• [Y0L0] Y0L0

View PostStaz211, on May 01 2018 - 17:25, said:

I'll remember your name. 

I usually judge if a player is good or not based in a few things: 

-clan tag

View PostWolfAttack_1, on May 01 2018 - 17:29, said:

-clan tag   LOL

-name recognition <sounds like xvm>

Clan tags recognition is a good thing too, I run a totally vanilla client and I can guestimate relative proficiency on the enemies clan tag and as the insightful starz says the people’s names. It’s just something a competent player should learn and understand.

Guido1212 #42 Posted May 02 2018 - 03:22

Major

• Players
  • 76735 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL
You hurt every team you're on.  Nothing personal, just a fact.

dominator_98 #43 Posted May 02 2018 - 03:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 19945 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View PostWolfAttack_1, on May 01 2018 - 19:55, said:

http://wotreplays.eu...1-indien-panzer

correction, 3 kills

This is your cherry-picked example of you doing well? Barely breaking your own HP in damage on top of a 3/5/7? I've done twice that much damage at tier 5.

Hell, I'm not even that good and my damage record at tier 5 is better than you've done in 9 of your tier 10s. Tell yourself you're a good player, that's fine. Just don't expect me to believe it.

View PostNecrodemus, on May 01 2018 - 19:49, said:

ignore idiots like this guy who spends most of their time in platoons with clan mates or doing rated and cw, get these guys alone in a match and they tend to sit in the back and snipe no matter what tank theyrer in and tend to be pretty useless on their own. nothing better than killing some unicum in a random.

Funny, these "idiots" who sit back and snipe seem to win a lot more than the guys brawling up front every game. There's a lot of mudslinging on these forums back and forth from the unis and tomatoes, but at the end of the day, the unis go home winning 20% more often than the tomatoes.

Edited by dominator_98, May 02 2018 - 03:39.

Necrodemus #44 Posted May 02 2018 - 03:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27754 battles

View Post_Platform, on May 02 2018 - 03:13, said:

Nice baseless accusations. I shouldn't be surprised, though. I tend to expect you to be spewing something stupid whenever I see your name anymore.

english mate, english

_Platform #45 Posted May 02 2018 - 03:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10656 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostNecrodemus, on May 01 2018 - 22:34, said:

english mate, english

Thank you for proving my point.

_PePe_ #46 Posted May 02 2018 - 03:38

Major

• Players
  • 23788 battles
  • [RDDTV] RDDTV

Wish i had camo.  Arty will not leave me alone bottom tier or not.  It gets old, haven't played in a couple days cause arty.

Silversound #47 Posted May 02 2018 - 03:45

Major

• Players
  • 38661 battles
  • [-P-] -P-
:hiding:

jmyork #48 Posted May 02 2018 - 03:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 75243 battles

View PostWolfAttack_1, on May 02 2018 - 01:48, said:

I have many like that, not just tier 8.  With that said I tend to like what many players hate....Panther II, Indien Panzer, TOG ll, T-10 (debatable opinions on that), Tier 9 German TD - love that thing, etc.  Nobody upon NOBODY has a great game every game.  I don't play in any clan platoons, just solo randoms. Oh, btw, the very next game was in the Indien Pz, 5- kills / almost mastered at "1".   Btw, that is typical in that tank.

I just had to look after someone tries to blow their own horn so hard.....

Your avg, “typical” using your words, is 0.74 kills per game in the Ind Pz.  880 avg damage per game (receiving over 1000 damage per game btw).  And you wonder why people believe you to be lying when performance data can so easily be checked.  

Staz211 #49 Posted May 02 2018 - 03:56

Major

• Players
  • 25455 battles

View PostNecrodemus, on May 01 2018 - 20:49, said:

ignore idiots like this guy who spends most of their time in platoons with clan mates or doing rated and cw, get these guys alone in a match and they tend to sit in the back and snipe no matter what tank theyrer in and tend to be pretty useless on their own. nothing better than killing some unicum in a random.

really a shame that forums are all about making fun of other players while trying to make yourself look great. 

