I got deals you wont believe Progresso Meat ball Italy New Tank OP Semi Auto

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

YANKEE137 #21 Posted May 03 2018 - 21:07

Major

• -Players-
  • 9795 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
You could give away cake and ice cream and people would still be angry.

KRZYBooP #22 Posted May 03 2018 - 21:59

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3028 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Postcloudwalkr, on May 03 2018 - 17:57, said:

Lets see...

Majority of people have enough garage slots.  I have something like 50 that aren't being used.

Why are you comparing gold prices for equipment that is bought with credits?  Who in their right mind spends gold on equipment.

Personal reserves are earned easy enough through playing the game.  Why would I ever buy an inflated bundle just for those?

The credit boosters are actually pretty nice, but still doesn't make up for the inflated bundle price filled with crap.

Bottom line is you're selling an inflated bundle with a bunch of things you can buy with credits made FROM THE PREMIUM TANK YOU'RE SELLING.  It's a marketing ploy, stop passing it off like you're looking out for us.

I Exchange gold all the time to equip my tank, and I was only trying to provide information following up another players comment about discounted goods in the bundle. Comparing credits to gold to real money, at no point is anyone trying to change your mind about purchasing the bundle. My apologies if it seems like I am trying to con our players into buying Tanks as that is not the intent. 

How would you bundle a premium Tank with some boosters for a player to buy? 

Realign #23 Posted May 03 2018 - 22:06

Captain

• Players
  • 27851 battles
  • [RS] RS

View PostKRZYBooP, on May 03 2018 - 15:59, said:

I Exchange gold all the time to equip my tank, and I was only trying to provide information following up another players comment about discounted goods in the bundle. Comparing credits to gold to real money, at no point is anyone trying to change your mind about purchasing the bundle. My apologies if it seems like I am trying to con our players into buying Tanks as that is not the intent. 

^ Like this!  :teethhappy:.

Ok ok in more seriousness, I think you guys usually do pretty good.  There is usually the 'Whole Cow and a pig to boot!' package that is kind of like what this is.  Then there's the 'Turkey with fixins' option that maybe has 100% crew, maybe some equipment for a more moderate spender.  And then there is a 'I just want a coke' where you can just get what you want.  Maybe its not a discounted option, like 35$ or w/e new tier 8 medium stock price runs, but if you reallly want the coke, but don't want anything else you can get it for $35 vs. $45 and better value in other stuff.

Another option would be to simply include the more versatile product (gold), so your value came to like $56 or 13,000 gold (something like that).  At least the gold is much more universally useful. 

What would be super nifty keen is if it were like ordering food online.  Pick the entree, then add on things you want with it.  Like maybe you get the tank + 5 vouchers and you can use drop downs to select what you want.  Like for a voucher get a couple pieces of equipment, or like 10 boosters, or 4 garage slots, or 1 female crew member,  or 1500 gold, or 2 weeks of prem, etc (and just balance the value of the things so its similar).  That'd be pretty slick.  Heck you could even make it so the more vouchers the player opted to get with the tank the less they pay per voucher as high as you want.  That way it still incentivizes spending more to save more but in a more tailored approach.

*Food analogies....:P almost dinner time

Edited by Realign, May 03 2018 - 22:16.

Youdda #24 Posted May 03 2018 - 22:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 58176 battles

View PostRealign, on May 03 2018 - 21:06, said:

Ok ok in more seriousness, I think you guys usually do pretty good.  There is usually the 'Whole Cow and a pig to boot!' package that is kind of like what this is.  Then there's the 'Turkey with fixins' option that maybe has 100% crew, maybe some equipment for a more moderate spender.  And then there is a 'I just want a coke' where you can just get what you want.  Maybe its not a discounted option, like 35$ or w/e new tier 8 medium stock price runs, but if you reallly want the coke, but don't want anything else you can get it for $35 vs. $45 and better value in other stuff.

Another option would be to simply include the more versatile product (gold), so your value came to like $56 or 13,000 gold (something like that).  At least the gold is much more universally useful. 

What would be super nifty keen is if it were like ordering food online.  Pick the entree, then add on things you want with it.  Like maybe you get the tank + 5 vouchers and you can use drop downs to select what you want.  Like for a voucher get a couple pieces of equipment, or like 10 boosters, or 4 garage slots, or 1 female crew member,  or 1500 gold, or 2 weeks of prem, etc (and just balance the value of the things so its similar).  That'd be pretty slick.  Heck you could even make it so the more vouchers the player opted to get with the tank the less they pay per voucher as high as you want.  That way it still incentivizes spending more to save more but in a more tailored approach.

