The one true fact about the MM "rigging" discussion you all must accept now.

• Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

MacDaddyMatty #241 Posted Apr 23 2018 - 13:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 22585 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostNeatoMan, on Apr 23 2018 - 06:45, said:

I'm waiting. I've seen many claims, but nobody has come forth with any hard facts.  There should be mountains of irrefutable evidence given what the rigging crowd claims WG is doing.

Spoiler

Urabouttudie #242 Posted Apr 23 2018 - 14:10

Captain

• Players
  • 20266 battles

View PostNeatoMan, on Apr 23 2018 - 03:45, said:

I'm waiting. I've seen many claims, but nobody has come forth with any hard facts.  There should be mountains of irrefutable evidence given what the rigging crowd claims WG is doing.

In the years I've played this game there has been hundreds...perhaps 1000's of threads by people who all claim to see the same phenomenon...

Then there are you few...a group of consistently persistent posters...in numbers so few as to be countable on one hand, who will religiously and with a questionable dedication to defending this particular game mechanic, incessantly insult, belittle and deride every single one of those hundreds, perhaps thousands of posters who have all claimed to have experienced the same phenomenon.

Nobody asks you...nobody requests this treatment, you've been asked many, many times to stfu, in many threads. 

But it is obviously your mission, your duty, your commitment and goal to stand on the opposing side of this argument and fling your poo at anyone attempting to discuss the subject in a manner contrary to your paradigm. You and your ilk simply do not allow it.

This is the very definitiion of a "Troll"...and you are, a Troll.

Nobody provides you the "proof" you continually stomp your feet and demand to be presented, in every. single. thread. not because it might not be available but because of your toxic, cancerous, infantile tactics of berating the targets of your posts.

It is because anyone arguing counter to your argument, who might possess said data you demand, already knows you and your ilk well enough to know that you have no interest in discussing anything other than your own paradigm. You have no desire to be convinced of anything.

You are a Troll. We get it...

Once this is realized and your true nature is known it becomes blatantly obvious that any discussion of data not your own will result in derision and insult...

Everyone but you is a liar, right?...small sample size, confirmation bias and all that stuff...

You are the reason no one will post data for you

455_hero #243 Posted Apr 23 2018 - 14:38

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21445 battles
  • [4HIM3] 4HIM3

Just curious, what do you think the word "may" means?

NeatoMan #244 Posted Apr 23 2018 - 14:42

Major

• Players
  • 25385 battles

View PostUrabouttudie, on Apr 23 2018 - 08:10, said:

