Jump to content


The one true fact about the MM "rigging" discussion you all must accept now.


  • Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

Klunk73 #21 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 15:52

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 12581 battles
  • 489
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    12-16-2011
The only thing Ive noticed is their are a number of times the MM places high skill players and/or clans on one team and not so much on the other.....and then a ROFL stomp quickly ensues. Has anyone else notice this or is just me.

QUACK_PoT #22 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 15:53

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 34781 battles
  • 110
  • [QUAKS] QUAKS
  • Member since:
    10-04-2010
Wargaming is a business. They really want as many people as possible to be successful or at least happy playing this game because that equals more money in their pockets. To think that they came up with a programmed way to mess with us would really be counter productive to running this business.

Prosqtor #23 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 15:53

    Major

  • Players
  • 59221 battles
  • 2,007
  • [ONION] ONION
  • Member since:
    12-16-2011

View Post__WarChild__, on Apr 16 2018 - 09:51, said:

 

What does that tell you about me?

 

That you are good, but not tremendously good, and that your win rate is in line with what would be expected.  To be more specific, you do not win 75% of the time with an even team.

Edited by Prosqtor, Apr 16 2018 - 15:55.


Blackstone #24 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 15:54

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 16185 battles
  • 1,474
  • [-IGC-] -IGC-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2011
Spoiler

 



__WarChild__ #25 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 15:56

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 20886 battles
  • 2,806
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0
  • Member since:
    06-03-2017

What does this picture from my most recent battle last night tell you?

 

 



SwedishEOD #26 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 15:58

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 59170 battles
  • 1,561
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    07-24-2010

View Post__WarChild__, on Apr 16 2018 - 15:56, said:

What does this picture from my most recent battle last night tell you?

 

 

 

that you get the same Random teams all us others do

 

or do you think you are the only one getting teams like that?


Edited by SwedishEOD, Apr 16 2018 - 15:59.


Benjeeh_CA #27 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 15:58

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 30071 battles
  • 880
  • [DBLTP] DBLTP
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

View Post__WarChild__, on Apr 16 2018 - 06:51, said:

 

What does that tell you about me?

 

that your brain functions on a higher level than most.

MacDaddyMatty #28 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 15:59

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 26678 battles
  • 6,370
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    10-07-2016

View Post__WarChild__, on Apr 16 2018 - 09:56, said:

What does this picture from my most recent battle last night tell you?

 


 

 

 

Small data set?

...and don't go near a casino today?

 

;)



__WarChild__ #29 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 16:01

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 20886 battles
  • 2,806
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0
  • Member since:
    06-03-2017

View PostSwedishEOD, on Apr 16 2018 - 08:58, said:

 

that you get the same Random teams all us others do

 

So by "random" you mean that we all get all the same % of bad and good teams right?  

 

Please don't use random if you don't know what it means.  You mean we all get the same.

 

What if some of us get these situations 8 out of 10 games?  I must be crazy to think that could happen I guess...



BattlecryGWJ #30 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 16:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 35086 battles
  • 7,367
  • [RSRDD] RSRDD
  • Member since:
    12-20-2011

View Post__WarChild__, on Apr 16 2018 - 08:56, said:

What does this picture from my most recent battle last night tell you?

 

That there was a high degree of difficulty in that match?

Prosqtor #31 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 16:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 59221 battles
  • 2,007
  • [ONION] ONION
  • Member since:
    12-16-2011

View Post__WarChild__, on Apr 16 2018 - 09:56, said:

What does this picture from my most recent battle last night tell you?

 

 

 

1. Your camo is really ugly.

2. You never had a class on probability.

 



__WarChild__ #32 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 16:04

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 20886 battles
  • 2,806
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0
  • Member since:
    06-03-2017

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on Apr 16 2018 - 08:59, said:

 

Small data set?

...and don't go near a casino today?

 

;)

 

Everyone goes to the "small data" set and that over a long period of time, it must all even out.  I get that.  That makes logical sense to many folks.  And so does flipping a coin 100 times and it landing on heads 50% of the time.  If we all do it, then we all must get that same amount.  Multiply that by 100 and it must remain the same as well I guess.

