• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Gnomon #1 Posted May 04 2018 - 16:34

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 782 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Howdy Boom Jockies! 

Hope you are having a great Friday! I wanted to let you know about a couple of Soviet tanks and the supertest. 

First off, the K91 and the Object 277 are even closer to arriving in the game. 

In case you don't remember, these are the mysterious Tier X tanks in the Soviet tech-tree, currently in storage and under wraps. But, we’ll be showing them to the world soon enough as we’re almost done defining their roles in the game. The Supertests have shown these tanks’ viability, and we’ll stick to the initial concepts: a fire-support medium (the K91) and a mobile-assault heavy (the Object 277).

Since we’ve dealt with the top tier vehicles, let's talk about their predecessors! Today, we’re launching the Supertest for the Object 430 Version II.

Currently, the Object 430 Version II is a close-range fighter (with decent armor and alpha) but mediocre aiming. The Supertest version is like a (now found) missing link between the Object 416 and the K91: a rear-turret medium with an excellent gun featuring good stabilization. With only a small amount of armor, and a smaller HP pool (down to 1600), the new Object 430 Version II will leave brawling behind, excelling at being a very agile sniper that moves constantly around the map. 

Why are we redefining the Object 430 Version II this way, you may ask? Well, the Object 416 is very popular with players, so we have decided to adopt its gameplay as a model for the entire Soviet rear-turret mediums branch.

We hope this has given you an idea of the tanks mentioned above (based on their gameplay roles). We’ll share their final specs shortly before they show up in the game. When will it happen? Relatively soon, close to this summer.

Make sure to follow the news on the official site, and we’ll make sure to keep supertesting tanks and keeping you updated.

Let us know what you think! 

See you on the battlefield! 

Altwar #2 Posted May 04 2018 - 16:43

Major

• Players
  • 54665 battles
  • [A-F] A-F

New Soviet tanks, thank goodness!  I begin to worry about this game when a month goes by without having a new one appear!  ;)

As far as the Obj 430 V2 goes, I sure didn't enjoy playing it but I've seen some players who were absolutely amazing in it so I'm looking forward to seeing its new tweaks.  Also have a crew in the T34-85 who will some day see the Obj 430 V2 when they are more skilled.

Seriously though, good news to hear!  Meanwhile I've been playing the T-10 to build xp in anticipation of the new tier 10 heavy and have been rediscovering that its a pretty good tank.  Previously most of my battles with it was when it was the IS-8, but that was quite a while ago.  

mohawkdriver #3 Posted May 04 2018 - 16:45

Captain

• Players
  • 20760 battles
  • [_RTF_] _RTF_
More OP-ness.  Great.

dominator_98 #4 Posted May 04 2018 - 17:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 19896 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

0.35 dispersion on an armorless tier 9 320 alpha sniper? Better have some pretty good hidden dispersion stats.

YANKEE137 #5 Posted May 04 2018 - 17:08

Major

• -Players-
  • 10077 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
These new T10's need to be able to crack open the 268-4 from the front, because nothing can. Otherwise why would we grind tanks that are already power creeped?

Edited by YANKEE137, May 04 2018 - 17:11.

Kehox #6 Posted May 04 2018 - 17:16

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13534 battles

219 standard penetration at tier 9...gold sink 330 heat ( i guess ) ... or you have the HE but the pen isnt enough high..  -4 Gun depresion good luck with that.. 

the only good thing i see for now of this tank : 

400 meter view range

55 top speed forward ( depend on what will be the soft stats / hidden stats ) 

2 sec aiming time.. ( depend on hidden/soft stats )

Edited by Kehox, May 06 2018 - 21:22.

Dockmaster #7 Posted May 04 2018 - 17:17

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 42592 battles
  • [ACES] ACES

Just what me need... more impenetrable Russian tanks.

Why can we not get a tier 8 US Premium TD with a proper crew load out to be sold in the in game store. No bundles selling you stuff you do NOT want.

We have been requesting this for 7 years. Most companies go out of their way to accommodate their customers wishes and needs. But not WG. Just more Russian crap.

I

churchill50 #8 Posted May 04 2018 - 17:29

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16976 battles
  • [SEIKO] SEIKO

View PostDockmaster, on May 04 2018 - 09:17, said:

Why can we not get a tier 8 US Premium TD with a proper crew load out to be sold in the in game store. No bundles selling you stuff you do NOT want.

We have been requesting this for 7 years. Most companies go out of their way to accommodate their customers wishes and needs. But not WG. Just more Russian crap.

I

TIL 80mm of frontal armor at tier 9 is "impenetrable."

RMxR #9 Posted May 04 2018 - 17:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 42483 battles
For me is a good idea, going from a medium range sniper Obj. 416 to a semi brawling 430 II and then back again to a sniper K-91 is just "anti-climatic". The only thing WG should keep almost untouched is the power to weight ratio because all of them need to relocate fast if needed.

BabA_YA6A #10 Posted May 04 2018 - 17:43

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26287 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O
I enjoyed playing my 430 II, but if those armor changes get implemented I most likely sell mine...Smile_sceptic.gif

Altwar #11 Posted May 04 2018 - 17:45

Major

• Players
  • 54665 battles
  • [A-F] A-F

View PostYANKEE137, on May 04 2018 - 08:08, said:

These new T10's need to be able to crack open the 268-4 from the front, because nothing can. Otherwise why would we grind tanks that are already power creeped?