In the years I've played this game there has been hundreds...perhaps 1000's of threads by people who all claim to see the same phenomenon...

~~~~snip~~~~

You are the reason no one will post data for you

It doesn't seem to stop people from making posts, so why would it stop them from posting evidence?   Especially if it is so obvious, and thousands of people keep seeing the same thing.   If I am the only person posting contrary "proof" then it should be very easy to refute it with facts.   If there are only a few against thousands, then it should be an easy task to gather the necessary proof. 

Nobody gets berated for adhering to the scientific method.  The only people who get derided are those who continually mangle the statistics, or quote "facts" without actually providing them.    It's not like we have demanded an insurmountable burden of proof.   The proper methods and analysis have been out there for years.   Given the exact same analysis of data that we have done, if the rigging theories are happening they will become very evident in anyone's data, even my own. 

You are giving us way too much credit.  The reason no data shows up to the contrary is because there is nothing that holds up to analysis, not because we shout it down.   If it did hold up, then you'd find a lot more people with statistical knowledge coming forth on the rigging side.   Look around at how many statistics geeks, and stat gathering sites are dedicated to WoT.  You would think with so much "evidence" out there that any one of them would have found it, but no.  

MacDaddyMatty #245 Posted Apr 23 2018 - 15:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 22585 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostUrabouttudie, on Apr 23 2018 - 08:10, said:

Nobody provides you the "proof" you continually stomp your feet and demand to be presented, in every. single. thread. not because it might not be available but because of your toxic, cancerous, infantile tactics of berating the targets of your posts.

IMHO...

I'm a decent guy.

Reasonable.

Not insulting.

I'd love for someone to present actual data.

Going "well I'll be.." is actually refreshing for me..

What we get is:

-  "for the last 6 battles" or some other small set which proves nothing.

- allegations of "facts" or "evidence" that never is presented.

- bucket loads of feelz.

Sooo.... no.

That doesn't cut it.

Not for aliens. Not for this.

Could WG be stacking the deck?

Sure!

Are they?

Highly doubtful.

SwedishEOD #246 Posted Apr 23 2018 - 15:12

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 56824 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View PostNeatoMan, on Apr 23 2018 - 14:42, said:

It doesn't seem to stop thousands of people from making posts, so why would it stop them from posting evidence?   Especially if it is so obvious, and thousands of people keep seeing the same thing.   If I am the only person posting contrary "proof" then it should be very easy to refute it with facts.   If there are only a few against thousands, then it should be an easy task to gather the necessary proof. 

The only people who get derided are those who continually mangle the statistics, or quote "facts" without actually providing them.    It's not like we have provided an insurmountable burden of proof.   The proper methods and analysis have been out there for years.   Given the exact same analysis of data that we have done, if what the riggers say is happening it will become very evident in anyone's data, even my own. 

You are giving us way too much credit.  The reason nothing shows up to the contrary is because there is nothing that holds up to analysis, not because we shout it down.   If it did hold up, then you'd find a lot more people with statistical knowledge coming forth on the rigging side.   Look around at how many statistics geeks, and stat gathering sites are dedicated to WoT.  You would think with so much "evidence" out there that any one of them would have found it, but no.  

/s That's because said sites are run by WG supporters that wants to hide the "TRUTH" /s

Urabouttudie claims there are thousands of players claiming the same thing , but are there? Mmm no , because everyone of those 1000's have their own idea of how the rigging is done, I don't think I have ever seen two of the rigging fanatics ever come up with the same theory ever. Only that something "feelz" wrong and then they have no facts to support it,no facts that holds up to any scrutiny and that is the same over and over in these threads.

Whiteythesubmarine #247 Posted Apr 23 2018 - 15:39

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12804 battles
  • [UQ] UQ

View PostUrabouttudie, on Apr 16 2018 - 15:12, said:

The official introduction of 3/5/7-style Matchmaking, and tier shifting based on past performance, both now currently in effect, unequivocally and irrefutably prove, without a shadow of a doubt that Wargaming can, will and is manipulating your individual gaming experience through the matchmaker system.

This isn't even a secret...if you're unaware of this then you are simply uninformed.

First, Wg implemented what I refer to as tier shifting, though they did not refer to it by a specific name...only a statement to the effect;

"If you are bottom tier too often the Matchmaker will see this and place you mid or even top tier more often..."

Although not specifically included in the statement, it must be inferred that the opposite is also true, if you are top tier too often you will be placed mid or even bottom tier more often.

Second, Wg introduced 3/5/7-style matchmaker templating...and it, combined with the tier shifting started forcing everyone down to mid & bottom tier...only lessened with additional adjustment patching, yet an effect that is still felt daily here on the NA server.

I believe the game-play at tier 8 reveals this combination of matchmaker mechanics in action...tier 8 is a victim of it's numerical position within the new matchmaking tier system, which I doubt is any big secret to anyone reading this.

In summary, the Matchmaker system can no longer be argued to be "random". It is not. It has been changed from whatever form it was to what it is now and that form is monitoring and manipulating certain aspects of the player's experience in order to fulfil Wg's purposes.

Argue that W/L and all the other minutiae are as "random" as you need them to be in order for you to sleep at night after you log off...but rest assured that in the morning the Matchmaker system is still there manipulating your gaming experience.

It is official, sorry if you didn't get the memo...

First off I would like to say thanks for the laugh. See something most of you fail to remember is this is the NA server. It is the smallest of all the servers by at least 100k players. 3/5/7 actually does work effectively the issue is the NA server does not have the numbers to make it work out. If you play on any of the other servers you will quickly figure out that it works great. And no we do not need our own MM platform on NA it will just not work. Even at it's highest WOT was never able to clear 100k players online at once on NA server. That being said America alone has a bigger population that Russia and a number of other countries combined. However we also have access to a much broader scope of games that most the European nations do. So the amount of people playing WOT per 100k population is much higher than it would be in America. Take last yesterday for instance. The highest i noticed the server while i was online was 23k people. That is well under 1% of our population that was playing tanks. VS the Russian servers combined you are looking at alot closer to that 1% of the population playing at any given time. The fact that so many of NA players think we need some special MM just shows the Arrogance and self importance that many Americans show. 

I am an American myself as well as a Vet of the two most recent conflicts and even I am saying that most of my fellow Americans are selfish and arrogant who think everyone owes them something without taking into account our server probably takes away from the profits Wot could have if they just merged us with another server and dropped NA server completely. The idea of a business is to make money.

spud_tuber #248 Posted Apr 23 2018 - 16:45

Major

• Players
  • 47315 battles

View PostSwedishEOD, on Apr 23 2018 - 01:47, said:

Come now , you know that wont happen.... but good try m8

Hey, you never know.  Always worth a try.  And hopefully it will help any new person reading this thread see that these rigging conspiracies have a few issues with lack of data.

diego999 #249 Posted Apr 23 2018 - 22:29

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 31211 battles
  • [-4K-] -4K-

View PostUrabouttudie, on Apr 23 2018 - 10:10, said:

ZZZ

There seems to be some sand in your [edited].

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users