• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

DomoSapien #1 Posted Apr 25 2018 - 20:46

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14698 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Hello, Tankers!

I'm very excited to announce something I've been awaiting for a long time: more info about the Polish Tech Tree! I'm extra-excited about this one, because my family is originally from Poland. I can't wait to see more Polish vehicles featured in World of Tanks.

Fun fact: the Polish community is one of the largest communities on the EU Server, but we've got some Poles playing on NA as well! 

Anyway, check out the video below for more information about the upcoming branch on the Tech Tree, as well as the upcoming Polish Tier VIII Premium Tank that is hitting Supertest soon.

Once you're up to speed with the video, our Content Team wrote up a very interesting and informative article regarding the upcoming vehicles and a brief overview of Polish Armored vehicle history.

Check out the article here!

Do Boju! (that's "[onwards] To battle!" in Polish.)

Night1Silver #2 Posted Apr 25 2018 - 20:49

Captain

• Players
  • 42892 battles
  • [GIVUP] GIVUP
Looks like a THICC IS6

Al_Scarface_Capone_ #3 Posted Apr 25 2018 - 20:50

Captain

• Players
  • 36200 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

This might be a little odd to ask but why are they devolving a tier 8 premium tank when we already have the pudel?

Focus on the tech tree tanks over the premium? :D

Edited by _Offset_, Apr 25 2018 - 20:52.

Dockmaster #4 Posted Apr 25 2018 - 20:52

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 44221 battles
  • [ACES] ACES

View Post_Offset_, on Apr 25 2018 - 12:50, said:

This might be a little odd to ask but they are they devolving a tier 8 premium tank when we already have the pudel?

It's all about the bottom line and relieving as many players as possible of their hard earned cash.

Al_Scarface_Capone_ #5 Posted Apr 25 2018 - 21:07

Captain

• Players
  • 36200 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View PostDockmaster, on Apr 25 2018 - 12:52, said:

It's all about the bottom line and relieving as many players as possible of their hard earned cash.

lol my grammar wasn't added :D rip me.

yeah it just puzzled, already a premium tank so why add another? 

Lord_Magus #6 Posted Apr 25 2018 - 21:10

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 325 battles
So can the Rudy be moved over to the Polish tree? Or better yet have it and its crew made dual-nation since many people already bought it as a Soviet medium trainer?

DomoSapien #7 Posted Apr 25 2018 - 21:23

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14698 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Post_Offset_, on Apr 25 2018 - 14:07, said:

I suspect that the heavy will play much more closely to the end of the line, whereas the Pudel probably plays similarly to the beginning of the line. 

Also, the Pudel is a captured Panther, so why not add a Premium tank that was actually designed by Polish engineers?

tod914 #8 Posted Apr 25 2018 - 21:49

Major

• Players
  • 64228 battles

View PostLord_Magus, on Apr 25 2018 - 15:10, said:

So can the Rudy be moved over to the Polish tree? Or better yet have it and its crew made dual-nation since many people already bought it as a Soviet medium trainer?

Maybe just offer it for both nations.  Would reduce the chances of a fiasco.

General_Lee_Miserable #9 Posted Apr 25 2018 - 22:15

Major

• -Players-
  • 10204 battles

View Post_Offset_, on Apr 25 2018 - 20:50, said:

This might be a little odd to ask but why are they devolving a tier 8 premium tank when we already have the pudel?

There are a mix of mediums and heavies in the polish line. So, you'll have a trainer for each class. 

DomoSapien #10 Posted Apr 25 2018 - 22:28

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14698 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostLord_Magus, on Apr 25 2018 - 14:10, said:

View Posttod914, on Apr 25 2018 - 14:49, said:

Maybe just offer it for both nations.  Would reduce the chances of a fiasco.

Honestly, I have no idea what the plans are for the Rudy. 

As a Pole, with parents and family members who went through Soviet occupation firsthand, I'd say the case could certainly be made that Poland was not an independent nation at the time of "4 Tankers and a Dog" airing on television, and that the show, along with the vehicle itself, isn't truly "Polish." (On the other hand, it features Polish actors, speaking Polish, playing characters that are supposed to be from Poland, driving a t-34-83 for the Polish military. I recognize this is a controversial subject matter, and should probably mention that my personal deliberations on the matter don't necessarily represent the position of my employer.)

Personally I think it would be cool to have the vehicle be a dual-trainer, as WoT Console has quite a few such vehicles. However game design isn't up to me. Always happy to pass your suggestions on to the rest of the team, but I can't make any promises in regards to implementation since I'm not directly involved in that process. 

pickpocket293 #11 Posted Apr 25 2018 - 22:31

Captain

• -Players-
  • 34063 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 25 2018 - 12:23, said:

I suspect that the heavy will play much more closely to the end of the line, whereas the Pudel probably plays similarly to the beginning of the line. 

Also, the Pudel is a captured Panther, so why not add a Premium tank that was actually designed by Polish engineers?

So the end of the tree is a  bunch of heavies... Which means that everyone that bought the Pudel and put faith in WG that the tank would be a useful crew trainer get screwed. Once my crew moves to the heavies, the Pudel becomes worthless since there are no tech-tree mediums at higher tiers. I feel swindled, and I regret buying the Pudel now. If I had known that there would be no high tier polish mediums I would have never bought the Pudel.

Please pass on that feedback.

tod914 #12 Posted Apr 25 2018 - 23:36

Major

• Players
  • 64228 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 25 2018 - 16:28, said:

Honestly, I have no idea what the plans are for the Rudy. 

Personally I think it would be cool to have the vehicle be a dual-trainer, as WoT Console has quite a few such vehicles. However game design isn't up to me. Always happy to pass your suggestions on to the rest of the team, but I can't make any promises in regards to implementation since I'm not directly involved in that process. 

That's rather interesting.  That would be well received here for sure.  I recall seeing a post where they made a Pacific Island map for Console.  That's long over due to migrate over to PC.  Hint. Hint.

Almighty_Johnson #13 Posted Apr 25 2018 - 23:46

Major

• -Players-
  • 26042 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Post_Offset_, on Apr 25 2018 - 15:07, said:

Because this is a heavy.  The Pudel is a medium.  People will need to spin up crews, so a couple Prems are not a bad thing in advance of the main line.

It also gives the player base a chance to get used to the mechanics of driving and/or fighting the new line.  Also not a bad thing.

That Tier 8 is Uuuugggglllyyyy as sin!  It looks like an IS3 and a Churchill had a love-child.

Christojojo #14 Posted Apr 26 2018 - 04:00

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34565 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View Postpickpocket293, on Apr 25 2018 - 16:31, said:

So the end of the tree is a  bunch of heavies... Which means that everyone that bought the Pudel and put faith in WG that the tank would be a useful crew trainer get screwed. Once my crew moves to the heavies, the Pudel becomes worthless since there are no tech-tree mediums at higher tiers. I feel swindled, and I regret buying the Pudel now. If I had known that there would be no high tier polish mediums I would have never bought the Pudel.

Sorry but no sympathy - Caveat emptor- you did not know that far back how the tech tree was andis going to change. you took a risk as well as I did. This is the lowest of any offenses WG has done.

64sherman #15 Posted Apr 26 2018 - 05:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26637 battles
  • [MOZZY] MOZZY

View Post_Offset_, on Apr 25 2018 - 14:07, said:

Suppose they didn't add another premium vehicle.  

They would spend countless man hours and an unknown amount of money developing a tech tree.

They would make no profit from it. 

They would presumably do this with other tech trees in the future.  

WG runs out of money.  

See the problem yet?  

64sherman #16 Posted Apr 26 2018 - 05:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26637 battles
  • [MOZZY] MOZZY

View Postpickpocket293, on Apr 25 2018 - 15:31, said:

There will likely be mediums in the future.  Besides you can always retrain your crew from medium to heavy, they'll lose some skill but if you are as passionate about the Pudel as you seem I'll assume you've got plenty of crew skill to lose so it shouldn't be that big of a deal.  

TAG23 #17 Posted Apr 26 2018 - 17:33

Private

• Players
  • 42429 battles
  • [DPS] DPS

Sometimes PC version get shafted compared to video game console XBox/PS4. On video game console version, I recall German capture T-34 can use by Russian crews also unless is changed from what I read online.  If Rudy can't move back Polish tank tree.  Maybe have all the Polish crews able to use all Russian tank trees.  T-34/76 under tier 5 and able to swap for 85mm gun turret and still in tier 5 as perk. Polish Armoured Forces also use Crusader and Cromwell tanks or even M4 Sherman IC Firefly that able to swap out the turret for 76 and 105mm guns since they were also used during WWII.  Maybe have the Sherman Firefly as premium.

Edited by TAG23, Apr 26 2018 - 20:16.

pickpocket293 #18 Posted Apr 26 2018 - 17:43

Captain

• -Players-
  • 34063 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

View PostChristojojo, on Apr 25 2018 - 19:00, said:

Sorry but no sympathy - Caveat emptor- you did not know that far back how the tech tree was andis going to change. you took a risk as well as I did. This is the lowest of any offenses WG has done.

I'm not looking for sypathy-- I took the risk and I regret it now, so the odds of me taking any such risk again in the future are very, very slim. As a company, I would think that would be the opposite reaction WG would want from one its whales.

View Post64sherman, on Apr 25 2018 - 20:37, said:

There will likely be mediums in the future.  Besides you can always retrain your crew from medium to heavy, they'll lose some skill but if you are as passionate about the Pudel as you seem I'll assume you've got plenty of crew skill to lose so it shouldn't be that big of a deal.  

Of course you can, but that's not the point. If I train the crew for various Polish heavy tanks, they no longer are usable inside the Pudel after that point. That's the whole reason for my irritation. I can move the crew on and have a useless Pudel, or I can stay at tier 7 (lame) or I can *SURPRISE* open my wallet and buy another premium polish heavy. Eff that.

Altwar #19 Posted Apr 26 2018 - 18:11

Major

• Players
  • 57984 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View PostChristojojo, on Apr 25 2018 - 19:00, said:

+1 as I agree.  The Pudel was available to be bought as a premium tier 6 medium and the only thing I saw Wargaming insinuate was that there was a Polish tree coming in the future.  I seen a few in battle and they didn't suck, so I bought mine and have found it enjoyable. 

I look at the Type 59 as a previous example of a premium trainer that didn't have a tech tree for an age but there was an insinuation of a tech tree some day.

Lord_Magus #20 Posted Apr 26 2018 - 19:04

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 325 battles
So regarding the Pudel complaints...is there any chance of high-tier Polish mediums in the future of this tech tree? Did any of those Polish engineers also draw up medium tank design studies? And there's also the Polish modernizations of the T-54/T-55 (like the T-55AM Mérida​) which IIRC had better radios and different ammo racks than the baseline Soviet versions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users