I never buy anything, but that is a great idea. Well done !

Dymitri #25 Posted May 03 2018 - 22:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 22362 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
I want to buy the Spaghetti tank but the link doesn't work. Any ideas? 

CynicalDutchie #26 Posted May 03 2018 - 22:58

Major

• Players
  • 39109 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on May 03 2018 - 21:59, said:

I mean this in a good way but converting gold to credits is pretty much the dumbest thing you could spend it on. Let's say you need 500k credits to buy a piece of equipment, that's the price they usually go for, that's 500k / 400 = 1250 gold. 1250 gold buys you 7 days of prem which you could use to grind millions upon millions of credits and buy a couple dozen pieces of equipment.

Even if you just need a camo net which costs 100k credits (= 250 gold) you are better off buying 1 day of premium instead and if you do it on a free day you could again, grind a couple of million credits.

If you happen to have some credit boosters you could combine it with your premium time and you will get an insane amount of credits.

Termitey #27 Posted May 03 2018 - 23:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 89584 battles
  • [GOD_Z] GOD_Z

Since when does WG actually listen to player input?

And then input it in the game 

cloudwalkr #28 Posted May 04 2018 - 03:50

Major

• Players
  • 53845 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on May 03 2018 - 21:59, said:

As someone else above explained, that's completely silly to use gold to buy equipment.  

I would have just done the tank alone and given people a solid discount on the tank instead of putting in a bunch of filler and charging for it.  Then done a bundle and given people the choice.  It's shady to me to run a marathon telling people they will get a discount on a tank, then stack the bundle price full of filler crap so that the avg person that made it to somewhere around the 50% mark will still be spending ~$45 which is close to the avg price for tier 8's if I'm not mistaken. 

That's my opinion anyway.  

SirVex #29 Posted May 04 2018 - 11:36

Captain

• Players
  • 43820 battles
  • [_SF_] _SF_

View Postcloudwalkr, on May 04 2018 - 12:50, said:

As someone else above explained, that's completely silly to use gold to buy equipment.  

I would have just done the tank alone and given people a solid discount on the tank instead of putting in a bunch of filler and charging for it.  Then done a bundle and given people the choice.  It's shady to me to run a marathon telling people they will get a discount on a tank, then stack the bundle price full of filler crap so that the avg person that made it to somewhere around the 50% mark will still be spending ~$45 which is close to the avg price for tier 8's if I'm not mistaken. 

Agreed , I used to spend money on this game like water, I am ashamed to say.  WG has turned into the shady used car salesman or the snake oil seller that we should all stay away from. 

NutrientibusMeaGallus #30 Posted May 04 2018 - 11:58

Major

• Players
  • 19382 battles
  • [FILOX] FILOX
   Why doesn't this come up when you visit the premium shop? The option not to spend near 100 dollars on it with all the extras would be nice too...

MacDaddyMatty #31 Posted May 04 2018 - 12:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 24721 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

I think that a lot of posts on this thread illustrate why WG staff doesn't communicate with players.

We're jerks, and they take a bunch of crap when they do.

YMMV, but

View PostYANKEE137, on May 03 2018 - 15:07, said:

You could give away cake and ice cream and people would still be angry.

sums it up. One of my kids once complained "My ice cream is TOO COLD!"

:facepalm:

Here's the thing...

This game is a "free-to-play business model".

They are a business. They have overhead. They are here to make profit.

Bottom line:

1) there are people who will never buy what they sell.

2) there are people who will always buy what they sell.

So, they run the metrics and determine where is the "sweet-spot" that will maximize sales (get the most of the later and the least of the former).

This Spaghettio package is it folks.

Its the same reason that WoWP sold a tier 5 premium for $1 not too long ago.

It was a gateway sale to get people to play WoWP.

WoT doesn't need to do this as they have a player base that supports the business already.

Hope that helps.

Realign #32 Posted May 04 2018 - 16:22

Captain

• Players
  • 27851 battles
  • [RS] RS

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on May 04 2018 - 06:26, said:

I think that a lot of posts on this thread illustrate why WG staff doesn't communicate with players.

We're jerks, and they take a bunch of crap when they do.

YMMV, but

sums it up. One of my kids once complained "My ice cream is TOO COLD!"

:facepalm:

Here's the thing...

This game is a "free-to-play business model".

They are a business. They have overhead. They are here to make profit.