Jokes on you. I haven't played in platoon since 2015. I took a three year break from the game, and since coming back in February I haven't platooned once. My current timezone, ping, and play time restrictions won't allow for it. 

I'm also a hyper aggressive tanker, at times to a fault. I play my Progetto as a front line medium. You will never see me hugging the red line. Never have, never will. 

I'm not making fun of this guy, I'm calling out his faulty points that he willingly presented to the forum. I don't know this guy from Adam. 

It's a shame that some players can't imagine other players being good on their own. Go check my Tier X WRs and DPGs if you want. Nothing artificial.

simba90 #50 Posted May 02 2018 - 04:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15425 battles
  • [FD_UP] FD_UP
This thread reminds me so much of that leeuniverse thread where he was trying to claim that he was a unicum 

_Tsavo_ #51 Posted May 02 2018 - 04:25

Major

• Players
  • 41461 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postsimba90, on May 01 2018 - 22:21, said:

This thread reminds me so much of that leeuniverse thread where he was trying to claim that he was a unicum 

That was comedy gold!  He still plays for wn8 instead of wins

Staz211 #52 Posted May 02 2018 - 04:45

Major

• Players
  • 25455 battles

View Post_Tsavo, on May 01 2018 - 22:25, said:

That was comedy gold!  He still plays for wn8 instead of wins

Completely off-topic Tsavo, but how did you manage three marking your SP? Mine is at two marks from way back in the day, but I'm having trouble pushing it over 90%. Speed on run-away wins is what really seems to hold my damage back. 

_Tsavo_ #53 Posted May 02 2018 - 04:50

Major

• Players
  • 41461 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostStaz211, on May 01 2018 - 22:45, said:

Completely off-topic Tsavo, but how did you manage three marking your SP? Mine is at two marks from way back in the day, but I'm having trouble pushing it over 90%. Speed on run-away wins is what really seems to hold my damage back. 

I played solo as I found platooning caused runaway wins.  If you're solo, I'd go where the mediums go and bully them.  Just timing, reading the map, and never really letting go of the W key.  Pubbies are passive and I was often front lines.  A few runaway games did happen, but I'd still get 1,500 out on the runaways.  I wasn't shooting for massive games, only shooting to keep damage above a minimum threshold to keep the low points as high as I could damage wise.  The ones that didn't end up in runaways were easily 3k+ combined going for any and all track shots I could get.

I can zip file my last 50 or so SuperPershing games if you want to pick a few to see how I play it

Also: I spy a Company of Heroes avatar.  One of my favorite RTS games ever

Staz211 #54 Posted May 02 2018 - 05:01

Major

• Players
  • 25455 battles

View Post_Tsavo, on May 01 2018 - 22:50, said:

I played solo as I found platooning caused runaway wins.  If you're solo, I'd go where the mediums go and bully them.  Just timing, reading the map, and never really letting go of the W key.  Pubbies are passive and I was often front lines.  A few runaway games did happen, but I'd still get 1,500 out on the runaways.  I wasn't shooting for massive games, only shooting to keep damage above a minimum threshold to keep the low points as high as I could damage wise.  The ones that didn't end up in runaways were easily 3k+ combined going for any and all track shots I could get.

I can zip file my last 50 or so SuperPershing games if you want to pick a few to see how I play it

Also: I spy a Company of Heroes avatar.  One of my favorite RTS games ever

Sounds basically like how I play the SP. Press W, bully medium and lower tier tanks. 3k combined isn't bad at all. I guess I'll just have to focus it rather than a game here and there. I've been having way too much fun in the Progetto lately. 

Also, I had a 2k BASE XP match in the Progetto and only pulled a 1st Class. I don't even want to know what it takes to ace that thing right now. 

Tahllol #55 Posted May 02 2018 - 05:05

Captain

• -Players-
  • 10823 battles

View PostWolfAttack_1, on May 02 2018 - 01:38, said:

If I cared as much about stats as you do, I would not have gainful employment.   If this game is that important to you (and I believe it is), remember, it is about 7 years old and not getting any younger.  With that said, I am often at the top of my team.  I cannot help that you do not, or will not, accept that.  Now, I have an accessory to mount on the Harley - much more important than this game will ever be. FLHRXS

You're almost never at the top of your team, and I had you in a match the other day as top tier and you hide in the back while 2 unarmored bottom tier tds had to deal with multiple enemies to finish the match. 

