On Track T110E5 Breakdown

29 replies to this topic

Jambijon #1 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 20:37

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3004 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Hello Tankers!

If you have yet to make it through the T110E5 line, I highly recommend you do since there is currently an “On Track” event active!  The T110E5 was my first Tier X and I it is still my favorite tank, even after the balancing.

On to the fun stuff.  So with the on track going on, I thought it would be a good idea to share my experiences with progressing through the line.  I’m just going to go over from tier 6-10 and for warned, this is just my personal experience so bear with me.

On track credit discounts:

• Tiers I - V 50% discount
  • Tiers VI - X 30% discount

Current credit prices for Tiers I - X:

1. Free!
  2. 1,750
  3. 15,500
  4. 63,000
  5. 217,500
  6. 619,500
  7. 1,015,210
  8. 1,827,000
  9. 2,548,000
  10. 4,270,000

Configuration comparison of different loadouts.  *Crew bonuses or equipment modifiers not included on all comparisons.

Tier VI M6: 

Load out comparison

Pros:

• Quick acceleration (when upgraded)
  • Excellent gun reload and DPM (2nd 76mm or 90mm)
  • Armor is fantastic when going against same tier or lower
  • Able to hold a bottleneck pretty well

Cons:

• Side armor is pretty bad, so HE/Arty does quite a lot of damage
  • Traverse speed is very slow
  • Terrible accuracy when shooting on the move
  • Be bottom tier is really rough.  Best to play a supporting role

My research path:

1. Tracks
  2. 76mm Gun M1A2 (skipped A1)
  3. Engine
  4. Turret
  5. 90mm Gun M3
  6. Radio

My main strategy with the M6 is to find a bottleneck and hold it.  The 76mm is decent if you are top tier.  Any other situation just use the 90mm.  If you catch a tank out in the open, track them and then punish with your excellent reload.  It’s one of the top armored tier VI besides the Japanese O-I.  Overall it’s a really solid tank that is pretty forgiving.  This is why it’s used in tier VI strongholds quite a bit.  Just don’t get on the wrong end of a KV-2.

Tier VII T29:

Load out comparison

Pros:

• Hull down monster! 
  • 105mm Gun does good pen and excellent damage
  • Turret armor is amazing
  • Great gun depression (-10)

Cons:

• Hull armor isn’t anything to write home about, but with the right angle you can definitely bounce some shots.
  • Not very accurate, especially with the 105mm
  • Stock engine is incredibly slow
  • Cupola is constantly targeted and is pretty thinly armored.  Shake that turret!

My research path:

1. Used M6 90mm gun
  2. Tracks
  3. Turret
  4. 105mm Gun
  5. Engine

Oh the T29.  I’m confident when saying, I think this is the best heavy for tier VII and it’s a tank I didn’t sell because I liked it so much.  Your primary role is to hold choke points and get somewhere what you can go hull down.  Also, I would also use this tanks amazing gun depression and “peak a boom” enemies over a ridge line.  I made it a priority to get the 105mm before anything else.  However, it might be a good idea to try and get the engine upgrade because the stock engine is painfully slow.   All in all, a fantastic heavy beast which I use for a lot of my heavy missions.

Tier VIII T32:

Load out comparison

Pros:

• When upgraded, its turret is almost impenetrable from the front
  • Excellent gun depression/elevation
  • Front hull armor is decent, angled better than its predecessor
  • Very good view range

Cons:

• Not a huge upgrade from the T29
  • Stock turret armor is abysmal and cupola is more noticeable than the T29
  • Gun accuracy, DPM, subpar penetration
  • Shot trap under the mantlet

My research path:

1. Tracks
  2. Turret
  3. 105mm (already researched from T29)
    1. Be sure to unmount it from the T29 so you don’t have to pay for another one when mounting on the T32
  4. Engine

The T32 does not hold the momentum of improved meant like the T29 did after the M6.  It actually falls short, but that doesn’t mean it’s bad.  The upgraded turret armor is fantastic and makes it pretty easy to hold flanks.  Other than its spotting range and turret, you can pretty much just play it like the T29.

