Jump to content


268 Version 4 How Did This Tank Make The Live Server?


  • Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

EdibleEmpire #81 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 13:38

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 23833 battles
  • 1,110
  • Member since:
    09-08-2010

I think the question is less about how it made it to live and more why hasn't there been a patch to nerf it and why are devs in interviews saying stuff like "maybe we will nerf it but maybe we won't".

 

Balance teams make mistakes in all PvP games. None are as slow at fixing things as WG.


Edited by EdibleEmpire, Apr 17 2018 - 13:39.


Kerosedge #82 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 14:05

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 19772 battles
  • 938
  • Member since:
    05-05-2013
I errd in my last statement, not only will it bounce gold from a 704. It can also bounce 3 shots of AP (310 pen if you don't have one) from the Death Star. That's upper and lower plate, angled sides.

Beyond stupid.

Kevlar1972 #83 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 14:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 21220 battles
  • 2,379
  • Member since:
    12-26-2012

View PostKerosedge, on Apr 17 2018 - 08:05, said:

I errd in my last statement, not only will it bounce gold from a 704. It can also bounce 3 shots of AP (310 pen if you don't have one) from the Death Star. That's upper and lower plate, angled sides.

Beyond stupid.

 

Shouldn't the death star overmatch the side armor at any angle?



strYker555 #84 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 14:37

    Captain

  • Players
  • 36292 battles
  • 1,921
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
I have more respect for the Obj.268 v4 than the hate and anguish I had for the Waffentrager E 100. That nasty OP TD crushed my M48 Patton WR% in my bid to 'spot' them. The Obj.268 v4 on the other hand cant clip me to death and its a  casement TD that I can maneuver around.

Kerosedge #85 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 15:13

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 19772 battles
  • 938
  • Member since:
    05-05-2013

View PostKevlar1972, on Apr 17 2018 - 08:36, said:

 

Shouldn't the death star overmatch the side armor at any angle?

One would think. 



Genada #86 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 16:19

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 52637 battles
  • 264
  • [CH4OS] CH4OS
  • Member since:
    07-05-2015

One thing is for sure the people that are in charge of balance at this game suck at their jobs. 

 

The North American guys may want to suggest that showing obvious Russian bias isn't going to win them over a huge amount of fans in the North American market.



General_Lee_Miserable #87 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 16:38

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 9869 battles
  • 2,217
  • Member since:
    07-27-2013

View PostGenada, on Apr 17 2018 - 16:19, said:

One thing is for sure the people that are in charge of balance at this game suck at their jobs. 

 

The North American guys may want to suggest that showing obvious Russian bias isn't going to win them over a huge amount of fans in the North American market.

 

Suck at their jobs? You could only dream of making a game that is only a fraction as successful as this one has been and continues to be. 

 

We are not the intended primary market for this game and never will be. It's a Russian based game with mostly Russian players. Decisions made will be in the interests of those players. We live with the results of those decisions. So be it. Learn to accept and deal with that fact or get out. Simple as that. I'm sick of whiners. 



usercar001 #88 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 17:14

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 13270 battles
  • 72
  • Member since:
    06-10-2017

View PostGenada, on Apr 16 2018 - 17:05, said:

Hey Wargaming any chance you can do something to address the 268 version 4? I mean really I am getting tired of watching people just drive it down a line murdering everything in front of it. 

 

This is really one of the reasons people playing tier 8 are so pissed off. You add tanks, do not even bother to think about the lower tier tanks it will be facing. It's op against tier tens, how in the hell is tier 8 tanks suppose to deal with it? 

 

It was good to see you work on tier ten and try to bring some of the tanks into a better spot but really all your doing now is powercreeping the ones your not updating. So in the end you will have to go and update all the others and then powercreep the now op tanks because you fail so hard at doing any sane balance.

 

The 268 Version 4 is the clearest example so far we have of how bad your testing process is and how badly you fail at game balance. The worst part is somehow you think the tank's balanced when EVERYONE that sees it knows how clearly it is not.

