teamkill

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

24_inch_pythons #1 Posted Apr 25 2018 - 16:24

Major

• Players
  • 22406 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

Game would have almost certainly been a loss if I had been tk'd. Think about that next time you think about TKing someone. How rude is it to hand 14 other players and yourself a defeat because you don't understand how to play the game and want to take that frustration out on someone. As it was this person got a win they didn't deserve, because I wasn't selfish and wanted my team to win.

Moderated by Volier_Zcit

Edited by Volier_Zcit, Apr 26 2018 - 07:03.

Silversound #2 Posted Apr 25 2018 - 16:28

Major

• Players
  • 37867 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

I agree.

If someone isn't on a rampage, I try to leave them alone.

Even if they are blue.

However, if they hit me, they're Melba toast.

I save up my team damage for special cases.

Kliphie #3 Posted Apr 25 2018 - 16:42

Major

• Players
  • 29923 battles
  • [IOC] IOC
Once the "He" saw their light yolo the west side, he should have known he had just as good of vision in the east as they did.  I was impressed the Type got that close to you and didn't see you at all. 

24_inch_pythons #4 Posted Apr 25 2018 - 16:44

Major

• Players
  • 22406 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

View PostKliphie, on Apr 25 2018 - 09:42, said:

Once the "He" saw their light yolo the west side, he should have known he had just as good of vision in the east as they did.  I was impressed the Type got that close to you and didn't see you at all. 

​Your assessment is dead on. Some people just don't understand how the game works and can't read a minimap.

Camo is a powerful thing. That being said, though, I let him get insanely too close. I don't know how close but he was probably at like 55m or something.

TankFullOfBourbon #5 Posted Apr 25 2018 - 16:45

Major

• Players
  • 24662 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6
What did you do to "deserve" a TK?

24_inch_pythons #6 Posted Apr 25 2018 - 16:45

Major

• Players
  • 22406 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

View PostTankFullOfBourbon, on Apr 25 2018 - 09:45, said:

What did you do to "deserve" a TK?

Won the game.

But seriously, why do people TK? Either A, someone isn't being their personal slave in game. Or B, someone is pushing / blocking / bumping / shooting them.

I wasn't spotting where he wanted me to spot. I was spotting where it actually mattered.

MacDaddyMatty #7 Posted Apr 25 2018 - 16:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 23354 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

Blue TKer...

I'll bait em to shoot me so they get the bannhammer they deserve.

Fractured_Raptor #8 Posted Apr 25 2018 - 16:52

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 19182 battles
  • [-RISK] -RISK

View Post24_inch_pythons, on Apr 25 2018 - 10:24, said:

http://wotreplays.eu..._pythons-hwk_12

Game would have almost certainly been a loss if I had been tk'd. Think about that next time you think about TKing someone. How rude is it to hand 14 other players and yourself a defeat because you don't understand how to play the game and want to take that frustration out on someone. As it was this person got a win they didn't deserve, because I wasn't selfish and wanted my team to win.

If I see you griefing an ally you will catch a HESH shell to the back of the head. Other than that there's no reason to intentionally shoot friendlies. I mean, when I'm platooned with friends we'll shoot each other's tracks as a joke but we do it so no damage is done. We also do it at the jump so the person isn't exposed and screwed. When it comes to battle we put away the jokes. 

Edited by Fractured_Raptor, Apr 25 2018 - 16:53.

_Red_Saaryn_ #9 Posted Apr 25 2018 - 16:57

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14370 battles
  • [-IKR-] -IKR-
I'm a simple man...I see blue and I SHOT!!!!! Blue means traitors and traitors don't deserve to live neither the honor to fight in our side

24_inch_pythons #10 Posted Apr 25 2018 - 17:01

Major

• Players
  • 22406 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

View Post_Red_Saaryn_, on Apr 25 2018 - 09:57, said:

I'm a simple man...I see blue and I SHOT!!!!! Blue means traitors and traitors don't deserve to live neither the honor to fight in our side

​The blue is really there as a way to remind the offending player that they are subject to an immediate ban if they damage someone else. If you take a gun and vision out of the game for your team you are the one being stupid. If the blue player does it by damaging another teammate that's on them.

Fractured_Raptor #11 Posted Apr 25 2018 - 17:04

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 19182 battles
  • [-RISK] -RISK

View Post24_inch_pythons, on Apr 25 2018 - 11:01, said:

​The blue is really there as a way to remind the offending player that they are subject to an immediate ban if they damage someone else. If you take a gun and vision out of the game for your team you are the one being stupid. If the blue player does it by damaging another teammate that's on them.

This. If someone joins the match and they're already blue I don't bother them until they do something stupid, meaning they continue to grief others. Otherwise you're shorting your team a tank that could have made the difference between winning and losing. Sometimes people turn blue by accident. Either they miscalculate their driving and fall onto someone, or too many people YOLO into their shots. Then there's the cases where someone in a lighter tank has to try and flip over a bigger tank. Your only hope, without help, is to ram it and hope your momentum is enough to push them over. I had a Waffentrager Auf Putz IV spend three minutes or so flipping my 4005 off of its side. No damage was done to either of us, but it didn't help that I landed right next to a bunch of big rocks. 

Edited by Fractured_Raptor, Apr 25 2018 - 17:05.