Tier IX M103:

Load out comparison

Pros:

• Turret rotation greatly improved from T32
  • Great base pen, dmg, and accuracy (Stock/upgraded)
  • Tracks seem to absorb a lot of hits
  • Sloped frontal armor

Cons:

• Side armor seems nonexistent
  • Turret is not nearly as durable as predecessors
  • Easy to ammo rack
  • Lower glacis is a huge target

My research path:

1. 120mm T122
  2. Engine
  3. Tracks
  4. Turret
  5. 120mm M58

The M103 is played very differently then you may have been used to earlier in the line.  With the turret and higher gun depression it isn’t really a stay in one spot tank.  The gun is awesome so it should be more of a heavy support tank.  Almost played like a “heavy medium” style.  Don’t get me wrong, it can still bounce, you just have to be a little more careful with positioning since it’s not as forgiving.

Tier X T110E5:

Comparison of previous tanks vs T110E5
Tier X Heavy Comparison

Pros: 

• Incredibly strong frontal armor, turret and lower plate
  • Very high pen, fast reload, high DPM, great accuracy/gun handling, and depression
  • It is very mobile for such a heavily armored beast

Cons:

• Like the M103, the ammo rack is easy to hit
  • Side and rear armor are made of paper
  • Two weak points that are well known on the lower plate
  • Balance update in 9.17 reduced the cupola armor

You made it!  As I stated in the beginning of this thread, the T110E5 is my favorite tank hands down.  Update 9.17 did make the cupola easier to pen, that doesn’t mean its made out of paper.  There is still some armor up there.  I like to play the E5 as an “Active Heavy,” meaning I sometimes will like to go hull down and then reposition more frequently.  It’s pretty mobile, so flanking is very satisfying.  Also, if you feel your team has enough heavies, you can roll with the mediums. Okay, so that was my general experiencing running through the T110E5 line.  You may know most of it, if not all, but I think it’s good to have it has a visual reference for someone still progressing through the line. 

Side note, watching Quickybaby’s “Tech Tree Showcase” for the T110E5 was super helpful as well.  Just keep in mind this was done over a year ago and some things may have changed in terms of balancing.

Quickybaby: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/121601275

I hope everyone has a good day and let me know if you have any questions!

Edited by Jambijon, Apr 18 2018 - 21:08.
Updated Tier X comparison and I-X credit prices

CynicalDutchie #2 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 20:51

Major

• Players
  • 40091 battles
I remember back when they upgraded the armor, tank was actually good for a little while now it's back to being outperformed by British heavies again. Not to forget about the fact that the E3 is way better at being a heavy than the E5 ever was.

Eugen_ #3 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 21:05

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19543 battles
  • [OSSC] OSSC
T110E5 was never built

Silver_ReBangBang_Wow #4 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 21:13

Captain

• Players
  • 36850 battles
  • [SEIKO] SEIKO
Can we do something like eu does and vote for the tank that should be on track?

CynicalDutchie #5 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 21:24

Major

• Players
  • 40091 battles

View PostEugen_, on Apr 18 2018 - 21:05, said:

T110E5 was never built

So?

455_hero #6 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 21:34

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22277 battles
  • [4HIM3] 4HIM3

Let me see, you nerfed the E5, but put the 268 v4 in the game? lol

_Sergeant_Oddball_ #7 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 22:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14994 battles
I hope there is a rework on the cupola on the E5 in the works like they did for the M48 Patton lord knows the E5 badly needs a buff when British Heavies are better in every aspect that counts.

Genzing #8 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 22:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21653 battles

View PostEugen_, on Apr 18 2018 - 12:05, said:

T110E5 was never built

A lot of tanks in the game were never built..

pickpocket293 #9 Posted Apr 19 2018 - 18:01

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 27719 battles
  • [FD_UP] FD_UP

View PostJambijon, on Apr 18 2018 - 11:37, said:

Hello Tankers!

