• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Dirizon #21 Posted May 01 2018 - 07:32

Major

• Players
  • 27063 battles
  • [THUGZ] THUGZ

View PostTahllol, on Apr 30 2018 - 19:43, said:

Lights don't take a ton of skill and less than arty since they can pen from long range and stay pretty much invisible. You actually have to pick your shots with arty since they take forever to reload and accuracy is usually crapped on by RNG. It actually takes still to help your team as an arty and not just focus on hitting stupid [edited].

lf you make bland, effortless, invalid claims with no evidence support, to whom are your arguments for and who takes them serious.

LT takes take among the most skill the game has to offer. What LT reliably penetrates at long range, except maybe AMX12T tier 6. They have pitiful health pools, pitiful armour ratings....all the things generally required for lower performance players to passively utilize. Whereas speed, camo mechanics are to be used actively and offer virtually no forgiveness at all when things turn sour. And late tier when things truly matter, when meds and heavy tanks are getting 38O+m view ranges already, and spot LTs when they do fire, it could mean a quick death. Late game? Most lesser skilled players are long time dead already as sui-scouts, and cannot capitalize when their LT actually means most. And what about corridor maps and less and less bush locations. LTs are just hard.

Not to be critical, but perhaps you understand very little about LTs themselves, and are quite off in your argument.

Ich_bin_Hass #22 Posted May 01 2018 - 07:42

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 73394 battles

View Postairsoft_man, on Apr 30 2018 - 16:42, said:

Its not the damage i hate.. its when you get stunned for more than 20 sec even when your behind a rock and they just "splash" you

If players hadn't cried about artty you wouldn't had that.

BillT #23 Posted May 02 2018 - 00:44

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 26465 battles
  • [FADES] FADES

View PostRECON_RANGER, on Apr 30 2018 - 18:15, said:

Arty needs severely nerfed.  Arty is anti-infantry, but why is it in a TANK GAME?

Artillery was in WOT three years before you were.  You're arguing that artillery is against the nature of WOT, when in fact it's always been part of the game concept.   You're the one who's confused.  You don't understand the game.

Look, it's OK that you would prefer a game where everyone drives tanks and dukes it out face-to-face.   That's simpler to play (without having to worry about arty) and makes it harder for an inferior player to hurt you (because you're a very good player). But stop pretending that's how WOT is supposed to be, because it isn't.  Me, I would prefer a game that had infantry and was much slower paced, but I realize WOT is a compromise between my ideal tactical game and your ideal arcade game, and I accept that bargain.  You should, too.

Since you've apparently never noticed, WOT is a 15-v-15 TEAM game, where each player's influence is very limited. Each team includes a mixture of tank types and tiers, and whoever uses their mix best wins.  Each class is supposed to play differently: some scout, some snipe, some brawl, and some shoot indirect fire.  Part of the game's difficulty is playing against all those different attack vectors.  Being a good player means being able to minimize them all.

BillT #24 Posted May 02 2018 - 00:52

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 26465 battles
  • [FADES] FADES

View PostRECON_RANGER, on Apr 30 2018 - 18:15, said:

Arty takes the LEAST SKILL to play.  You just sit and click.  You don't have to drive, move, go hull down, side scrape, peekaboom,  

So?

If you find arty boring, don't play it.

And if the nature of arty is to allow less-skilled players to be more competitive, I think that's a GOOD thing.   I think it's swell that players with slower reflexes, bad ping, low frame rates, or even a lack of knowledge can still find a way to play the game, contribute, and have fun.  People don't play WOT just to be your punching bag, you know.  The higher you make the skill floor for the game, the fewer paying customers WOT will have.

To me, it just sounds like you're jealous that your "inferiors" can enjoy the game. 

airsoft_man #25 Posted May 02 2018 - 14:13

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13447 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

View PostTahllol, on May 01 2018 - 01:08, said:

I cna't think of any Arty that can stun for 20 seconds straight in 1 hit at least not constantly.

Almost every Arty over tier 8 does.. My Tier 8 american arty sure does

D8_ASI #26 Posted May 05 2018 - 16:14

Private

• -Players-
  • 1604 battles

View PostBryukov, on Apr 30 2018 - 15:55, said:

Two most common mistakes are: 1) wait until the reticle is ALL WAY CLOSED - you will see a "lock" bump. Any open reticle can lead to a big miss OUTSIDE of it...and 2) NEVER shoot at a target you cannot hit, especially if it disappears. Bite the bullet, curse the gods, and save the shell.

-  BIA, vents, 6th sense and a ton of camo (except for the top 2 tiers where it's useless - check WOTINFO) are mandatory. BIA REALLY improves performance AND accuracy.

- this reduces reloads down to 16-28 seconds for most except the "bigger boys" in the 31-35s range. Yes, I have a 16s reload on an M44.

- in a few cases, the smaller gun is better (GW Tiger (p), etc.) you want to KILL things so pick targets you can finish off FIRST, and shoot faster.

- they reduced dispersion by about 15%, so .76m became .65m PER 100 METERS DISTANCE. That means MOVE UP! Moving 200-250m CLOSER significantly increases your accuracy. Arties that live on the back row and in the corners and the "usual" spots are...well, let's say not optimal players.

- MOVE after every shot, especially on mid and high tier maps where everyone "knows" where the arties are. And counter-battery those turkeys...lol.

Play like a tank - remove key support from a brawl area, shoot the weakest HP target first (same as ground forces concentrating fire on the weak target first), Go where you are need! You have a perspective of the entire battle. Oh, and notice that they covered the maps with fences, stone walls, and other things that divide the countryside. WATCH THEM EARLY ON! The enemy creates a road map of where they are going as you watch them knock down the dividers. Good for middle and end game recon as well...

Happy Shooting!

Good advice. I would add that I do not focus on easy kills. It is not about kills. You are a support vehicle, so whittle down your opponents so your team mates can kill them. We have targets all over the map. If your team mates have an area under control, focus elsewhere that needs help.

D8_ASI #27 Posted May 05 2018 - 16:20

Private

• -Players-
  • 1604 battles

View PostRECON_RANGER, on Apr 30 2018 - 16:15, said:

WG never nerfed arty.  Arty needs severely nerfed.  Arty is anti-infantry, but why is it in a TANK GAME?

Arty takes the LEAST SKILL to play.  You just sit and click.  You don't have to drive, move, go hull down, side scrape, peekaboom, NOPE.  In arty, u just sit and click.  The only think you have to have to be a good arty player is the ability to anticipate where the enemy tank will move, but this is not a "skill."  Arty are the hardest tanks to 3-Mark because they have the lowest skill level.  Everybody who plays arty all gets around the same damage so a good player does not get any separation because skill does not apply to arty.  

The ONLY reason I played arty was for the missions, but even then having never played arty before I was able to breeze through all the missions through the T55A all pretty easily because there is no skill involved.  U just sit and click. 

Spoken like someone who doesn't know how to play arty.

You DO have to drive, move, go hull-down to prevent being spotted. Arty has paper armor, so if you are spotted, you are easily killed by a Light or even other arty. You don't need to anticipate where the enemy is going to move to, unless you are shooting a moving target. It is much easier to hit campers and slow-movers like Heavies, arty and TDs. Anyone who just "sits and clicks" is not playing arty well and not doing much to help their team. Granted, it isn't for everyone. I hate playing TDs because I am no good at it. But that doesn't mean it doesn't require any skill. Skill is required to play any vehicle well.

P0NYTANK #28 Posted May 05 2018 - 18:28

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36413 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

_Gungrave_ #29 Posted May 05 2018 - 20:08

Major

• Players
  • 40712 battles

View PostLintinPocket, on May 01 2018 - 02:19, said:

Common error in both the historical use and the no skill involved comment. For a tank in the game to have a hit rate that arty does, severely reduced damage and to get top gun, top five in damage and assist the team in a win it has to be extremely well played. This is commonly called skill by talking humans. Problem with arty is same with other tanks it isnt played by competent players typically. They "sit and click"......

The other part of your erroneous thinking. I bet Rommel said the same thing at Kasserine Pass...WTH arty doesn't belong in this tank battle damn Patton! Perhaps you could talk to any Sherman crew asking why an 88 anti aircraft gun was doing in a tank battle.

I guess that is why its predominately played by sub 50%er players who can't play other classes with any skill. Also the only time arty ever took any skill to play was before it was buffed you had to really understand what you were doing to hit a fast tank moving at a decent speed. After the patch arty can doesn't even need to land shots on or beside the tank to splash/track them and yet ou want to tell me arty takes skill to play?

