Map Mondays Map guide maps map guide strategy

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Iron_Soul_Stealer #61 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 02:14

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles
Spoiler

Well, I guess I'm being ignored again by WG staff. I'm disappointed but not surprised.

DeadmeatTSM #62 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 21:53

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25108 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

The thing with province is it heavily favors fast tanks.  If you are a slow tank

caught trying to make a move it’s over. If you’re a fast tank that can make it across and up the road and catch the other team trying to get there first you win.  All about speed on that map. 

Iron_Soul_Stealer #63 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 02:35

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostYANKEE137, on May 12 2018 - 11:41, said:

​He's reporting on us!  Don't turn around uh oh! Der Kommissar's in town uh oh!

Well, still no adequate response from WG 'kitt-katt'. Not even a simple promise to help. I guess if I ever want to see Mittengard and Ghost town again....all I need is a miracle:

moon111 #64 Posted Jul 25 2018 - 03:19

Major

• Players
  • 30938 battles
  • [ANZI0] ANZI0
I stomped this map fairly easily in a top-tier dominate tank.  Because it's very uncomplicated.  The bigger badder win.  Game after game, I look at who lead the charge and it's the biggest and baddest and usually doesn't have a thing to do with talent of the player.  I hate this map with a passion.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #65 Posted Jul 27 2018 - 21:29

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

Block Quote

Map Mondays: Province

View Postmoon111, on Jul 24 2018 - 21:19, said:

I hate this map with a passion.

Well, that makes two of us.

I'm still waiting for my Mittengard Training room battles. We used to have so much fun brawling in that map. But I guess from the looks of things, they don't seem to want to bring that map back, even for training rooms. I asked politely for WG to give it back to us, including Ghost Town {as is -SD}, but nobody from WG is listening to me. They don't even respond to me anymore. Maybe that's why so many players left this game..? WG is systematically taking our fun away, while ignoring their players.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #66 Posted Oct 01 2018 - 01:46

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

^....still waiting....:coin:

Inzane007 #67 Posted Oct 08 2018 - 12:26

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19791 battles
  • [101RM] 101RM

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Oct 01 2018 - 01:46, said:

^....still waiting....:coin:

If you read what he said he answers your question pretty well actually

Vulcan_Spectre #68 Posted Oct 08 2018 - 13:54

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1597 battles
  • [ACE1] ACE1
is sacred valley and karhov gonna (or might) make a return? i loved those maps

Iron_Soul_Stealer #69 Posted Oct 18 2018 - 05:24

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostInzane007, on Oct 08 2018 - 06:26, said:

If you read what he said he answers your question pretty well actually

I respectfully disagree.

*Every time I log in to my garage I check to see if Mittengard AND Ghost Town was returned to us and put back in the training room mode, and I still don't see it. Even worse, I see no evidence that anyone from WGNA is doing anything to help bring these maps back {even just for training room purposes/small team battles and 1v1 etc.}.  So again, I continue to disagree. I think WG staff are deliberately and systematically blowing smoke in my face in hopes that I'll just go away and give up on this. And I don't appreciate it. I can't even get an honest and straight answer from them. I find this very unprofessional, and I'm very disappointed.

View PostVulcan_Spectre, on Oct 08 2018 - 07:54, said:

is sacred valley and karhov gonna (or might) make a return? i loved those maps

I remember that map. I liked that map.

*But I especially miss Ghost Town and Mittengard in the training room section. They are very fun maps to play because of their small size. Especially if you only have a smaller group of players that want to battle and brawl, or even just a 1v1. These maps were perfect for smaller groups of players. And I wasn't even asking Wargaming to put these two maps in their regular random battle map rotation. Just give them back to us for training room battles. I'd be perfectly fine with that.

Inzane007 #70 Posted Oct 23 2018 - 09:57

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19791 battles
  • [101RM] 101RM

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Oct 18 2018 - 05:24, said:

I respectfully disagree.

*Every time I log in to my garage I check to see if Mittengard AND Ghost Town was returned to us and put back in the training room mode, and I still don't see it. Even worse, I see no evidence that anyone from WGNA is doing anything to help bring these maps back {even just for training room purposes/small team battles and 1v1 etc.}.  So again, I continue to disagree. I think WG staff are deliberately and systematically blowing smoke in my face in hopes that I'll just go away and give up on this. And I don't appreciate it. I can't even get an honest and straight answer from them. I find this very unprofessional, and I'm very disappointed.

I'll highlight the answer for you then

View PostDomoSapien, on May 15 2018 - 18:47, said:

Well, like I said I added your suggestions to bring back Mittengard and Ghost Town to my feedback report. There is no WG Staff member that you can simply talk to and guarantee your suggestions are implemented. It's not a simple question of getting an inside contact and finding the right person to talk to. We do not cater to individual players, but rather the community as a whole. We value every player's opinion and we don't place more value on one player over another. 

