North American champion whiner

​typical useless fanboi response

MajorVom #62 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 14:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28744 battles
  • [TBOOM] TBOOM

View PostAltSeagullBBM, on Apr 17 2018 - 08:00, said:

the player skill in this game is very poor:  XVM shows most players well bellow 50% win rate.

Do you understand basic math? It is literally impossible for the average win rate to be above 50%, and with the possibilities of draws, by definition the average is below 50%. Could you just uninstall the game and stop posting in our forum? Nobody wants to  hear your whiny diatribe. You aren't a true champion.

MajorVom #63 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 14:33

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28744 battles
  • [TBOOM] TBOOM

View PostAltSeagullBBM, on Apr 18 2018 - 00:07, said:

that is a business model of a company that I do not want to support.

There's the door! Go on, git!

That1Villain #64 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 15:17

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20559 battles

View Postuberdice, on Apr 17 2018 - 02:23, said:

OP, what do you mean when you say that Swedish TDs have "giant derp/brawler style guns with horrible accuracy"? Are you looking at the same Swedish TDs as the rest of us?

I think he means the lower tier swede TD's that have larger dispersion and low armor. OP seems to have been out of the game for a long while it seems

WangOnTheLoose #65 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 16:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 25583 battles
  • [TG] TG

View PostNecrodemus, on Apr 18 2018 - 08:12, said:

typical useless WoT hater \ anti-fanboi response..... and round and round the merry go round we go.

WangOnTheLoose #66 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 16:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 25583 battles
  • [TG] TG

View PostNecrodemus, on Apr 18 2018 - 02:28, said:

Give suggestions, you only get idiot kids with low intelect try their best to taunt you, never see any responses from WG, because the game is just fine.

Its a piece of feces that i love to play and hate to deal with.

It must take an amazing intellect to call people names all while spelling "intelect" wrong...........

Frankly, you don't give suggestions you always pop into threads and start insulting people.  Though to be fair you are at least correct about there basically being no interaction at all from even mods let alone anyone who actually matters.

_Gungrave_ #67 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 16:36

Major

• Players
  • 41505 battles
  • [X-OUT] X-OUT

View PostNecrodemus, on Apr 18 2018 - 14:12, said:

So...you call someone a fanboy who didn't even make a comment supporting/praising WG.

Think on that for a bit.

Da_Craw #68 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 18:36

Major

• -Players-
  • 25519 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View PostWangOnTheLoose, on Apr 18 2018 - 09:27, said:

Though to be fair you are at least correct about there basically being no interaction at all from even mods let alone anyone who actually matters.

The new mods seem to making a try of it.  The map analysis of Glacier was a nice attempt.

docroberts #69 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 18:56

Captain

• Players
  • 18867 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX
Stay in retirement , WG doesn't care or we would still have the population we once had , or at least close to it . 

Kliphie #70 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 19:04

Major

• Players
  • 30272 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostZeedox, on Apr 17 2018 - 12:04, said:

A complete mis-ascription on your part.  English is hard, isn't it; especially sarcasm.

edit: I hope the semi-colon didn't prove too difficult for you to comprehend.

You might want to check your grammar before you cast any stones;  your second clause isn't independent.  

Nunya_000 #71 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 19:21

Major

• Players
  • 20987 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostAltSeagullBBM, on Apr 16 2018 - 23:00, said:

With the new 1.0 patch I thought I would make a return to wot.  The last time I played this game I had the pleasure of representing North America in Moscow Russia for their first ever world championship.

Who cares.  The fact that you were able to get a seat on the NA team has no relevance on your knowledge or ability at playing this game.

Block Quote

However even after a few hours of playing the ugly side of WOT began to show it's ugly head and reminded me of why this game is no longer relevant/up to current standards and does not deserve room on your hard-drive

This game certainly has a place on my HD and the HD of many others.  This game is very fun to play and, seeing the number of people with 20k+ battles, it is apparently fun for many other players as well.

