• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

eraser1 #41 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 01:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 19213 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostTahllol, on Apr 30 2018 - 18:08, said:

I cna't think of any Arty that can stun for 20 seconds straight in 1 hit at least not constantly.

All of the tier 10 artillery (BC58, CGC, T92, 261, GWE). Most- if not all - of tier 9 arty (GW Tiger, M53, etc.). In fact, it'd be easier to name which arties do not stun for 20 seconds reliably.

View PostAltwar, on Jun 03 2018 - 23:25, said:

Worst games are the ones with players who immediately whine about there being 3 SPGs per side and either hide in the back, stay at cap and refuse to play, or suicide/yolo so they can get out of the present battle to move to another.

Gee, maybe when the player base begins cowering from a specific thing, that thing is unbalanced in some way.

S0JOURN #42 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 06:25

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16049 battles
  • [IXGD] IXGD
Altwar: Give a legit defense or remove yourself. You said nothing to defend the low skill option of SPG's or having three in a match. Lets hear your response.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #43 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 08:01

Major

• Players
  • 29893 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Post_Diogenes, on May 07 2018 - 11:58, said:

Are you smoking crack? Ban that SCUM! I'm sick and tired of the historical accuracy arguments supporting that scum. There was ground attack aircraft too, something that is missing here to balance it out. When there is three to a game they decide every game. It is unfair mechanic and I can't believe glue victims think its okay. I can't count the times all three gang up on my heavy and take it out before I manage to move the length of the tank. I am not contesting with artillery, they're just backstabbing scum who have no part in this game! How many games is there 6 scumtillery left over, three to team, all at a 100%? Without any check and balances in place it is just scum run amok. 1 per team at most or just get rid of it!  

The developers of the game, designed the game WITH arty in mind, so yes, it does belong in the game.  YOU many not enjoy arty in the game, but the majority does.  WGs in-game polling told them this and EVERY "remove arty" forum poll fails.  Sorry, YOU are in the minority.  It's best to learn how to play with it because the developers told people the discussion was over and to move on.  They said they will not lower the limit of 3 per match and it will NEVER be removed from the game.   If you can't handle arty and want easy mode, there's always WoT Blitz.   :arta:

THIS coming from a non-arty player.  Many unicums consider it useful and necessary as well.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #44 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 08:03

Major

• Players
  • 29893 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostTank_Destroye, on May 22 2018 - 18:40, said:

arty isnt fine you talk about arty like its barely doing damage you must be playing with armour only as last i checked arty targets specifically low armour targets so they can get fast 1 shots at low tier or fast and accurate kills on light tanks that they now got the accuracy to hit 100% the time

If you're getting hit by arty often, you are a bad light tank driver.  Driving in straight lines or in predictable patterns.  I've got 4 of 5 tier 10 light tanks in the past few months and I've only been killed 3 times by arty.  Stop sitting still or driving in straight lines.  Arty is VERY easy to avoid.

UFOSAVY #45 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 14:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 12611 battles
I play arty a lot, it's fine now. (except 1558 BC, that's a joke what they did to that once very useful arty) I no longer one shot IS4s and meds etc. But one thing WOT have completely stuffed up is ENSK. If you spawn on base as TX arty ur a 75% chance of instant death, especially when the enemy scout spawns at the leading edge of their base. Its 50 thousand creds down the toilet because of thoughtless programming. So if I fluke a game of 5k damage in an arty now and then, I never listen to peeps bleating about getting smacked when you get smoked sitting in the open. R.I.P :arta:

EmperorJuliusCaesar #46 Posted Jun 11 2018 - 19:00

Major

• Players
  • 29893 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostPb_magnet, on Jun 02 2018 - 08:32, said:

View PostRECON_RANGER, on May 01 2018 - 11:15, said:

WG never nerfed arty.  Arty needs severely nerfed.  Arty is anti-infantry, but why is it in a TANK GAME?

