Camouflaged Stats

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
194 replies to this topic

WolfAttack_1 #181 Posted May 03 2018 - 05:31

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 36721 battles
  • [-RS-] -RS-
She is bolting to google now to see if there's a respectable rebuttal.  Not going to happen.

WolfAttack_1 #182 Posted May 03 2018 - 05:31

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 36721 battles
  • [-RS-] -RS-

View PostRena_Dyne, on May 03 2018 - 05:29, said:

I'm literally pointing out the basic measurements that are used for literally everything in the united states, like, oh, I don't know, a gallon of gas, a yard of string, a Mile. You know, the basic measurements we use in literally everything?  You know that big white 60MPH on a speed limit sign? that's imperial. That 24OZ bottle? Imperial.

Tell you what sugar, you seem to fail to grasp basic measurement units, so I'll give you something easy, why not go after my avatar, everyone hates furries after all, nice easy target so you don't have to strain that simple lil mind of yours.

Stop, just stop, turn around and walk out of the shop, before a machine turns you into pulp, metric or standard - CNC style.

Edited by WolfAttack_1, May 03 2018 - 05:33.

Rena_Dyne #183 Posted May 03 2018 - 05:37

Major

• Players
  • 8227 battles
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA

View PostWolfAttack_1, on May 02 2018 - 20:31, said:

Stop, just stop, turn around and walk out of the shop, before a machine turns you into pulp, metric or standard - CNC style.

Sweety, I've been ru..no, running would be an exaggeration, leisurely strolling circles around you. Your failure to grasp simple and basic concepts is impressive, I will grant you ,but does not make for a very enthralling tit for tat I'm afraid.

_Platform #184 Posted May 03 2018 - 05:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10656 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
OP continues to make a fool of himself. This has been a great thread to help pass time at work.

Rena_Dyne #185 Posted May 03 2018 - 05:39

Major

• Players
  • 8227 battles
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA

View Post_Platform, on May 02 2018 - 20:37, said:

OP continues to make a fool of himself. This has been a great thread to help pass time at work.

I'm playing other games and watching a flick, occasionally I just refresh to see what has drooled out of his mouth onto the keyboard and if it has any relation for once to an actual rebuttal, or if he just tries to shift again.  Sadly it more seems to be the latter mixed with a healthy amount of personal attacks as he lacks the cognitive higher functions to complete a basic rebuttal with anything concerning what remotely relates to logic.

Staz211 #186 Posted May 03 2018 - 05:39

Major

• Players
  • 25951 battles

View PostRena_Dyne, on May 02 2018 - 23:09, said:

Do...Do you not know that the Imperial System is literally what we call the measurement units in the United States?...It's a simple matter of fact that only a small handful of countries use it. But...Did you fail gradeschool or something?

Im glad you got to that post before I did. I was at a loss for words when I read it. 

simba90 #187 Posted May 03 2018 - 05:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15431 battles
  • [FD_UP] FD_UP

View Post_Platform, on May 03 2018 - 04:37, said:

IKR. It has just kept on giving.

:popcorn:

Rena_Dyne #188 Posted May 03 2018 - 05:41

Major

• Players
  • 8227 battles
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA

View PostStaz211, on May 02 2018 - 20:39, said:

Im glad you got to that post before I did. I was at a loss for words when I read it. 

So what do you think of the whole Motorcycle wedding idea. How are we gonna deal with the cake?

WolfAttack_1 #189 Posted May 03 2018 - 05:45

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 36721 battles
  • [-RS-] -RS-

Now these clowns are experienced machinists who, for some reason, think that their grade school terminology trumps all that is written in the Machinery's Handbook 29th edition.  Pretty soon, they are going to expound on their medical knowledge.  It won't stop there, folks, these people know it all and will tell you what you, in your career, what you don't know.  I am sure they are willing to demonstrate this.   Hmmm, let's bolt to nuclear reactors shall we.  They will throw all their knowledge of atomic physics at you and will use their enormous knowledge of the history of the systems of measurements to aid the discussion.  

Hang on, I need to get some popcorn, brb.

Edited by WolfAttack_1, May 03 2018 - 05:45.

Rena_Dyne #190 Posted May 03 2018 - 05:48

Major

• Players
  • 8227 battles
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA

View PostWolfAttack_1, on May 02 2018 - 20:45, said:

Now these clowns are experienced machinists who, for some reason, think that their grade school terminology trumps all that is written in the Machinery's Handbook 29th edition.  Pretty soon, they are going to expound on their medical knowledge.  It won't stop there, folks, these people know it all and will tell you what you, in your career, what you don't know.  I am sure they are willing to demonstrate this.   Hmmm, let's bolt to nuclear reactors shall we.  They will throw all their knowledge of atomic physics at you and will use their enormous knowledge of the history of the systems of measurements to aid the discussion.  