While stats aren't everything they show your brain power and your thought process. I for some reason I'm betting your gainful employment isn't what most would consider gainful and worth while. 

Get your parts for the overpriced bike while you can as they will be out of business since the generation that rides them is dying off quickly. 

_Tsavo_ #56 Posted May 02 2018 - 05:05

Major

• Players
  • 41461 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostStaz211, on May 01 2018 - 23:01, said:

Also, I had a 2k BASE XP match in the Progetto and only pulled a 1st Class. I don't even want to know what it takes to ace that thing right now. 

Killing 16 enemies, getting 10k damage and 10k assist, methinks.

WolfAttack_1 #57 Posted May 02 2018 - 05:09

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 36014 battles
  • [-RS-] -RS-

View Postdominator_98, on May 02 2018 - 03:32, said:

This is your cherry-picked example of you doing well? Barely breaking your own HP in damage on top of a 3/5/7? I've done twice that much damage at tier 5.

Hell, I'm not even that good and my damage record at tier 5 is better than you've done in 9 of your tier 10s. Tell yourself you're a good player, that's fine. Just don't expect me to believe it.

Funny, these "idiots" who sit back and snipe seem to win a lot more than the guys brawling up front every game. There's a lot of mudslinging on these forums back and forth from the unis and tomatoes, but at the end of the day, the unis go home winning 20% more often than the tomatoes.

If you read what was said earlier, you would have known that I stated that this was just after the Panther ll game (Mastery).  It was never meant to impress such a highly skilled, unbeatable, arrogant bastard, egotistical, idiot like you.

n00bfarmer #58 Posted May 02 2018 - 05:19

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21 battles
I didn't watch the replays but if they were top tier battles in the 3/5/7 format, I wouldn't even consider them for proof he had any skill. He should be showing us replays where he was bottom tier and getting top scores on the team. That is where your true skill will show, how well you do when the deck is stacked against you. Cherry picking top tier battles in a 3/5/7 format and the battles were only barely his own hp worth of damage are not really that good. If I don't get at least 3000 damage in my tier 8 tanks when top tier in 3/5/7, I have not helped carry a win for my team.

Mokoma #59 Posted May 02 2018 - 05:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 13834 battles

View PostStaz211, on May 01 2018 - 22:45, said:

I’m pretty bad, and I managed to three mark my SP back in the fall. Runaway wins hurt with that mobility, but it’s consistent enough to be able to make up for it in the longer games. My first, and so far only, three mark. Good luck getting the third star on yours!

_Tsavo_ #60 Posted May 02 2018 - 05:29

Major

• Players
  • 41461 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostWolfAttack_1, on May 01 2018 - 23:09, said:

If you read what was said earlier, you would have known that I stated that this was just after the Panther ll game (Mastery).  It was never meant to impress such a highly skilled, unbeatable, arrogant bastard, egotistical, idiot like you.

I think what everyone's getting at is that you're overestimating your performance and it's hurting you.  You're right there, right at the edge of becoming a consistently good player, but step 1 to improvement is to be open to criticism when it's trying to highlight areas that need improvement.

Criticism is tough to take, no doubt.  Been there done that, from 5k games and first finding these forums to about 10k games, I was actively seeking players to criticize and poke holes in my gameplay.  So I could see what I've been blind to, or maybe didn't want to see.  Hell, I'm platooning with better players, or at least the better ones who'll criticize my play, in order to keep refining my play and get more fun out of the game and dollars that have been sunk into it.

Right now, you're better today than you were in days past, but still aren't that net positive influence you could be.  Some refinement and you're there.

Sure, the overalls suck.  At least you'll get no XVM focus, haha.  But it's not about measuring your stats to others, it's about making sure today was better than yesterday and tomorrow is better than today.

It doesn't take huge amounts of devotion to do well, just observing what you could do better in every game and acting on it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users