Bottom line:

1) there are people who will never buy what they sell.

2) there are people who will always buy what they sell.

So, they run the metrics and determine where is the "sweet-spot" that will maximize sales (get the most of the later and the least of the former).

This Spaghettio package is it folks.

Its the same reason that WoWP sold a tier 5 premium for $1 not too long ago.

It was a gateway sale to get people to play WoWP.

WoT doesn't need to do this as they have a player base that supports the business already.

Hope that helps.

Going back through the posts really only one person was abrasive (skipping a couple where people explained that exchanging gold for silver for equipment was very poor return- imo that gets a pass because yeah that deserves a point out on how bad the return is).  The rest of the posts are fairly reasonable feedback on the sale.  There are an equal number of posts like yours decrying valid feedback and acting like your opinion on the matter is superior as posts that actually fall into 'jerk' territory.  You do realize that forums exist to talk about stuff and have feedback right?  There isn't a way to determine exactly what sales of goods a business is missing out on, so feedback is probably constructive  (yes you can compare how other sales went, but they have literally no way of knowing if they would have had a better result with this exact sale if they included tank only option).  They're obviously looking at the feedback, Krzy even asked for what we'd suggest.  There really wouldn't be a point of having forums if they were only here for people to tell each other not to talk about stuff.....

MacDaddyMatty #33 Posted May 04 2018 - 16:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 24721 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostRealign, on May 04 2018 - 10:22, said:

Going back through the posts really only one person was abrasive (skipping a couple where people explained that exchanging gold for silver for equipment was very poor return- imo that gets a pass because yeah that deserves a point out on how bad the return is).  The rest of the posts are fairly reasonable feedback on the sale.  There are an equal number of posts like yours decrying valid feedback and acting like your opinion on the matter is superior as posts that actually fall into 'jerk' territory.  You do realize that forums exist to talk about stuff and have feedback right?  There isn't a way to determine exactly what sales of goods a business is missing out on, so feedback is probably constructive  (yes you can compare how other sales went, but they have literally no way of knowing if they would have had a better result with this exact sale if they included tank only option).  They're obviously looking at the feedback, Krzy even asked for what we'd suggest.  There really wouldn't be a point of having forums if they were only here for people to tell each other not to talk about stuff.....

Seriously? I didn't decry anything.

I explained the business model and agreed with other posters on the thread that 'some people can't be pleased'.

I have my own (serious) gripes with WG but I don't take em out on they guy who's job it is to push a product that he didn't design.

I'm also not the only one on the thread who inferred a harsher tone than you seem to have inferred.

I DID NOT give them a pass as the criticism seems less than constructive IMHO.

Tell you what - I'm thinking the written medium is causing me to read your tone to be more caustic that you intended.

Please grant me the same courtesy.

Thanks.

Edited by MacDaddyMatty, May 04 2018 - 16:47.

Realign #34 Posted May 04 2018 - 16:55

Captain

• Players
  • 27851 battles
  • [RS] RS

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on May 04 2018 - 10:39, said:

Seriously? I didn't decry anything.

I explained the business model and agreed with other posters on the thread that 'some people can't be pleased'.

I have my own (serious) gripes with WG but I don't take em out on they guy who's job it is to push a product that he didn't design.

I'm also not the only one on the thread who inferred a harsher tone than you seem to have inferred.

I DID NOT give them a pass as the criticism seems less than constructive IMHO.

Tell you what - I'm thinking the written medium is causing me to read your tone to be more caustic that you intended.

Please grant me the same courtesy.

Thanks.

Perhaps, though I think the emoticons, comparisons to foods, and the use of silly verbage like 'nifty keen' (not exactly in my daily use..) should have helped with tone.  Again, most of the posts weren't terribly caustic (keeping in mind this is the forums so you don't have to read into things- if someone wants to be abrasive and toxic they usually are super clear about it lol :P), and my post at least had suggestions as a response to the OP asking directly for suggestions.  So yeah coming in comparing them to your children complaining the ice cream is too cold, really only comes across one way...  Perhaps direct quoting the posts you felt were insubstantial/non-constructive would seem less blanket 'white-knight'.  As written it appeared, at least to me, to be a generic 'everyone posting here are whiners' post.

KRZYBooP #35 Posted May 04 2018 - 17:08

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3028 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostTermitey, on May 03 2018 - 22:34, said:

Since when does WG actually listen to player input?

