Black Screen Crash

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

KalEx79 #1 Posted May 06 2018 - 22:09

Private

• Players
  • 8009 battles
  • [WN] WN
When I start the launcher and click play, the game launches to a black screen. I have to manually shut down my computer because I just can't do nothing at this point. No mouse cursor and alt+tab does nothing. Ctrl+Alt+Del does nothing either.

PapioTitan #2 Posted May 06 2018 - 22:21

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 42413 battles

Some options:

1. There is a repair utility in the WGC client under settings I believe. Run it.

2. Check your Windows? logs under the event viewer. Note the time of the black screen and look for errors around that time in the Windows logs and Applications log. Google "Windows logs" if you don't know where they are.

3. There may be a error logger in the WoT files. Search the files or search for in the forums.

GL

anonym_gdgezg759K3X #3 Posted May 26 2018 - 21:49

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
Well my computer would go to a sleep/hibernate mode during my random battles or sometimes just logging into wot. I would have to unplug computer and plug back in and restart to do anything. It is almost like a full blown lock up, but mobo lights still on but everything else would turn off. I mean all fans power switch light, indicator lights, everything except lights on my mobo. I tried repacking the thermal greese on cpu/cpu cooler, vacuumed everything, removed and replaced video card, stress tested cpu and video card. Everything was ok. Well long story short, I think, knock on wood, the repair utility solved the issue. Done 7 random battles with no issues thus far.

anonym_gdgezg759K3X #4 Posted May 29 2018 - 14:18

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

Update
So now it has been a few days since I used the repair utility. I have since updated every driver on my computer using driver booster.   The effect has happened three more times since.

I want to say that I not at all mean to hijack this thread from the OP, so please accept my apologies if I have done so. It is just that the symptoms you posted are the same symptoms my computer has. So here is my latest on my computer. I have since the repair utility was used have had several crashes. All of which I must power off the computer and restart form a new boot afterwards. I placed a small mobile air conditioner in front of the computer tower and the exhausted air is cold coming out the back of tower, so I will assume temperature is not an issue at this point. I repacked the cpu/cpu cooler with  thermal putty.  I removed the video card, cleaned it, and replaced it back in the computer.  I watched Netflix last night with no problem what so ever. I surf the net with no problems at all.  World of tanks and world of Warcraft, so far, are the only software which seams related to the crashing. I have gone through the event viewer, but all I can find related to the crash, is the code 41, critical error. This error code does not really tell me why it’s crashing other than it unexpectedly turned off with out shutting down correctly. Now I am very computer mechanically inclined, but very troubleshooting illiterate so there may be more information that is just flying over my head unknowingly. Besides paying a computer tech to diagnose the effect and come up with a solution for the cause, is there a  freeware that will tell me specifically what is the cause of my computer crashing? I am not wanting to take my computer to a tech, but if i need to then so be it, but I am at the y in the road as for what to do next.  I have reached the point that I am not computer savvy enough to diagnose the computer any further. At this point I am thinking cpu and video card are the cause.

My computer spec's are below.

Operating System
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1

CPU
AMD FX-4350 22 °C
Vishera 32nm Technology

RAM
16.0GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 577MHz (11-11-11-28)

Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. SABERTOOTH 990FX R3.0 (Socket 942) 31 °C

Graphics
VE248 (1920x1080@59Hz)
8192MB ATI Radeon RX 480 Graphics (ASUStek Computer Inc) 42 °C

Storage
931GB Western Digital WDC WD1003FZEX-00K3CA0 ATA Device (SATA ) 32 °C
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00BN5A0 ATA Device (SATA ) 34 °C

Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224FB ATA Device

Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio