Replacing the in battle Tank Icons? Can't find out where...

PoGS Icons Tank Icons

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Arctander2 #1 Posted Apr 26 2018 - 13:08

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 20035 battles

First, thanks so much to all those who work on making our mods, they really help add to a quality experience in the game. Personally, I'm using the Aslain mod, with the PoGS icons and I struggle with the colors a bit - particularly the lights & heavies who look near identical to me.

I used to tweak them so that the lights were brighter, and the heavies darker. I can't seem to figure out where to replace the files now though. It seems like they are all here: ...\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\1.0.0.3\gui\maps\icons\vehicle\contour

But when I replace them with my updated versions, they don't show up in game. Any suggestions on where I can find these files to replace them? BTW, happy to share what I've done if anyone wants them. Thanks!

Attached Files

• Attached File   PoGS-tweak.png   12.9K

heavymetal1967 #2 Posted Apr 26 2018 - 13:21

Major

• Players
  • 67773 battles

OP no clue, but if you don't get an answer here try posting on Aslain's forum.

If you haven't already of course.

Good luck.

Arctander2 #3 Posted Apr 27 2018 - 01:12

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 20035 battles

View Postheavymetal1967, on Apr 26 2018 - 07:21, said:

OP no clue, but if you don't get an answer here try posting on Aslain's forum.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did post there, he replied with instructions... which seemed pretty easy, but they're not showing up yet. Anyway, I'll update this thread with news of success if/when it happens. Or you can follow it on his forum: http://aslain.com/in...n-colors-a-bit/

Arctander2 #4 Posted Apr 27 2018 - 12:23

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 20035 battles

I got it working! Aslain is awesome, prompt and helpful replies. It turns out the icons are now setup as Atlas files in .dds format (which are just converted over from .png format) If you don't have a way to covert them, I used this website here: https://www.aconvert...age/png-to-dds/

All the files are found in the folder: World_of_Tanks\res_mods\1.0.0.3\gui\flash\atlases\

I had to edit 2 files battleAtlas & vehicleMarkerAtlas. I edited both as .png files and then converted them to .dds  FYI - Aslain thought it would be a lot of work that way, but I did it by using color replacement in Photoshop to get the colors I wanted. 

The necessary files are larger than I can upload here, but you can get them in the last post I made in reply to Aslain on the discussion there (you'll need an unzip program like WinRAR to extract them.)  http://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/11241-im-hoping-to-change-the-pogs-tank-icon-colors-a-bit/

Here's how they look now: 

PoGS-tweaked.jpg

Edited by Arctander2, Apr 27 2018 - 12:24.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users