I played all the arty while working on my STE award before the class got buffed and even then it was still a broken class but now its even worse so don't even bother saying that it takes skill. The only time arty players will say that is to feel self important and try to give validation to a class that is effectively a detriment to the overall game experience just like anyone who plays and defends the overpowered 264.

MartysTank #30 Posted May 07 2018 - 17:38

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15823 battles
Lower tier arty still seems able to one shot tanks.

_Diogenes #31 Posted May 07 2018 - 20:58

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14956 battles
Are you smoking crack? Ban that SCUM! I'm sick and tired of the historical accuracy arguments supporting that scum. There was ground attack aircraft too, something that is missing here to balance it out. When there is three to a game they decide every game. It is unfair mechanic and I can't believe glue victims think its okay. I can't count the times all three gang up on my heavy and take it out before I manage to move the length of the tank. I am not contesting with artillery, they're just backstabbing scum who have no part in this game! How many games is there 6 scumtillery left over, three to team, all at a 100%? Without any check and balances in place it is just scum run amok. 1 per team at most or just get rid of it!  

Cmdr_Adama_BSG75 #32 Posted May 08 2018 - 01:19

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34742 battles
  • [HAL-X] HAL-X
I agree, limit the arty to ONE per team. Thats fair to everyone. Arty players would still get to sit and click like a video poker player, and the rest of us can go about playing tanks.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #33 Posted May 10 2018 - 12:17

Major

• Players
  • 25831 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Post_Diogenes, on May 07 2018 - 11:58, said:

Are you smoking crack? Ban that SCUM! I'm sick and tired of the historical accuracy arguments supporting that scum. There was ground attack aircraft too, something that is missing here to balance it out. When there is three to a game they decide every game. It is unfair mechanic and I can't believe glue victims think its okay. I can't count the times all three gang up on my heavy and take it out before I manage to move the length of the tank. I am not contesting with artillery, they're just backstabbing scum who have no part in this game! How many games is there 6 scumtillery left over, three to team, all at a 100%? Without any check and balances in place it is just scum run amok. 1 per team at most or just get rid of it!  

There are checks and balances, but many are too stupid or lazy to use them.  When hit, if you're not reporting the enemy arties' position to your arty, you're not doing your job and are partly to blame for them not being attacked.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #34 Posted May 10 2018 - 13:19

Major

• Players
  • 25831 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostCmdr_Adama_BSG75, on May 07 2018 - 16:19, said:

I agree, limit the arty to ONE per team. Thats fair to everyone. Arty players would still get to sit and click like a video poker player, and the rest of us can go about playing tanks.

They've already stated this isn't going to happen.

Tank_Destroye #35 Posted May 23 2018 - 03:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 9590 battles
arty isnt fine you talk about arty like its barely doing damage you must be playing with armour only as last i checked arty targets specifically low armour targets so they can get fast 1 shots at low tier or fast and accurate kills on light tanks that they now got the accuracy to hit 100% the time

DVK9 #36 Posted May 31 2018 - 22:49

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24400 battles
  • [-TX-] -TX-

View PostBryukov, on Apr 30 2018 - 16:55, said:

Two most common mistakes are: 1) wait until the reticle is ALL WAY CLOSED - you will see a "lock" bump. Any open reticle can lead to a big miss OUTSIDE of it...and 2) NEVER shoot at a target you cannot hit, especially if it disappears. Bite the bullet, curse the gods, and save the shell.

-  BIA, vents, 6th sense and a ton of camo (except for the top 2 tiers where it's useless - check WOTINFO) are mandatory. BIA REALLY improves performance AND accuracy.

- this reduces reloads down to 16-28 seconds for most except the "bigger boys" in the 31-35s range. Yes, I have a 16s reload on an M44.

- in a few cases, the smaller gun is better (GW Tiger (p), etc.) you want to KILL things so pick targets you can finish off FIRST, and shoot faster.

- they reduced dispersion by about 15%, so .76m became .65m PER 100 METERS DISTANCE. That means MOVE UP! Moving 200-250m CLOSER significantly increases your accuracy. Arties that live on the back row and in the corners and the "usual" spots are...well, let's say not optimal players.

