Should cap points be worth more xp than killing as I just got teamkilled for trying to get the full ...

greed full cap points xp

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

MacDaddyMatty #61 Posted Apr 20 2018 - 12:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 32630 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Postawildseaking, on Apr 20 2018 - 02:35, said:

I don't like competing interests. Some people have to cap because they're too slow to chase the last tank(s). Often times people go for kills instead of capping because they want the damage. Incidentally, capping is often a better way to lure enemies that you might otherwise lose to by chasing.

I've noticed that regardless of whether capping or 'no cap kill all' is in the best interest of winning, people do what is best for themselves and not the team. I usually see cap outs when slow tanks are too far away to defend or when people play a map wrong (ex. Mines because your team doesn't play town).

I think that teams should evaluate their strategy based on what is most likely to help them win. To achieve this, I want to eliminate the debate of cap or kill all with regards to experience. That decision should be based solely on what works best for the team. Whether your team caps or kills the last few tanks, I think all experience at that point should be shared. Sudden death situations are where WoT gameplay and teamwork shines. Everyone plays a part, even if they're not directly on cap or securing damage themselves.

Positive incentives motivate people more than negative ones.

Some good points here +1

Notably: "capping is often a better way to lure enemies that you might otherwise lose to by chasing"

as if I'm that last tank alive and quick enough, the draw of evading my pursuers and getting some reset points before I die makes my mouth water...

MacDaddyMatty #62 Posted Apr 20 2018 - 12:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 32630 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Postdeadizdead, on Apr 19 2018 - 21:16, said:

If you would like i can go find replays where people saying "no cap kill all" has lead to a loss due to hubris. You earn more exp for a cap win, than a loss.

Yup!

I've also noticed that usually the last red tank dies before the green team caps out, so people getting riled up because their teammates are capping misses the point of the game IMHO.

24cups #63 Posted Apr 20 2018 - 13:34

Major

• Players
  • 24580 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostKnagar, on Apr 19 2018 - 17:52, said:

You get less for capping than I would for kills and damage done. The right thing to do is not to screw someone like that.

But if I'm doing a mission that requires capping can I ask you not to kill all and would you listen  ? Even if the last one was near you  ?

Screwing someone goes both ways. 

EmperorJuliusCaesar #64 Posted Apr 21 2018 - 09:22

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostMajorZeke, on Apr 19 2018 - 09:36, said:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4309474#tundra-majorzeke-koda_t_24

I have instance before where allied tankers say off cap but this is the first time where I have been teamkilled for trying to reach full cap just because the enemy T29 has like 200 hp left and the tanks that wanted to kill him were so far away to do anything.

NA players for the most part have extremely low character, just read the chat for undeniable proof.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #65 Posted Apr 21 2018 - 09:46

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostJennaSyde, on Apr 19 2018 - 09:38, said:

In my opinion a win is a win I don't know about points but I do think ANY kind of teamkilling is both asinine and reportable.

Problem is, reporting does nothing whatsoever.  They should give us back the ability to send in replays.  Total crap that we can't do that.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #66 Posted Apr 21 2018 - 09:48

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Postminneerminneer, on Apr 19 2018 - 09:39, said:

The way I see it is you are securing more xp for yourself I think it's every 2 cap point up to 100 is 1 xp and if they shoot you when you are capping they instantly turn blue and if they kill you it is a insta ban

This SHOULD happen, sadly it doesn't always.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #67 Posted Apr 21 2018 - 09:50

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostGang_Starr, on Apr 19 2018 - 09:47, said:

Never understood the players that cap out when the friendly team is ahead by 10 tanks. People have missions and MoEs that they're grinding, why would you make the battle crappy for everyone by capping? 

Some missions require a cap to complete.....you think your mission is more important?  Why am I not surprised.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #68 Posted Apr 21 2018 - 11:33

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Poststeelandpain, on Apr 19 2018 - 13:19, said:

Easy fix, disable team damage, if no red tanks within X radius, where X can be 50m or similar. It doesn't add anything useful to the game.

They are, testing starts next month, to be removed in June or July.

Source: WG Developer Q&A.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #69 Posted Apr 21 2018 - 11:55

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostKnagar, on Apr 19 2018 - 14:52, said:

View PostBillT, on Apr 19 2018 - 16:34, said:

If I'm capping, I stand to get XP and PR for capping out.  You stand to get more XP if I get off cap and let you win.

We're BOTH doing the selfish thing.  You want me to give up my cap earnings so you can get XP.  I want you to give up XP so I can get cap earnings.   There's no moral high ground here. 

You get less for capping than I would for kills and damage done. The right thing to do is not to screw someone like that.

They aren't screwing anyone, it's cap OR kill all.  They are choosing to do what they like.  It doesn't matter if you like it or not.

Guido1212 #70 Posted Apr 21 2018 - 12:55

Community Contributor

• Players
  • 81883 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostSwedishEOD, on Apr 19 2018 - 19:04, said:

How do you differentiate them?

How do you tell one from the other?

You don't, but the cap missions don't explain the number of times you see this happen.  There's no good fix here.