Block Quote

This company seems to lack a basic understanding of how to balance (both in this game and in world of warships).  The new sweedish TD line is an excellent example.  They put giant derp/brawler style guns with horrible accuracy on tank chassis that have no armor and no hit points: meaning you have to knife fight with a tank that has no turret, no armor, and a poor hit point pool.  Meaning you have to rely almost solely on the horrible play of your opponents in order to have a good game. 

That is called balance.  Some tanks have good mobility, but poor guns.  Some have good guns, but poor armor.  this game has over 300 different tanks.  They all can not have good guns, armor, accuracy, etc.  if they did, then there would only be a need for 1 tank of each type at each tier.

Block Quote

Luckily though the player skill in this game is very poor:  XVM shows most players well bellow 50% win rate.

Of course most players are below a 50% WR.  It is called MATH.  When there is 1 winner every battle and 1 loser every battle and about 1.5% of battles played are draws, the average WR will be around 48.5%.

Block Quote

Every map (though nicely detailed) has an almost identical game play.  In each map there are 3 defined avenues of attack and choke points.  When combined with the REALLY bad spotting system means that most games either wind up with one team completely dominating the other or games where people barley leave their starting point.  Unfortunately in world of tanks it is completely viable to sit back in your base until there are only a few minutes left in the match.  

The spotting system is actually fairly good, once you understand how it works.  Yes, there are corridors, but a map for this game is very difficult to create without corridors.  The new maps, however, imo actually improve the maps and reduce the corridors.  While sitting in the back is certainly a tactic many players use, it is not really a viable tactic if you actually want to play this game.

Block Quote

The gun play is still EXTREMELY random.  You might as well roll the dice when shooting a target to see if the shell will penetrate, or even go where you aim it.  Combine this with premium shells and it is EXTREMELY frustrating.  You can bounce a high tier TD shell in a medium tank, and just as easily get penetrated in the front while driving a heavy.  The best you can do is put your tank in a position where you have a stronger likely hood of success.  This company REALLY loves to put a huge emphasis on randomness in the most important part of the game, the gunplay:  Unfortunately this removes a large part of the skill; and only gets worse as players progress up the tiers.  

Positioning your tank where you have a higher chance of success????  WHAT A CONCEPT!!!! 

The skill comes in when a player can be successful even with the randomness.  

Block Quote

The two tier difference in tanks in games.  There is simply to much of a difference in Hit points and firepower.  A tier 4 tank has no business fighting a tier 6 with double the hit points and armor.  ESPECIALLY when the other tank has more firepower and speed.  As a result a good player (top tier) can easily steam roll an entire area of the map.  This results in most games being won or lost simply by whoever has the better skilled top tier tank.  A good player in a bottom tier tank "can" make a difference, but a good player in a top tank is damn near unbeatable.

I have never had a problem when facing tank 2 tiers higher than my own.  While I certainly would not take on most tanks that are 2 tier higher than my own on a 1 vs 1 situation if I can avoid it, luckily you have 14 other players that could possibly help.  

A good player at high tier is not unbeatable.  The fact that you claim this shows how little you understand about this game.

Block Quote

Lastly I suspect that there is some sort of matchmaking algorithm that puts players with good stats consistently in the bottom tier of the battle.  I began keeping track and confirmed this.  In my last two days of playing it put me in the bottom tier nearly double the amount of times that it placed me in the top tier.

Well, no crap.  With the 3-5-7 format, there are almost s many low tier tanks in each battle than higher tier tanks.  Math (there is that word again) dictates that the odds are higher that you will be low tier.

Block Quote

My final conclusion is that the game has made progress (especially in the cosmetic areas) over the years, however not in the areas that really matter: Game play and balance. As a result this game is best suited for nostalgia and historical reference.  When one considers the expensive micro transactions and ridiculously expensive premium tanks I would not consider this game well balanced or a good value.

My conclusion is that you lack an understanding of this game and feel it needs to conform to what you do know about it.  My other conclusion is that this was a very poor 'review' and showed a complete ignorance of many aspects of the game.  If you do game reviews for a living, you might look into other career options.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users