• This topic is locked This topic is locked
171 replies to this topic

F0R_M07H3R_RU5514 #21 Posted Apr 28 2018 - 14:57

Major

• Players
  • 50368 battles
  • [_SF_] _SF_

View Postgoodlife250m, on Apr 27 2018 - 23:40, said:

Does anyone else wish they could just quit this game and never think of it again?

I took almost two years (2015/2016) off of the game.  When I came back, it took me less than ten battles to be as disgusted with the paste-eating, window-licking, zero-pride, zombies as the day I 'left'.

The mechanics, as flawed as they are, can be overcome, if you know what to watch for ... three shots pen for damage leaving an opponent with 10hp?  Don't waste your next shot in them, as it will ricochet, zero-damage critical hit or altogether miss.  You see that in battle, after battle, after battle ... so take that next shot on a different target the game will let you damage.

I'm in the middle of a break.  Maybe this one will stick.

Urabouttudie #22 Posted Apr 28 2018 - 15:03

Captain

• Players
  • 21057 battles

View Postriff_, on Apr 28 2018 - 04:31, said:

Do you believe that more people would play WOT's if WG stopped rigging game play/matches?

View Postriff_, on Apr 28 2018 - 05:45, said:

I may stop posting, if I would get an answer from the OP's.  But, 9 out of 10 times I do not.  I wonder why. :)

well if you're just looking for an answer...

Absolutely not...manipulating the player experience through the matchmaker is fundamental to the functionality of this game, it is necessary.

WG even says so in their patent...the process of forming teams is too complex to leave to random functionality and they felt they have to do it in order to keep the players playing.

The game is tactical and strategic...the player-base is not. It is the great disconnect.

The matchmaker makes the connection between the player and the critical thinking, in military terms, required to be competitive.

Of course it's rigged...it would be chaos any other way!

NeatoMan #23 Posted Apr 28 2018 - 15:08

Major

• Players
  • 26239 battles

View PostUrabouttudie, on Apr 28 2018 - 09:03, said:

...manipulating the player experience through the matchmaker is fundamental to the functionality of this game, it is necessary

WG even says so in their patent...the process of forming teams is too complex to leave to random functionality and they felt they have to do it in order to keep the players playing.

The game is tactical and strategic...the player-base is not. It is the great disconnect.

The matchmaker makes the connection between the player and the critical thinking, in military terms, required to be competitive.

Of course it's rigged...it would be chaos any other way!

In what way does any of that mean the MM is rigging players to lose, as the OP stated?   Manipulating your tier placement (in many cases giving you better tier placement) is not the same as making you lose.

Uraboutodie logic: 

"WG said they may give you a few games of preferential MM when you buy a new tank".

"WG said they will not let you get too many bottom tier matches in a row "

"conspiracy confirmed... WG is most definitely rigging games to make you win or lose!"

Dain_Ironfoot_ #24 Posted Apr 28 2018 - 15:16

Major

• -Players-
  • 22495 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

View PostUrabouttudie, on Apr 28 2018 - 13:02, said:

OP, remember these names responding to you...telling you that you're just crazy...

Remember them well...

For every time you ever post a thread like this again, these same posters will be here, saying the same things...

These same posters were here, saying the same things, years ago...anytime anyone posts a thread like yours...

So...if you think the game is rigged....get familiar with the forums and see what real rigging looks like

Yep, we're all actually Russian spies rigging the forums and MM and your life... so watch out, the next time you get stuck in traffic or at a red light when you are late - we are there... watching you... rigging your life.  :bush::hiding:

But seriously... read up on overcoming the victim mentality and self victimization.  Honestly hope it helps.  

Edited by Dain_Ironfoot_, Apr 28 2018 - 15:49.

da_Rock002 #25 Posted Apr 28 2018 - 15:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 7729 battles

View Postgoodlife250m, on Apr 27 2018 - 23:40, said:

Seriously.

Look at your battle results when on one of WG's "random" losing streaks.

In, let's say, 5 shots (and 5 pens, because yeah, more random RNG) I might do critical damage to an enemy tank maybe once, other than tracking them.  But during a wildly "random" losing streak, I just got hit 3 times and 2 of those shots destroyed my engine.

The game is fun/addicting, but the way they rig this crap and design the built in excuse of RNG, it's actually quite brilliant.  I mean humans really are just little sheep.  Give them something they like, and then give them a reason to rationalize their addiction and defend something like this "random" system, and they will deny that anything is wrong right up to their last breath.

Does anyone else wish they could just quit this game and never think of it again?

So how many thousands of players have said exactly what you've noticed?   Funny how many have said exactly what you're saying.  

I wonder how many players who've realized RNG just screwed them those 5 shots you mention, hung around after their tank blew apart and watched their allies get the same RNG treatment.   Funny how often that happens.     Actually it's not funny at all.   And that's the bottom line.    Not funny at all.

NeatoMan #26 Posted Apr 28 2018 - 15:53

Major

• Players
  • 26239 battles

View Postda_Rock002, on Apr 28 2018 - 09:39, said:

So how many thousands of players have said exactly what you've noticed?   Funny how many have said exactly what you're saying. 

Yep, they are all noticing what random is.

Block Quote

I wonder how many players who've realized RNG just screwed them those 5 shots you mention, hung around after their tank blew apart and watched their allies get the same RNG treatment.   Funny how often that happens.     Actually it's not funny at all.   And that's the bottom line.    Not funny at all.

hmm.. that's strange.  When I ghost along i can't get into their sniper view, or see where they point their reticle on the enemy, or how much they let it close before pulling the trigger.  What mod do you use that let's you see all that?

DUKE_AUTY #27 Posted Apr 28 2018 - 16:36

Captain

• Players
  • 36992 battles

You have to wonder about these players who, despite the blatant rigging, continue beating their faces against the wall.

There is also something odd about the quitters who continue to bad mouth the game but haven't played in two years.

You guys need a good therapist or bartender.

riff_ #28 Posted Apr 28 2018 - 17:24

Major

• Players
  • 27712 battles

View PostUrabouttudie, on Apr 28 2018 - 09:03, said:

well if you're just looking for an answer...

Absolutely not...manipulating the player experience through the matchmaker is fundamental to the functionality of this game, it is necessary.  Manipulating MM/RNG for you to lose games?

WG even says so in their patent...the process of forming teams is too complex to leave to random functionality and they felt they have to do it in order to keep the players playing.  As NMan stated, it lowers your tier placement.

The game is tactical and strategic...the player-base is not. It is the great disconnect.  Then the game is fundamentally flawed, not RNG or MM

The matchmaker makes the connection between the player and the critical thinking, in military terms, required to be competitive.  MM does not look at a players 'critical thinking.",  It does not use XVM or another performance scale.  Only WR and will give you lower tier if win have a higher WR.  Are you say that WG makes your MM/RNG worse if you win more games that lose.

Of course it's rigged...it would be chaos any other way!    This one line makes me think you are trolling.  We had to burn the village to save the village.  So if the OP WR went up to 53% from the 51%., the game would be chaos....OK.

As NeatoMan stated:

In what way does any of that mean the MM is rigging players to lose, as the OP stated?

To reply to your answer (your answer not the OP),  I can not because it does not make any sense, but I tried any way.:hiding:

Unicorn_ #29 Posted Apr 28 2018 - 18:24

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6110 battles

There's a lot of good things about the game. It's a shame MM, balancing, RNG, and their currencies system spoils the whole gameplay experience.

madogthefirst #30 Posted Apr 29 2018 - 01:51

Major

• Players
  • 23349 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS
:popcorn:

Chameleon_1999 #31 Posted Apr 29 2018 - 04:14

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 28544 battles

View PostF0R_M07H3R_RU5514, on Apr 28 2018 - 14:57, said:

I took almost two years (2015/2016) off of the game.  When I came back, it took me less than ten battles to be as disgusted with the paste-eating, window-licking, zero-pride, zombies as the day I 'left'.

The mechanics, as flawed as they are, can be overcome, if you know what to watch for ... three shots pen for damage leaving an opponent with 10hp?  Don't waste your next shot in them, as it will ricochet, zero-damage critical hit or altogether miss.  You see that in battle, after battle, after battle ... so take that next shot on a different target the game will let you damage.

I'm in the middle of a break.  Maybe this one will stic

woops, responded to wrong player. Sorry.

Edited by Voltare_2014, Apr 29 2018 - 04:18.

PFCWilliams #32 Posted Apr 29 2018 - 05:16

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 26309 battles

View Postgoodlife250m, on Apr 28 2018 - 05:40, said:

Seriously.

In, let's say, 5 shots (and 5 pens, because yeah, more random RNG) I might do critical damage to an enemy tank maybe once, other than tracking them.  But during a wildly "random" losing streak, I just got hit 3 times and 2 of those shots destroyed my engine.

The game is fun/addicting, but the way they rig this crap and design the built in excuse of RNG, it's actually quite brilliant.  I mean humans really are just little sheep.  Give them something they like, and then give them a reason to rationalize their addiction and defend something like this "random" system, and they will deny that anything is wrong right up to their last breath.

Without a doubt, the game is rigged like crazy.  

Blue_Light #33 Posted Apr 29 2018 - 05:37

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26885 battles

View PostF0R_M07H3R_RU5514, on Apr 28 2018 - 07:57, said:

I'm in the middle of a break.  Maybe this one will stick.

Oh but it is not rigged. :sceptic:

Urabouttudie #34 Posted Apr 29 2018 - 13:33

Captain

• Players
  • 21057 battles

View PostNeatoMan, on Apr 28 2018 - 06:08, said:

In what way does any of that mean the MM is rigging players to lose, as the OP stated?   Manipulating your tier placement (in many cases giving you better tier placement) is not the same as making you lose.

Uraboutodie logic: 

"WG said they may give you a few games of preferential MM when you buy a new tank".

"WG said they will not let you get too many bottom tier matches in a row "

"conspiracy confirmed... WG is most definitely rigging games to make you win or lose!"

View Postriff_, on Apr 28 2018 - 08:24, said:

As NeatoMan stated:

In what way does any of that mean the MM is rigging players to lose, as the OP stated?

To reply to your answer (your answer not the OP),  I can not because it does not make any sense, but I tried any way.:hiding:.

How about you useless trolls show US some definitive, OFFICIAL proof that WG is NOT rigged??

None of your self-serving "logged games" Neato...I don't buyit...your excel sheets are as believable as your posts...

Anything? Anything at all that proves you are correct and the game is not manipulating players session experiences?

Nothing?

Just more of your never-ending BS about how "crazy" everyone is for not believing you...

C'mon you little troll...anything at all??

o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7 #35 Posted Apr 29 2018 - 13:37

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 423 battles
  • [ITDED] ITDED

View Postgoodlife250m, on Apr 28 2018 - 05:40, said:

Seriously.

you misunderstand the game as so many people

"rng" is not random. thats because its biased to be within a range. its a computer controlled model. 

thats why you get games where things go well and games where it all goes to hell.  thats because the game is balancing the 25% rng towards that acceptable average range. its supposed to be subtle but sometimes it goes ham.

there is no conspiracy.

Kliphie #36 Posted Apr 29 2018 - 14:01

Major

• Players
  • 30791 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostUrabouttudie, on Apr 29 2018 - 07:33, said:

How about you useless trolls show US some definitive, OFFICIAL proof that WG is NOT rigged??

None of your self-serving "logged games" Neato...I don't buyit...your excel sheets are as believable as your posts...

Anything? Anything at all that proves you are correct and the game is not manipulating players session experiences?

Nothing?

Just more of your never-ending BS about how "crazy" everyone is for not believing you...

C'mon you little troll...anything at all??

Can't do tangible proof, but can present a thought experiment.  

• Wotzilla shows someone has hit battle on the Urabouttudie account 527 times in the last 90 days.  https://na.wotzilla....ls/Urabouttudie
  • Clearly, whoever posts as Urabouttudie on the forums believes they possess a modicum of intelligence. 
  • Only a moron would invest an average of nearly 6 games a day over a quarter of a year into an activity they believed was rigged. 
  • Therefore, we must conclude that either Urabouttudie is not as intelligent as they think or the game is not rigged.  

DrWho_ #37 Posted Apr 29 2018 - 14:41

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14983 battles

View PostStriker_70, on Apr 28 2018 - 06:24, said:

The problem with this game is that some people don't understand what random is.

It's def rigged because it heavily favors skilled players over unskilled ones, how's that fair eh ? eh ? eh ?

da_Rock002 #38 Posted Apr 29 2018 - 14:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 7729 battles

View PostDrWho_, on Apr 29 2018 - 08:41, said:

It's def rigged because it heavily favors skilled players over unskilled ones, how's that fair eh ? eh ? eh ?

The game clearly produces around 40% of the matches biased in favor of the skilled players.   The game itself pads their scores or at least gives them an advantage.    Amazing way to treat the less skilled and the newbies.  Even when they've worked their way up from the lower, seal-bashing tiers, they're treated like seals by the developers themselves.   Amazing......

Edited by da_Rock002, Apr 29 2018 - 14:53.

DrWho_ #39 Posted Apr 29 2018 - 16:29

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14983 battles

View Postda_Rock002, on Apr 29 2018 - 14:52, said:

The game clearly produces around 40% of the matches biased in favor of the skilled players.   The game itself pads their scores or at least gives them an advantage.    Amazing way to treat the less skilled and the newbies.  Even when they've worked their way up from the lower, seal-bashing tiers, they're treated like seals by the developers themselves.   Amazing......

Exactly !!!

So only 60% are biased towards the unskilled players, it should be at least 80% or even 90% for this to be fair

da_Rock002 #40 Posted Apr 29 2018 - 16:58

Major

• -Players-
  • 7729 battles

View PostDrWho_, on Apr 29 2018 - 10:29, said:

Exactly !!!

So only 60% are biased towards the unskilled players, it should be at least 80% or even 90% for this to be fair

lol      The 40% that are biased in favor of the skilled players would obviously be biased against the unskilled.  

As for the remaining 60%

Edited by da_Rock002, Apr 29 2018 - 17:01.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users