 

In interview WG states they are not consider changing the stats but if they are its going to get "ANOTHER BUFF"!!!!!

Edited by usercar001, Apr 17 2018 - 17:15.


boysenbeary #89 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 17:19

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 21023 battles
  • 555
  • [-P-] -P-
  • Member since:
    03-16-2013

Tanks like the Obj 268 V4 and Type 5 Heavy are major reasons I avoid tier 10

 

I should be rewarded for knowing the weakspots of enemy tanks

 

Any brain dead idiot can flank a tank obviously, but removing weakspots?

 

That is utterly ridiculous



Kenshin2kx #90 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 19:03

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 18092 battles
  • 6,115
  • Member since:
    07-20-2014

View Postboysenbeary, on Apr 17 2018 - 06:19, said:

Tanks like the Obj 268 V4 and Type 5 Heavy are major reasons I avoid tier 10

 

I should be rewarded for knowing the weakspots of enemy tanks

 

Any brain dead idiot can flank a tank obviously, but removing weakspots?

 

That is utterly ridiculous

 

Hahaha ... I still have twinges about things like arbitary weak spots ... then I remember that in WoT you can bring back the dead, instantly fix tracks and tanks operate without actual crew (that can still die, despite being invisible) ... I agree, it is hard to swallow, but IMO, there are harder things to swallow in WoT ... and not just a few either.

spud_tuber #91 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 19:42

    Major

  • Players
  • 49863 battles
  • 6,034
  • Member since:
    08-26-2013

View Post_Gungrave_, on Apr 16 2018 - 16:30, said:

 

There is overpowered which is the norm and then there is completely broken like the Waffle and the 264.

 

The list of broken tanks is a very small one.

WG actually nerfed the waffle, and it went from brokenly OP performance stats to almost worst in class performance stats virtually overnight.  The whole concept was unbalanceable.  



Kenshin2kx #92 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 19:49

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 18092 battles
  • 6,115
  • Member since:
    07-20-2014

View PoststrYker555, on Apr 17 2018 - 03:37, said:

I have more respect for the Obj.268 v4 than the hate and anguish I had for the Waffentrager E 100. That nasty OP TD crushed my M48 Patton WR% in my bid to 'spot' them. The Obj.268 v4 on the other hand cant clip me to death and its a  casement TD that I can maneuver around.

 

Yes, its the classic tradeoff ... simpler, cheaper and in theory more robust armor with less weak seams and joints ... butttttttt, no turret and sluggish traverse.  Leave the frontal confrontations to the big bores ... everyone else should be focusing on ways to flank or back shot tanks like the -4 en masse.



SteelRonin #93 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 20:35

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 22812 battles
  • 4,251
  • [SAKAI] SAKAI
  • Member since:
    09-13-2010

View PostKenshin2kx, on Apr 17 2018 - 15:03, said:

 

Hahaha ... I still have twinges about things like arbitary weak spots ... then I remember that in WoT you can bring back the dead, instantly fix tracks and tanks operate without actual crew (that can still die, despite being invisible) ... I agree, it is hard to swallow, but IMO, there are harder things to swallow in WoT ... and not just a few either.

 

Looking at your 268 V4, the tank needs a buff urgently, maybe with that you can reach 50% win rate with it.....You must be the only player with +200 battles and bad stats with it.......

Kenshin2kx #94 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 20:38

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 18092 battles
  • 6,115
  • Member since:
    07-20-2014

View PostSteelRonin, on Apr 17 2018 - 09:35, said:

 

Looking at your 268 V4, the tank needs a buff urgently, maybe with that you can reach 50% win rate with it.....You must be the only player with +200 battles and bad stats with it.......

 

Hahaha ... you are right.  Try as I might, I can't duplicate the amazing trend.  I like the TD, but it does not like me ... so sad, unrequited love ... :girl:

Edited by Kenshin2kx, Apr 17 2018 - 21:15.


riot_evo #95 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 01:59

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 13679 battles
  • 252
  • Member since:
    11-05-2013

So I bought into the hype. I free xp'd the whole line for this tank to give it a test run. First game I played conservative/semi-aggressive: 4.6k damage 5.6k blocked 3 kills. Lol we lost.

