• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

DomoSapien #1 Posted May 03 2018 - 16:15

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14859 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Tankers,

We're happy to announce our partnership with Football (that's soccer in the US) legend Gianluigi Buffon to celebrate the launch of the Italian Line!

The legendary Keeper is represented as the Ambassador for the Italian line in World of Tanks via a portrait and voiceover for the Italian Commander. Want to get in on the action? Simply log in and start playing some Italian Tanks!

For more details head on over to this article on our News Portal.

See you all on the battlefield <o

FunPolice_ #2 Posted May 03 2018 - 16:25

Major

• Players
  • 30662 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostDomoSapien, on May 03 2018 - 10:15, said:

Tankers,

We're happy to announce our partnership with Football (that's soccer in the US) legend Gianluigi Buffon to celebrate the launch of the Italian Line!

The legendary Keeper is represented as the Ambassador for the Italian line in World of Tanks via a portrait and voiceover for the Italian Commander. Want to get in on the action? Simply log in and start playing some Italian Tanks!

For more details head on over to this article on our News Portal.

See you all on the battlefield <o

Lol!  Poor fella.  The only female crew member I had left to assign replaced him in my Italian since he doesn't come with 6th sense and bia! :P

zippychippy #3 Posted May 03 2018 - 16:35

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19297 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-

he's going to fit in well in WOT as he is pretty salty as well.

https://www.cnn.com/...-spt/index.html

Altwar #4 Posted May 03 2018 - 16:41

Major

• Players
  • 58452 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

Any one else do a quick read of the thread title and see "Buffoon"?  :teethhappy:

That aside, pretty cool partnership idea and I'm sure the community in Italy is thrilled!  Now, get an NFL player to do the same in NA and that would be even more exciting. 

Better yet, get an NBA player partnership, and have a tank with him doing the commander voice over, along with the SOS crew of the Kardashians (because they do like their NBA players), and you'll the E Network partnership, and won't that be something!  :trollface:

feanval #5 Posted May 03 2018 - 21:16

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19417 battles
  • [-RH-] -RH-
What are the requirements to get your hands on him?

GeorgePreddy #6 Posted May 03 2018 - 21:33

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

'There must be no scapegoats'

The defeat heralds the end of the international career of goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon, the most capped player in Italian history with 175 appearances.
A tearful Buffon said he was sorry for all of Italy and that the blame was "divided equally among us all."

Buffon cries after Italy is eliminated

The 39-year-old, who made his international debut in October 1997, told reporters: "It is upsetting that my last match decided we didn't qualify for the World Cup.
"I'm sorry. Not for me, but for Italy. We blew something that could have meant so much. The only regret is that it ended like this.

"The blame is divided equally among us all. There must be no scapegoats."

You guys better hope he commands a tank better than the Italian team played in this year's World Cup qualifying rounds.

_AcierSolem_ #7 Posted May 04 2018 - 01:19

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8004 battles
  • [NZKO] NZKO

View PostAltwar, on May 03 2018 - 16:41, said:

Any one else do a quick read of the thread title and see "Buffoon"?  :teethhappy:

That aside, pretty cool partnership idea and I'm sure the community in Italy is thrilled!  Now, get an NFL player to do the same in NA and that would be even more exciting. 

Better yet, get an NBA player partnership, and have a tank with him doing the commander voice over, along with the SOS crew of the Kardashians (because they do like their NBA players), and you'll the E Network partnership, and won't that be something!  :trollface:

It’s NA (North American) Server, not United States server. Outside the states not many ppl care about the NBA or NFL nearly as much as we care about Futbol sooooo that would be less of a hype 

Altwar #8 Posted May 04 2018 - 01:57

Major

• Players
  • 58452 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View Post_AcierSolem_, on May 03 2018 - 16:19, said:

It’s NA (North American) Server, not United States server. Outside the states not many ppl care about the NBA or NFL nearly as much as we care about Futbol sooooo that would be less of a hype 

VERY well aware that it's the NA server.  Trust me I am.   You'll see though that I never mentioned the United States as an entity and if you weren't aware, the NBA exists in Canada so it's not entirely a US thing. 

And just ask China about the NBA, or better yet, check out their 2.9 BILLION video views, which makes it the most follow sports league in that nation (source: South China Morning Post ;)

Or Bloomburg which claims basketball, not futbol/soccer is the most popular sport.

If you want to stick to the NA (yes, you see, I still realize it's an NA server),

Canada's favorite sports:   Hockey, then Lacrosse. then Canadian Football, then baseball, then Cricket, and then soccer/futbol.  ;)

Mexico:   Futbol/soccer, then boxing, baseball, basketball, American football...

Brazil (in the NA server even though it's SA of course):  Futbol/soccer, volleyball, swimming and so on....American football's not even a thought or...is it?    300 semi-pro teams in Brazil with established leagues such as Sao Paulo Football League?  

I could go on but even soccer's not the be-it-all, end-it-all sport that you may think it is in this ever growing global community.

Lastly, my previous post was meant to be somewhat humorous and a little tongue-in-cheek.  That you didn't understand that likely means it was less humorous than I thought it might be but I made my point.   Btw, first I ever heard of the aforementioned player.   I do watch soccer/futbol upon some occasion but I'm more likely to play it on the beach or on the PS4 than I am to watch it on TV.

Tuzban #9 Posted May 04 2018 - 16:54

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37347 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostDomoSapien, on May 03 2018 - 15:15, said:

So, I logged in and started playing Italian tanks, but I don't see Buffon anywhere.

Where should I look for him?

Lexers615 #10 Posted May 06 2018 - 01:47

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15725 battles
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB

View PostTuzban, on May 04 2018 - 10:54, said:

So, I logged in and started playing Italian tanks, but I don't see Buffon anywhere.

Where should I look for him?

I have the very same question...

ToothDecay #11 Posted May 06 2018 - 02:08

Major

• Players
  • 26964 battles
  • [NARC] NARC
I think it's cute that they actually CALL it Football.

pseudocalm #12 Posted Jun 15 2018 - 22:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 6415 battles
  • [CLAUS] CLAUS
He doesn't come with sixth sense? Why on earth would you be able to buy him for real money? 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users