Nothing can and yet mine gets cracked regularly.  Maybe not regularly  by the point-and-shoot crowd, but good players seem to be doing just fine vs mine.

BabA_YA6A #12 Posted May 04 2018 - 17:49

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26287 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O

View PostGnomon, on May 04 2018 - 07:34, said:

Howdy Boom Jockies! 

Hope you are having a great Friday! I wanted to let you know about a couple of Soviet tanks and the supertest. 

In case you don't remember, these are the mysterious Tier X tanks in the Soviet tech-tree, currently in storage and under wraps. But, we’ll be showing them to the world soon enough as we’re almost done defining their roles in the game. The Supertests have shown these tanks’ viability, and we’ll stick to the initial concepts: a fire-support medium (the K91) and a mobile-assault heavy (the Object 277).

Since we’ve dealt with the top tier vehicles, let's talk about their predecessors! Today, we’re launching the Supertest for the Object 430 Version II.

Currently, the Object 430 Version II is a close-range fighter (with decent armor and alpha) but mediocre aiming. The Supertest version is like a (now found) missing link between the Object 416 and the K91: a rear-turret medium with an excellent gun featuring good stabilization. With only a small amount of armor, and a smaller HP pool (down to 1600), the new Object 430 Version II will leave brawling behind, excelling at being a very agile sniper that moves constantly around the map. 

Why are we redefining the Object 430 Version II this way, you may ask? Well, the Object 416 is very popular with players, so we have decided to adopt its gameplay as a model for the entire Soviet rear-turret mediums branch.

We hope this has given you an idea of the tanks mentioned above (based on their gameplay roles). We’ll share their final specs shortly before they show up in the game. When will it happen? Relatively soon, close to this summer.

Make sure to follow the news on the official site, and we’ll make sure to keep supertesting tanks and keeping you updated.

I guess with those great news you soured up my Friday...Smile_sad.gif

YANKEE137 #13 Posted May 04 2018 - 18:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 10077 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

View PostAltwar, on May 04 2018 - 17:45, said:

Nothing can and yet mine gets cracked regularly.  Maybe not regularly  by the point-and-shoot crowd, but good players seem to be doing just fine vs mine.

The things are taking over in clan wars, you get teams of one Batchat, maybe one arty, and all the rest 268-4. At 55kph they just swamp you. I understand they want to win at all cost, but no one tank should be that good. They are making entire classes obsolete.

tonkmato #14 Posted May 04 2018 - 18:30

Captain

• Players
  • 14124 battles

View PostDockmaster, on May 04 2018 - 09:17, said:

I

Was going to say maybe you're new here, but I see you are not. Maybe in all those years you haven't realized their customer base is russia. Not the tiny NA server. We get what the Russian customers want. 

Mikosah #15 Posted May 04 2018 - 23:51

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles

The whole argument basically boils down to this- if the 430vII is going to be a dedicated sniper and nothing else, yet its AP pen will remain at only 219, then its going to heavily rely on the HEAT shell. And so if the whole shtick is spamming the 330 pen HEAT, why not do so a whole tier lower in the 416? And for that matter, a similar conclusion can be reached about the K-91. Though in that case, the selling point is that the standard shell would be more sufficient and that this would make the tank more profitable to run. 

Tier 8 is currently a mess so even an extremely awkward and difficult tank like the 416 can stand out on the merits of firepower alone. But tiers 9 and 10 are very competitive, if you're trying to make a sales pitch for inflexible snipers in these tiers, you're going to have to keep in mind what the competition is. For all intents and purposes, the normal tier 9 or 10 mediums are already just as effective in this role and without being gimped with features like limited turret rotation, nonexistent gun depression, et cetera. 

One more complication is what may (or may not) happen in the upcoming ammo rework. That may turn this entire situation upside-down.

Tamagakure #16 Posted May 05 2018 - 02:26

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17988 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
Looks like an overall nerf to me. No reason to change it like there was no reason to change the 263 imho

Pb_magnet #17 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 17:03

Private

• -Players-
  • 13537 battles
I believe the game is developed in the Belarus country and that the focus may stem decisively Russian and most of the money may come from the Russian server/s.  I have taken the opportunity to view/read the Twitch/You-tube bloggers talk about the known Russian biased tanks that lead in every tier yet I would be pleased to see if they are doing anything about changing that known problem with the game? 

Dragon_Witch #18 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 23:11

Major

• Players
  • 11802 battles

View PostDockmaster, on May 04 2018 - 11:17, said:

Good luck with that.  The_Chieftain has said multiple times that there's no American TD designs that fit at Tier 8 that aren't already in the game.  And he should know, he literally wrote the book on American TDs.

SU_Whisperer #19 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 23:39

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5730 battles

View PostGnomon, on May 04 2018 - 10:34, said:

Howdy Boom Jockies! 

416 is one of the less played tank in the game don't make me laugh

rich73 #20 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 23:45

Major

• Players
  • 50798 battles
Ground out 300 xp in my T10,now give me the tank..lol

Also tagged with supertest, soviet tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users