Arty takes the LEAST SKILL to play.  You just sit and click.  You don't have to drive, move, go hull down, side scrape, peekaboom, NOPE.  In arty, u just sit and click.  The only think you have to have to be a good arty player is the ability to anticipate where the enemy tank will move, but this is not a "skill."  Arty are the hardest tanks to 3-Mark because they have the lowest skill level.  Everybody who plays arty all gets around the same damage so a good player does not get any separation because skill does not apply to arty.  

The ONLY reason I played arty was for the missions, but even then having never played arty before I was able to breeze through all the missions through the T55A all pretty easily because there is no skill involved.  U just sit and click. 

I agree. Well said!

I wish there was an option WoT could place check/click box in the settings that would offer players the choice to have SPG's in the game. Once checked you could play SPG free in your random matches. WoT could then take that information and use it as a little R&D. The worst games are the matches were you are facing three SPG's in the match. It ruins the game for everyone. Maybe WoT could compromise and just have one in every match.

And can we have boxes to not have to play with light tanks?  A box for heavies etc.  Now do you see how stupid that is.  It will NEVER happen.  It doesn't ruin the game for everyone, maybe for you, but the in-game poll revealed that the VAST MAJORITY enjoy the game WITH arty in it.  As for your last statement, WG has stated that the discussion is over and arty will NEVER be removed and they will not lower the current limit of 3 per match.   Best to get used to it and learn how to play with them.

leeuniverse #47 Posted Jun 12 2018 - 05:59

Major

• Players
  • 34641 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

Block Quote

ARTY is fine - they got it right

Nah....  AW "got Arty right" with some key improvements and features still needed to tanks and arty.

I enjoyed Arty as a player in that game, and as a tanker I wasn't overly irritated.  Still needed more HP and other things to further balance against arty etc., but Arty WAS almost perfect.

This game, playing Arty I want to shoot myself in the Head.

As a Tanker in this game I want to shoot myself in the head due to the High Damage shots still against lower armored (can be full HP derped), low HP levels of tanks, and the Stun... OMFG!!!

This game isn't even close to "getting arty right", let alone tanks also.

D8_ASI #48 Posted Jul 01 2018 - 19:47

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2006 battles

View PostTank_Destroye, on May 22 2018 - 19:40, said:

arty isnt fine you talk about arty like its barely doing damage you must be playing with armour only as last i checked arty targets specifically low armour targets so they can get fast 1 shots at low tier or fast and accurate kills on light tanks that they now got the accuracy to hit 100% the time

This made me laugh.
"... last i checked arty targets specifically low armour targets so they can get fast 1 shots..."
Um, no.   and are you saying that you only target the heavy full-HP targets? I doubt it.
"... that they now got the accuracy to hit 100% the time..." lmbo.
Not just no, but hell no. Crew skill level, gun dispersion, reticle bloom, and RNG all guarantee that 100% accuracy is impossible.

SMH

Sgt__Guffy #49 Posted Jul 01 2018 - 21:25

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3433 battles

View PostSenaKashiwazaki, on Apr 30 2018 - 16:40, said:

Arty is still dreadfully boring to play though....

For you maybe, not everyone. I enjoy playing it, particularly short range artillery which is my preference. I might agree with you with regard to high tier artillery, but not everyone plays high tier artillery. I have to admit the tier 10 British Conqueror Gun Carriage is a bit of a beast!

Ricardos #50 Posted Jul 02 2018 - 03:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 71170 battles
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-

ITS NOT FAIR THE THINGS THEY DID TO ARTY 3 TANK DESTROYERS , 3 SUPER HEAVYS ,3 LIGHTS  AND ARTY CAN'T TUNE WITH ANOTHER.

THE DAMAGE THAT ARTY CAN DO NOW IS NEXT TO NOTHING.

01LT #51 Posted Jul 02 2018 - 11:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 28944 battles

still think arty shots should not be 97% track shots. especially since the shots come down on you they should be something other than that. As in damaging other mods more then tracks.

One last thing give arty ability to shoot long lasting smoke  shells. LONG LASTING like a min or so. Thats is the only thing that i saw that came from frontline that I liked. the only thing, and frontline was another waste of DEV time.

Edited by 01LT, Jul 02 2018 - 11:43.

Also tagged with ARTY, SPG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users