Hang on, I need to get some popcorn, brb.

So you're saying your special book DOESN'T use either metric or imperial measurements? Well [edited], I'm curious now, if it uses neither of those measurement systems ,nor the USCU system, what system of measurement does it use, since that was the topic at hand I'm sure you'll be glad to exposit on what the book says.

We'll also conveniently ignore that the argument was never about machining, but basic units of measurement and that you are doing your absolute best to try and shift to machining so you can try and be right, even though pretty much everyone is laughing at you and sees right through the facade. I guess this also means we're done with the anti-american rhetoric?

_Platform #191 Posted May 03 2018 - 05:49

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10656 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

Except I'm actually a QC tech at a machine shop.

Another L for OP. That's quite the stockpile.

WolfAttack_1 #192 Posted May 03 2018 - 05:56

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 36721 battles
  • [-RS-] -RS-

View PostRena_Dyne, on May 03 2018 - 05:48, said:

So you're saying your special book DOESN'T use either metric or imperial measurements? Well [edited], I'm curious now, if it uses neither of those measurement systems ,nor the USCU system, what system of measurement does it use, since that was the topic at hand I'm sure you'll be glad to exposit on what the book says.

We'll also conveniently ignore that the argument was never about machining, but basic units of measurement and that you are doing your absolute best to try and shift to machining so you can try and be right, even though pretty much everyone is laughing at you and sees right through the facade. I guess this also means we're done with the anti-american rhetoric?

It does not use those terms, however, if it does, that highly qualified QC Tech (_Playform) can site the page.

Staz211 #193 Posted May 03 2018 - 06:14

Major

• Players
  • 25951 battles

View PostRena_Dyne, on May 02 2018 - 23:41, said:

So what do you think of the whole Motorcycle wedding idea. How are we gonna deal with the cake?

Pretry sure we can fit a decent sized cake on the back of a Gold Wing. I'm down. 

WolfAttack_1 #194 Posted May 03 2018 - 06:23

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 36721 battles
  • [-RS-] -RS-

Look, I see where this is going and it is NOT about what a book does or does not say about the systems of measurements throughout the world.  This is also not about who is right or wrong.  This is an example of one player getting flamed by an utterly toxic community within the WOT forum.   

Unfortunately, this has been going on for years here.  If the trolls within the forum don't like you, they will bait you into saying something that will earn a forum ban.  This is nothing new and has been going on in every online game forum.  The object of the game here is to belittle someone until they quit the forum, the game, or get banned.  It's sickening that this is true.  The forum flash mobs, eager to put someone down for whatever reason, will never stop.   

Originally I posted a topic stating that stats can be misleading and that, quite often, I am in the top 3 of the team (notice that I did NOT say which team - winning or losing - there's a difference).  I said that this can result in a player using xvm can carelessly see those stats, in particular WR, and target that player as an "easy kill".  This set off an entire slew of replies to include insults, belittlement, and challenges (if you will) to rambled on until the thread wandered into other topics.

I, of course, love to use extreme examples, coupling the arrogance of stat mongers with the same arrogance that destroyed reactor #4 at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant in the Ukraine.  Other topics sprouted and somehow Motorcycles became a highlight of the thread, with Metric (foreign) vs American bikes as the stage.  Now, remember, this started as a stat / xvm / tomato thread and it careened into other areas of discussion, to include what standard of measurement the U.S. has versus the rest of the planet. 

Notice a pattern here?  It was ALWAYS one thing Versus ANOTHER.  The ol' "one up" routine where someone is always going to be better than someone else.  Unfortunately, this is routine in this forum and, I am sure, it is the same for many other gaming communities.  The problem I see here is that the game's (wot na) player base does not need to lose any more (700 Megawatt vs 200 Megawatt) or the game will eventually "shut down" 

No doubt, the belittlement will continue after this is posted ("another L for the OP") but remember, players here are players for wot.  I would argue that if all the players below 48% WR left the game,  that would equate to a core breach for the game itself.  Who here wants that?   WGing has their reasons for little or no true game development and I don't believe that will change, at least for NA.  Who can blame them, they hate us here in the U.S.   

Losing players is not the solution. The constant belittlement exacerbates it all.  Arguably, the NA's player base worst enemy is, well, the player base.

_Platform #195 Posted May 03 2018 - 06:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10656 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

This thread had no point at all other than you trying to thump your chest, which you've failed at miserably.

It has been a great source of comedic relief, though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users