_Red_Saaryn_ #12 Posted Apr 25 2018 - 17:08

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14370 battles
  • [-IKR-] -IKR-

View Post24_inch_pythons, on Apr 25 2018 - 17:01, said:

Blue is also a reminder of "you are a traitor and we war gaming wouldn't care if your own team kills you...that serves you right for traitor!" I don't care how much "potential" any blue could have. I have had my share of people shooting at my back while I try to defend or push with my heavies many people turning blue while they try to push me into enemy fire or cripple me so I can't get behind cover. If I see blue I SHOT BLUE. I don't care if we win or lose because of that. A single tank wouldn't make the difference if the whole team loses is because of lack of skill. I have seen teams with only 3 tanks obliterate 13 tanks without any worry 

Sgt__Guffy #13 Posted Apr 25 2018 - 17:10

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3433 battles

View Post24_inch_pythons, on Apr 25 2018 - 09:24, said:

http://wotreplays.eu..._pythons-hwk_12

Well played sir. You must have one hell of a camo rating. I always thought patrol duty medals were not worth jack. One of those medals you got peeking over the railway line on Widepark! You proved me wrong with your replay.

An object lesson in patience!

Your team mates, hmm, well. It came to mind how the hell do you (your team) let a lumbering enemy Type 4 get so close to  the allied base?! Not exactly the ideal stealth vehicle! Anyway, a happy ending despite the fact the one most "vocal" didn't achieve the advance on the hill. Good job you had some TD players with some savvy!

I learned something today.

Thanks.

Guffy. 

Edited by Sgt__Guffy, Apr 25 2018 - 17:12.

_Red_Saaryn_ #14 Posted Apr 25 2018 - 17:19

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14370 battles
  • [-IKR-] -IKR-
Before I forget, I'm not heartless, if the blue ***** apologizes I leave it there, because as***** never apologize and I know everyone makes mistakes

blairghoul #15 Posted Apr 25 2018 - 17:19

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 18709 battles
  • [NMBS] NMBS

I once saw lemminrush kill a arty that turned blew for teamkilling someone else.

as he was driving by he shot and killed the blue arty saying that " if he teamkilled once, what is to stop him again, he is now a liability to our team"

I get that if someone is being an [edited]and teamkills for no apparent reason, then they should be shot before they kill more of your team, or waste your teams energy on the win.

I do get the argument about not wanting to take guns out of the fight.

if someone starts the battle blue, who cares leave them alone.

if you see one of claus Kellermans Biggest [edited], that teamkill for no reason, then I think a teamkill could help save the match.

24_inch_pythons #16 Posted Apr 25 2018 - 17:38

Major

• Players
  • 22406 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

View PostSgt__Guffy, on Apr 25 2018 - 10:10, said:

Well played sir. You must have one hell of a camo rating. I always thought patrol duty medals were not worth jack. One of those medals you got peeking over the railway line on Widepark! You proved me wrong with your replay.

An object lesson in patience!

Your team mates, hmm, well. It came to mind how the hell do you (your team) let a lumbering enemy Type 4 get so close to  the allied base?! Not exactly the ideal stealth vehicle! Anyway, a happy ending despite the fact the one most "vocal" didn't achieve the advance on the hill. Good job you had some TD players with some savvy!

I learned something today.

Thanks.

Guffy. 

​Thanks Guffy! Maybe you'll try your hand at light tanks yourself. It's the most fun you can have in WoT! (unless you really like brawling, ha ha).

I looked at the camo on my HWK 12...  I have one crew member with 100% camo skill, one with 79%, and the third crewman with 0%. I also have camo paint and BIA for the crew and Vents. This brings the camo rating to 28.89%, which is ok. It's really more about using the bushes and solid cover effectively to stay hidden / safe.

churchill50 #17 Posted Apr 25 2018 - 18:03

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16162 battles
  • [HIME] HIME

Another good reason not to tk when I'm involved is what happens after the game. If someone tk's me (as happened yesterday when I "stole" someone's kill), I message them after battle to "have a little fun." I got this guy raging for a good 3-5 minutes in chat, which was hilarious.

Yes, it's a jerk move on my part, but I figure I'm just returning the favor.

24_inch_pythons #18 Posted Apr 25 2018 - 18:45

Major

• Players
  • 22406 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

View Postchurchill50, on Apr 25 2018 - 11:03, said:

Another good reason not to tk when I'm involved is what happens after the game. If someone tk's me (as happened yesterday when I "stole" someone's kill), I message them after battle to "have a little fun." I got this guy raging for a good 3-5 minutes in chat, which was hilarious.

Yes, it's a jerk move on my part, but I figure I'm just returning the favor.

​There may have been a PM...

BillT #19 Posted Apr 25 2018 - 21:25

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 26466 battles

If someone turns blue during the game and I'm close and have nothing better to do, I'd kill them.  I'm assuming here that I didn't see why they turned blue.   All I know is that an ally just TKd someone and now he's blue, and my best guess is that he's a threat to my whole team now.

But if someone is already blue at the start of the match, I give them a pass unless they do something hostile to a teammate.  My assumption is that whatever happened in the last game, the blue guy has probably had time to cool off, and now he has to score some damage against enemies to shake off the blue taint.  

To be honest, I so rarely see a blue tank in the game that it's just not a big issue.  Literally months go by between blue tank sightings.

But it is awfully tempting to  start a clan and call it "The Blue Tank Group".  :-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Man_Group

Realign #20 Posted Apr 25 2018 - 21:39

Captain

• Players
  • 27851 battles
  • [RS] RS

You turn blue to yourself to remind you that you're subject to a ban if you continue to team damage.  That persists but doesn't show you as blue to the team.  If you TURN blue to everyone it means you damaged someone that game.  I might or might not kill the blue player, depending on if I think they're a bigger risk to leave alive.  A blue 183 can obviously screw over your team before they get the ban as an example.  In any case if you find yourself turning blue, you get what you get.  It doesn't happen from the occasional mistake.

Also tagged with teamkill

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users