If you have yet to make it through the T110E5 line, I highly recommend you do since there is currently an “On Track” event active!  The T110E5 was my first Tier X and I it is still my favorite tank, even after the balancing.

On to the fun stuff.  So with the on track going on, I thought it would be a good idea to share my experiences with progressing through the line.  I’m just going to go over from tier 6-10 and for warned, this is just my personal experience so bear with me.

1. Free!
  2. 1,750
  3. 15,500
  4. 63,000
  5. 217,500
  6. 619,500
  7. 1,015,210
  8. 1,827,000
  9. 2,548,000
  10. 4,270,000

Configuration comparison of different loadouts.  *Crew bonuses or equipment modifiers not included on all comparisons.

Tier VI M6: 

Load out comparison

Pros:

Cons:

My research path:

1. Tracks
  3. Engine
  4. Turret
  5. 90mm Gun M3
  6. Radio

My main strategy with the M6 is to find a bottleneck and hold it.  The 76mm is decent if you are top tier.  Any other situation just use the 90mm.  If you catch a tank out in the open, track them and then punish with your excellent reload.  It’s one of the top armored tier VI besides the Japanese O-I.  Overall it’s a really solid tank that is pretty forgiving.  This is why it’s used in tier VI strongholds quite a bit.  Just don’t get on the wrong end of a KV-2.

Tier VII T29:

Load out comparison

Pros:

• Hull down monster! 

Cons:

• Hull armor isn’t anything to write home about, but with the right angle you can definitely bounce some shots.
  • Cupola is constantly targeted and is pretty thinly armored.  Shake that turret!

My research path:

1. Used M6 90mm gun
  2. Tracks
  3. Turret
  4. 105mm Gun
  5. Engine

Oh the T29.  I’m confident when saying, I think this is the best heavy for tier VII and it’s a tank I didn’t sell because I liked it so much.  Your primary role is to hold choke points and get somewhere what you can go hull down.  Also, I would also use this tanks amazing gun depression and “peak a boom” enemies over a ridge line.  I made it a priority to get the 105mm before anything else.  However, it might be a good idea to try and get the engine upgrade because the stock engine is painfully slow.   All in all, a fantastic heavy beast which I use for a lot of my heavy missions.

Tier VIII T32:

Load out comparison

Pros:

• Very good view range

Cons:

My research path:

1. Tracks
  2. Turret
    1. Be sure to unmount it from the T29 so you don’t have to pay for another one when mounting on the T32
  4. Engine

The T32 does not hold the momentum of improved meant like the T29 did after the M6.  It actually falls short, but that doesn’t mean it’s bad.  The upgraded turret armor is fantastic and makes it pretty easy to hold flanks.  Other than its spotting range and turret, you can pretty much just play it like the T29.

Tier IX M103:

Load out comparison

Pros:

• Sloped frontal armor

Cons:

• Easy to ammo rack

My research path:

1. 120mm T122
  2. Engine
  3. Tracks
  4. Turret
  5. 120mm M58

The M103 is played very differently then you may have been used to earlier in the line.  With the turret and higher gun depression it isn’t really a stay in one spot tank.  The gun is awesome so it should be more of a heavy support tank.  Almost played like a “heavy medium” style.  Don’t get me wrong, it can still bounce, you just have to be a little more careful with positioning since it’s not as forgiving.

Tier X T110E5:

Tier X Heavy Comparison

Pros: 

• Very high pen, fast reload, high DPM, great accuracy/gun handling, and depression

Cons:

You made it!  As I stated in the beginning of this thread, the T110E5 is my favorite tank hands down.  Update 9.17 did make the cupola easier to pen, that doesn’t mean its made out of paper.  There is still some armor up there.  I like to play the E5 as an “Active Heavy,” meaning I sometimes will like to go hull down and then reposition more frequently.  It’s pretty mobile, so flanking is very satisfying.  Also, if you feel your team has enough heavies, you can roll with the mediums. Okay, so that was my general experiencing running through the T110E5 line.  You may know most of it, if not all, but I think it’s good to have it has a visual reference for someone still progressing through the line. 