With that in mind, one player's opinion does not outweigh the opinions of the entire community, while I respect your opinion, (and am happy to present it to my superiors) I can't promise you that I'm going to fight tooth and nail to bring back those two maps (Nor do I have the power to do so even if I did make this my personal crusade). If it fits into our design roadmap then it will be implemented, as far as we know there might even be development going on for these two maps as we speak. I've heard just about as much regarding Mittengard and Ghost Town as you have, so anything is possible. 

As for the insults that were directed at you, I'm sorry to hear about them. I am most definitely a "filthy casual" in that case, with my 13k battle count and mediocre stats. Elitism in the community is detrimental to virtually everyone, and I hope to see the conversations on our forums becoming more positive over time. 

So what this means is that he has submitted your feedback to bring back your favorite maps. He has acknowledged your request and he has done everything within his power to help you.

WG doesn't care about you or me for that matter. They care about us, the community. Instead of nagging a community coordinator for something that is out of his control, start a poll or a post to try and get the community's voice heard.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #71 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 07:12

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostInzane007, on Oct 23 2018 - 03:57, said:

I'll highlight the answer for you then

So what this means is that he has submitted your feedback to bring back your favorite maps. He has acknowledged your request and he has done everything within his power to help you.

WG doesn't care about you or me for that matter. They care about "us", the community. Instead of nagging a community coordinator for something that is out of his control, start a poll or a post to try and get the community's voice heard.

^...Looks like a staff "group-think" problem to me. Big mistake there...:facepalm:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groupthink

And in many cases {including this one}, I happen to believe the "collective group" is just plain wrong. Furthermore, I really don't care what the community thinks about these two maps. I enjoy playing them in my battle rooms. I want them back. And that's good enough for me.

As I stated earlier, I'm not being unreasonable here, and I'm not asking for too much. I'm not even asking WG to put these two maps back in regular random battle rotation. Nope. I'm simply asking Wargaming to return them back to our training room mode - as is. I'd be perfectly fine with that. Moreover, I'd even be happy if they were returned to us in their original SD {Standard Definition} format. So they don't even have to upgrade any graphics, or do any extra work, because it's already done.

*So, give me back Mittengard, and Ghost Town, Wargaming. No more "groupthink". No more excuses.

GHR1227 #72 Posted Nov 13 2018 - 19:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49417 battles
  • [TIGR] TIGR

So where does a TD that is squat to the ground set up on this *new* map?  Say an E25, Hetzer, or the KnJgPz105?

In my E25 I spawned on I think the South side.  I found many of the walls were too tall to sit behind and shoot without merely hitting the wall (again sqaut tank)

and bigger tanks (Hellcat and an E8) took all the good sniper bushes where there were no walls.  I tried behind the castle but I was too short to see over the wall without pulling up over it to have clear shots.  Left my E25 kinda a sitting duck unless I wanted to rush to the  enemy side and be a sniper.   However the walls on the two sniper hills are likewise kinda high for low TDs like the E25 which though it had gun depression cannot shoot over the walls without getting on them slightly which exposes your tank.

Given my limited positioning options on the hill and searching for some where I to shoot from I was sniped out by a hellcat on the perch (could not hit him back)

and I could not escape from because I had M44 firing at me too.    Very much ruined that game.   I managed a paltry 262 damage on the hellcat while I was

tracked by arty and missed 3x hit 2x.  I was on 2% of my HP by the time I got away.

So what would be the good position given the above issues?

HazmattsMilitia #73 Posted Nov 19 2018 - 21:02

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11473 battles
I Love the Province map!

Iron_Soul_Stealer #74 Posted Nov 22 2018 - 01:20

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on May 11 2018 - 11:04, said:

Feedback is fair and good! Making a note of everyone's feedback and adding it to my next report.

I think you may be overestimating the amount of control over development that a Community Coordinator has. There is no way for me to personally guarantee the implementation of a suggestion, or somehow bring maps back into rotation or the game client in general. Apologies, but currently I feel my time is better spent writing guides for maps that are currently in rotation. If Mittengard or Ghost Town are brought back, I promise I'll make guides before they hit the live server, just like I did for Province. But yes, I'll make a note of it in my next report as well!

You still out there, Domo..?

*Again, all I'm asking for is your promise that you will genuinely try to help return these two maps to us. I'm not asking you for a personal guarantee, but so far, I'm not seeing any evidence that you are even trying to help with my issue.

*Mittengard and Ghost Town are very fun maps. And because of their small size, they are perfect for smaller group training room battles and for 1v1. And again, I'm not asking you, or WG, to put those two maps back in the regular random battle map rotation. Just give them back to us for training room battles. I'm fine with that.

And in case you missed this, Domo:

Spoiler

Enjoy your holidays.

Also tagged with Map Mondays, Map guide, maps, map, guide, strategy

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users