And then input it in the game 

View Postcloudwalkr, on May 04 2018 - 02:50, said:

View PostCynicalDutchie, on May 03 2018 - 21:58, said:

I mean this in a good way but converting gold to credits is pretty much the dumbest thing you could spend it on. Let's say you need 500k credits to buy a piece of equipment, that's the price they usually go for, that's 500k / 400 = 1250 gold. 1250 gold buys you 7 days of prem which you could use to grind millions upon millions of credits and buy a couple dozen pieces of equipment.

Even if you just need a camo net which costs 100k credits (= 250 gold) you are better off buying 1 day of premium instead and if you do it on a free day you could again, grind a couple of million credits.

If you happen to have some credit boosters you could combine it with your premium time and you will get an insane amount of credits.

View PostDymitri, on May 03 2018 - 21:55, said:

I want to buy the Spaghetti tank but the link doesn't work. Any ideas? 

View PostRealign, on May 03 2018 - 21:06, said:

Thank you very much for the feedback. I will be sure to forward this along. Since there is many great ideas that I agree with and would personally like to see. However, I am just a Forum Jocky and don't fully know of all the limitations, or if there is a specific reason why sales happen the way they do. 

While yes bundles do come with a bunch of extra's that some players don't like, there is a solo option to buy the Tank coming soon. There was also an event for players to purchase the brand new tank at a discount if players had the time. Yea it's probably not going to be easy since Wargaming is doing this for a brand new Tier VIII Premium tank. If other tanks in the past never got a solo purchase chance you can see that Wargaming does change it up it's sales. I am saying this again for everyone quoted to be sure that it is known about this Tank in particular. I can't control what happened in the past but if there is anything to take away from Wargaming is that this is a very adaptable company. 

Feedback from players is put into the game. 9.18 was brought to you by global feedback for all Tanks including Arty. Range indicators, alternate Arty views, and Match Maker changes are all started from player concerns. Some changes are more welcomed than others obviously and there is no way to make every player ecstatic about them. If you would like to assist in the future of the game then please take part in our common Test, or Sandbox tests. 

I use gold to buy equipment cause I am bad at the game. Have you seen my stats? My credits go towards ammo and repairs constantly. 

@Dymitri- Which link to purchase the Tank wasn't working? Did you try a separate browser? 

Everyone who has this tank already enjoying it? Stoked to use it in the Frontline battle mode? 

Realign #36 Posted May 04 2018 - 17:13

Captain

• Players
  • 27851 battles
  • [RS] RS

View PostKRZYBooP, on May 04 2018 - 11:08, said:

Thank you very much for the feedback. I will be sure to forward this along. Since there is many great ideas that I agree with and would personally like to see. However, I am just a Forum Jocky and don't fully know of all the limitations, or if there is a specific reason why sales happen the way they do. 

While yes bundles do come with a bunch of extra's that some players don't like, there is a solo option to buy the Tank coming soon. There was also an event for players to purchase the brand new tank at a discount if players had the time. Yea it's probably not going to be easy since Wargaming is doing this for a brand new Tier VIII Premium tank. If other tanks in the past never got a solo purchase chance you can see that Wargaming does change it up it's sales. I am saying this again for everyone quoted to be sure that it is known about this Tank in particular. I can't control what happened in the past but if there is anything to take away from Wargaming is that this is a very adaptable company. 

Feedback from players is put into the game. 9.18 was brought to you by global feedback for all Tanks including Arty. Range indicators, alternate Arty views, and Match Maker changes are all started from player concerns. Some changes are more welcomed than others obviously and there is no way to make every player ecstatic about them. If you would like to assist in the future of the game then please take part in our common Test, or Sandbox tests. 

I use gold to buy equipment cause I am bad at the game. Have you seen my stats? My credits go towards ammo and repairs constantly. 

@Dymitri- Which link to purchase the Tank wasn't working? Did you try a separate browser? 

Everyone who has this tank already enjoying it? Stoked to use it in the Frontline battle mode? 

Thanks for reading the feedback krzy!  :B Even if its then an uphill battle for you guys to make it through the red tape and effect change, its definitely nice to have someone interacting with us.  I was super hyped for frontlines then realized yesterday it doesn't start till next week lol.  I burned my free xp on getting the tier 8 pantera and was all ready for some frontlines!

Play some of those prems in frontlines and you should be rolling in some credits tho.