Side note, watching Quickybaby’s “Tech Tree Showcase” for the T110E5 was super helpful as well.  Just keep in mind this was done over a year ago and some things may have changed in terms of balancing.

I noticed that many of your research paths have tracks first (or at least early on)... It's most efficient/beneficial to use the suspension equipment so that you can spend accumulated XP on the things that will improve the tank performance first (turrets, engines, guns), then after all that's done, get the tracks and throw on the final piece of performance enhancing equipment. FYI.

FlakKnight #10 Posted Apr 20 2018 - 17:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12776 battles
I recommend against it on the balance.  The 110E5 is simply in an awkward place of not being mobile enough to make up for its weakspots.  It isn't worthless but there are so many better options (430u/113/5A/pending 277/M48/IS7 even).

TheseViolentDelights #11 Posted Apr 20 2018 - 17:46

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9755 battles
Have the T29, likely not going further in this line tbh.

moogleslam #12 Posted Apr 20 2018 - 17:47

Major

• Players
  • 38515 battles

For the first time in ~18 months of On-Tracks, I have decided to give up on this On-Track.  I only had to grind the M103 to buy the T110E5, which is usually pretty easy for me for a Tier IX in a two week span, but I can't even bring myself to do that.  Reasons:

• Progetto missions come first, and I want to play a couple of tanks where I'm averaging 1200+ base XP for that, instead of this thing where I'm only averaging 850 XP (albeit, I'm yet to unlock/buy any of the top modules, which would obviously help in the XP department)
  • I'm not a huge fan of Heavies, and the M103 certainly doesn't seem to be one of the better ones.  It's just a bit boring, and certainly with the current modules I have on it, lacks carry potential
  • This one does seem to have a higher XP cost than a lot of other XI's.  If my math is right, 186,300 XP to unlock all the modules, which is more than unlocking the T110E5 itself; 185,000!
  • It's probably not the most important thing in my life right now, nor the most exciting.  Which is obviously good, but sadly, WoT has sometimes been one of the more exciting things in my life.  #sad.

w1ckymagee #13 Posted Apr 20 2018 - 18:27

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21185 battles
T110e5 is a mediocre heavy at best currently. The mentioned weak spots are well known and pretty easy to hit and both are almost guaranteed to be ammo rack critical so you should expect too play most matches with a red ammo rack. Also with the seeming ubiquitous use of premium ammo any hit on the lower plate is going to damage. If you get decent spotting and can find a place on the 2nd line you'll find more success. At medium and longer distances your soft spots are less likely to get hit while the good (not great) accuracy of the 120mm will let you still be useful. This used to be my favorite heavy but it's a poor contender vs. the current batch of tier 10s.

spud_tuber #14 Posted Apr 20 2018 - 19:11

Major

• Players
  • 51133 battles
Absolutely no reason to go past the T29 unless you collect production machines.

T32:  gun has been power creeped bad, and lacks a pen and accuracy combination that allows it to engage all the armor around these days.

M103:  while certainly better than it was since the armor rebuff, it's still one of the worst T9 heavies performance stats wise.  Massive weak "forehead", mobility not nearly as good as other heaviums.

E5: no better than the 113 before the cupola nerf, since power creeped by the 1115, the s conq, 430U, etc.

Kaldor75 #15 Posted Apr 20 2018 - 21:41

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16670 battles
  • [-KFC-] -KFC-

View Postspud_tuber, on Apr 20 2018 - 18:11, said:

T32: gun has been power creeped bad, and lacks a pen and accuracy combination that allows it to engage all the armor around these days.

M103: while certainly better than it was since the armor rebuff, it's still one of the worst T9 heavies performance stats wise. Massive weak "forehead", mobility not nearly as good as other heaviums.

E5: no better than the 113 before the cupola nerf, since power creeped by the 1115, the s conq, 430U, etc.