- MOVE after every shot, especially on mid and high tier maps where everyone "knows" where the arties are. And counter-battery those turkeys...lol.

Play like a tank - remove key support from a brawl area, shoot the weakest HP target first (same as ground forces concentrating fire on the weak target first), Go where you are need! You have a perspective of the entire battle. Oh, and notice that they covered the maps with fences, stone walls, and other things that divide the countryside. WATCH THEM EARLY ON! The enemy creates a road map of where they are going as you watch them knock down the dividers. Good for middle and end game recon as well...

Happy Shooting!

This is what I do. I may fire 2 times then it is move your buttocks to your secondary position. When I CB I wont fire on anything until I see that shell trail. All tanks need to fire and maneuver if t hey want to avoid arty.

Pb_magnet #37 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 17:32

Private

• -Players-
  • 12329 battles
  • [W0RLD] W0RLD

View PostRECON_RANGER, on May 01 2018 - 11:15, said:

WG never nerfed arty.  Arty needs severely nerfed.  Arty is anti-infantry, but why is it in a TANK GAME?

Arty takes the LEAST SKILL to play.  You just sit and click.  You don't have to drive, move, go hull down, side scrape, peekaboom, NOPE.  In arty, u just sit and click.  The only think you have to have to be a good arty player is the ability to anticipate where the enemy tank will move, but this is not a "skill."  Arty are the hardest tanks to 3-Mark because they have the lowest skill level.  Everybody who plays arty all gets around the same damage so a good player does not get any separation because skill does not apply to arty.  

The ONLY reason I played arty was for the missions, but even then having never played arty before I was able to breeze through all the missions through the T55A all pretty easily because there is no skill involved.  U just sit and click. 

I agree. Well said!

I wish there was an option WoT could place check/click box in the settings that would offer players the choice to have SPG's in the game. Once checked you could play SPG free in your random matches. WoT could then take that information and use it as a little R&D. The worst games are the matches were you are facing three SPG's in the match. It ruins the game for everyone. Maybe WoT could compromise and just have one in every match.

S0JOURN #38 Posted Jun 03 2018 - 15:23

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15453 battles

View PostPb_magnet, on Jun 03 2018 - 04:32, said:

I agree. Well said!

I wish there was an option WoT could place check/click box in the settings that would offer players the choice to have SPG's in the game. Once checked you could play SPG free in your random matches. WoT could then take that information and use it as a little R&D. The worst games are the matches were you are facing three SPG's in the match. It ruins the game for everyone. Maybe WoT could compromise and just have one in every match.

I agree with having that option. I would be SPG free every game. I would like to see less then three SPG's per match as of late.

64sherman #39 Posted Jun 04 2018 - 06:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25000 battles
  • [MOZZY] MOZZY
People that enjoy playing arty, or who defend it's existence in game, have a legitimate mental problem.  I don't even think I'm allowed to make fun of arty players without it being considered a hate crime.  When I imagine someone with a tier 10 arty, I imagine an incel in a basement somewhere breathing through his mouth with his face 5 inches from his screen.  

Altwar #40 Posted Jun 04 2018 - 06:25

Major

• Players
  • 53986 battles
  • [A-F] A-F

View PostPb_magnet, on Jun 02 2018 - 08:32, said:

I agree. Well said!

I want my check/click box for no TDs as well.   Oh wait, it's Sunday, so I'm of a mind to have no heavies in my battles today.  Tomorrow is Monday so I want a check/click box for no mediums.   Friday's a party so I want a click/check box that allows for unlimited classes so there's battles where there are as many SPGs as players would like.   Oh, and I want a pref mm check/click box for my Super Pershing too.  And I'd like a Tuesdays to be a no Lights day so I can enjoy eating my tacos as while playing my SPG and reign fire on the 1 out of 3 times my SPG actually hits the target that is in a fully closed reticle.  And of course I won't move my SPG because that's how players play SPGs, as alleged by the people who post "remove SPGs from the game" 4 or 5 times a day.

Worst games are not the 3 SPGs per side in my opinion.  Worst games are the ones with players who immediately whine about there being 3 SPGs per side and either hide in the back, stay at cap and refuse to play, or suicide/yolo so they can get out of the present battle to move to another.  Those battles aren't a lot of fun when you have those kind of players, but I guess this game attracts people who just won't face a challenge...

Also tagged with ARTY, SPG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users