Only thing I did when I tried for cap missions was to type in chat if I could find the time.  That's imperfect as well for lots of reasons.

darktemplardelta #71 Posted Apr 21 2018 - 15:00

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10467 battles
  • [-REM-] -REM-

View PostBillT, on Apr 19 2018 - 18:57, said:

Some missions require capping.  I've even seen players message "I need to cap for a mission", and nobody respects that.  So you can't really demand any more consideration from the people who decide capping is the best for their score.

Pretty much I had one particular mission to cap in a light tank took me several battles to complete due to teams being unwilling to let me cap.

Izgoy0899 #72 Posted Apr 21 2018 - 16:17

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 645 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE

View PostGang_Starr, on Apr 19 2018 - 18:47, said:

Never understood the players that cap out when the friendly team is ahead by 10 tanks. People have missions and MoEs that they're grinding, why would you make the battle crappy for everyone by capping? 

On the other hand there are those missions in the campaigns that require you to win by capping, or resetting cap.  Most will try the cap as it is easiest. 

Dain_Ironfoot_ #73 Posted Apr 21 2018 - 16:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 24219 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
Cap points definitely need to be worth a lot more... seems nearly worthless as it is now other than tactical use.

_Red_Saaryn_ #74 Posted Apr 21 2018 - 17:06

Captain

• -Players-
  • 23405 battles
  • [-IKR-] -IKR-

View PostGang_Starr, on Apr 19 2018 - 18:47, said:

Because some missions involve a full cap win, because some times players are useless ***** that get cocky because they have 2 tanks more than the enemy, they have 100% chance to ein by capturing but they are dumb enough to throw it away and hunt the enemy only to realize they are losing 2 to 5 then the so ****** try to cap when is already hopeless. They should have captured when they had the upper hand  but they decided to screw everything for everyone 

Edited by _Red_Saaryn_, Apr 21 2018 - 19:06.

slackware1995 #75 Posted May 01 2018 - 00:47

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 54308 battles

One of the biggest issues is that team xp is worth too much. It is what allows people to not play and still move up.   

If you personally do 0 damage, and no spotting, you should get near 0 xp no matter if your team won or lost.  It is really crazy that someone on the losing team can do 2 or 3 times their HP in damage and still get less xp than someone doing 0 damage on the winning team.

Make xp for damage worth much more (and therefore assistance xp). Make cap points worth much more and make add a team bonus (that would encourage people to cap and people to defend the cappers). Maybe make a cap win worth 50-75% of the xp that would have been gained if you killed all of the remaining enemy?.Also make defense points worth more XP. The whole point of the cap system is supposed to be to encourage the teams to fight over the cap circles.

Anything done to actively try to win should be worth more.  I'm not saying to get rid of Team xp, but it seriously needs to be toned down.

Edited by slackware1995, May 01 2018 - 00:49.

shackman #76 Posted May 02 2018 - 20:38

Sergeant

• Players
  • 49296 battles

First and foremost, players  need to recognize that WOT is a glorified arcade game.   Very little, percentage wise is historically accurate.   They have a very good game framework which they can literally render any tank concept  into  'create' a  'game' tank....'I have a BB  gun sticking out of a cardboard refrigerator box which I crawl in...' and wham  we have a WOT tank !!!!

They tried historical games but it failed because they used their arcade stats to suggest 2 Shermans could take out a Tiger...when in reality a Sherman could not even get close to a Tiger in the open filed...between stereoscopic aiming, range and shell velocity Sherman's had little chance at any type of range.      

Now to capping after realizing WOT is a historical shame and a glorified arcade game...

In real war, battles, encounters it is all  about taking objectives, positions, ground etc.....yea,  killing the enemy is a factor, but not the most important factor.   WOT turns this upside down, and so do  such stupid efforts as WIN8 where it is all about killing, damage etc.......anyone who has read history, battle history,  played a true battle simulation game (SPI/Avalon Hill) knows that the key to victory is achieving objectives of which 'killing' troops is only one of several variables.  WOT does not handle strategic objectives, nor really tactical objectives....only individual objectives because that is their business model..   Get individuals to play and pay,...I don't blame them at all...gotta make a buck.    

Back to capping,   (1) if a team mate causes you direct fire/ramming  damage to discourage your capping they should be immediately banned.   No question, no reprieve.   Too many players drinking the 'no cap' mantra because they think (actually most of them do not have an independent thought)  that capping is being a coward, a [edited]a non team player.....the same players that don't like arty..etc......(2) WOT needs to rethink and rebalance capping points vs, damage , spotting etc...I can score 100 capping points and yet reap less personal value then someone driving around shooting people...of course their shooting people maybe allows me to cap....

Lastly, a true example of 'capping'...in the game "3rd Reich" by Avalon Hill (1974), now it's 3rd/4th edition.....IF German paratroopers can pull off landing in London and holding London for one full game turn....Germany wins the 2nd world war  before game turn 3 or 4.     In other words, if Germany could have taken London via a quite, quick commando invasion....Britton is compelled to sue for peace.      That is what capping is all about and yea, in 3rd Reich, it happens maybe 10% of the time in which any player tries.....but invade and hold London, well you win.    

So, I will cap every time I can in which  it makes both tactically and strategic  sense...regardless of my team mates, my team mate shooting me, yelling obscene comments and more of less being [edited]..... why have bases as an objective if they are not worth the price to take and hold.

Also tagged with greed, full, cap, points, xp

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users