The second game I yolo'd: 2.4k damage 1.8k blocked and a win.

Over the course of 2 hours of switching back and forth between camping/conservative and yolo and some key notes.

1) not OP when fighting people who know how to fight it: e.g.. HE spam, after the 2nd/3rd HE crew modules demolished lit on fire (normally the first thing to happen)

2) OP when fighting people who don't have a clue- face hugged a maus and just cut him down (arty ks:(

3) terrain makes a huge difference - again can be negated with HE and arty (arty lights this thing up like a bonfire) 

4) squared off against another v4 I rocked back and forth AP took care of him and bounced all but 1 of his gold rounds - again intelligence of the opponent plays a huge role- another game squared of jge100 and 704, 704 only one to damage me, knocked out 1400 health with HE, jge100 bounced all it's rounds as it shot AP and gold only

5) knowing where to shoot, was penned frontally with AP by several tier 10s easily, tier 9s and a few tier 8s with AP, hell even a light tank RNG'd me lol

6) another big issue, mobility Jesus it's fast and reverse.... Lol definitely broken. However, traverse is brutal (working on 1st skill bia- can't give in honest review) when I've fought it I've exploited that weakness and track smashed it and even in corridor brawls I would take a punch and the get in on it and smash- autoloader clip it or fast reload med to do damage/ wolf pack.

 

So it's not stupidly OP, I will say after the games I've played. It is broken when played against people who aren't smart/lower tier makes an easy bully. Playing all tx it can get wrecked if you over extend quite easily.

 

The few things I think that need to be tweaked to give it less of an edge is decrease the top speed and holy hell decrease the reverse speed lol.



RedBaronK #96 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 02:29

    Major

  • Players
  • 39948 battles
  • 2,912
  • [MAIDS] MAIDS
  • Member since:
    11-26-2012

View PoststrYker555, on Apr 17 2018 - 13:37, said:

I have more respect for the Obj.268 v4 than the hate and anguish I had for the Waffentrager E 100. That nasty OP TD crushed my M48 Patton WR% in my bid to 'spot' them. The Obj.268 v4 on the other hand cant clip me to death and its a  casement TD that I can maneuver around.

 

Waffle died from HE yes? Can we say the same for 268-4?



EdibleEmpire #97 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 03:48

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 23833 battles
  • 1,110
  • Member since:
    09-08-2010

View PostRedBaronK, on Apr 17 2018 - 20:29, said:

 

Waffle died from HE yes? Can we say the same for 268-4?

 

I think people are confusing things. 

 

The Object 268 V4 is broken and OP but it's a tank that could be in the game if it was toned down.

 

Stuff like the WFE100 and Artillery are broken but not really OP. They're toxic to play against. They can ruin your game but they don't have a significant impact on which team wins (in most games).



Guido1212 #98 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 13:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 75955 battles
  • 7,771
  • [CARTL] CARTL
  • Member since:
    06-11-2011

View PostEdibleEmpire, on Apr 17 2018 - 12:38, said:

I think the question is less about how it made it to live and more why hasn't there been a patch to nerf it and why are devs in interviews saying stuff like "maybe we will nerf it but maybe we won't".

 

Balance teams make mistakes in all PvP games. None are as slow at fixing things as WG.

They are buffing the clan rewards tanks that have the best win rates on the server.  Their analysis of the numbers and what they mean is suspect.



That1Villain #99 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 13:48

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 20559 battles
  • 574
  • Member since:
    01-15-2015
I played in a platoon of three Obj 268 v4's the other day for 10 games, had 100% win rate for that session, all 3 of us were averaging 11-12k combined, hell  even playing solo anyone can easily net 2.5-3k damage and you could be the worst player on NA. If that doesn't say this tank is broken then nothing will. I will say though when teams just suck and you want to have some fun and troll people the Obj 268 v4 is the tank I play




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users