 

PS - I am not trying to sell any of you on my thoughts.  I know what I get.  I know how well I do.  I know my stats reflect so many things that aren't relevant to how well I can actually play the game.  I just want you to know that there are exceptions to every rule and you shouldn't be closed minded about that.



McChaffee #33 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 16:06

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 9992 battles
  • 370
  • [NEET] NEET
  • Member since:
    06-04-2011

View Post__WarChild__, on Apr 16 2018 - 15:04, said:

 

Everyone goes to the "small data" set and that over a long period of time, it must all even out.  I get that.  That makes logical sense to many folks.  And so does flipping a coin 100 times and it landing on heads 50% of the time.  If we all do it, then we all must get that same amount.  Multiply that by 100 and it must remain the same as well I guess.

 

PS - I am not trying to sell any of you on my thoughts.  I know what I get.  I know how well I do.  I know my stats reflect so many things that aren't relevant to how well I can actually play the game.  I just want you to know that there are exceptions to every rule and you shouldn't be closed minded about that.

 

A small data set will never even out if there is/are constant random variables.

SwedishEOD #34 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 16:08

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 59170 battles
  • 1,561
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    07-24-2010

View Post__WarChild__, on Apr 16 2018 - 16:01, said:

 

So by "random" you mean that we all get all the same % of bad and good teams right?  

 

Please don't use random if you don't know what it means.  You mean we all get the same.

 

What if some of us get these situations 8 out of 10 games?  I must be crazy to think that could happen I guess...

 

Yes we get the same random MM as anyone else , or do you really think the MM is out to get you?

Over enough number of battles you and I will have had the same percentage of "good" and "bad" teams....

So what is your definition of "random" since I appear to have the "wrong" idea about it...



BattlecryGWJ #35 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 16:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 35086 battles
  • 7,367
  • [RSRDD] RSRDD
  • Member since:
    12-20-2011
The really funny thing about all this is that even if WG open sourced the game there still wouldn't be consensus on the forums about the state of match making.

McChaffee #36 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 16:11

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 9992 battles
  • 370
  • [NEET] NEET
  • Member since:
    06-04-2011

View PostBattlecryGWJ, on Apr 16 2018 - 15:10, said:

The really funny thing about all this is that even if WG open sourced the game there still wouldn't be consensus on the forums about the state of match making.

 

I miss the glory days of getting matched up against IS-7s in my T-34.

Cognitive_Dissonance #37 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 16:13

    Major

  • Players
  • 39606 battles
  • 6,321
  • [ANASS] ANASS
  • Member since:
    01-31-2013

You know what, I started playing again a few months ago, and my stats tanked.

 

About 3 weeks ago I adjusted my play style and my stats (except for WR which fluctuates about a small mean and barely changes) all started going up, and I mean going up by a good chunk for a 35K battle guy.

 

Must be rigged.



BattlecryGWJ #38 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 16:18

    Major

  • Players
  • 35086 battles
  • 7,367
  • [RSRDD] RSRDD
  • Member since:
    12-20-2011

View PostMcChaffee, on Apr 16 2018 - 09:11, said:

I miss the glory days of getting matched up against IS-7s in my T-34.

 

I have a fond memories of spamming HE at Mauses from my M6.

24cups #39 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 16:18

    Major

  • Players
  • 23050 battles
  • 2,404
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    01-25-2013

View PostKlunk73, on Apr 16 2018 - 09:52, said:

The only thing Ive noticed is their are a number of times the MM places high skill players and/or clans on one team and not so much on the other.....and then a ROFL stomp quickly ensues. Has anyone else notice this or is just me.

But it doesn't guarantee a ROFL stomp. I've seen games where the platoon from a top clan yolo and they lose. Because MM cannot predict what players will do.



__WarChild__ #40 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 16:19

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 20886 battles
  • 2,806
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0
  • Member since:
    06-03-2017

View PostProsqtor, on Apr 16 2018 - 09:03, said:

 

1. Your camo is really ugly.

2. You never had a class on probability.

 

 

1) I earned that camo - literally LOSING my way up the rung from Levels 13-17.  But, luckily for me, in Ranked Battles you get rewarded for being the #1 Loser :great:

 

2) One day I might send you my masters thesis.






3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users