MacDaddyMatty #37 Posted May 04 2018 - 17:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 24721 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostRealign, on May 04 2018 - 10:55, said:

Perhaps, though I think the emoticons, comparisons to foods, and the use of silly verbage like 'nifty keen' (not exactly in my daily use..) should have helped with tone.  Again, most of the posts weren't terribly caustic (keeping in mind this is the forums so you don't have to read into things- if someone wants to be abrasive and toxic they usually are super clear about it lol :P), and my post at least had suggestions as a response to the OP asking directly for suggestions.  So yeah coming in comparing them to your children complaining the ice cream is too cold, really only comes across one way...  Perhaps direct quoting the posts you felt were insubstantial/non-constructive would seem less blanket 'white-knight'.  As written it appeared, at least to me, to be a generic 'everyone posting here are whiners' post.

Your posts were not the ones I was influenced by.

'nifty keen' should be daily usage - just sayin'.

I may have to seal it for you.

;)

Edited by MacDaddyMatty, May 04 2018 - 17:15.

Realign #38 Posted May 04 2018 - 17:16

Captain

• Players
  • 27851 battles
  • [RS] RS

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on May 04 2018 - 11:14, said:

Your posts were not the ones I was influenced by.

'nifty keen' should be daily usage - just sayin'.

I may have to seal it for you.

;)

It would be pretty rad if more people said nifty keen :B

CynicalDutchie #39 Posted May 04 2018 - 17:55

Major

• Players
  • 39109 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on May 04 2018 - 17:08, said:

Skill doesn't really matter if you have a premium account though, especially combined with T8 prems. You might not be able to make a 100k+ a game but unless you sling full gold you will always make money.

The Progetto 46 is easily my new favorite premium tank, it's an amazing tank. If only the T10 was worth it...

cloudwalkr #40 Posted May 04 2018 - 21:32

Major

• Players
  • 53845 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on May 04 2018 - 17:08, said:

I can't help but feel like you're patronizing us.

Do you have any idea how many times we see "well, I'm just the messanger boy...i have no control over anything BUT i'LL BE SURE TO PASS THE WORD ALONG".   Yeah right.  It's no big surprise that people have long wanted stand alone tank purchasing options with things like this but here you are acting like it's the first time it's ever been mentioned.  I don't believe it.

You bring up the marathon, which is exactly what I've been talking about, where "people had the option to get a discount..." when they really didn't, did they?  You guys filled a bundle with a bunch of filler crap, then raised the price of the bundle high enough that the avg player (who has a job, doesn't live with mom...and has bills) might make it to around the 50% off range but then made the bundle price high enough that on avg the player would still be spending ~$45 on the bundle which is roughly the amount of a tier 8 premium tank...which i pointed out already in one of my other responses.  So now those players who invested more time than they would have normally thinking they'd get a solid discount and be grateful and happy about their purchase ended up feeling like their time invested would have been wasted if they didn't go ahead and drop the ~$45.  It was a shady gimmick and nothing else.  

You keep saying the stand alone tank will be sold soon but that completely skips past the main point most of us are making....it's a shyt package and we just wanted to use our discount on the tank...which we won't be able to do on the stand alone deal.  But you already know this.  So stop trying to feed us "bbbbut bbbut you can buy the tank solo coming soon".  

Let me ask you something a touch personal;  Do you buy your own gold to use to buy equipment or do you get allowances from WG?  If you do buy your own gold for buying equipment (which has less than nothing to do with how good you are at the game but more about making sensible choices) how much do you spend per month on gold to buy equipment.  I'm asking because if you only buy one piece of equipment per 3-4 months then you using yourself as an example of people out there buying equipment for gold in your "mafffffs" example is a little bit skewed.  You effectively put a real world value on something that is doesn't cost WG anything to put in a package to inflate the price and most people would never buy with gold.  That's misleading at best.

Anyway, I've been done spending money on WG for years now and things like this just reinforce the fact that I'll never give WG another dime.  This appears to be how they've solved that problem of people like me not spending anymore.  Just jack up bundle prices, fill them with a bunch of filler crap....hawk them off on whales still willing to spend money on ridiculous bundles.  

One last thing, If WG truly listened to it's players then we'd have more maps in the game.  We'd have better maps in the game.  We'd not see this OP cash grab business operation from WG.  Broken tanks like the 268v4 wouldn't make it off the test server.  We would have better disclosure about events before hand (like being told we wouldn't get a discount on just the progetto but would indeed have to buy a bundle at inflated price (BEFORE DOING THE MARATHON) but we don't get that stuff.

WG has adapted alright.  

Edited by cloudwalkr, May 04 2018 - 23:47.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users