Tier 8 gets the shaft...stats to back it up.

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

sleeper_agent #21 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 05:09

Captain

• -Players-
  • 19681 battles
Some stats were tortured in the making of this post**

Kerosedge #22 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 05:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19604 battles
  • [CRIMZ] CRIMZ

View Post_Gungrave_, on Apr 16 2018 - 18:31, said:

I'd rather be in tier 10 games with my 8s than tier 8 games for the simple reason that I'm less likely to encounter full potato players not understanding the meta. Besides that the higher HP pools, more challenging gameplay, etc.

Besides...soon enough we will get the tier 8 only Frontline mode so all of you average players can quit crying about being the underdog.

You must not play Xs often. They're not potato players in Xs they're "Special" players in TX.

Kevlar1972 #23 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 05:46

Major

• Players
  • 21220 battles
Don't they already have tier 8 strongholds?

_Gungrave_ #24 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 06:45

Major

• Players
  • 40875 battles
  • [DPIX] DPIX

View PostKerosedge, on Apr 17 2018 - 05:13, said:

You must not play Xs often. They're not potato players in Xs they're "Special" players in TX.

You obviously missed the part where I said "less likely"

TankFullOfBourbon #25 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 07:48

Major

• Players
  • 24872 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostFPGT72, on Apr 17 2018 - 00:25, said:

We all have felt that tier 8 gets the shaft in MM...I figured with the new Italian tank why not keep a running total on how long to get the first perk.

Now I am a pretty middle of the road player, so take that into account on the number of games....this is not to be a reflection on the ability of me, the tank, anything....this is just what did MM do with this tier 8 vehicle.

Now the layout....bottom tier is just that...the bottom tier...tier 8 in a 10 game....tier 8 in a tier 9 game if there are no tier 7's....you are bottom tier.  Top tier...same deal you are top tier, no matter the rest of the team load out, you are top tier.  Middle tier....just that, there are tiers above and below you.  Same tier...a game where all vehicles are tier 8.

52 games to get the first perk.

29 games bottom tier....this is ~ 55% of the games played

5 games top tier....this is ~09% of you being top tier.

10 games middle tier...this is ~19% of the games played

8 games same tier....this is ~15% of games played.

Take it for what it is worth....just know you are going to get shafted over half the time being bottom tier in a game.  One heck of a way to reward those players that support the game with real money and buy prem tanks.

I understand the sample size is pretty small....I did run stats on the Tort. during the rush before the Death Star was removed from the game....the stats are close enough to the same to call it the same.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the new tank from Italy, I enjoy it even if I suck at it.....and I would buy it again...this is not the point....it is just how many games and where the MM places you.....you need to know that before you shell out your hard earned cash to be at bottom tier 55% of the time.

I think 55% is very good - that's not being screwed over. Reading the commentary here in the forum and listening to players in chat when the game started I got the impression tier 8 tanks are "always bottom tier". 55% means that it's really only happening half of the time. That's much better than all of the time. Joy!

FPGT72 #26 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 12:08

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36711 battles
  • [FYYFF] FYYFF

A few things to respond to....first.

Math iz haard....give me a break...or brake....whatever.

Second some good points...power creep is insane, 

As to other things....I will run some tests....and urge you to do the same.....I will do tier 4,6 as well....just to see.

But you do it as well....all you have to have is paper and a few lines that say bottom top middle same....put a tick mark at the start of the game....do real world testing.

If you are fine with it then you are fine with it.....if you have issues with it,....getting it out there with real world data from PLAYERS will make them change it if enough people want a change....we do not see 8 arty in a game anymore, scout tanks are not part of MM.....on boats you don't see games with 4 carriers.....they will make changes to the game if enough people [edited].....err bring up valid points with data to back it up.

We all know that WG has this data already....or at least they should.  

Trust me I am very....as in VERY vocal about what I find wrong with the game.....and tend to be a bit X rated in my comments.....I have tried to take the high road here and bring valid points up....and this thread has gone better then I thought it would.

Now I need to try an arty thread :)

24cups #27 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 12:21

Captain

• Players
  • 22558 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostFPGT72, on Apr 16 2018 - 18:25, said:

We all have felt that tier 8 gets the shaft in MM...I figured with the new Italian tank why not keep a running total on how long to get the first perk.

Now I am a pretty middle of the road player, so take that into account on the number of games....this is not to be a reflection on the ability of me, the tank, anything....this is just what did MM do with this tier 8 vehicle.

Now the layout....bottom tier is just that...the bottom tier...tier 8 in a 10 game....tier 8 in a tier 9 game if there are no tier 7's....you are bottom tier.  Top tier...same deal you are top tier, no matter the rest of the team load out, you are top tier.  Middle tier....just that, there are tiers above and below you.  Same tier...a game where all vehicles are tier 8.

52 games to get the first perk.

29 games bottom tier....this is ~ 55% of the games played

5 games top tier....this is ~09% of you being top tier.

10 games middle tier...this is ~19% of the games played

8 games same tier....this is ~15% of games played.

Take it for what it is worth....just know you are going to get shafted over half the time being bottom tier in a game.  One heck of a way to reward those players that support the game with real money and buy prem tanks.

I understand the sample size is pretty small....I did run stats on the Tort. during the rush before the Death Star was removed from the game....the stats are close enough to the same to call it the same.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the new tank from Italy, I enjoy it even if I suck at it.....and I would buy it again...this is not the point....it is just how many games and where the MM places you.....you need to know that before you shell out your hard earned cash to be at bottom tier 55% of the time.

You realize that same tier is technically top tier right? There is no one above you. 

FPGT72 #28 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 14:50

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36711 battles
  • [FYYFF] FYYFF

View Post24cups, on Apr 17 2018 - 11:21, said:

You realize that same tier is technically top tier right? There is no one above you. 

It would also be bottom tier with that logic....guess it depends if you are a glass half empty or glass half full kind of guy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users