• This topic is locked This topic is locked
194 replies to this topic

WolfAttack_1 #21 Posted May 02 2018 - 01:41

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 37843 battles
  • [-RS-] -RS-

View Post_Platform, on May 02 2018 - 01:40, said:

You'd still be targeted with the Relic tags. If anything, they could just hide the names of the enemy team until the match is over. They already cut out all chat, so it wouldn't matter.

Do you believe WGing is making money off of exposed stats and xvm?

WolfAttack_1 #22 Posted May 02 2018 - 01:42

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 37843 battles
  • [-RS-] -RS-

View Post_Platform, on May 02 2018 - 01:41, said:

Don't look now, but your delusion is showing.

why are you trolling?

n00bfarmer #23 Posted May 02 2018 - 01:46

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21 battles

I don't use xvm in game but I can tell within the first minute or two who the bad players are, depending on their positions on the map. Most maps have key areas that need to be won and controlled right at the start. If I see our top tier tanks still meandering around our base instead of taking control of key areas, they are 99% of the time sub 50% w/r players in most tanks they play at all tiers. Basically bad players that cause losses for the teams most of the time. If i get a battle where I notice my allies seem to be taking control of the key areas, they are almost always 50% and higher w/r players. This has been a consistent observation of mine for the past six years.

Watch live streamers that use xvm in game and notice who usually dies first after doing very little damage. You will see the majority of players that die first and do almost nothing being the red/orange xvm color players. Usually they are all dead and the greens and higher are left on both teams to slug it out. Rarely do I see the opposite where the greens and higher xmv players all die first with only reds/oranges left. The strange thing is that all of the red/orange players usually are hiding in the back trying to avoid getting destroyed but some how they almost always manage to be destroyed before the greens and higher xvm players who were out there right at the start taking more risks.

Edited by n00bfarmer, May 02 2018 - 01:50.

_Vs #24 Posted May 02 2018 - 01:50

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 26180 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ

View PostWolfAttack_1, on May 01 2018 - 19:38, said:

If I cared as much about stats as you do, I would not have gainful employment.   If this game is that important to you (and I believe it is), remember, it is about 7 years old and not getting any younger.  With that said, I am often at the top of my team.  I cannot help that you do not, or will not, accept that.  Now, I have an accessory to mount on the Harley - much more important than this game will ever be. FLHRXS

I dont give a crapabout my pub stats. I dont need to. The people that matter know how good i am. As for employment i work a 9 to 5 job monday to friday so ive got that covered. You can be top of your team in some matches, but the numbers still dont lie. Your average damage, winrate, and other stats tell a completely different story than what you are claiming.

n00bfarmer #25 Posted May 02 2018 - 01:58

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21 battles

View Post__Mystic, on May 01 2018 - 20:50, said:

I dont give a crapabout my pub stats. I dont need to. The people that matter know how good i am. As for employment i work a 9 to 5 job monday to friday so ive got that covered. You can be top of your team in some matches, but the numbers still dont lie. Your average damage, winrate, and other stats tell a completely different story than what you are claiming.

He really believes that he is in the top three of his teams most of the time when the records prove that to be completely false. Isn't the definition of the word delusional because he believes something that is completely not true about his own abilities?

Kamahl1234 #26 Posted May 02 2018 - 01:58

Major

• Players
  • 18393 battles

View PostWolfAttack_1, on May 02 2018 - 00:09, said:

Quite the contrary,  that is what I want you to believe.  Overconfidence can and will lead to disaster. BTW, if you lean heavy on mods, shame on you.  Also, just because a player is in the top 3 often, WR is dependent on TEAM play, not individual effort.

I play the same as you, currently finishing off the last 8 or so tier 8 tanks in my garage (9 once the Italians come in) before I'm done all of tier 8.

Am rocking a ~56% win rate cause I tend to do pretty darn well in any tank. Individual play leads to a significant enough impact that your win-rate compared to the global average of ~48% will tell you if you're good or not. 56% means I win a lot more than average, due to my ability to play. Yours means you're slightly worse than average, basically being a slight detriment to all teams on average. 

Play better, you'll win more. It's how this and any game works, really. Even team based ones. 

