Crew Perks Meta and Equipment per Tank Type?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Belgian_BrainY #1 Posted Apr 24 2018 - 19:57

Private

• -Players-
  • 6994 battles

Hi community,

I'm new at this game and I want to improve my skill by having the 'right' equipment. 

Is there a Crew Perks Meta per Tank Type? Also, if possible, go in detail per Crew Member as some tanks have different crew members than others.

Is there a meta for the right equipment per tank type?

Heavy:
Arty:
Tank Destroyer:
Light:
Medium:

Gothraul #2 Posted Apr 24 2018 - 20:15

Major

• -Players-
  • 2056 battles
Ask enough people or at least take notice of streams, videos, and screen shots then you will find that people generally use the same perks and equipment across all the classes minus the use of Vstab because it is not available to sky cancer and TDs.

RC_1140 #3 Posted Apr 24 2018 - 20:30

Major

• Players
  • 58864 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-

Rammer, vstab, vents is usually good. Optics on some tanks if their view range doesn't suck. 6th sense, BIA, snap shot, smooth ride, off road driving, clutch braking, recon, situational awareness are usually good for any tank. Tanks that rely on camo should get that skill otherwise repairs. Get firefighting if you use food otherwise use an extinguisher. There are exceptions to equipment and skills but overall that should be fine.

On my 199 tanks I have 147 vents, 137 rammers, 55 stabilizers, and 57 optics. The rest of the equipment is random stuff for various reasons. The majority of my crews are fairly similar too. 

Edited by RC_1140, Apr 24 2018 - 20:34.

Da_Craw #4 Posted Apr 24 2018 - 20:55

Major

• -Players-
  • 25888 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5
Check out vbaddict.com for common equipment and skills per tank. 

NomaeTheJester #5 Posted Apr 24 2018 - 21:09

Captain

• Players
  • 13909 battles
If you aren't sure what skills to get, repairs is useful on almost everything, and camo is useful on all but the bulkiest heavies. Also, dont bother with smooth ride, it only gives a microscopic boost. Snapshot is decent tho

Tuzban #6 Posted Apr 24 2018 - 21:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27939 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostBelgian_BrainY, on Apr 24 2018 - 18:57, said:

Hi community,

I'm new at this game and I want to improve my skill by having the 'right' equipment. 

Is there a Crew Perks Meta per Tank Type? Also, if possible, go in detail per Crew Member as some tanks have different crew members than others.

Is there a meta for the right equipment per tank type?

Heavy:
Arty:
Tank Destroyer:
Light:
Medium:

Let's see. I'll talk about high-tier vehicles, in general.

For equipment

Lights and mediums: Rammer, Vstab, Optics.

Heavies: Rammer, Vstab, Optics or Vents.

TD: Rammer and two of Camo Net/Binos/GLD (or Optics).

Arty: Rammer, GLD, and Vents if you can.

Instead of Vstabs, auto-loaders with good unload/bad aim speed combination might want GLD instead. This depends on your crew and play-style, to an extent. Heavies can take either Optics or Vents depending on your preference. Personally, I take Optics if I can push my view range to 440+ m with it, no matter the tank type. For TDs, if your aim speed is bad, consider GLD, otherwise Camo net and Binos (or Optics) is usually a better choice. Arty is self-explanatory. You can leave the third slot free, if you can't equip Vents.

For skills

Arty can have whatever they want. Sure, camo might be useful, but it's not that useful.

For all others, take Sixth Sense and Brothers in Arms. Most tanks want Safe Stowage for their loader, as well (I would not put it on a commander). After that, lights take Camo first, Repairs next. Mediums take Repair and Camo, usually in this order. Heavies take Repair, TDs take camo. After those, you can't go wrong with Situational Awareness, Snap Shot, and Smooth Ride.

Some tanks might require more exotic skills. For example, FV215b requires you to have Preventive Maintenance, etc. but those are edge cases.

Disclaimer

I'm sure you can come up with some tanks or scenarios where these guidelines aren't optimal, but they work for 90% of the tanks, at least. I'm happy to discuss any scenarios you have in mind, if you need more advice.

Tuzban #7 Posted Apr 24 2018 - 21:21

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27939 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostDa_Craw, on Apr 24 2018 - 19:55, said:

Check out vbaddict.com for common equipment and skills per tank. 

That's really good advice. It's also how I started out. In my opinion, the player base undervalues Optics and overvalues Snap Shot and Smooth Ride, but as a starting point, it's really good.

w1ckymagee #8 Posted May 04 2018 - 18:37

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21590 battles
I would add that it depends partly on your roll/playstyle. In order for me are anything that buffs your view range, accuracy, rate of fire, mobility, camouflage, safety. I find I lean towards a mobile gameplay, so these things help a ton. There are some specific outliers, fo example some tanks seem to use their ammo racks for armor, I prioritize safe stowage on those. Take skills that compliment your playstyle.

cheapbooks #9 Posted May 04 2018 - 23:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 35716 battles
  • [CBKS] CBKS

these videos answer your questions:

Equipping Medium tanks: https://www.youtube....h?v=83PwayTp9Vo

Equipping Light tanks: https://www.youtube....h?v=3Y9H8XmPgII

Equipping Heavy tanks: https://www.youtube....h?v=TDLlohvf5y4

Crew Skills: https://www.youtube....h?v=3SfmbHLGxu4

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users