concentrated on the eastern front.  I am guessing that 3% of total US expenditures is more like 0.5% of total Soviet expenditures overall, so it's a drop in a bucket, honestly.  Obviously it helped, expecially if it all came at the right time, but I wouldn't overestimate it's impact.  People here make it sound like the only reason the allies won the war was because of American Lend Lease, it was not.  It was due to insance sacrifices made by people, and especially on the Soviet side.  As far as the tanks go, by the end of the war(1945) there was nothing close to the IS-3 in any country, and the IS-3 was still relevant for 30 years after.

Edited by OEFArmy, Jun 11 2018 - 17:26.

Rush_91 #83 Posted Jun 11 2018 - 18:53

Captain

• -Players-
  • 10797 battles
  • [FATED] FATED

View PostOEFArmy, on Jun 11 2018 - 17:25, said:

Do you realize how large the USSR expenditures were?  From 1941-1943, 80% of the Nazi forces were fighting on the eastern front, and even with the opening of the second(western) front 65% Nazi forces were still concentrated on the eastern front.  I am guessing that 3% of total US expenditures is more like 0.5% of total Soviet expenditures overall, so it's a drop in a bucket, honestly.  Obviously it helped, expecially if it all came at the right time, but I wouldn't overestimate it's impact.  People here make it sound like the only reason the allies won the war was because of American Lend Lease, it was not.  It was due to insance sacrifices made by people, and especially on the Soviet side.  As far as the tanks go, by the end of the war(1945) there was nothing close to the IS-3 in any country, and the IS-3 was still relevant for 30 years after.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the IS-3 come too late to even fight in WWII?

PrimarchRogalDorn #84 Posted Jun 12 2018 - 03:47

Captain

• -Players-
  • 25 battles

View PostRush_91, on Jun 11 2018 - 12:53, said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the IS-3 come too late to even fight in WWII?

Correct, it did not see combat in WWII. The first ones were ready by the time of the victory parade in September 1945

fireraiserbr #85 Posted Jun 12 2018 - 15:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 51016 battles
  • [SMOK3] SMOK3

germans make the best machines. period

is it in their blood, under their skins, in their minds specifically

germany football team look like a machine every time

war machines ? NO COMMENT

cars? best in the world BMW Mercedes-Benz Wolfswagen

i know there arent many germans in north america, except for some albert einstein descendents and what not, but you cannot deny self evidence

Edited by fireraiserbr, Jun 12 2018 - 15:34.

Rimrender #86 Posted Jun 12 2018 - 16:11

Captain

• Players
  • 7421 battles

View PostGrisbane, on Jun 06 2018 - 15:02, said:

none of them, 10's of millions died.  I would call that a travesty, not a reason to compare like some d*** wagging contest.  

the first war ended the western monarchies, the second ended colonialism/imperialism. Neither was going to be bloodless. 

PrimarchRogalDorn #87 Posted Jun 12 2018 - 21:25

Captain

• -Players-
  • 25 battles

View Postfireraiserbr, on Jun 12 2018 - 09:29, said:

germans make the best machines. period

is it in their blood, under their skins, in their minds specifically

germany football team look like a machine every time

war machines ? NO COMMENT

cars? best in the world BMW Mercedes-Benz Wolfswagen

i know there arent many germans in north america, except for some albert einstein descendents and what not, but you cannot deny self evidence

Nearly everything in this statement is wrong

commander42 #88 Posted Jun 13 2018 - 01:01

Major

• Players
  • 23760 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P

View PostOEFArmy, on Jun 11 2018 - 11:25, said:

it was won due to the combination of people from all three major nations as well as some help from some others as well. You are making it out as if the Russians single handedly won the war, without any the major 3(Russia, US, Britain) the war could have been lost.
fyi by july 1944 less than 50% of german divisions were on the eastern front.  Again, get your facts straight before spewing your propaganda.

Elbroth #89 Posted Jun 13 2018 - 05:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32116 battles
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE

View PostSlone, on Apr 15 2018 - 17:42, said:

Germany built some nice tanks, but it was the typical over engineered German BS, so mechanical reliability was awful, they lost more tanks to breakdown than to enemy fire.

American mass production built a crap load of Shermans, but they were only good because the allies had air supremacy by the time they made it into battle.

By far the most innovative tanks of the war were built by the Russians. the T-34 was the best tank of the war and completely changed tank design.

But ... End of the Day... Germans had the most feared Tanks by far...

However I agree with you....

Also tagged with ww2, world, war, two, tank, poll, best, world of tanks, country

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users