Being top tier often should mean that you have ample ability to perform well. In your case unfortunately this isn't happening. You probably need to do more damage, live longer, and try to better prioritize targets to influence battles more. 

simba90 #27 Posted May 02 2018 - 02:00

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15667 battles

View PostWolfAttack_1, on May 02 2018 - 00:18, said:

My point, lose the xvm and play.  I seriously am not the least bit threatening to the red team at all

FTFY

I dont use xvm, and you sir are a 46%'r

There is nothing wrong with that, so just own it.

Rena_Dyne #28 Posted May 02 2018 - 02:03

Major

• Players
  • 8257 battles
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA

View PostWolfAttack_1, on May 01 2018 - 16:29, said:

-clan tag   LOL

-name recognition <sounds like xvm>

-tank movement, action, and performance in the match   (Ahem, we should all be doing that anyways)    Nothing to see here, move along...

Name recognition is a very real thing, and theres several members on the forums I'd recognize on the spot {And in a particular persons case, probably blast em just to watch em purplerage}

_Tsavo_ #29 Posted May 02 2018 - 02:15

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 42751 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostWolfAttack_1, on May 01 2018 - 19:09, said:

,WR is dependent on TEAM play, not individual effort.

Incorrect, at least in the long run.

WolfAttack_1 #30 Posted May 02 2018 - 02:31

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 37843 battles
  • [-RS-] -RS-
http://wotreplays.eu...ck_1-panther_ii

_Tsavo_ #31 Posted May 02 2018 - 02:34

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 42751 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostWolfAttack_1, on May 01 2018 - 20:31, said:

That was a pretty good game, but it wasn't your typical result in it.

You're improving, no doubt, getting more damage and experience in each game, but your win rate seems to be stagnant, usually that's due to a bit of a campy or passive playstyle.  I'd try to be a front line machine a bit more or try to be in the action longer.  Moving up is good, hope that continues!

GeorgePreddy #32 Posted May 02 2018 - 02:44

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles

View PostWolfAttack_1, on May 01 2018 - 21:03, said:

I get it, I have a 46% WR.  I also have 34k games without a reroll.    Well, let's disregard your first 31,000 battles then and only look at your most recent 1154, that should be fair to you. D'oh !  Still less than 47%. So, re-rolling will not materially help your win rate at all.  Instead of re-rolling, consider trying harder to get your recents up. Tsavo offered some good advice, try it out.

I am often in the top 3 of my team.   I seriously doubt that you are keeping accurate records if you truly believe what you are claiming here.

I would say one reason for my current WR is that the numbers on the running average is far too high for it to change.   But your recent win rate is based on only about 1,000 battles, why isn't it far better than your overall win rate ??  If you would concentrate harder on personal improvement, you could seriously change your recent stats in only 90 days.

Truth is, I really don't mind since it has a tendency to disguise my experience.  If you're cool with your stats, why are you trying to justify them on the forum ?  Just enjoy your "XVM camo" that happens to be probably fairly accurate.

Lethalhavoc #33 Posted May 02 2018 - 02:44

Major

• Players
  • 38720 battles

View PostWolfAttack_1, on May 01 2018 - 17:42, said:

why are you trolling?

In the case of stats and game play the only opinion that should matter to you is your own.

As soon as you place conditions on others, or others place them on you, you're not playing the game as it was intended!

Do yourself a favor and just play the game for what it is, that way you can get the most enjoyment out of it, before it gets old and boring, or even worse that stats matter more than having fun.

Edited by Lethalhavoc, May 02 2018 - 02:45.

WolfAttack_1 #34 Posted May 02 2018 - 02:48

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 37843 battles
  • [-RS-] -RS-

View Post_Tsavo, on May 02 2018 - 02:34, said:

That was a pretty good game, but it wasn't your typical result in it.

You're improving, no doubt, getting more damage and experience in each game, but your win rate seems to be stagnant, usually that's due to a bit of a campy or passive playstyle.  I'd try to be a front line machine a bit more or try to be in the action longer.  Moving up is good, hope that continues!

I have many like that, not just tier 8.  With that said I tend to like what many players hate....Panther II, Indien Panzer, TOG ll, T-10 (debatable opinions on that), Tier 9 German TD - love that thing, etc.  Nobody upon NOBODY has a great game every game.  I don't play in any clan platoons, just solo randoms. Oh, btw, the very next game was in the Indien Pz, 5- kills / almost mastered at "1".   Btw, that is typical in that tank.

Edited by WolfAttack_1, May 02 2018 - 02:50.

Necrodemus #35 Posted May 02 2018 - 02:49

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29599 battles

View PostStaz211, on May 02 2018 - 01:07, said:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but no one cares about your individual statistics. 

As for your excuses:

- you are the only constant. Over that many games 46% is accurate.

- if you are in the top three that often, you'd win more games. Period. 

- playing a lot of tanks does not automatically mean your WR will suffer. I've done very well in "bad" tanks. 

- regardless of your "experience," your performance doesn't reflect. I would not worry about you if we met on the battle field  

Spend more time improving performance, and less time making excuses.

ignore idiots like this guy who spends most of their time in platoons with clan mates or doing rated and cw, get these guys alone in a match and they tend to sit in the back and snipe no matter what tank theyrer in and tend to be pretty useless on their own. nothing better than killing some unicum in a random.

really a shame that forums are all about making fun of other players while trying to make yourself look great. 

_Tsavo_ #36 Posted May 02 2018 - 02:54

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 42751 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostWolfAttack_1, on May 01 2018 - 20:48, said:

I have many like that, not just tier 8.  With that said I tend to like what many players hate....Panther II, Indien Panzer, TOG ll, T-10 (debatable opinions on that), Tier 9 German TD - love that thing, etc.  Nobody upon NOBODY has a great game every game.  I don't play in any clan platoons, just solo randoms.

I'm on my way to the T-10 currently doing the IS-3 and the IS-3 is stupid fun, though I have my moments of derp.  What you say is true, every game isn't great, but solo or not, it's the consistency of one's play that shines.  That was a good Panther II game, a great one, but it was also your best one in it so far, the rest were sub par.  This isn't to be mean, just pointing it out that you have the capability to do well in it, not it's time to focus on mitigating mistakes and getting consistency down, so you'll get more of those great games and, as a result, more positive influences on your team and it's outcome in matches.

Your battle count in the TOG II, you are an absolute mad man, I couldn't stand that tank.

WolfAttack_1 #37 Posted May 02 2018 - 02:55

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 37843 battles
  • [-RS-] -RS-

http://wotreplays.eu...1-indien-panzer

correction, 3 kills

Edited by WolfAttack_1, May 02 2018 - 02:56.

heavymetal1967 #38 Posted May 02 2018 - 02:57

Major

• Players
  • 66653 battles

OP if you know what you stated in your opening post to be true then why does it matter what anyone else thinks or what they think of your stats.

And if you don't care what anyone else thinks then why in the hell are you on here posting in the first place.

And better yet why are you responding to replies that are contrary to your opinion.

WolfAttack_1 #39 Posted May 02 2018 - 03:11

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 37843 battles
  • [-RS-] -RS-

View Postheavymetal1967, on May 02 2018 - 02:57, said:

OP if you know what you stated in your opening post to be true then why does it matter what anyone else thinks or what they think of your stats.

And if you don't care what anyone else thinks then why in the hell are you on here posting in the first place.

And better yet why are you responding to replies that are contrary to your opinion.

You completely missed the point.  I don't care if I am viewed as a tomato on the battlefield.  Here in the forums, however, it is troubling to be talked down to  and labeled as a liar.

Edited by WolfAttack_1, May 02 2018 - 03:13.

_Platform #40 Posted May 02 2018 - 03:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10656 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostNecrodemus, on May 01 2018 - 21:49, said:

ignore idiots like this guy who spends most of their time in platoons with clan mates or doing rated and cw, get these guys alone in a match and they tend to sit in the back and snipe no matter what tank theyrer in and tend to be pretty useless on their own. nothing better than killing some unicum in a random.

really a shame that forums are all about making fun of other players while trying to make yourself look great. 

Nice baseless accusations. I shouldn't be surprised, though. I tend to expect you to be spewing something stupid whenever I see your name anymore.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users