1.0.1 patch feedback

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

OraBera #21 Posted May 05 2018 - 01:34

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 17169 battles

View Postslackware1995, on May 04 2018 - 23:54, said:

It's a slightly enlarged original map with huge areas that are inaccessible mountains.  It needs to be a 1000x1000 or 1200x1200 map with most of the big mountains off-map, and more cover in the valley. 

I dislike pretty much any map smaller than 1km x 1km

FaderTony #22 Posted May 05 2018 - 15:07

Private

• -Players-
  • 9997 battles
  • [FUZED] FUZED

Fix the Obj 268.4  its to good.  

just give it some bigger weekspots and nerf the speed just a bit..

i wass just pusht away with my is7...... He pusht me like i was a medium..  its not fun or interesting to play a game that over and over test tanks and then let them go live and they still are op.

Sig121 #23 Posted May 05 2018 - 16:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 25366 battles

Province map --

The province map is not fun to play on at all.  It's just a cross fire camp fest where the mid-game grinds to a halt if teams have players on both sides.  If the outside of each ridge been added on the east and west that were lower than the hill top, providing a way to progress out of line of fire of the opposing side, then maybe.  As it is, I want to just drive off a cliff so I can get a different map when province comes up.

Italian tanks +

In game hints ++ Should be really useful to new players

SAMedic #24 Posted May 06 2018 - 15:29

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14930 battles
  • [LTE_H] LTE_H
After the server being down for almost 6 hours for update 1.0.1 is anything being done to credit players with time lost on events that where running at the time? Example "On track to tier x"

CakeZero #25 Posted May 11 2018 - 21:35

Private

• -Players-
  • 27797 battles
I get horrible fps in Frontline even with settings turned way down

My computer runs world of tanks at an average of about 50 fps with all the important settings at max or near max at 1080p, but in Frontline, the game is unplayable with the same settings, and I get fps below 30 even with all of the settings turned down to minimum or near minimum. It seems odd that it would perform so poorly with the settings cranked way down. The fps seems okay at the start, but then gets massively hit once the action starts heating up.

I'm running a Radeon 7870XL (which is closer to a radeon 7950 than a regular 7870 in performance), 8GB of RAM, and an old Phenom 960T OC'd to 3.8 Ghz. Also running a good Intel 730 SSD.

I get the impression that there's some kind of bottleneck going on, I wonder if it's my CPU or RAM that's causing the issue, or maybe a driver issue? Maybe it's just finally time to upgrade. I know this old computer will need an upgrade relatively soon in any case.

StLouisR1 #26 Posted May 13 2018 - 18:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 17026 battles
War Gaming you have specifically stated "Nothing is more important to us than making sure you can enjoy our game, World of Tanks!" Yet, you have ruined Tier 8 with your BS matchmaking and Tier 7 is not far behind. I find it difficult to 'enjoy' World of Tanks when over 75% of my matches in a Tier 8 vehicle are Tier 10 matches. I find very frustrating. I am starting to believe you are just f-ing with your player base. How many players do you need to lose before you fix the glaring issue? You have created an extremely valid argument for two tier matchmaking.

Nauticas #27 Posted May 18 2018 - 15:23

Private

• -Players-
  • 512 battles

I was not sure where was the best place for this post, so I decided to put it here. I apologize if this is not in the right spot.

I'm an adult gamer that primarily plays WoT in a group of 3.  My 2 friends and I have been gaming for years together and we started playing WoT right after the 1.0 release.  We are currently playing/leveling our Tier 5 tanks. We play as 2 mediums and a light currently.

We have really enjoyed the gameplay so far, but have been disappointed with the matchmaking when we que as a group.  With the current 3/5/7 and other variations for top tier/middle tier/low tier tanks in a match we feel like we are being punished for queing as group. I want to use the 3/5/7 match as an example. With that, we should be top tier about 20% of the time.  When we que as a group, it is closer to 2% of the time, if at all.  If we play 15 games in a night, sometimes we are not top tier at all. I also find that we are low tier more than 60% of the time (instead of 47%). My understanding is that the matchmaker tries to get you into a game fast and by that it does not wait long enough to find a game that can grab 3 other tanks of our same make-up (2 mediums and a light).

I personally like the 3/5/7 grouping, as it brings variety into the game since I play different in my tank depending on what tier I am in that game. I like variety in video games and thus I like the 3/5/7. I don't like the 3/5/7 as a group, as playing low tier games as a Tier 5 gets boring after so many games without being to able play the high tier.

I play the game solo more than my other 2 friends so I get to see the upsides to the 3/5/7.  They currently do not see it since they are playing low tier all the time with just a very low chance of being top tier. For 3/5/7 to work, you need to be the top tier atleast 15% of the time, otherwise you feel like you are playing a game you can never get ahead of or your playing a game where you are always at a disadvantage.

All 3 of us have spent about $45 each since 1.0 and generally speaking, will probably spend another $15 a month as we enjoy the premium, but I'm not sure how much longer my friends will continue to play as I can sense their frustration with being low tier all the time.  When we were playing Tier 1 thru 3 tanks, it wasn't an issue as the disparity between T1/T2 and T3/T4 tnaks was not that significant, but now that we are T5, the disparity is very large (i.e. a Tier 7 light can 2 shot a Tier 5 heavy).

We would gladly wait a few extra minutes to ensure that we get our top tier chances. It would be nice if the matchmaker knew how many times your platoon had been top tier on a given day so that it can ensure you get to be top tier at least 10% of the time (half of what the theoretical solo quer would get). The wait is worth it for us as we enjoy being top tier like everyone else and it is worth the wait.

I know there have been previous post about this, but I wanted to come in an give my experiences on it.  I like the 3/5/7 system, but it does not work well when queing as a group as it gives the gamer a feeling that they are being punished for queing as a group since they only get to be high tier less than 5% of the time.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users