This pretty much exactly.  My T110E5 collects dust mostly.  My T29 actually gets played a few times a week.  Only played them more this event just to collect the free stuff.

general_scrubdriver #16 Posted Apr 20 2018 - 21:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32955 battles
  • [FKX] FKX
quite some time ago i got to the t29 via the m4-e2, the t29 was sometime ago voted fav tank of the game. in the mittenguard 1v1 tourneys, we all miss, the t29 should win(possibly all)t/7 matches. just to show you. its pretty fun. front hull is (a little)soft. i ve fond not many tanks at all t/7 and below can consistently bounce shots. 8 is better, 9s yes there are them. the t32 isnt bad, when 8 was open for CW it could/would easily be used nightly, reason-is3 doesnt have the gun depression, giving the t32 a edge in usability. again the t32 front hull is a bit soft. also usable for 8 skirmishes. the m103 i was glad to get past, unloaded it the minute i unlocked the 110e5, heheh. have better 9s, and heavies at that. the e5 is ok, for pubbies it stands in, versatile and all. gun is good, high RoF, good mobility, front armor works, except for the two(or so)places, cupola, lower plate can be penned, and either side of lower plate. for t/10 teams and CW e5 is useful, may as well be a nightly pick into teams. i use spotting on mine. 

madogthefirst #17 Posted Apr 21 2018 - 06:30

Major

• Players
  • 23349 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS

View PostJambijon, on Apr 18 2018 - 11:37, said:

Hello Tankers!

1. Free!
  2. 1,750
  3. 15,500
  4. 63,000
  5. 217,500
  6. 619,500
  7. 1,015,210
  8. 1,827,000
  9. 2,548,000
  10. 4,270,000

Tier VI M6: 

Load out comparison

Pros:

Cons:

My research path:

1. Tracks
  3. Engine
  4. Turret
  5. 90mm Gun M3
  6. Radio

Tier VII T29:

Load out comparison

Pros:

• Hull down monster! 

Cons:

My research path:

1. Used M6 90mm gun
  2. Tracks
  3. Turret
  4. 105mm Gun
  5. Engine

Tier VIII T32:

Load out comparison

Pros:

• Very good view range

Cons:

My research path:

1. Tracks
  2. Turret
  4. Engine

Tier IX M103:

Load out comparison

Pros:

• Sloped frontal armor

Cons:

• Easy to ammo rack

My research path:

1. 120mm T122
  2. Engine
  3. Tracks
  4. Turret
  5. 120mm M58

Tier X T110E5:

Tier X Heavy Comparison

Pros: 

Cons:

• M6 - 10 degrees of gun depression and 240+ pen with gold, if you can't make they cry with 240 pen then you can't aim. It is a relatively small target if you get it hull down.
  • M103 - turret roof is a weakspot that can be over matched, using every degree of gun depression can help mitigate this. Turret will only bounce shells if pointed at the opposition.

Also never reference quickybaby

madogthefirst #18 Posted Apr 21 2018 - 06:32

Major

• Players
  • 23349 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS

View Postspud_tuber, on Apr 20 2018 - 10:11, said:

T32: gun has been power creeped bad, and lacks a pen and accuracy combination that allows it to engage all the armor around these days.

M103: while certainly better than it was since the armor rebuff, it's still one of the worst T9 heavies performance stats wise. Massive weak "forehead", mobility not nearly as good as other heaviums.

If it wasn't for the roof the M103 could be one of the best tier 9 heavies.

FlakKnight #19 Posted Apr 21 2018 - 08:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12776 battles

View Postmadogthefirst, on Apr 21 2018 - 05:32, said:

If it wasn't for the tank, the T110e5's cupola could be one of the best tier 9 lights.

spud_tuber #20 Posted Apr 21 2018 - 16:43

Major

• Players
  • 51133 battles

View Postmadogthefirst, on Apr 20 2018 - 23:32, said:

The mobility and the turret cheeks would still hold it back to some extent, especially when you consider the turret buffs many of the T9 mediums have recieved.  

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

Also tagged with On, Track, T110E5, Breakdown

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users